New California Middle Class Tax Refund

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills.
Topic Author
MoleMan1349

New California Middle Class Tax Refund

Post by MoleMan1349 »

Hi all,

California recently included this "Middle Class Tax Refund" in their newly passed state budget. Details are at this website -

https://www.ftb.ca.gov/about-ftb/newsro ... anner_MCTR

They are using the 2020 tax year for income thresholds and dependent information. It also appears they are paying these amounts directly (like prior federal COVID bills) to CA tax payers either through direct deposit or mailed debit card starting October 2022 through January 2023.

For the 2020 CA tax year (filed in 2021), my DW and I did not receive a tax refund (and thus did not provide direct deposit information) and had a different address. In 2021 tax year (filed in 2022), we did provide direct deposit information and our current correct address.

Because of my 2020 return, do you believe it is likely we would have a debit card mailed to the wrong address? Or does it matter that CA has the correct information since it is in their system from 2021? We've been in our new home now for almost 2 years but I figured I should place a mail forwarding on my old address just in case - thought I'd get the forums' thoughts as well.

Thanks everyone, have a great weekend!
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal -- it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill
Weathering

Re: New California Middle Class Tax Refund

Post by Weathering »

Is there a way to ask that 2021 income be used instead of using 2020 income?
Big difference for me because of the way the Covid crash played out. I won’t get anything since 2020 income is being used, but I’d get $1,050 if 2021 income were used. Just looked at my CA tax returns to confirm.
quietseas

Post by quietseas »

You can change your address with the CA FTB, if you haven't already done so.
https://www.ftb.ca.gov/help/contact/how ... dress.html

I think the FTB is running more smoothly than the IRS on this type of action.
Topic Author
MoleMan1349

Post by MoleMan1349 »

Weathering wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:57 pm Is there a way to ask that 2021 income be used instead of using 2020 income?
Big difference for me because of the way the Covid crash played out. I won’t get anything since 2020 income is being used, but I’d get $1,050 if 2021 income were used. Just looked at my CA tax returns to confirm.
Sadly no, 2020 is only year used per the passed budget. I believe they used 2020 since could ensure all tax payers had filed returns by Oct 2021 - whereas if they used 2021, extended returns may still not have filed yet.
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal -- it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill
Topic Author
MoleMan1349

Post by MoleMan1349 »

quietseas wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:58 pm You can change your address with the CA FTB, if you haven't already done so.
https://www.ftb.ca.gov/help/contact/how ... dress.html

I think the FTB is running more smoothly than the IRS on this type of action.
Thanks for the information, I will check it out
Weathering

Post by Weathering »

Weathering wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:57 pm Is there a way to ask that 2021 income be used instead of using 2020 income?
No. Just confirmed on the FAQ page of the CA middle class tax refund
quietseas

Post by quietseas »

MoleMan1349 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:45 pm For the 2020 CA tax year (filed in 2021), my DW and I did not receive a tax refund (and thus did not provide direct deposit information) and had a different address. In 2021 tax year (filed in 2022), we did provide direct deposit information and our current correct address.
So you wrote them a check for the balance due? If you paid with an ACH funds transfer they have your account info the same as if you had a refund paid through direct deposit.
Topic Author
MoleMan1349

Post by MoleMan1349 »

quietseas wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:29 pm
MoleMan1349 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:45 pm For the 2020 CA tax year (filed in 2021), my DW and I did not receive a tax refund (and thus did not provide direct deposit information) and had a different address. In 2021 tax year (filed in 2022), we did provide direct deposit information and our current correct address.
So you wrote them a check for the balance due? If you paid with an ACH funds transfer they have your account info the same as if you had a refund paid through direct deposit.
It turned out to be the 1st year on record where I paid the exact amount due so net owed/due was 0 - thus I do not think I provided any account info.
quantAndHold

Post by quantAndHold »

Where are you seeing that it’s going to be a debit card? I know they mailed us a check the last time.
Topic Author
MoleMan1349

Post by MoleMan1349 »

quantAndHold wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:40 pm Where are you seeing that it’s going to be a debit card? I know they mailed us a check the last time.
Under the "what you may receive" section, it says "Otherwise, you will receive your payment by debit card" at the end.
Morgan22

Post by Morgan22 »

MoleMan1349 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:45 pm Hi all,

California recently included this "Middle Class Tax Refund" in their newly passed state budget. Details are at this website -

They are using the 2020 tax year for income thresholds and dependent information. It also appears they are paying these amounts directly (like prior federal COVID bills) to CA tax payers either through direct deposit or mailed debit card starting October 2022 through January 2023.

For the 2020 CA tax year (filed in 2021), my DW and I did not receive a tax refund (and thus did not provide direct deposit information) and had a different address. In 2021 tax year (filed in 2022), we did provide direct deposit information and our current correct address.

Because of my 2020 return, do you believe it is likely we would have a debit card mailed to the wrong address? Or does it matter that CA has the correct information since it is in their system from 2021? We've been in our new home now for almost 2 years but I figured I should place a mail forwarding on my old address just in case - thought I'd get the forums' thoughts as well.

Thanks everyone, have a great weekend!
Sorry I can't answer your questions, but thank you for posting this! I was not aware of this until now. :sharebeer
Kevin M

Post by Kevin M »

MoleMan1349 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:45 pm Hi all,

Hmm. Another cost to my large Roth conversion in 2020. Looks like we'll receive $400 instead of $700 (which it would have been without the Roth conversion). At least it's not nearly as bad as the IRMAA cost.

