IT’S TIME: REGISTER FOR THE 2023 BOGLEHEADS CONFERENCE

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Stinky

Re: IT’S TIME: REGISTER FOR THE 2023 BOGLEHEADS CONFERENCE

Post by Stinky »

gsm522 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:26 pm I am new to the forum and just registered for the conference today. Also was able to book the hotel for Thursday night and Sunday night at the conference rate. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Welcome to the Forum!

That’s an excellent first post you made. Glad that you’ll be joining us. See you in October.
Retired life insurance company financial executive who sincerely believes that ”It’s a GREAT day to be alive!”
Vanguard User

Post by Vanguard User »

What about Taylor Larimore?

Can we attend virtually?
Taylor Larimore

Post by Taylor Larimore »

Vanguard User wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:52 pm What about Taylor Larimore?

Can we attend virtually?
Vanguard User:

I appreciate your comment.

Mel Lindauer and I held the first Boglehead Conference in my home in March, 2000 (21 Bogleheads and Jack Bogle attended).
It pleases me greatly to watch the Conferences grow so successfully (I never heard anyone say they were disappointed).

At my age 99, it is physically impossible for me to continue attending our Boglehead Conferences which I enjoyed for many years. Also, in 2015 I lost my voice from esophageal cancer (the same illness which killed Jack Bogle). I speak with an electronic "buzzer" which makes it difficult for me to attend using Zoom.

Over the years I learned a lot about investing--including mistakes I've made. I intend to continue contributing (and learning) on the Bogleheads forum with it's wonderful members as long as I can.

Best wishes.
Taylor
Jack Bogle"s Words of Wisdom: “Learn every day, but especially from the experiences of others. It's cheaper!”.
"Simplicity is the master key to financial success." -- Jack Bogle
Vanguard User

Post by Vanguard User »

Taylor Larimore wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:32 pm
Vanguard User wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:52 pm What about Taylor Larimore?

Can we attend virtually?
Vanguard User:

I appreciate your comment.

Mel Lindauer and I held the first Boglehead Conference in my home in March, 2000 (21 Bogleheads and Jack Bogle attended).
It pleases me greatly to watch the Conferences grow so successfully (I never heard anyone say they were disappointed).

At my age 99, it is physically impossible for me to continue attending our Boglehead Conferences which I enjoyed for many years. Also, in 2015 I lost my voice from esophageal cancer (the same illness which killed Jack Bogle). I speak with an electronic "buzzer" which makes it difficult for me to attend using Zoom.

Over the years I learned a lot about investing--including mistakes I've made. I intend to continue contributing (and learning) on the Bogleheads forum with it's wonderful members as long as I can.

Best wishes.
Taylor
Jack Bogle"s Words of Wisdom: “Learn every day, but especially from the experiences of others. It's cheaper!”.
Appreciate your response, Sir. I have heard you on YT. How is your health overall?
Taylor Larimore

Vanguard User wrote:
"Appreciate your response, Sir. I have heard you on YT. How is your health overall?"
Vanguard User:

I have had six cancers: face, neck, lung, hip-bone, bladder and prostate. My doctors and I beat them all.

I had exceptional, loving parents! I survived World War II, I married a wonderful wife for 62 years (top model in Miami). We had three fine boys (one died), my remaining two sons take me weekly for lunch at the finest restaurants in Miami. I live with a wonderful partner. I am financially independent and I'm respected here and on the forum.

What more could anyone ask?

Best wishes.
Taylor
Jack Bogle's Words of Wisdom: "I’ve known many people in the financial business who’ve said, ‘I’m really proud because I did it all myself.’ And when someone has the temerity to say that to me, and a lot of people do, the first thing I say is ‘isn’t that wonderful, you did it all yourself. And I think that’s terrific, I don’t know many people who’ve done that. But how did you arrange to be born in the United States of America?"
sschullo

Post by sschullo »

Taylor Larimore wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:35 am Vanguard User wrote:
"Appreciate your response, Sir. I have heard you on YT. How is your health overall?"
Vanguard User:

I have had six cancers: face, neck, lung, hip-bone, bladder and prostate. My doctors and I beat them all.

I had exceptional, loving parents! I survived World War II, I married a wonderful wife for 62 years (top model in Miami). We had three fine boys (one died), my remaining two sons take me weekly for lunch at the finest restaurants in Miami. I live with a wonderful partner. I am financially independent and I'm respected here and on the forum.

