|Alma mater||University of Columbia|
|Occupation||Glenn Klimek Professor of Finance at Santa Clara University|
|Years active||1998 to present|
|What Investors Really Want|
|Website||Statman at Santa Clara|
Meir Statman is the Glenn Klimek Professor of Finance at Santa Clara University. His research focuses on behavioral finance. He attempts to understand how investors and managers make financial decisions and how these decisions are reflected in financial markets.
Statman’s research has been published in the Journal of Finance, the Journal of Financial Economics, the Review of Financial Studies, the Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, the Financial Analysts Journal, the Journal of Portfolio Management.
|2009||Graham and Dodd Scroll||The Wages of Social Responsibility|
|2008||Moskowitz Prize (best paper)||The Wages of Social Responsibility|
|2001||Jacobs Levy Award||Cognitive Biases in Market Forecasts|
|2001||Sharpe Award||Behavorial Portfolio Theory|
|1999||Graham and Dodd Scroll||Behavioral Finance: Past Battles and Future Engagements|
|1993||Graham and Dodd Award||Ethics, Fairness and Efficiency in Financial Markets|
- Statman, Meir (November 16, 2010). What Investors Really Want. McGraw-Hill. p. 304. ISBN 9780071741651
- "Graham and Dodd Award Winners". CFA Institute. Retrieved December 14, 2015.
- "Moskowitz Prize Winners". Haas School of Business. Retrieved December 21, 2015.
- "Bernstein Fabozzi/Jacobs Levy Awards". Jacob Levy Equity Management. Retrieved December 21, 2015.
- "The Sharpe Award". Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis (JFQA). Retrieved December 15, 2015.
- Statman, Meir; Glushkov, Denys (2009). The Wages of Social Responsibility. Financial Analysts Journal: CFA Institute. pp. 33–46.
- Fisher, Kenneth L.; Statman, Meir (2000). Cognitive Biases in Market Forecasts. The Journal of Portfolio Management: Institutional Investor Journals. pp. 72–81.
- Shefrin, Hersh; Statman, Meir (2000). Behavorial Portfolio Theory. Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis: Cambridge University Press. pp. 127–151.
- Statman, Meir (1999). Behavioral Finance: Past Battles and Future Engagements. Financial Analysts Journal: Association for Investment Management and Research. pp. 18–27.
- Shefrin, Hersh; Statman, Meir (1993). Ethics, Fairness and Efficiency in Financial Markets. Financial Analysts Journal: Association for Investment Management and Research. pp. 21–29.
- Statman Profile, home webpage
- Author page, Academic search (beta)
- Google author page
- SSRN author page