Safari not working on Vanguard

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Topic Author
forwhatiknow

Safari not working on Vanguard

Post by forwhatiknow »

The "Prevent cross-site tracking" issue with Safari is a know and avoidable problem but lately I cannot open mail or view and purchase Treasuries at Vanguard unless I use Google Chrome. Any solutions or ideas?
pizzy

Re: Safari not working on Vanguard

Post by pizzy »

Keep using Chrome.
Vanguard/Fidelity | 76% US Stock | 16% Int'l Stock | 8% Cash
Topic Author
forwhatiknow

Post by forwhatiknow »

Probably my only solution Pizzy but I was hoping someone has seen this problem and solved it. Possibly a newer Safari version was downloaded automatically with a bug?
jebmke

Post by jebmke »

forwhatiknow wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:50 am Probably my only solution Pizzy but I was hoping someone has seen this problem and solved it. Possibly a newer Safari version was downloaded automatically with a bug?
I have found that quite a few web sites don't behave well with Safari. I only use it sparingly on my iPad. My main computer is Windows so I have standardized on Brave which seems to be easier to tune the built in script blocking on a site by site basis.
Stay hydrated; don't sweat the small stuff
mgk2010

Post by mgk2010 »

I use Safari too.

CDs/Bonds page access on VG was not working for me for a couple of weeks. During this time, I had to also login twice i.e. enter password on the main page, then the site would land me at logon.vanguard.com page, where I would need to enter pwd a 2nd time and then get in.

About 3-4 days ago, both of these issues got resolved. I have not updated either my OS or browser version. I am on Safari v15.6.1, if it helps.

I should also add that i am seeing a new dashboard page, coinciding with the resolution of these issues.
gotoparks

Post by gotoparks »

I don't use Safari but with other browsers, if there is a recurring problem, I clear the cookies and cache, which usually resolves the issue.
pizzy

Post by pizzy »

I use apple phones, Dell/windows laptops…. And chrome browser across all devices. I never have issues and everything is synced up nicely.
Vanguard/Fidelity | 76% US Stock | 16% Int'l Stock | 8% Cash
beyou

Post by beyou »

pizzy wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:15 pm I use apple phones, Dell/windows laptops…. And chrome browser across all devices. I never have issues and everything is synced up nicely.
Well many use mac, ios and everything synchs up nicely without google.

I do not trade individual bonds/CDs but for all functions I do use Safari works fine on Vanguard.
tennisplyr

Post by tennisplyr »

Rarely have a problem with using Safari and Vanguard.
“Those who move forward with a happy spirit will find that things always work out.” -Retired 13 years 😀
Topic Author
forwhatiknow

Post by forwhatiknow »

Thanks for the feedback Bogelheads. So I guess I figured it out this way; instead of clicking on "Products and Plans" to get to Treasury Bond rates and trading in them(which worked before) I clicked on "Transact" to access treasuries and then make purchases. In this rare event I was able to overcome this issue myself. Thank you for trying to aid me though because it usually is only someone else's expertise that helps to solve my problem
EZ James

Post by EZ James »

Safari bond page now works, at least for me, without having to disable cross-site tracking and without dumping cookies.