Best wishes.
Taylor
Nothing more.
Never in the history of market day-traders’ has the obsession with so much massive, sophisticated, & powerful statistical machinery used by the brightest people on earth with such useless results.
Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer »

Vanguard User:

Best wishes.
Taylor
Jack Bogle's Words of Wisdom: "I’ve known many people in the financial business who’ve said, ‘I’m really proud because I did it all myself.’ And when someone has the temerity to say that to me, and a lot of people do, the first thing I say is ‘isn’t that wonderful, you did it all yourself. And I think that’s terrific, I don’t know many people who’ve done that. But how did you arrange to be born in the United States of America?"
You missed a Marine to cover your back! :sharebeer
Best Regards - Mel | | Semper Fi
Taylor Larimore

Mel Lindauer wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:28 pm
Vanguard User:

Best wishes.
Taylor
You missed a Marine to cover you back! :sharebeer
Mel:

If it were not for you, I might not be here.

You encouraged me to begin posting on this forum when I was totally engaged in posting on the old Morningstar Diehard forum.

Please accept my belated "Thank you."

Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to lose, and impossible to forget.

Taylor
Jack Bogle's Words of Wisdom: “The winning formula for success in investing is owning the entire stock market through an index fund—and then doing nothing. Just stay the course.”
Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer »

Taylor Larimore wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:45 pm
Mel Lindauer wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:28 pm
Vanguard User:

Best wishes.
Taylor
You missed a Marine to cover your back! :sharebeer
Mel:

If it were not for you, I might not be here.

You encouraged me to begin posting on this forum when I was totally engaged in posting on the old Morningstar Diehard forum.

Please accept my belated "Thank you."

Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to lose, and impossible to forget.

Taylor
Jack Bogle's Words of Wisdom: “The winning formula for success in investing is owning the entire stock market through an index fund—and then doing nothing. Just stay the course.”
We've been a team for more than 25 years, and I couldn't have asked for a better teammate. This Marine salutes his paratrooper friend.
fr4nc0

Post by fr4nc0 »

This will be our first Bogleheads conference. We'd like to bring our four year old daughter to take a tour of DC on Thursday. So is there a rule on bringing kids to the conference? She won't be officially attending and will just be reading her books or drawing on her notepad while we absorb as much as we can from all the speakers.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

I'm concerned that it might not be appropriate for a conference venue. You remain seated for quite a long time and it's important to stay quiet without distracting others. So, perhaps not kid friendly.

Ask the hotel if they offer a supervised play area that would accommodate her during the conference.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
fr4nc0

Post by fr4nc0 »

LadyGeek wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:28 pm I'm concerned that it might not be appropriate for a conference venue. You remain seated for quite a long time and it's important to stay quiet without distracting others. So, perhaps not kid friendly.

Ask the hotel if they offer a supervised play area that would accommodate her during the conference.
Thanks LadyGeek. We'll revise our plans for the conference.
Adam Rose

Post by Adam Rose »

So, I got my conference ticket early but for some reason delayed booking my room. Now they're all gone. :oops:

Is there a Plan B or suggestions from DC-area natives?

Anyone else in the same boat?

Thanks.

Adam

P.S. I'm thinking of staying on for a few extra days to sightsee. Not sure if that has any bearing but just in case ...
fr4nc0

Post by fr4nc0 »

Adam Rose wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:58 pm So, I got my conference ticket early but for some reason delayed booking my room. Now they're all gone. :oops:

Thanks.

Adam

P.S. I'm thinking of staying on for a few extra days to sightsee. Not sure if that has any bearing but just in case ...
You can try calling the hotel directly to see if they have any vacancies that hasn't been allocated to the conference. They may be able to manually force a vacancy to be at the conference rate. There aren't much availability in Rockville for Airbnb. I'd also look on Kayak for a hotel thats as close to the conference as possible to avoid lost time in traffic. Then I'd look for accommodations closer to D.C. if that's where you're planning for the remainder of the trip.
grabiner
Advisory Board

Post by grabiner »

Adam Rose wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:58 pm So, I got my conference ticket early but for some reason delayed booking my room. Now they're all gone. :oops:

Is there a Plan B or suggestions from DC-area natives?\
There are a few other hotels nearby. Also, since the hotel is on the Metro Red Line, you could look for other hotels further out on the Red Line, near the Rockville or Shady Grove stations. (If you stay further in, such as Bethesda, the Metro does not run early enough on weekends for the 8:00 session; you will need to take a taxi/Uber/Lyft/carpool in the morning but can Metro back.)
Wiki David Grabiner
Lyrrad

Post by Lyrrad »

Thanks.

