Roll Call for the Retirement Class of 2024!

US Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements.
Topic Author
Miriam2

Roll Call for the Retirement Class of 2024!

Post by Miriam2 »

:arrow: The Roll Call for the Retirement Class of 2024 is now open!

After years of toil and boil, it's time to relax . . .

Are you planning to retire in 2024? Congratulations!

To add your name to this Bogleheads Retirement Roll Call, just post on the thread with your R-date and R-age and you'll be part of the Wonderful Class of 2024 - yes, tentative and estimated dates are okay - and get ready for an exciting new phase of life :happy

"Down in Kokomo 8-) . . That's where you want to go, to get away from it all." :musical_note:
Last edited by Miriam2 on Sun May 28, 2023 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stan1

Re: Roll Call for the Retirement Class of 2024!

Post by stan1 »

I've been waiting for this thread for many years!

Estimated April 30, 2024
Age 56 1/2

What comes next? We'll see if something interesting comes up or I will occupy myself with exercise, piano, volunteering, and travel.
hppycamper

Post by hppycamper »

I'll be barely making the class of 2024.

Estimated December 31, 2024
Age 55
Last edited by hppycamper on Sun May 28, 2023 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Topic Author
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

stan1 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 9:17 pm I've been waiting for this thread for many years!

Estimated April 30, 2024
Age 56 1/2

What comes next? We'll see if something interesting comes up or I will occupy myself with exercise, piano, volunteering, and travel.
Yippee!! Our first class member! Welcome to the Roll Call, stan1, and this new Class of 2024 - you're on the roster :D

Great plans! Enjoy this upcoming glidepath into retirement. We wish you all the best in this new time of life :beer
hornet74

Post by hornet74 »

Miriam2 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 9:06 pm :arrow: The Roll Call for the Retirement Class of 2024 is now open!

After years of toil and boil, it's time to relax . . .

Are you planning to retire in 2024? Congratulations!

To add your name to this Bogleheads Retirement Roll Call, just post on the thread with your R-date and R-age and you'll be part of the Wonderful Class of 2024 - yes, tentative and estimated dates are okay - and get ready for an exciting new phase of life :happy

"Down in Kokomo 8-) . . That's where you want to go, to get away from it all." :musical_note:
Estimated July 1st
Age 50

What comes next? Relaxing, hikes and walks and more travel.
Jtdmn

Post by Jtdmn »

Early May 2024. I will be 65. As I mentioned recently in another thread I dropped out of an earlier class year. I blame the pandemic. Along with all the bad stuff it brought some good change. Travel for my job is almost non-existent now. We also became a totally remote work for anywhere office. My wife and I decided to snowbird in a warm location to test it out. We are going to test it for another year but it is looking like after I retire we will sell the house and move fully to our place in the sun. Beyond that I am looking forward to USA road travel and not having to check emails umpteen times a day.
Quaestner

Post by Quaestner »

Maybe if I post this I’ll help me actually retire? No more “OMY”! 33 years teaching middle school feels like enough. I’ll be 62 in June of 2024.
2Dog

Post by 2Dog »

Guess it’s my time to join the great unknown!
September 30th, 2024 at which time I will be 66 years and 8 months aka full retirement age….
nanciT

Post by nanciT »

We are BACK on the list! This time for 8/24 !! I got a jump start in 2020 from Nursing and Nurse Education (63) but he will finally retire after changing the date several times in August 2024 at 67.

Looking forward to travel and finally planning several trips and visits with friends overseas.
Topic Author
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

hppycamper wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 9:20 pm I'll be barely making the class of 2024.

Age 55
You'll make it! And you'll have two celebrations on New Years Eve! What a celebration that will be :sharebeer
You're on the Roll Call for this Great Retirement Class of 2024 - and it's nice you have over a year to get your punch out papers in order and put your retirement plans in place :D
hppycamper

Post by hppycamper »

Miriam2 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:40 pm
hppycamper wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 9:20 pm I'll be barely making the class of 2024.

