Talk:Roth IRA

From Bogleheads
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Any contribution to a Roth IRA (or a traditional IRA) cannot be greater than the amount of earned income reported on your tax return for that year. Earned income is usually reported on line 2 of the W-2 you receive from your employer.

Feel free to add this into the body of the article; the page is a work-in progress Blbarnitz 17:57, 17 July 2008 (UTC)

Reader feedback: An hypothetical example with... posted this comment on 9 December 2014 (view all feedback).

An hypothetical example with actual numbers could be helpful to better understand distribution.

Any thoughts?

Blbarnitz 03:06, 10 December 2014 (CST)

Roth IRA for children

The content in Roth IRA for Children should be reconciled with Accounts for children#Cautions, 2nd paragraph. --LadyGeek 00:01, 26 May 2020 (UTC)