How do I cancel writing a post reply or reply with quotes?

Discussions about the forum and contents
Topic Author
wilderson

How do I cancel writing a post reply or reply with quotes?

Post by wilderson »

Say I'm reading a topic and I click the post reply button and start typing. After a minute I realize I don't have anything to say and want to cancel my post. Is there some button I can post to cancel that I'm just not seeing or do I just click the right-most "of the list of directories" which currently starts with "Board Index" < "Community" < "Forum Issues and Administration" so I would click on "Forum Issues and Administration".

Thank you
AnnetteLouisan

Re: How do I cancel writing a post reply or reply with quotes?

Post by AnnetteLouisan »

If you haven’t hit submit yet it just disappears. You don’t have to delete it. I do this all the time (believe it or not).

If you did hit submit just click the X button in the square by the pencil button in the upper right.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

^^^ That'll work. As long as you don't hit the "Submit" button, nothing will happen. Either hit your browser's back button or click on a link anywhere in the page.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
Topic Author
wilderson

Post by wilderson »

Thanks
Flobes

Post by Flobes »

One more tool:

If you start writing a reply, than realize you're not yet ready to post, you can choose the "Save Draft" option.

When/if you return to the topic and hit Post Reply, you'll have the option to Load Draft, then you can edit or write whatever, then Submit.

It you do nothing, then nothing happens to the saved draft.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

^^^ The "Save Draft" option is problematic, meaning it might not work as you expect it should.

Instead, I recommend saving your post in a text editor, such as notepad (in Windows). If you accidentally close your browser, you'll still have a copy of the post.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
Topic Author
wilderson

Post by wilderson »

Thanks. I've been curious about "Save draft".