Age 55
You'll make it! And you'll have two celebrations on New Years Eve! What a celebration that will be :sharebeer
You're on the Roll Call for this Great Retirement Class of 2024 - and it's nice you have over a year to get your punch out papers in order and put your retirement plans in place :D
That's a great point that I haven't thought of! I may as well add the third celebration - the 55th birthday! :D
Thank you for the kind words and for keeping the retirement roll calls going!
jr6857

Post by jr6857 »

June 30 2023, age 65. Working from home near Hilton Head in the home stretch as we’ve already transitioned to our retirement home. Have had an enjoyable and successful career - definitely will be an adjustment but one that I am looking forward to. First learned about Bogleheads ~ 20 years ago and quickly adopted its principles. Managed to stay the course through the ups and downs and now find my wife and I very well positioned financially. Thanks to this community and the valuable insights over the years!
Topic Author
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

hornet74 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 8:27 am Estimated July 1st
Age 50

What comes next? Relaxing, hikes and walks and more travel.
Hello hornet74 - and a big Welcome to this Upcoming Retirement Class of 2024 8-) Can you believe it?! Next year at this time you'll be feverishly putting the final touches on your retirement papers and plans. Hope your glidepath into retirement goes smoothly, keep us posted on your hikes and adventures, and enjoy this very special time of life.
Topic Author
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

Jtdmn wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 3:39 pm Early May 2024. I will be 65. As I mentioned recently in another thread I dropped out of an earlier class year. I blame the pandemic. Along with all the bad stuff it brought some good change. Travel for my job is almost non-existent now. We also became a totally remote work for anywhere office. My wife and I decided to snowbird in a warm location to test it out. We are going to test it for another year but it is looking like after I retire we will sell the house and move fully to our place in the sun. Beyond that I am looking forward to USA road travel and not having to check emails umpteen times a day.
Hi Jtdmn! Welcome to the Retirement Roll Call for 2024 :happy We're happy you found a good way to work remotely and test out your retirement plans. Thank you for sharing this. We hope decluttering and selling your house works out smoothly so you can enjoy your place in the sun and your travels on the open road 8-)
Jtdmn

Post by Jtdmn »

Miriam2 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:16 am
Jtdmn wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 3:39 pm Early May 2024. I will be 65. As I mentioned recently in another thread I dropped out of an earlier class year. I blame the pandemic. Along with all the bad stuff it brought some good change. Travel for my job is almost non-existent now. We also became a totally remote work for anywhere office. My wife and I decided to snowbird in a warm location to test it out. We are going to test it for another year but it is looking like after I retire we will sell the house and move fully to our place in the sun. Beyond that I am looking forward to USA road travel and not having to check emails umpteen times a day.
Hi Jtdmn! Welcome to the Retirement Roll Call for 2024 :happy We're happy you found a good way to work remotely and test out your retirement plans. Thank you for sharing this. We hope decluttering and selling your house works out smoothly so you can enjoy your place in the sun and your travels on the open road 8-)
I might move up to the 2023 class. Work has become a major pain in the butt recently with no end in sight to the problems taking place. December 2023 is starting to look good. Final decision to be made in August….
Topic Author
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

Quaestner wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 5:15 pm Maybe if I post this I’ll help me actually retire? No more “OMY”! 33 years teaching middle school feels like enough. I’ll be 62 in June of 2024.
No more OMY! For sure, 33 years teaching middle school is plenty enough! Congratulations and Welcome to the Roll Call and to this Awesome Retirement Class of 2024 :D As you wind down this next year, preparing for your endless summer vacation called "retirement," please share your thoughts and plans. We hope everything works out perfectly!
Topic Author
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

2Dog wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 5:39 pm Guess it’s my time to join the great unknown!
September 30th, 2024 at which time I will be 66 years and 8 months aka full retirement age….
Welcome to The Great Unknown! Don't panic - not that you were - but the great unknown becomes pretty comfortable pretty quickly :D

Full retirement age is a great time to punch out and enjoy life on the sunny side of the street. Welcome to the Retirement Roll Call and the Great Class of 2024 :beer Please let us know how your gliding into retirement goes. We wish you all the best and hope you really enjoy this time of life!
Topic Author
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

nanciT wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 9:05 pm We are BACK on the list! This time for 8/24 !! I got a jump start in 2020 from Nursing and Nurse Education (63) but he will finally retire after changing the date several times in August 2024 at 67.