Adam

I originally planned to stay a few couple extra days near the White House/Congress. It seemed simple enough to take transit to and from the Conference. If you want tours of either, you may be able to request them through your US Representative.

In any case, I decided not to attend this year. I’ll be cancelling my room booking in about 10 minutes at the top of the hour so maybe it will release a room for someone else?

Other booking options are discussed in this other thread: viewtopic.php?t=409599
Adam Rose

Post by Adam Rose »

Thanks to @Lyrrad, @grabiner, and @fr4nc0 for your helpful information and suggestions.

Turns out I was able to find a very Boglehead-ish hostel in Adams-Morgan where I made a reservation ... for $85/night all-in. (Ok, it's a shared room, but still ... :moneybag ).

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

P.S. and, yes, hosteling isn't just for "youth" anymore!
ObliviousInvestor

Post by ObliviousInvestor »

Hello, Bogleheads. :)

Just a couple of additional updates regarding this year's conference:

First update: We’re trying something new with this year’s agenda, based on your feedback. On Sunday, October 15, from 8:00-8:50 a.m. the Bogle Center will be hosting a special breakfast session for all conference attendees and their spouses/partners. During this session, I'll be discussing what “reluctant spouses” need to know about the household’s financial plan. If you have a spouse/partner/significant other who’s “just not that into it,” this one is for him/her (and for you)!

Conference registration won’t be required to attend this session. We know there are lots of Bogleheads couples where one partner attends the conference and the other partner comes on the trip to do assorted tourist activities. The idea here is that this less-interested partner could pop in for this one breakfast session at no additional charge and get some useful information and a (less committing, less intimidating) introduction to Bogleheads.

Second update: The Bogle Center needs volunteers to help the conference run smoothly! Volunteer jobs include registration, helping to monitor breakout sessions, and putting name tags in badgeholders. If you’d like to volunteer your time, please contact Bogleheads chapter coordinator Terese Reynolds at teresereynolds1@gmail.com. We appreciate your willingness to pitch in!
Mike Piper | Roth is a name, not an acronym. If you type ROTH, you're just yelling about retirement accounts.
arr

Post by arr »

Hello,

I would like to request suggestions on the following:

1. I am planning to visit DC with family before the conference. I was wondering if anyone has suggestions on whether to rent a car or not. We are planning to visit the National Mall, George Washington's Mount Vernon, and doing a moonlit tour. If we have a rental car, we could do the tour ourselves on the car. What are some problems with this plan? Parking issues? Busy roads for driving?

2. Are there any preferences in terms of which airport to choose if we are renting a car or in the case we do not rent a car?

Thank you.
Joyful

Post by Joyful »

arr wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:34 am Hello,

1. I am planning to visit DC with family before the conference. I was wondering if anyone has suggestions on whether to rent a car or not. We are planning to visit the National Mall, George Washington's Mount Vernon, and doing a moonlit tour. If we have a rental car, we could do the tour ourselves on the car. What are some problems with this plan? Parking issues? Busy roads for driving?

2. Are there any preferences in terms of which airport to choose if we are renting a car or in the case we do not rent a car?

Thank you.
It really depends on your hotel location. If you are staying in DC fly into DCA (Reagan).
Don’t rent a car unless you don’t mind paying to park it multiple times each day and possibly paying $50+ a night at your hotel.
The DC Metro system will get you to most tourist spots. If not it will get you close enough to take an Uber/lyft for a reasonable price.
Download the dc metro system on your phone before arriving.
Look on trip advisor for tour operators - for your moonlit tour - most leave from union station which is a stop on the metro.
Monet

Post by Monet »

My wife will be attending the Saturday banquet, but not any of the individual sessions.

Would any of the guests or banquet-only attendees be interested in getting together to see the local attractions on Friday or Saturday?
Miles131

Post by Miles131 »

I cannot make it this year. Are there tentative dates and location for 2024? I would love to attend.
grabiner
Advisory Board

Post by grabiner »

Joyful wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 3:56 pm

Thank you.
It really depends on your hotel location. If you are staying in DC fly into DCA (Reagan).
Dulles Airport is also on the Metro. It's a longer trip, but it is also more likely that you can fly nonstop to Dulles, and fares tend to be lower. If you are renting a car, Dulles and BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport are about the same distance from the hotel, and the drive would be easier than from Reagan National.
Wiki David Grabiner
SpanishInquisition

Post by SpanishInquisition »

I live right in Rockville.

