Join the Wiki!

US Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements.
gmagogsfm

Re: Join the Wiki!

Post by gmagogsfm »

Could you grant me access to editing the wiki?

I'd like to add instructions to make it more obvious that one can transfer funds between multiple accounts to circumvent frequent trading policy

https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Frequen ... then%20buy.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Thanks! I have added you as a wiki editor. Please check your Private Messages for the details.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
sksbog

Post by sksbog »

Would like to help.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Thanks! I have added you as a wiki editor. Please check your Private Messages for the details.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
lairdb

Post by lairdb »

Would like to repair some broken reference links.

(Example: link at https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/SIMPLE_IRA#cite_note-4 is broken; should be https://www.irs.gov/retirement-plans/re ... tablishing).
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

matt27

Post by matt27 »

I would love to be able to contribute to the Wiki as well. Thank you!
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Rowan Oak

Post by Rowan Oak »

Would be glad to help.
“If you can get good at destroying your own wrong ideas, that is a great gift.” – Charlie Munger
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

bh1

Post by bh1 »

I am willing and able to contribute to the wiki. Sign me up?

(Mildly curious why the wiki invite thread is in the US community forum.)
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Thanks! I had added you as a wiki editor. Please check your Private Messages for the details.

To answer your question, the wiki is part of the Bogleheads community. When we added the non-US forums a few years ago, we had to choose which community.

Since the majority of the members are US focused, that's where we put the invite thread. Also note the wiki's predecessor forum, Wiki and Reference Library, is also on the US side.
catlady

Post by catlady »

I stumbled across some broken links in the wiki and would like to request edit access so I can update them.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

PizzaEater

Post by PizzaEater »

I noticed the Treasury bill wiki page only lists T-bills as having maturities of 4, 13, 26, and 52 weeks. But 8- and 17-week T-bills are also available (first offered in 2018 and 2022, respectively).

If you make me an editor I can make the change myself. :happy
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

zip

Post by zip »

Hi!

I'm a new user on the Bogleheads forum and I've become very interested in the Boglehead approach to investing. I would like to help promote this approach in Poland and therefore I would like to express my interest in becoming a Wiki editor.

I am convinced that the Bogleheads Wiki is an excellent tool for learning and sharing knowledge, and as an editor, I would like to help supplement and update information related to investing.

I would also like to ask if it's possible to create a Polish version of Boglepedia, which would help promote the Boglehead approach in Poland. I would be happy to contribute to the creation of such a platform and I believe it could help popularize investing in a way that is simple, effective, and based on solid knowledge.

I'm looking forward to your responses and I hope that together we can create something valuable for the Bogleheads community in Poland.

Best regards!
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Hello, and Welcome!

First, I have added you as a wiki editor. Please check your Private Messages for the details. I have also sent you a Private Message regarding your questions for a new Polish wiki platform.

Let's start with the first step - An English language page in the Bogleheads wiki for Polish investors. I have created a draft page for you: User:Zip/Investing from Poland

Please ask questions regarding the wiki (editing and other assistance) in the private wiki editor's forum which you now have access.
CAsage

Post by CAsage »

I would like to create a wiki entry on "how to leave your advisor", as this comes up frequently and the information is piecemeal. Thank you!
Salvia Clevelandii "Winifred Gilman" my favorite. YMMV; not a professional advisor.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

hkcj

Post by hkcj »

Could I have wiki access please? (Or, alternatively - I just want to update the Vanguard target date funds page to reflect the current info that the underlying investments are no longer all investor class (specifically - "Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund Institutional Plus Shares") resulting in a lower expense ratio.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Thanks! I have added you as a wiki editor. If you find anything else to update, you'll be able to do so yourself.

Please check your Private Messages for the details.
martincmartin

Post by martincmartin »

I'd like to join the wiki as an editor as well. There are certain responses I give over and over, that seem helpful, that I'd like to create a personal wiki page for with more information. For example, when figuring out what bonds to keep, various sources have different advice:
  • Bill Bernstein says to use Short Term Treasuries, since the role of bonds for him is to keep people from freaking out when the stock market tanks, and Short Term Treasuries decrease least in value when interest rates go up.
  • Bengen/Trinity style studies suggest that Total Bond Market (in tax sheltered) or Intermediate Term Treasuries (taxable) work best for minimizing the historical chance of running out of money in retirement.
  • Bill Bernstein also suggests, if you've won the game and want to stop playing, create a Liability Matching Portfolio with a non-rolling TIPS ladder.
I once made a post about this in the forum, which got some positive feedback with no major objections. But rather than point people to a discussion thread, I'd rather point them to a wiki page. I'm happy if it's a personal page, which I think of as a "warning label" that not everyone agrees with it.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

That's why we have the wiki. It's a place you can link to instead of repeating the same content over and over. Linking to a personal page is fine.

Personal pages go under your User page. To get started, I created one for you here: User:Martincmartin

Your pages should be created as User:Martincmartin/(page title here). If you have any questions, please post them in the private wiki editor's forum which you now have access to.
orthros

Post by orthros »

Would like access to the Wiki to give some rather pertinent updates to the Donor Advised Fund article. Thanks.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

arcadian

Post by arcadian »

I'd like to join, thanks!
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

jamesplease

Post by jamesplease »

I'd like to join as an editor if possible. Thank you!
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Please check your Private Messages.
ganeshkmurthy

Post by ganeshkmurthy »

Can I get access to edit the Wiki please?
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Please check your Private Messages.