Looking forward to travel and finally planning several trips and visits with friends overseas.
Great plans! Travel is certainly high on so many Retirement To-Do Lists. We wish you fun planning your trips and getting all those retirement papers lined up and ready for punch-out day. Welcome to this Wonderful Retirement Roll Call :D
Topic Author
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

jr6857 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:18 am June 30 2023, age 65. Working from home near Hilton Head in the home stretch as we’ve already transitioned to our retirement home. Have had an enjoyable and successful career - definitely will be an adjustment but one that I am looking forward to. First learned about Bogleheads ~ 20 years ago and quickly adopted its principles. Managed to stay the course through the ups and downs and now find my wife and I very well positioned financially. Thanks to this community and the valuable insights over the years!
Hi jr6857 - I see you posted a 2023 retirement on the Roll Call for 2024. That's OK, you can retire twice :mrgreen: or I'll move you over to the 2023 Retirement Roll Call thread. Please let me know where you belong. :happy
bcc1234

Post by bcc1234 »

December 31, 2024. 63 years old (same day actually).

I'm ready!

BCC
Topic Author
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

bcc1234 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:27 am December 31, 2024. 63 years old (same day actually).

I'm ready!

BCC
Ohhh! - Dec 31, 2024, is going to be a fabulous celebration!! Retiring 🎈 on the same day as your birthday 🎂 on New Years Eve 🎉

It's going to take months before actual retirement sets in! You're on the Roll Call! Enjoy the fun and this new time of life.
Topic Author
Miriam2

Re: Pre-Retire/Retired meeting-"What To Do In Retirement?"-Wed 7/12/23-8:00 ET

Post by Miriam2 »

"A portfolio is not the only component to retirement readiness."

The Bogleheads Pre-Retirement/Early Retirement Life Stage Chapter invites everyone thinking about retirement or in retirement to their next zoom meeting "What Are You Going To Do Once You Retire?" on Wed July 12, 2023, at 8:00 pm ET 8-)

Participants are encouraged to share their retirement goals, ambitions, and any specific projects they intend to pursue. Whether you're planning to travel the world, engage in volunteer work, start a new business, or simply relax and enjoy leisurely pursuits, this is the perfect opportunity to exchange ideas and gain inspiration from fellow Bogleheads who are also embarking on this exciting journey. Or you can simply come and enjoy hearing what others have to say :happy

If you're finding it difficult to adjust to the idea of retirement or if you're unsure about what you will do during this new life stage, you're not alone. Always helpful to learn how others handle this 8-)

Here is the RSVP form - and if you have specific topics or questions you would like to have addressed during the meeting, please include them in the RSVP response. All responses are anonymous and it's not necessary to RSVP to come.

There also will be ample time at the meeting (either out loud or in the chat) to ask Qs or describe your good and bad experiences, what worked and what didn't. The meeting will be recorded in an audio-only format to promote ease of communication, anonymity, and participation. You'll be able to listen to the recording at any time, such as while you're out for a walk, exercising, or just plain relaxing.

If you would like to speak in more detail at the meeting, please contact the meeting organizer HoosierJim by PM or email him at ChicagoVirtualBogleheads@gmail.com (email preferred).

Here is the Zoom link - and the full zoom link is also posted on the Bogleheads Calendar of Events.

This discussion promises to be both insightful and inspiring as we share our aspirations, plans, and dreams for the next chapter of our lives :D

Topic Author
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

Jtdmn wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:26 pm I might move up to the 2023 class. Work has become a major pain in the butt recently with no end in sight to the problems taking place. December 2023 is starting to look good. Final decision to be made in August….
Ok not a problem - keep us posted and we'll simply click the re-boot key :D Stay cool and calm amidst the turmoil.
tnr

Post by tnr »

I’m not sure the exact date but it will probably be around Dec. 1, 2024. I’m a university researcher and am paid completely by external grants. Not sure when the last one officially ends but it will be before Dec. 31. I am grateful to still be healthy and been in a field that I was productive and that I also enjoyed!

