News and blogs
News and blogs contains the RSS feeds for site participant's blogs and podcasts. Additional podcasts can be found here.
(01 January 2021)
Frazer Rice is the author of “Wealth, Actually: Intelligent Decision-Making for the 1%”, host of the “Wealth, Actually” podcast, creator of the "Wealth,...
(29 November 2020)
Roger Lowenstein reported for The Wall Street Journal for more than a decade and is also an award-winning book author. His work has appeared in Bloo...
(30 October 2020)
Dr. Cliff Asness is a Founder, Managing Principal, and Chief Investment Officer at AQR Capital Management, a quantitative...
(29 September 2020)
The site blog, maintained by forum member Barry Barnitz.
(25 January 2021)
- The 2021 Boglehead Contest was announced in a January 1, 2021 Bogleheads Forum topic post. The Boglehead Contest is an annual event that takes place on the Bogleheads forum where members take...
(22 January 2021)
- The following meeting summary is courtesy of forum member IndyMachiner. There were twelve individuals in attendance for our Tuesday, January 12, 2021 meeting. We discussed asset allocation –...
(15 January 2021)
- Taylor Larimore was born on January 25, 1924 in Boston, Massachusetts, and with this January 25, 2021 birthday, he has now graced the planet for 97 years. This remarkable long life has witnessed th...
(11 January 2021)
- The John C. Bogle Center for Financial Literacy has published the third in its Bogleheads® Speaker Series videos. For our third video event, we’re thrilled to present a conversation featuring Vangu...
(07 January 2021)
- The following table lists 2020 total returns for various examples of “lazy portfolios”. Some of the portfolios (Coffeehouse and Coward’s) are designed as 60/40 stock/bond portfolios. Other por...
Jim Dahle (a.k.a. EmergDoc, for medical professionals)
(28 January 2021)
(27 January 2021)
(26 January 2021)
(25 January 2021)
(23 January 2021)
(22 January 2021)
- While I Bonds aren’t exactly a secret, they don’t get the amount of coverage they deserve — especially in an interest rate environment such as today’s in which yields on the...
(18 January 2021)
- If you’ve read much about retirement planning, you’ve probably encountered the “4% rule” — the idea that, if you spend 4% of your portfolio balance in the first year o...
(08 January 2021)
- It’s been one heck of a week, to follow what was, by any measure, one heck of a year. In finance, one thing you eventually have to accept is that it’s impossible to predict what’s...
(04 January 2021)
- One of the most common retirement tax planning errors I see is specific to married couples: not accounting for the tax changes that will occur once one of the two spouses dies. For example, using d...
(26 December 2020)
- This week I particularly enjoyed an article from Nick Maggiulli pointing out something that’s not frequently mentioned about personal finance experts: “Many of them have gotten wealthy...
No RSS feeds are available, but articles can be found at:
- ETF.com every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- Advisor Perspectives, about once a month.
- Alpha Architect, less frequently.
The Finance Buff
(26 January 2021)
Buy a security key and use it for two-factor authenticatioin with Vanguard. Use a Google Voice number as backup instead of SMS to your real mobile number.
How to Report Backdoor Roth In FreeTaxUSA: A Walkthrough (21 January 2021)
Follow these detailed instructions with clear explanation and many screenshots when you report your Backdoor Roth in FreeTaxUSA online tax software.
The post How To Report Backdoor Roth In H&R Block Tax Software: A Walkthrough (20 January 2021)
Follow these detailed step-by-step instructions with clear explanation and many screenshots when you report your Backdoor Roth in H&R Block tax software.
How To Enter Mega Backdoor Roth in TurboTax: A Walkthrough (19 January 2021)
Follow these easy step-by-step explanation with screenshots when you enter the 1099-R form for your mega backdoor Roth into TurboTax.
The post How To Report Backdoor Roth In TurboTax: A Walkthrough (18 January 2021)
Follow these detailed step-by-step instructions with clear explanation and many screenshots when you report your Backdoor Roth in TurboTax.
The post Academic blogs
(12 January 2021)
- Below are the top 10 downloaded papers of 2020 on SSRN. # ID Abstract Title Authors Affiliations Downloads 1 3550308 Temperature, Humidity and Latitude Analysis to Predict Potential Spread and Seas...
(23 November 2020)
- Here are the top 5 papers trending on SSRN, from November 16 to November 20, 2020. # ID Abstract Title Authors Affiliations Downloads 1 3695566 Not One of the Boys: Memoir of an Academic Misfit Sus...
(16 November 2020)
- Here are the top 5 papers trending on SSRN, from November 9 to November 13, 2020. # ID Abstract Title Authors Affiliations Downloads 1 3672484 Gender and Race Preferences in Hiring in the Age of Di...
(09 November 2020)
- Top 5 papers trending on SSRN, from November 2 to November 6, 2020. # ID Abstract Title Authors Affiliations Downloads 1 3722299 The Effects of Large Group Meetings on the Spread of COVID-19: The C...
(02 November 2020)
- Top 5 Papers trending on SSRN October 26 to November 2, 2020
Failed to load RSS feed from http://retirementresearcher.com/rss: Error parsing XML for RSS
- The Bogleheads® View
- Jim Dahle
- Laura Dogu
- Rick Ferri
- Mel Lindauer
- Wade Pfau
- Mike Piper
- Allan Roth
- Bill Schultheis
- SSRN blog
- Larry Swedroe
- The Finance Buff
- Financial Page, site blog expresses viewpoints about investing from members of the Bogleheads forum.
The Bogleheads® Conference videos Investment philosophy Member contributions Start-up kits Published works Wiki Data sources Reading References Tools Websites and blogs