No receipt on IRS Form8832 submitted

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills.
Topic Author
Lxw3

No receipt on IRS Form8832 submitted

Post by Lxw3 »

Hi I have submitted IRS form 8832 to have LLC being taxed as c-corp in April, so far I have not got any notification of receipt or confirmation from IRS, should I be concerned and call them. Or is it common that no receipt or acknowledgement will be received from them? Thank you for sharing your experience!
MP123

Re: No receipt on IRS Form8832 submitted

Post by MP123 »

In theory you should have been notified within 60 days. Even with all the backups it might be worth contacting them. Did you send it certified?
Topic Author
Lxw3

Re: No receipt on IRS Form8832 submitted

Post by Lxw3 »

It was sent by regular usps mail. I printed out tracking and delivery proof of the mail. I tried to call irs, but the auto machine said for such inquiry Of status, they no longer take calls due to high volumn. What’s the best way to get the status? Can I still file the tax on elected classification of form8832 based on the proof that I have, even though they did not send me the notice of acceptance after 6 months?