Is there a date by which one must register?
arr

Post by arr »

Thank you for the advice.

Thank you.
Don’t rent a car unless you don’t mind paying to park it multiple times each day and possibly paying $50+ a night at your hotel.
The DC Metro system will get you to most tourist spots. If not it will get you close enough to take an Uber/lyft for a reasonable price.
Download the dc metro system on your phone before arriving.
Look on trip advisor for tour operators - for your moonlit tour - most leave from union station which is a stop on the metro.
arr

Post by arr »

Thank you for the advice.
grabiner wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:46 pm

Thank you.
Dulles Airport is also on the Metro. It's a longer trip, but it is also more likely that you can fly nonstop to Dulles, and fares tend to be lower. If you are renting a car, Dulles and BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport are about the same distance from the hotel, and the drive would be easier than from Reagan National.
nance

cancel registration

Post by nance »

Issue fixed
Last edited by nance on Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rationalist_ps

Post by rationalist_ps »

Hi All,
I registered for this year's conference.
I am staying at Bethesda North Marriott Hotel.
I will be driving by myself from NYC.
Does anyone else need a ride to the conference?
I am happy to be the driver.
Please let me know.
Regards
Paddy
I prefer probabilistic thinking over stories. The former emphasizes uncertainty around future outcomes (as well as in judging past outcomes), while stories tend to anchor on one view. - Antti Ilmanen
ObliviousInvestor

Re: cancel registration

nance wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:49 pm I've been trying to cancel a bogleheads conference registratation for someone.
conor at spark network has not replied. Anyone know who can I contact?
I got in contact with Conor from Spark, and at the moment he doesn't have an email from anybody with a name that would obviously correspond to your username. Perhaps it has been blocked by his ISP or another spam filter for some reason.

Could you email him again, and this time please also include mpiper@bogle.center on the email? That way if he doesn't get it, hopefully it will come through to me at least and I can make sure he gets the necessary information.
Mike Piper | Roth is a name, not an acronym. If you type ROTH, you're just yelling about retirement accounts.
Rick Ferri

Post by Rick Ferri »

Miles131 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:16 pm I cannot make it this year. Are there tentative dates and location for 2024? I would love to attend.
The location and tentative date of the 2024 conference will be announced on the last day of this year’s conference.
The Education of an Index Investor: born in darkness, finds indexing enlightenment, overcomplicates everything, embraces simplicity.
SuzBanyan

Post by SuzBanyan »

ObliviousInvestor wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:07 am
nance wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:49 pm I've been trying to cancel a bogleheads conference registratation for someone.
I got in contact with Conor from Spark, and at the moment he doesn't have an email from anybody with a name that would obviously correspond to your username. Perhaps it has been blocked by his ISP or another spam filter for some reason.

Could you email him again, and this time please also include mpiper@bogle.center on the email? That way if he doesn't get it, hopefully it will come through to me at least and I can make sure he gets the necessary information.
I’m having the same problem.
ObliviousInvestor

SuzBanyan wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:21 am

Same suggestion then. Please email Conor again, and please also include me (mpiper@bogle.center) on the email, just in case it isn't coming through to Conor's email for some reason.
SuzBanyan

Post by SuzBanyan »

ObliviousInvestor wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:03 am
SuzBanyan wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:21 am

Same suggestion then. Please email Conor again, and please also include me (mpiper@bogle.center) on the email, just in case it isn't coming through to Conor's email for some reason.
Thanks everyone. It was a spam folder email problem and has now been resolved. So sorry that life has gotten in the way and I won’t be at the Conference this year.
ObliviousInvestor

SuzBanyan wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:36 pm So sorry that life has gotten in the way and I won’t be at the Conference this year.
We'll miss you, but hopefully we'll see you at a future event. :)
DCFed

Post by DCFed »

Hi all,
In the process of registering for the conference, and wanted the board's advice on a couple of things:

- Age 58 here and have been able to accumulate decently, and maybe 1 - 2 years from retirement. Which track would better suit me? The 101 or the 501?
- Should I register for the sit-down dinner? What will be covered there?

