Deleting Morningstar Account

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
vaylie

Deleting Morningstar Account

Post by vaylie »

I dislike leaving old unused accounts around, and I don't see myself ever paying for their service. I've already unsubscribed from everything in my Notifications area, yet I'm still getting spam/advertising from this site. Is there any way I can get them to delete my account?

All the delete account sites tell me I have to fill out a feedback form to get my account deleted. However, whenever I click on the feedback form (https://my.morningstar.com/my/help/feedbackform.aspx) - It just redirects me to a page that lists the benefits of Members vs Non-Members before forcing me to sign up for an account...

Update: I have successfully managed to delete my account despite Morningstar's infinite loop contact form.

You need to go to their Privacy Center's "Request Data" form.
Select Former/Current Individual Customer.
MorningStar.com/MorningStar Investor
Check the box that says " I want to delete my personal data."

You will then need to fill out a form that verifies your identity. I entered a California address and a throwaway phone number into my Personal Information/Profile section of my Morningstar account. Then I filled out the form with the exact address/number in my profile.

My account was deleted in 10 days.
Last edited by vaylie on Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saving$

Re: Deleting Morningstar Account

Post by Saving$ »

If the emails have an "unsubscribe" button, try that.
Topic Author
vaylie

Post by vaylie »

They do, but I don't want to do that every time I receive a new e-mail. I just want the account gone.
lthenderson

Post by lthenderson »

I have found unsubscribe links in emails to work fairly well. They sometimes take some time as whomever doesn't update their email list on a daily basis but nearly always, I get unsubscribed eventually. For any subsequent emails you get after unsubscribing, just delete until they get their list updated.
bob60014

Post by bob60014 »

If just for email, goto Unsubscribe, it may take a few weeks to complete. You may have to do this several times to ensure it's stopped.

https://newsroom.morningstar.com/invest ... fault.aspx
galawdawg

Post by galawdawg »

Since this is a known entity to you, just click on the unsubscribe link within any unwanted Morningstar email. Then mark any future emails from them as spam. Done. :beer
David S

Post by David S »

I have a g-mail account setup in Outlook. With this, I can identify a particular email as ”junk” and then block the sender. This can also be done with Proton Mail.
Topic Author
vaylie

Post by vaylie »

Update: I have successfully managed to delete my account despite Morningstar's infinite loop contact form.

You need to go to their Privacy Center's "Request Data" form.
Select Former/Current Individual Customer.
MorningStar.com/MorningStar Investor
Check the box that says " I want to delete my personal data."

You will then need to fill out a form that verifies your identity. I entered a California address and a throwaway phone number into my Personal Information/Profile section of my Morningstar account. Then I filled out the form with the exact address/number in my profile.

My account was deleted in 10 days.

I noticed that this is one of the top google results for "delete morningstar account," so I have also updated OP with this new information for anyone else interested in having this done.

I know we've all become numb to data breaches at this point, but I still believe in closing inactive accounts/deleting your information wherever you can, so you don't have to continuously opt out of whatever new advertising they decide to add and don't have yet another website with your information waiting to be hacked/leaked. Continuously unsubscribing or using your e-mail's junk mechanics doesn't get at the root of the problem.