On Dec. 1,2024, I’ll be 68. Been working full time for 41 years and am looking forward to more travel for pleasure! My wife is already retired and is planning a few international trips once I retire. We look forward to traveling in Japan and also to France/Spain.
Topic Author
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

tnr wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:32 pm I’m not sure the exact date but it will probably be around Dec. 1, 2024. I’m a university researcher and am paid completely by external grants. Not sure when the last one officially ends but it will be before Dec. 31. I am grateful to still be healthy and been in a field that I was productive and that I also enjoyed!

On Dec. 1, 2024, I’ll be 68. Been working full time for 41 years and am looking forward to more travel for pleasure! My wife is already retired and is planning a few international trips once I retire. We look forward to traveling in Japan and also to France/Spain.
Hi tnr and thanks for posting your retirement glidepath - Welcome to this Terrific Retirement Roll Call and the Class of 2024!

Anyone who has been working full time for 41 years deserves a huge retirement party and a lot of respect and admiration. Time to hang up your university research stuff, hope it all researched well - interesting job. Now you can research your retirement plans :D they sound wonderful and we hope they work out perfectly as expected. We wish you a great retirement!
Topic Author
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

loghound wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:54 pm Well I had scheduled June 1 but for a few reasons it's been pushed back until next year (I was able to reduce my schedule to 4 days/week which has given me a lot more free time to sort of get used to the idea of retirement) -- Anyway I'm now the class of 2024 (and I really don't think it will extend past that!)
Hi loghound! I magically moved you over here to the Retirement Class of 2024 from the 2023 Class. Enjoy your glidepath into retirement, hope you get used to it! Keep us posted on your retirement journey :D
Barkingsparrow

Post by Barkingsparrow »

I had no idea this class was already active. I had planned to retire a few years earlier, but then came COVID, which resulted in my job being changed to a full-time remote status. That put me into a OMY frame of mind.

But it's time. My energy and focus are rapidly waning, and I'm literally starting to run on fumes.

June 28, 2024, 349 days away.
Topic Author
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

Barkingsparrow wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:27 am I had no idea this class was already active. I had planned to retire a few years earlier, but then came COVID, which resulted in my job being changed to a full-time remote status. That put me into a OMY frame of mind.

But it's time. My energy and focus are rapidly waning, and I'm literally starting to run on fumes.

June 28, 2024, 349 days away.
Hi Barkingsparrow! Yes, we're up and running - Welcome to the Retirement Roll Call and this Highly Prestigious Retirement Class of 2024 :D

Yikes! You're running on fumes :annoyed Don't panic, less than a year to go, you'll make it, keep your spirits up, the OMY was good (you'll have more money !!!), more time to plan, and now you can slowly wind down and enjoy your glidepath into a well-deserved retirement 8-)
Brewman

Post by Brewman »

Well this is exciting and a little scary :shock: :oops:

But I guess it's time to put my stick in the mud - it's looking like somewhere between the end of March and the end of May.....lets just call it Q2! Still trying to work out the exact date. If they make me come back to the office I might move it to the class of 2023 :D

:sharebeer :sharebeer
margaritaville

Post by margaritaville »

Jan 13, 2024. Age 58

Was originally planning OMY working remotely from where our son lives, but my organization made it too difficult so I decided to just retire. They removed some of the roadblocks last month, but by that time I'd already made the mental shift and couldn't undo it. I'll be leaving 1/4 of the way into a huge project and they don't/won't have a replacement, but it's time.
Jtdmn

Post by Jtdmn »

Miriam2 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:01 pm
Jtdmn wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:26 pm I might move up to the 2023 class. Work has become a major pain in the butt recently with no end in sight to the problems taking place. December 2023 is starting to look good. Final decision to be made in August….
Ok not a problem - keep us posted and we'll simply click the re-boot key :D Stay cool and calm amidst the turmoil.
Decision mad early and notice given. Last day will be December 15, 2023. Moving on up in class.
Topic Author
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

Brewman wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 2:21 pm Well this is exciting and a little scary :shock: :oops:

But I guess it's time to put my stick in the mud - it's looking like somewhere between the end of March and the end of May.....lets just call it Q2! Still trying to work out the exact date. If they make me come back to the office I might move it to the class of 2023 :D