Thanks!
ObliviousInvestor

DCFed wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:08 am Hi all,
In the process of registering for the conference, and wanted the board's advice on a couple of things:

- Age 58 here and have been able to accumulate decently, and maybe 1 - 2 years from retirement. Which track would better suit me? The 101 or the 501?
- Should I register for the sit-down dinner? What will be covered there?

Thanks!
The 501 track has multiple retirement-specific topics, whereas the 101 track is much more beginner-focused.

As far as the banquet, it will be the second induction into the Bogleheads Hall of Fame. Last year, Taylor Larimore was the first inductee. Andrew Bogle (Jack's son) will be presenting that award. Clark Howard will also be speaking during the banquet. I'm not sure of the topic, but if it's like last year's talk from Eric Balchunas, it should be both entertaining and informative.

The banquet, like all of the meals, is also a great chance to meet other Bogleheads. (Every year, a thing that I hear from attendees is how much they enjoyed the chance not just to hear from the speakers but to meet and speak with other attendees -- discuss shared experiences/interests, share what they've learned, and so on. And the meals are one of the best times to do that, since we're broken down into small-ish groups at each table.)
PeeBee

Post by PeeBee »

This will be my first Bogleheads Conference and I am very much looking forward to it! The agenda and speakers are fantastic. I am new to Bogleheads and have been emmersed in the podcasts for about a year. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Taylor Larimore

PeeBee:

Welcome to the Bogleheads Forum!

Mel Lindauer and I held the first Boglehead Conference in my Miami home in March, 2000. 21 Bogleheads attended. Since then I have never heard of anyone who was disappointed.

This year sounds to me like the best yet.

Best wishes.
Taylor
Jack Bogle's Words of Wisdom:
“Learn every day, but especially from the experiences of others. It's cheaper!”.
advice789

Post by advice789 »

Like the videos of each session from last year. Specific cases with detailed Q and As remain relevant. With the speaker line up for this year, hope there will be videos of each speaker and the Q&A will be included again. Thought the session of the award to Taylor, while overdue, was a highlight.
nance

Post by nance »

Boglegeek and Conference newbie coming from the other coast.
Last edited by nance on Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

You should find plenty of opportunity to find dinner guests during the 5 - 7 PM "Meet and greet" cocktail reception.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
b42

Post by b42 »

Just wanted to check, has there been any recent email correspondence for attendees? I haven't received anything since I registered back in April.

Thanks!
ObliviousInvestor

b42 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:08 am Just wanted to check, has there been any recent email correspondence for attendees? I haven't received anything since I registered back in April.

Thanks!
Yes, there have been a few. We have sent them out via the address bogleheadsconference@bogle.center in case you want to add that to your "safe" contact list. (Though at this point I don't think there will be any further emails until after the conference.)

This one went out yesterday morning:
-----
Dear Bogleheads Conference Attendees,

We are looking forward to seeing you at the 2023 Bogleheads Conference, kicking off on Friday in Rockville, Maryland. We have an action-packed agenda and hope that everyone will have a wonderful weekend.

Here are some details about the conference.
Schedule: You can find the latest agenda below. Registration will open at 9 a.m. on Friday morning, and we’ll be kicking off the conference with Bogleheads University on Friday at 1 p.m. There will be two tracks for University: the 101 track, covering Bogleheads basics, and the 501 track, addressing more advanced concepts.

*Bogleheads Conference 2023 Agenda

Location and Dining: The Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center is at 5701 Marinelli Road in Rockville, Maryland. Below are a map of the Pike & Rose neighborhood and its amenities and a list of nearby restaurants. Remember that attendees will be on their own for dinner on Friday night after the cocktail reception ends at 7 p.m.

*Pike & Rose Neighborhood Map
*Local Dining Options

Check-In and Badges: Be sure to check in and pick up your badge at the conference registration desk, indicated by the blue arrow on the below map of the Marriott Conference Center. We ask that you wear your badge throughout the conference, including at the banquet on Saturday night. If you’ve noted a dietary preference for the banquet, you will have a color-coded sticker on your badge. (The rest of the meals will be served buffet-style.)

*Marriott Conference Center Map

Volunteers: We could not have this conference without the help of volunteers. We have a few volunteer time slots still open if anyone is interested in volunteering. Below is a link to the Google document that shows the days/times we need volunteers and a brief description of the assignment (there are 3 tabs). If you are interested in volunteering, enter your name in an open time slot highlighted in yellow and send an email to Terese Reynolds at teresereynolds1@gmail.com so she can contact you.

