Thank you Taylor Larimore

US Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements.
Topic Author
Jcraz13

Thank you Taylor Larimore

Post by Jcraz13 »

Watching President Zelensky address the US Joint Session of Congress , he referenced the Battle of the Bulge at Christmas time . Our own Taylor Larimore was there , earning five combat decorations with the 101st Airborne.

Thank you Taylor . I know this post is not about finances , nor is it political, but none of us would be free without the likes of these brave men who allow us to be in a free capitalist society and live our lives and express our freedom and blessings on this forum .

Thanks for your service many years ago , it is not forgotten .

Merry Christmas all .

Jeff
nedsaid

Re: Thank you Taylor Larimore

Post by nedsaid »

Thank you Taylor. I am looking forward to the annual "My Christmas Gift to You" thread by Taylor.
A fool and his money are good for business.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

This thread is now in the US Chapters forum (Bogleheads community).
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
whodidntante

Post by whodidntante »

I don't know exactly why, but I had the haunting suspicion that I was opening an obituary.
Taylor Larimore

Post by Taylor Larimore »

whodidntante wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:39 pm I don't know exactly why, but I had the haunting suspicion that I was opening an obituary.
whodidntante:

The good die young.

Taylor
Jack Bogle's Words of Wisdom: “When we rely on the past to help us foretell the future, we are all-too-likely to reach invalid conclusions.”
"Simplicity is the master key to financial success." -- Jack Bogle
AnnetteLouisan

Post by AnnetteLouisan »

Thank you Taylor for reminding us that the fallen are as deserving of our thoughts and gratitude as those who lived.

Merry Christmas 🎁🎄
Last edited by AnnetteLouisan on Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Normchad

Post by Normchad »

Taylor is also the epitome of grace, class, and patience in the internet. He is a role model of mine, and I thank him for it.
LateStarter1975

Post by LateStarter1975 »

Normchad wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:02 pm Taylor is also the epitome of grace, class, and patience in the internet. He is a role model of mine, and I thank him for it.
Seconded. I have in the past, had private messages back and forth with Taylor and I can only say I am in awe of his humility and grace. Thank you so much Taylor for your service, inspiration and mentorship.
Debt is dangerous...simple is beautiful
JasonHutt

Post by JasonHutt »

Jcraz13 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:04 pm Watching President Zelensky address the US Joint Session of Congress , he referenced the Battle of the Bulge at Christmas time . Our own Taylor Larimore was there , earning five combat decorations with the 101st Airborne.

Thank you Taylor . I know this post is not about finances , nor is it political, but none of us would be free without the likes of these brave men who allow us to be in a free capitalist society and live our lives and express our freedom and blessings on this forum .

Thanks for your service many years ago , it is not forgotten .

Merry Christmas all .

Jeff
Cool
ThisTimeItsDifferent

Post by ThisTimeItsDifferent »

Thank you sir!
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

Taylor Larimore wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:50 pm
whodidntante wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:39 pm I don't know exactly why, but I had the haunting suspicion that I was opening an obituary.
whodidntante:

The good die young.

Taylor
Still sharp as a tack at age 98. (And pretty witty too!)

Taylor, thanks for all that you've done for our country and for Bogleheads worldwide.
Last edited by Stinky on Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retired life insurance company financial executive who sincerely believes that ”It’s a GREAT day to be alive!”
Parkinglotracer

Post by Parkinglotracer »

Taylor Larimore wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:50 pm
whodidntante:

The good die young.

Taylor
Jack Bogle's Words of Wisdom: “When we rely on the past to help us foretell the future, we are all-too-likely to reach invalid conclusions.”
+1 !
Ana-Maria57

Post by Ana-Maria57 »

Thank you Taylor. Thank you. Cannot be said enough.
Taylor Larimore

Post by Taylor Larimore »

nedsaid wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:36 pm Thank you Taylor. I am looking forward to the annual "My Christmas Gift to You" thread by Taylor.
nedsaid:

I will post "My Christmas Gift to You" on Christmas Day.

And 'thank you' everyone for your posts. This old Boglehead (98) is very grateful to hear from his Boglehead friends.

Best wishes.
Taylor
Jack Bogle's Words of Wisdom: "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
"Simplicity is the master key to financial success." -- Jack Bogle
austin757

Post by austin757 »

Taylor Larimore wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:46 am
nedsaid wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:36 pm Thank you Taylor. I am looking forward to the annual "My Christmas Gift to You" thread by Taylor.
nedsaid:

And 'thank you' everyone for your posts. This old Boglehead (98) is very grateful to hear from his Boglehead friends.

Best wishes.
Taylor
Jack Bogle's Words of Wisdom: "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
Taylor, you already know this, but you are an incredible man. An inspiring example for what younger people should aspire to be. Merry Christmas!
Triple digit golfer

Post by Triple digit golfer »

I have never met Taylor in person, but I am so confident in saying that he is one of the finest men who has ever lived. He epitomizes everything we can only hope to be: kind, caring, patient, helpful, heroic, and of course, since this is Bogleheads, financially astute!

Thank you, Taylor, for being the person you are. I look forward to your Christmas Day post, as always. I hope you and your family have Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
VictoriaF

Post by VictoriaF »

Taylor Larimore wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:46 am
nedsaid:

Best wishes.
Taylor
Dear Taylor,

I, too, was thinking of you when President Zelensky spoke about the Battle of the Bulge. When the war in Ukraine is over, you should take Volodymyr Zelenskyy sailing with you.

Hope to see you at the Bogleheads conference in 2023,

Victoria
Inventor of the Bogleheads Secret Handshake | Winner of the 2015 Boglehead Contest. | Every joke has a bit of a joke. ... The rest is the truth. (Marat F)
txaggie

Post by txaggie »

Triple digit golfer wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:57 am I have never met Taylor in person, but I am so confident in saying that he is one of the finest men who has ever lived. He epitomizes everything we can only hope to be: kind, caring, patient, helpful, heroic, and of course, since this is Bogleheads, financially astute!

Thank you, Taylor, for being the person you are. I look forward to your Christmas Day post, as always. I hope you and your family have Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Very well said. Thank you Taylor!
WhyNotUs

Post by WhyNotUs »

Was thinking about Taylor yesterday. My old sailing partner is heading south for the winter and spent the night in Biscayne Bay, water that is likely very familiar to Taylor. Fair winds!
I own the next hot stock- VTSAX
m_squared

Post by m_squared »

Thank you Taylor, for your service and your guidance.
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

Jcraz13 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:04 pm Watching President Zelensky address the US Joint Session of Congress, he referenced the Battle of the Bulge at Christmas time. Our own Taylor Larimore was there, earning five combat decorations with the 101st Airborne.

Thank you Taylor. I know this post is not about finances, nor is it political, but none of us would be free without the likes of these brave men who allow us to be in a free capitalist society and live our lives and express our freedom and blessings on this forum.

Thanks for your service many years ago, it is not forgotten.

Taylor receiving the French Medal of Honor for his WWII service

:happy