:sharebeer :sharebeer
Oh for sure exciting and yes, a little scary - but retirement comes at some point anyway, might as well do it on your own terms when and how and where and why you want to :D

We'll put you on this Most Prestigious Retirement Roll Call List for Q2 End of May - and then let us know when you firm up the date. And by the way - don't forget to fill in all your paperwork and get all those dots lined up for punching out, it eases the stress of what should be a freedom-feeling time. And after you're retired - then what ?? :D
mouth

Post by mouth »

I'm deeply entrenched in "One More Year" but I'm finding myself working and reworking my numbers to convince myself, "can I really afford it" and everything says not just "Yes" but "Hell Yes! and right now!"

But I'm still in OMY for now and sort of waiting to see if my new relaxed attitude to my work life balance is noticed by my employer to the point of offering a severance or a change in roll/duties.

But for now I'm really thinking 2024 is the year, Circa June right after the next bonus hits, at 51.5yo. It'll let me plow one more year (there it is again!!!) worth of savings into my accounts.
Topic Author
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

margaritaville wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 2:36 pm Jan 13, 2024. Age 58

Was originally planning OMY working remotely from where our son lives, but my organization made it too difficult so I decided to just retire. They removed some of the roadblocks last month, but by that time I'd already made the mental shift and couldn't undo it. I'll be leaving 1/4 of the way into a huge project and they don't/won't have a replacement, but it's time.
Hi margaritaville and welcome to the 2024 Retirement Roll Call! Thanks for sharing your story 8-) Enjoyed your description of "mental shift" into retirement. We're looking forward to hearing what you plan to do with all your free time and stress-free days. Best wishes for a a very enjoyable retirement!
margaritaville

Post by margaritaville »

Miriam2 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:17 am
margaritaville wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 2:36 pm Jan 13, 2024. Age 58

Hi margaritaville and welcome to the 2024 Retirement Roll Call! Thanks for sharing your story 8-) Enjoyed your description of "mental shift" into retirement. We're looking forward to hearing what you plan to do with all your free time and stress-free days. Best wishes for a a very enjoyable retirement!
Thanks! The first several years will be spent enjoying our new grandson and traveling out west in our Airstream. Now that I won't have to worry about fitting everything into a weeklong vacation, we can get out to some more remote areas like Wyoming, Utah, Idaho, etc.
Topic Author
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

Jtdmn wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:54 pm Decision mad early and notice given. Last day will be December 15, 2023. Moving on up in class.
Ok nice! You'll find yourself with great fanfare and shining lights on this Awesome Roll Call as soon as I can get myself together to publish the latest update :beer
Topic Author
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

Here is some interesting reading for everyone - thank you David Jay for crunching the numbers for the average, median, etc., age for retirement for Bogleheads from 2014 - 2022 :D
David Jay wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:29 pm I finally got around to entering the data from the Retirement Roll Call threads from 2014 - 2022. This data is subject to self-selection errors, but there are 430 elements across 9 years so it makes for interesting investigation.
Bogleheads Retirement Age Distribution
MFMeow

Post by MFMeow »

Whee! Finally it's my turn!

Projected retirement August 31, 2024. Age will be 59.

I am beyond excited!
Topic Author
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

mouth wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:55 am I'm deeply entrenched in "One More Year" but I'm finding myself working and reworking my numbers to convince myself, "can I really afford it" and everything says not just "Yes" but "Hell Yes! and right now!"
Here are some One More Year threads you might find helpful 8-)

Retire now or OMY, [One More Year]
How do you stop moving your goalpost ?
Definition of one more year (OMY)
One more year reflection
The value of OMY for early retirees (bridge years) [One More Year]
Resources for Overcoming Fear of Making Mistake w/ Spending or One More Year Syndrome

mouth wrote:But I'm still in OMY for now and sort of waiting to see if my new relaxed attitude to my work life balance is noticed by my employer to the point of offering a severance or a change in roll/duties.
Won't work! You're far too important to be let go :D
mouth wrote:But for now I'm really thinking 2024 is the year, Circa June right after the next bonus hits, at 51.5yo. It'll let me plow one more year (there it is again!!!) worth of savings into my accounts.
Sounds great! We'll pencil you in :happy Fully understand waiting until the next bonus and plowing more :moneybag into the retirement bag.
Topic Author
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

MFMeow wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:21 pm Whee! Finally it's my turn!

