Any streaming channels for roku you can watch older star trek tv series for free?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
iamblessed

Any streaming channels for roku you can watch older star trek tv series for free?

Post by iamblessed »

Wanted to ask others.
JoMoney

Re: Any streaming channels for roku you can watch older star trek tv series for free?

Post by JoMoney »

I don't think so... Pluto.TV offers "Star Trek: The Next Generation" streaming for free, but not the original series.
You can get the original series streaming through the Paramount+ network (available for Roku), but that's a pay service, or you can purchase individual episodes or entire seasons and watch through Amazon video app.
"To achieve satisfactory investment results is easier than most people realize; to achieve superior results is harder than it looks." - Benjamin Graham
yohac

Re: Any streaming channels for roku you can watch older star trek tv series for free?

Post by yohac »

Paramount+ is probably the easiest paid service to get for free, if you don't mind cancelling once a month and reupping with the latest promo code. In fact I cancelled my subscription in June but they haven't gotten around to removing my access yet.
mhalley

Post by mhalley »

For future reference whenever you want to find where/whether a show is streaming, just google just watch show name,
Ie just watch Star Trek
And you can see where to watch it. You can create an account and the just watch site will notify you when it becomes available for free.
adestefan

Post by adestefan »

They used to be on a bunch of services, but they were all removed when Paramount+ became a thing. I used to rewatch all of DS9 every few years on Prime Video.
whodidntante

Post by whodidntante »

yohac wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:07 pm Paramount+ is probably the easiest paid service to get for free, if you don't mind cancelling once a month and reupping with the latest promo code. In fact I cancelled my subscription in June but they haven't gotten around to removing my access yet.
This is the best option.
You can find the codes on doctorofcredit.com.
Fclevz

Post by Fclevz »

If you ever want to know where you can stream something, check out https://www.justwatch.com/
Topic Author
iamblessed

Post by iamblessed »

Thanks everybody. Thanks for the Next Generation also.
HomerJ

Post by HomerJ »

Picard is better than Kirk..

Prove me wrong. :)
"The best tools available to us are shovels, not scalpels. Don't get carried away." - vanBogle59
rh00p

Post by rh00p »

whodidntante wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:27 pm
yohac wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:07 pm Paramount+ is probably the easiest paid service to get for free, if you don't mind cancelling once a month and reupping with the latest promo code. In fact I cancelled my subscription in June but they haven't gotten around to removing my access yet.
This is the best option.
You can find the codes on doctorofcredit.com.
Do you have a qualifying T-mobile plan? Free Paramount+ for one year.
Preparing for the worst. Hoping for the best.
whodidntante

Post by whodidntante »

HomerJ wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:10 pm Picard is better than Kirk..

Prove me wrong. :)
I won't take that bet, because you are right.
tj

Post by tj »

How do you still have access?
rockstar

Post by rockstar »

PlutoTV has a Star Trek channel.
tev9876

Post by tev9876 »

The over the air H&I TV network shows all of the ST series in prime time just about every night. Here it is a sub channel of the local FOX affiliate. https://www.handitv.com/