*Volunteer Sign Up Document

Slides and Video:
We’ll post PDFs of all of the presentations on the Bogle Center site after the conference. We’ll also have a video crew recording all of the conference proceedings; those videos will appear after the conference on the Bogle Center’s website and on YouTube. Note that the crew will also be recording some video interviews with attendees that we plan to use to promote future Bogleheads events.

Photographers Wanted: We would love to capture photos of the conference. If you’re interested in taking photos that can be shared with the Bogleheads community after the conference, please snap away and save them with us using the link below.

*Photo Upload

Social Media: If you’re active on social media, please feel free to share your experiences about the conference and/or photos from the sessions. Use the hashtag #Bogleheads on Twitter and LinkedIn.

See you Friday!

The Board of the John C. Bogle Center for Financial Literacy
ObliviousInvestor

And this email went out September 19.
---
Dear Bogleheads Conference Attendees,

We can’t believe it either, but the annual Bogleheads conference is now less than a month away.

Many of our speakers are also authors, and we’ve set aside a slot in the agenda (2:50-3:15 ET on Saturday, October 14) for book signings. We won’t have any books for sale onsite, but if you’d like to bring a book or two or three of your own for signings, we encourage you to do so.

Here’s a link to each author’s Amazon page in case you’d like to order there. Please note that all conference attendees will be receiving a copy of Jordan Grumet’s book, Taking Stock: A Hospice Doctor’s Advice on Building Financial Independence, Building Wealth, and Living a Regret-Free Life. The book giveaway is possible thanks to donations from Dr. Grumet as well as the John C. Bogle Center for Financial Literacy.

[Note that in the email all of the below were Amazon links. I'm sure you can look up the appropriate person on Amazon though if interested.]
Dana Anspach
William Bernstein
Jonathan Clements
James Dahle, MD
Charley Ellis
Rick Ferri
Ann Garcia
Clark Howard
Paul Merriman
Wade Pfau
Mike Piper
Barry Ritholtz
Allan Roth
Michelle Singletary
We can’t wait to see you in Rockville this October!

With warm regards,

The Board of the John C. Bogle Center for Financial Literacy

-----

There was also another email on July 31 with 1) information about hotel alternatives, 2) a mention of my session on Sunday morning (no registration required for spouses, as described above), and 3) a request for volunteers as described above.
b42

Post by b42 »

Thanks! I wonder if recent emails were caught in my spam filter.
sschullo

Post by sschullo »

I just saw Tim Ranzetta on the agenda. Thats GREAT!
Thanks, Rick and Bill for inviting this great man, who has taught financial literacy to thousands of middle and high school teachers AND THEIR STUDENTS for 13 years all over the country! ALL OF HIS INDEPTH AND COMPREHENSIVE TEACHING RESOURCES AND HANDS ON TRAINING ARE FREE complete with the Boglehead investing philosophy 100%.
As a fellow Boglehead and retired teacher, I love that!

Best of luck to all the presenters and attendees with another excellent conference,
Regards,
Steve

PS: For those of you who never heard of Tim, here is his blog: https://www.ngpf.org/. I repeat, all of his resources, webinars, workshops, zoom or face-to-face before the pandemic were not only free but he paid for the teacher's sub, travel, and accommodations to attend his mindblowing face-to-face workshops.
Never in the history of market day-traders’ has the obsession with so much massive, sophisticated, & powerful statistical machinery used by the brightest people on earth with such useless results.
renegade06

Post by renegade06 »

I was not able to attend today's (Friday's session) but plan to arrive Saturday morning. I've already paid/registered, but hopefully I'll be able to pick up my tag/registration materials on Saturday am. My apologies for not being able to make Friday.
Last edited by renegade06 on Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AnnetteLouisan

Post by AnnetteLouisan »

I wish I could be there but I couldn’t make it.
Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer »

AnnetteLouisan wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:46 pm I wish I could be there but I couldn’t make it.
Same here. I had to cancel for personal reasons, but I will be addressing the Conference virtually on Saturday evening during the Dinner/Banquet.
JohnStoj

Post by JohnStoj »

Maybe this is strange, as this post is only my second on the forums, but this year's conference was also my second conference, and it was just fantastic. I'll be doing a write-up of my experience later, but the folks who put it together outdid themselves!