News and blogs
News and blogs contains the RSS feeds for site participant's blogs and podcasts. Additional podcasts can be found here.
(04 April 2021)
Talking taxes with Phil Demuth, Ph.D. Phil is a Managing Director at Conservative Wealth Management, LLC, and the author of nine personal financ...
(25 February 2021)
(29 January 2021)
Sarah Newcomb, Ph....
(01 January 2021)
Frazer Rice is the author of “Wealth, Actually: Intelligent Decision-Making for the 1%”, host of the “Wealth, Actually” podcast, creator of the "Wealth,...
(29 November 2020)
Roger Lowenstein reported for The Wall Street Journal for more than a decade and is also an award-winning book author. His work has appeared in Bloo...
The site blog, maintained by forum member Barry Barnitz.
(16 April 2021)
- The John C. Bogle Center for Financial Literacy has published the fifth in its Bogleheads® Speaker Series videos. The John C. Bogle Center for Financial Literacy is pleased to present the fifth ins...
(05 April 2021)
- Rick Ferri talks taxes with Phil Demuth, Ph.D. He is Managing Director at Conservative Wealth Management, LLC, and the author of nine personal finance books, most co-authored with his pal, economis...
(25 March 2021)
- The Chicago Virtual Chapter held an on-line meeting during the evening of March 24, 2021. The subject of the meeting was a retirement planning tool, the Flexible Retirement Planner. The Flexible Re...
(23 March 2021)
- This post contains spreadsheets that detail various aspects of the Vanguard Mid Cap Index Fund. Accounting data The accounting figures and associated ratios can help one visualize some of the major...
(21 March 2021)
- This post contains spreadsheets that detail various aspects of the Vanguard Extended Market Index Fund. Accounting data The accounting figures and associated ratios can help one visualize some of t...
Jim Dahle (a.k.a. EmergDoc, for medical professionals)
(23 April 2021)
(22 April 2021)
(21 April 2021)
(20 April 2021)
(19 April 2021)
(16 April 2021)
- Recently I’ve received emails from a few different readers on the topic of tracking basis in a Roth IRA. That is, with a Roth IRA, you can remove contributions tax-free and penalty-free at an...
(12 April 2021)
- A reader wrote in recently with the following story/question: For the last several years of my wife’s work before retiring, she had worked for a government agency and no SS had been collected...
(02 April 2021)
- As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, I recently gave a presentation for the Detroit and Minnesota Bogleheads groups about the “Cookie-Cutter Retirement Plan” concept. Here is the link to the Zoom...
(29 March 2021)
- Timing the stock market is hard. It’s so hard, in fact, that there’s a reasonably broad consensus that it’s unwise to even try. And that’s in spite of the fact that, when at...
(19 March 2021)
- Next Saturday (3/27), I’ll be giving a presentation for the Detroit and Minnesota Bogleheads groups. But, since it’s via Zoom, anybody is welcome. The topic will be the “Cookie-Cu...
No RSS feeds are available, but articles can be found at:
- ETF.com every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- Advisor Perspectives, about once a month.
- Alpha Architect, less frequently.
The Finance Buff
(22 April 2021)
President Biden's COVID stimulus package American Rescue Plan turns the ACA premium subsidy cliff to a slope in 2021 & 2022. The cliff will return in 2023.
If you get health insurance from ACA, the government sets the percentages of income you are expected to contribute toward a benchmark policy.
The post Covid Retirement Account Withdrawal in TurboTax and H&R Block (29 March 2021)
If you withdrew from your retirement account due to COVID in 2020, follow this to get the special tax treatment in TurboTax and H&R Block tax software.
How To Enter Mega Backdoor Roth In H&R Block Tax Software (20 March 2021)
Follow these easy step-by-step explanation with screenshots when you enter the 1099-R form for your mega backdoor Roth into H&R Block tax software.
The post How To Enter Mega Backdoor Roth in FreeTaxUSA: A Walkthrough (15 March 2021)
Follow these easy step-by-step explanation with screenshots when you enter the 1099-R form for your mega backdoor Roth into FreeTaxUSA.
The post Academic blogs
(12 January 2021)
- Below are the top 10 downloaded papers of 2020 on SSRN. # ID Abstract Title Authors Affiliations Downloads 1 3550308 Temperature, Humidity and Latitude Analysis to Predict Potential Spread and Seas...
(23 November 2020)
- Here are the top 5 papers trending on SSRN, from November 16 to November 20, 2020. # ID Abstract Title Authors Affiliations Downloads 1 3695566 Not One of the Boys: Memoir of an Academic Misfit Sus...
(16 November 2020)
- Here are the top 5 papers trending on SSRN, from November 9 to November 13, 2020. # ID Abstract Title Authors Affiliations Downloads 1 3672484 Gender and Race Preferences in Hiring in the Age of Di...
(09 November 2020)
- Top 5 papers trending on SSRN, from November 2 to November 6, 2020. # ID Abstract Title Authors Affiliations Downloads 1 3722299 The Effects of Large Group Meetings on the Spread of COVID-19: The C...
(02 November 2020)
- Top 5 Papers trending on SSRN October 26 to November 2, 2020
- The Bogleheads® View
- Jim Dahle
- Laura Dogu
- Rick Ferri
- Mel Lindauer
- Mike Piper
- Allan Roth
- Bill Schultheis
- SSRN blog
- Larry Swedroe
- The Finance Buff
- Financial Page, site blog expresses viewpoints about investing from members of the Bogleheads forum.
The Bogleheads® Conference videos Investment philosophy Member contributions US investors start-up kits Non-US investors start-up kits Published works Wiki Data sources Reading References Tools Websites and blogs