PSA: Green Beans Just Got Super Expensive [Update: Pricing Error At Checkout]

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
Beensabu

PSA: Green Beans Just Got Super Expensive [Update: Pricing Error At Checkout]

Post by Beensabu »

I just accidentally bought 3/4 of a pound of fresh green beans at $6.99/lb... They've been my cheap veggie go-to at $2/lb for a long time, so... if they're your cheap veggie go-to, you should know that organic chicken costs less than green beans currently. Ugh. I could have bought chicken.

Update: Just overcharged at checkout. Green beans are still cheap.
Last edited by Beensabu on Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The only thing that makes life possible is permanent, intolerable uncertainty; not knowing what comes next." ~Ursula LeGuin
7eight9

Re: PSA: Green Beans Just Got Super Expensive

Post by 7eight9 »

Beensabu wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:24 pm I just accidentally bought 3/4 of a pound of fresh green beans at $6.99/lb... They've been my cheap veggie go-to at $2/lb for a long time, so... if they're your cheap veggie go-to, you should know that organic chicken costs less than green beans currently. Ugh. I could have bought chicken.
I don't want to make you feel bad but they are $0.99/lb this week at La Bonita (Las Vegas, NV) --- https://www.bonitamarkets.com/ofertas

Maybe the pricing you are seeing is a regional thing.
I guess it all could be much worse. | They could be warming up my hearse.
Topic Author
Beensabu

Post by Beensabu »

7eight9 wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:53 pm
Beensabu wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:24 pm I just accidentally bought 3/4 of a pound of fresh green beans at $6.99/lb... They've been my cheap veggie go-to at $2/lb for a long time, so... if they're your cheap veggie go-to, you should know that organic chicken costs less than green beans currently. Ugh. I could have bought chicken.
I don't want to make you feel bad but they are $0.99/lb this week at La Bonita (Las Vegas, NV) --- https://www.bonitamarkets.com/ofertas

Maybe the pricing you are seeing is a regional thing.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh. I can't stop thinking about it. I could have bought a pound of BACON. Excuse me while I rescue my receipt from recycling in case this was a computer glitch I can go be a Karen about next time and get my $4 back.

EDIT: I called them to ask if that was really the price and a very nice guy went and checked and verified that they are indeed $1.99/lb and I can bring the receipt in at my convenience and get a refund. So the world is not actually ending.
"The only thing that makes life possible is permanent, intolerable uncertainty; not knowing what comes next." ~Ursula LeGuin
White Coat Investor

Post by White Coat Investor »

One of the benefits of earning, saving, and investing well is you can quit looking at the prices of food you buy because it doesn't matter if you overpay by $4 for something. Much less stressful.
1) Invest you must 2) Time is your friend 3) Impulse is your enemy | 4) Basic arithmetic works 5) Stick to simplicity 6) Stay the course
cholan

Post by cholan »

White Coat Investor wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:41 pm One of the benefits of earning, saving, and investing well is you can quit looking at the prices of food you buy because it doesn't matter if you overpay by $4 for something. Much less stressful.
My sentiments exactly!
...leaving not a rack behind.
Topic Author
Beensabu

Post by Beensabu »

White Coat Investor wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:41 pm One of the benefits of earning, saving, and investing well is you can quit looking at the prices of food you buy because it doesn't matter if you overpay by $4 for something. Much less stressful.
Yes, thanks for that. That would be lovely. Maybe one day I will even be able to intentionally pay $8 for a jar of pasta sauce.

Mostly, I'm just glad that green beans don't now cost $6.99/lb.
muffins14

Post by muffins14 »

Since this was a misunderstanding, perhaps you can delete the original post to prevent further discussion
Crom laughs at your Four Winds
Topic Author
Beensabu

Post by Beensabu »

muffins14 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:20 am Since this was a misunderstanding, perhaps you can delete the original post to prevent further discussion
:thumbsup
oldcomputerguy

Re: PSA: Green Beans Just Got Super Expensive [Update: Pricing Error At Checkout]

Post by oldcomputerguy »

This topic is locked (general complaint, topic exhausted). See: Personal Consumer Issues
Note that topics must be directly connected to your (or your friend's or family's) life as a consumer. General comments or complaints about these topics will be locked or removed.
See also: Locked Topics
Occasionally, even if there are no overt violations of posting policy, a topic (or thread) will reach a point where the information content of the discussion has been essentially exhausted and further replies are much more likely to cause distress to the community than add anything of value.
There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way. (Christopher Morley)