Brad M. Barber
Brad M. Barber
|Alma mater||University of Chicago|
|Occupation||University of California, Davis, Graduate School of Management|
|Years active||Since 1986|
|Known for||Behavioral finance studies|
|Website||Barber at UC-Davis|
Brad M. Barber is the Gallagher Professor of Finance at the UC Davis Graduate School of Management.
"Professor Barber's research focuses on asset pricing and behavioral finance. He has written numerous scholarly articles, which have appeared in top academic publications including the Journal of Finance, Journal of Financial Economics, Review of Financial Studies, Journal of Political Economy, Quarterly Journal of Economics, American Sociological Review, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, and the Financial Analyst Journal."
Davis also serves as the director of The Center for Investor Welfare and Corporate Responsibility at the UC Davis Graduate School of Management.
|2014||Graham-Dodd Scroll||Do (Some) University Endowments Earn Alpha?|
|2006||Moskowitz Prize||Monitoring the Monitor: Evaluating CalPERS' Activism|
|2005||EFA Best Paper Awards||All that Glitters: The Effect of Attention and News on the Buying Behavior of Individual and Institutional Investors|
|2000||Graham-Dodd Scroll||Too Many Cooks Spoil the Profits: Investment Club Performance|
|1997||Fama-DFA Prize||Detecting long-run abnormal stock returns: The empirical power and specification of test-statistics|
- Brad Barber Biography. Reviewed December 21, 2015
- The Center for Investor Welfare and Corporate Responsibility. Reviewed December 21, 2015
- "EFA Best Paper Awards". European Finance Association. Retrieved December 21, 2015.
- "Moskowitz Prize Winners". Haas School of Business. Retrieved December 19, 2015.
- "Graham and Dodd Award Winners". CFA Institute. Retrieved December 14, 2015.
- "Jensen and Fama-DFA Prizes". Journal of Financial Economics. Retrieved December 17, 2015.
- Barber, Brad M.; Wang, Guojun (2013). Do (Some) University Endowments Earn Alpha?. Financial Analysts Journal: CFA Institute. pp. 26–44.
- Barber, Brad M. (2006). Monitoring the Monitor: Evaluating CalPERS' Activism. SSRN.
- Barber, Brad M.; Odean, Terrance (2000). All that Glitters: The Effect of Attention and News on the Buying Behavior of Individual and Institutional Investors. Review of Financial Studies: Oxford University Press. pp. 785–818.
- Barber, Brad M.; Odean, Terrance (2000). Too Many Cooks Spoil the Profits: Investment Club Performance. Financial Analysts Journal: The Association for Investment Management and Research. pp. 17–25.
- Barber, Brad M.; Lyon, Journal of financial economics (1997). Detecting long-run abnormal stock returns: The empirical power and specification of test-statistics. Journal of Financial Economics: North-Holland. pp. 341–372.
- Home page
- Personal site
- Author page, Academic search (beta)
- Brad M. Barber : Citation Profile
- Google author page
- SSRN author page