Social Security: member contributions is a collection of Boglehead forum member postings about Social Security. The postings represent the members' own opinions.
- Bogleheads® forum topic: Social Security [i]: Max SS Earnings, Bend Points, How Many More Years? [USA]. Sep 08, 2016
- Bogleheads® forum topic: Social Security [ii]: 2nd Bend And Retirement At Age 56, What PIA Claiming At Age 70? [USA]. Sep 10, 2016
- Bogleheads® forum topic: Social Security [iii]: Spouses [USA]. Sep 10, 2016
- Retiree Portfolio Model, by forum member BigFoot48, includes a feature that compares two alternative SS benefit amounts and starting ages, including the ability to include the File and Suspend option for those still eligible, and determines the impact of the alternatives upon income, taxes and portfolio balances.
- Social Security tax impact calculator, by forum member PapaGeek, graphically shows how the taxation of your Social Security (SS) benefits will affect your retirement tax rates.
- Bogleheads® forum topic: Downloadable Social Security Benefit Estimator, neurosphere. Oct 31, 2018. Provides ballpark estimates of social security benefits, as well as allow you to simulate the effects of future price and wage inflation in order to convert benefits more "accurately" into "today's dollars".
- Bogleheads® forum topic: Effect of Social Security when Retiring before Benefits Begin, #Cruncher. Jul 11, 2018. When retiring before starting Social Security, determine how much savings are needed to fund a desired level of spending. Instructions and examples are provided to create your own spreadsheet.
- Bogleheads® forum topic: "Open Social Security" calculator: feature requests, bug reports, etc, ObliviousInvestor (Mike Piper). Jun 06, 2018. A free and open-source calculator that helps you decide which Social Security claiming strategy will get you the most dollars over your lifetime.
- Bogleheads® forum post: Re: [Calculating future Social Security benefits: How do I adjust the discount rate?], #Cruncher. Jun 10, 2019. Calculates the present value (PV) of expected Social Security benefits. The created table approximates the results from the Open Social Security calculator (see the above forum discussion).
- Bogleheads® forum topic: SocialSecurity.tools updated to include spousal benefits, gregable. Jul 30, 2018. A free and open-source calculator which estimates your future benefits from your earnings record.