'Bogleheads® Live' #40 podcast is out: Tax Law Changes for FIRE (SECURE 2.0)

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Topic Author
Jon Luskin

'Bogleheads® Live' #40 podcast is out: Tax Law Changes for FIRE (SECURE 2.0)

Post by Jon Luskin »

The 40th episode of Bogleheads® Live is now available as a podcast.

The John C. Bogle Center for Financial Literacy is pleased to sponsor the 40th episode of Bogleheads Live with Sean Mullaney.

In this podcast, Sean- FI Tax Guy - discusses how the new tax law, SECURE 2.0, impacts those targeting early retirement.👇

https://boglecenter.net/bogleheads-live ... pisode-40/

All past episodes 👇

https://boglecenter.net/category/bogleheads-live/

You can also find it listed on Apple, Google, Spotify, Amazon Music, and pretty much everywhere.

To join our live events - with the chance to ask your question to the week's guests - follow the John C. Bogle Center for Financial Literacy on Twitter to stay up to date: https://twitter.com/bogleheads.

Enjoy!
Jon Luskin
Host
'Bogleheads® Live'

The 'Bogleheads® Live' series is hosted by me, Jon Luskin, CFP®, a long-time Boglehead®. This podcast is supported by the John C. Bogle Center for Financial Literacy, a non-profit organization approved by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) public charity on February 6, 2012.
When there are multiple solutions to a problem, choose the simplest one. ~Jack Bogle
ScroogeMcDuck

Re: 'Bogleheads® Live' #40 podcast is out: Tax Law Changes for FIRE (SECURE 2.0)

Post by ScroogeMcDuck »

Thanks Jon! Great episode with very clear explanations - I enjoyed it.
Topic Author
Jon Luskin

Re: 'Bogleheads® Live' #40 podcast is out: Tax Law Changes for FIRE (SECURE 2.0)

Post by Jon Luskin »

You're most welcome!

Thanks for checking out the episode.
When there are multiple solutions to a problem, choose the simplest one. ~Jack Bogle
truman

Post by truman »

Great episode! Sean had very actionable tips boiled down from SECURE 2.0, thank you!
Topic Author
Jon Luskin

Post by Jon Luskin »

You're welcome!

Thanks for listening.

:happy
HueyLD

Post by HueyLD »

I like Sean’s wise remarks about not letting income tax dictate one’s investment objectives.

He also pointed out the hazard of not paying attention to what’s required to take advantage of certain tax benefits such as transferring from 529 plans to a Roth IRA.

The podcast is a big short, but full of good comments.
Topic Author
Jon Luskin

Post by Jon Luskin »

I 100% agree with Sean! I like to say:

"Investments first; taxes second."

Thanks for listening - and thank you for sharing your thoughts.

:D