Happy Mothers Day

US Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements.
Topic Author
jebmke

Happy Mothers Day

Post by jebmke »

Happy Mothers Day to all you moms out there.

I attribute most of my successes in life and none of my failures to my parents. My mom made sure I was ready to succeed outside "the nest" and was a major contributor to my moral compass.

When I was working, part of my job from time to time was training others on business ethics and standards of business conduct. Often I would be asked how one determines if an action or decision is "ethical" - sometimes a tricky question. Among other criteria, I would often tell them that I applied "the mom test" -- how would I feel if I had to explain my action to my mom.
Don't trust me, look it up. https://www.irs.gov/forms-instructions-and-publications
itispossible

Re: Happy Mothers Day

Post by itispossible »

Great tribute to your mother!
Taylor Larimore

Post by Taylor Larimore »

Bogleheads:

My mother and my wife were the two finest ladies I've ever known.

More than anything else, I attribute my long life (99 years) to these two wonderful ladies.

Taylor
Jack Bogle's Dedication in his first book: "To my parents for setting my values -- To Eve, my beloved wife."
"Simplicity is the master key to financial success." -- Jack Bogle
Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer »

Happy Mother's Day to all the Boglehead mothers and wives who put up with us and make our lives so much better.
Best Regards - Mel | | Semper Fi