Kenneth R. French
Kenneth R. French
|Born||March 10, 1954|
Franklin, New Hampshire
|Alma mater||University Rochester|
|Occupation||Academic , neo-classical economics|
|Years active||Since 2001|
|Fama-French three-factor model|
|Awards||James R. Vertin Award|
|Website||French at Dartmouth|
Kenneth R. French is the Carl E. and Catherine M. Heidt Professor of Finance at the Tuck School of Business, Dartmouth College.
French’s recent research focuses on empirical estimates of the cross-section of expected stock returns, the cost of capital, dividend policy, and capital structure. He is noted for the three factor model, which he has researched in partnership with Eugene F. Fama.
In 2013, Fama and French introduced a five-factor asset pricing model, adding profitability and investment factors to augment the three-factor model.
In 2014 French received the James R. Vertin Award in recognition of his having produced a body of research notable for its relevance and enduring value to investment professionals.
French has co-authored four award-winning papers:
|2006||Jensen Prize (second place)||Profitability, Investment, and Average Returns|
|2004||Fama-DFA Prize (second place)||New lists: Fundamentals and survival rates|
|2001||Jensen Prize (second place)||Disappearing Dividends: Changing Firm Characteristics or Lower Propensity to Pay|
|1992||Smith-Breeden Prize||The Cross-Section of Expected Stock Returns|
- John Y. Campbell et al, The Squam Lake Report: Fixing the Financial System, with the Squam Lake Group (Kenneth French, Chair), Princeton University Press, (2010). ISBN 978-1405125048
The Atom feed does not display correctly, use this link instead: Atom feed
- "James R. Vertin Award". CFA Institute. Retrieved January 4, 2016.
- Fama, Eugene F.; French, Ken (2006). Profitability, Investment, and Average Returns. Journal of Financial Economics. CFA Institute. Retrieved December 17, 2015.
- Fama, Eugene F.; French, Ken (2004). New lists: Fundamentals and survival rates. Journal of Financial Economics. North-Holland. Retrieved December 17, 2015.
- Fama, Eugene F.; French, Ken (2001). Disappearing Dividends: Changing Firm Characteristics or Lower Propensity to Pay. Journal of Financial Economics. Oxford University Press. pp. 229–269. Retrieved December 17, 2015.
- Fama, Eugene F.; French, Ken (1992). The Cross-Section of Expected Stock Returns. Journal of Finance. Blackwell Publishing Ltd. pp. 427–465. Retrieved December 17, 2015.
- Home page
- Author page, Academic search (beta)
- Kenneth French : Citation Profile, CitEc
- SSRN Working Papers
- Fama/French Forum