Projected retirement August 31, 2024. Age will be 59.

I am beyond excited!
Congratulations MFMeow! and a big welcome to this Great Retirement Roll Call :beer You have a year to get all your retirement papers in line and to figure out some exciting retirement plans. We hope everything works out smoothly. Please let us know what you decide to do with your upcoming freedom from the salt mines LOL!
Topic Author
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

Time to publish the first roster for the upcoming Retirement Class of 2024 8-)

We already have many Bogleheads on the glidepath to PUNCHING OUT of the rat race :D Hope everything works out for everyone!

13 Jan - margaritaville (age 58)

30 Apr - stan1 (56)

__ May - Brewman

28 Jun - Barkingsparrow
30 Jun - jr6857 (65)
__ Jun - Quaestner (62)
__ Jun - mouth (51)

01 Jul - hornet74 (50)

31 Aug - MFMeow (59)
__ Aug - nanciT (67)

30 Sep - 2Dog (66)

01 Dec - tnr (68)
31 Dec - hppycamper (55)
31 Dec - bcc1234 (63)

Please sign up if you wish to be part of The Great Retirement Class of 2024!
mouth

Post by mouth »

Miriam2 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:03 am
mouth wrote:But I'm still in OMY for now and sort of waiting to see if my new relaxed attitude to my work life balance is noticed by my employer to the point of offering a severance or a change in roll/duties.
Won't work! You're far too important to be let go :D
Not if all goes according to my plan :twisted: muwahahahah

:sharebeer
WhitePuma

Post by WhitePuma »

Congratulations everyone! I fear I will never be able to join the ranks.
Topic Author
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

WhitePuma wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:55 pm Congratulations everyone! I fear I will never be able to join the ranks.
Yes you will WhitePuma! Just keep working and socking :moneybag it away in your 401k, all while enjoying life, and before you know it you'll be planning for punch out day and you'll hear those beautiful words: "Welcome to the Retirement Roll Call!" :beer
kenoryan

Post by kenoryan »

Retiring on January 6, 2024
Age 63.5

Congratulations to all
life in slices

Post by life in slices »

kenoryan wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:47 pm Retiring on January 6, 2024
Age 63.5

Congratulations to all
Congrats!

I have myself down for the class of 2033, but maybe I will excel and graduate a few years earlier :D
margaritaville

Post by margaritaville »

Age 63.5

Congratulations to all
Hey, no fair. I was supposed to be first . . . :sharebeer
Topic Author
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

Age 63.5

Congratulations to all
Welcome to the Retirement Roll Call, Kenoryan, and all the great benefits that come with this great big step in life! A good age to retire, a good time to retire and we hope you're looking forward to this wonderful time :happy

We wish you a long, healthy retirement with many new adventures, fun times with family, make new friends and keep the old, new hobbies, enjoy this big wide country, and hey! keep in touch with us! Please let us know how your retirement goes :D

“Wealth is the ability to fully experience life.”
--- Henry David Thoreau
mbt863

Post by mbt863 »

Ok Miriam--this is it! No seriously--I'm not joking this time! Put me down for 5/31/24 (I'll be 55 and that will be 20 years at MegaCorp doing insurance coverage law--that is enough for any human being :D) DW of 27 years will continue to work a couple more years so will try to become the trophy husband she has always deserved. Looking forward to the next stage and hope to do some pro bono work, spend more time with my parents/family, and focus on health/wellness. Really appreciate Bogleheads--yes, it has helped me so much in feeling financially ready to retire but, just as important, threads such as your yearly (and friendly!) roll call make me understand that some others feel just like me--ready but a little unsure of the next stage. As you said above, would rather do it on my terms and while I'm heathy and people I love are still around so add me to the list!!!! :sharebeer
chazas

Post by chazas »

9/30/2024, at age 63. 😀