John Bogle: The Little Book of Common-Sense Investing Summary

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Topic Author
captmorgan50

John Bogle: The Little Book of Common-Sense Investing Summary

Post by captmorgan50 »

[The OP has removed the summary (thread locked). --admin LadyGeek]

Last edited by captmorgan50 on Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DNeal

Re: The Little Book of Common-Sense Investing Summary

Post by DNeal »

Love that little book. Got me turned around to successful investing
Gaston

Re: The Little Book of Common-Sense Investing Summary

Post by Gaston »

Superb.
“My opinions are just that - opinions.”
Charles Joseph

Re: John Bogle: The Little Book of Common-Sense Investing Summary

Post by Charles Joseph »

That is great. A keeper. Thanks. I'm "reading" (listening on Audible) the book for the fourth time. Took three times to finally sink in. Some are thicker than others. 8-)
"The big money is not in the buying and selling, but in the waiting." - Charles Munger
hnd

Post by hnd »

I was driving from IL to MS and on the golf course one of the guys I golf with regularly said, "I have 2 books on CD I just got that you might be interested in" and he gave them to me. Killing Kennedy and this book. My wife was like I want to listen to killing kennedy with you so I popped in LBoCSI

more backstory. he knew how I was invested, we'd talked about it. he knew I was fed up with the advisor who had spent years propping up oppenheimer (now invesco) funds. it was 2017ish. This book changed it all for me.
Boilermaker82

Post by Boilermaker82 »

Thanks for the summary. Always good to get a quick refresher.
Don’t sweat the petty things and don’t pet the sweaty things.
bikechuck

Post by bikechuck »

This is my favorite book authored by Jack Bogle.
goingup

Post by goingup »

Thanks for posting. In ye olde days on this forum, there was more discussion about books by Jack Bogle and others.

Taylor created “Taylor’s Gems” which are a list of excerpts of books by Bogle and many others. https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Taylor_ ... tment_Gems
Topic Author
captmorgan50

Post by captmorgan50 »

goingup wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:44 pm Thanks for posting. In ye olde days on this forum, there was more discussion about books by Jack Bogle and others.

Taylor created “Taylor’s Gems” which are a list of excerpts of books by Bogle and many others. https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Taylor_ ... tment_Gems
I am going to be posting much more stuff. So there might be more discussion on some of my other posts. Some of it relates to more recent events.
abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Post by abuss368 »

That book is one of a kind. A true gem!

I read the original and the 10th anniversary editions.

Best.
Tony
John C. Bogle: “Simplicity is the master key to financial success."
Taylor Larimore

Post by Taylor Larimore »

Bogleheads:

I own all of Jack Bogle's books. His first book, "Bogle on Mutual Funds," written in 1994, changed our lives. Many first printing of his books were sent to me by Jack with his personal message.

All of Jack's books are excellent. My favorite is "The Little Book of Common Sense Investing." You can read important excerpts here.

On the first anniversary of his death (January 16, 2019) I began honoring Mr. Bogle by ending each of my posts with his "Words of Wisdom."

Best wishes.
Taylor
Jack Bogle's Words of Wisdom: “Learn every day, but especially from the experiences of others. It's cheaper!”.
"Simplicity is the master key to financial success." -- Jack Bogle
abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Post by abuss368 »

Taylor Larimore wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:34 pm Bogleheads:

I own all of Jack Bogle's books. His first book, "Bogle on Mutual Funds," written in 1994, changed our lives. Many first printing of his books were sent to me by Jack with his personal message.

All of Jack's books are excellent. My favorite is "The Little Book of Common Sense Investing." You can read important excerpts here.

On the first anniversary of his death (January 16, 2019) I began honoring Mr. Bogle by ending each of my posts with his "Words of Wisdom."

Best wishes.
Taylor
Jack Bogle's Words of Wisdom: “Learn every day, but especially from the experiences of others. It's cheaper!”.
Hi Taylor -

You would enjoy the new book “Inside Vanguard” from Charlie Ellis:

https://www.amazon.com/Inside-Vanguard- ... C87&sr=8-1

Best.
Tony
John C. Bogle: “Simplicity is the master key to financial success."
Florida Orange

Post by Florida Orange »

Charles Joseph wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:15 am That is great. A keeper. Thanks. I'm "reading" (listening on Audible) the book for the fourth time. Took three times to finally sink in. Some are thicker than others. 8-)
Maybe we should add another one: Don't outsmart yourself.
Charles Joseph

Post by Charles Joseph »

Florida Orange wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:12 pm
Charles Joseph wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:15 am That is great. A keeper. Thanks. I'm "reading" (listening on Audible) the book for the fourth time. Took three times to finally sink in. Some are thicker than others. 8-)
Maybe we should add another one: Don't outsmart yourself.
:thumbsup
"The big money is not in the buying and selling, but in the waiting." - Charles Munger