Kevin
If I make a calculation error, #Cruncher probably will let me know.
LilyFleur

Post by LilyFleur »

Indeed. Large Roth conversions can push us out of the middle class, at least for that year.
Kinkajou82

Post by Kinkajou82 »

Sorry I can't answer your question regarding the debit card. I'd LIKE to think that since you gave them your info in 2021 they now have it and can use it, and honestly my parents haven't had an issue receiving it electronically with their CA state pandemic benefits. Still, with a large bureaucracy I can imagine things being strange about what info is in front of them when looking at earlier 2020 returns.

That said, I also wanted to say thank you for posting about this because I didn't know they were using tax year 2020 until just now. I thought I would be getting nothing based on my VERY out-of-the-ordinary 2021 tax year, but now it seems I could be getting a very small something, which I won't begrudge!
VanGar+Goyle

Post by VanGar+Goyle »

LilyFleur wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:10 pm Indeed. Large Roth conversions can push us out of the middle class, at least for that year.
Good to know that any CA AGI of $500,000 or less is still middle class,
so over 96% of people are middle class. :)
ray.james

Post by ray.james »

I do not know the answer but this is my guess based on how the state handles disability, child bonding benefits and unemployment. They will send a BOFA debit card that you can register online to see balance and transactions. This is in lieu of using a bank account used for direct deposit.
When in doubt, http://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=79939
mervinj7

Post by mervinj7 »

VanGar+Goyle wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:18 pm
LilyFleur wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:10 pm Indeed. Large Roth conversions can push us out of the middle class, at least for that year.
Since the refund is based on 2020 income, $500k in household income is at the 98% percentile. That means, almost all CA residents will qualify but of course that doesn't apply to Bogleheads from CA where $500k in household income may skew lower on the percentile charts.

https://dqydj.com/income-percentile-by- ... alculator/
Ron Ronnerson

Post by Ron Ronnerson »

mervinj7 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:03 pm
VanGar+Goyle wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:18 pm
Since the refund is based on 2020 income, $500k in household income is at the 98% percentile. That means, almost all CA residents will qualify but of course that doesn't apply to Bogleheads from CA where $500k in household income may skew lower on the percentile charts.

https://dqydj.com/income-percentile-by- ... alculator/
California sent out checks to most people last year too (Golden State Stimulus). To qualify, income (AGI) needed to be under $75k. This was regardless of filing status so married couples making more than $75k would not qualify. According to the governor’s website, two-thirds of Californians were under the threshold.

Like most people, my family qualified for the Golden State Stimulus. Our status was married filing jointly with a dependent so we got $1100. We live in a VHCOL area (Bay Area).

We qualify for $1050 this year. My family has no state income tax liability in California, as is the case with a lot of people who live here.

I get the impression that lots of people on this forum think most Californians earn high incomes and pay high taxes. Some do but it’s a relatively small percentage.

This year’s cut-off is much higher so far more than just 2 out of 3 people will get money this year. As you pointed out, almost everyone will.
calwatch

Post by calwatch »

Here's an article about people who missed out on the rebate because they didn't file a tax return. To be fair, many more people that usually don't file did for the 2020 tax year to get the Golden State Stimulus. I know I personally completed a few tax returns for my parents and their friends who normally wouldn't file, reporting the amount of interest or pensions that would ordinarily fall below the line.

Some low-income Californians won’t receive the rebate, Department of Finance spokesperson H.D. Palmer said. But he pointed out that many people who aren’t required to file taxes still choose to do so, sometimes to receive other benefits distributed through the system. In 2020, an additional 500,000 low-income tax returns were filed in California, Palmer said in a statement, “presumably to qualify for a Golden State Stimulus payment or perhaps even a federal relief payment.”

https://calmatters.org/economy/2022/07/ ... -rebate-2/

This round also included those who had Net Operating Losses as the floor was no longer $1. Like the last Golden State Stimulus, anyone who moved to California after 2020, or wasn't at least a half year resident, didn't qualify.
celia

Post by celia »

MoleMan1349 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:10 pm
Sadly no, 2020 is only year used per the passed budget. I believe they used 2020 since could ensure all tax payers had filed returns by Oct 2021 - whereas if they used 2021, extended returns may still not have filed yet.
+1 They also can’t wait for the closing of the 2021 tax season since they likely want to get this out before the ballots are mailed out.
:oops:
celia

Post by celia »

newacct wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:18 pm Does anyone know how it would be handled if a California resident filed jointly with a California nonresident?
My guess is that if you used the form for a California Resident Income Tax Return (rather than non-Resident), you will qualify. I didn’t notice if that was considered for last year’s stimulus or not.

If you used the Non-Resident form, I’m not sure if that would matter or not.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

FYI - This thread was incorrectly merged with a different thread: Golden State Stimulus check (California)

This thread is now back as a stand-alone discussion. Sorry about that.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
Hyperchicken

Re: Golden State Stimulus check (California)

Post by Hyperchicken »

[Post moved to here. It's relevant to this thread --admin LadyGeek]
jarjarM wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:26 pm Yup, not sure why the thread was merged since they're 2 different stimulus and income requirement is different (though base income year is the same, which is weird too). Either way, my family won't get any so I have no qualm in this :annoyed
2020 is simply the last year for which everyone should have filed their returns by now. 2021 returns may legitimately be filed for few more months.
RetiredAL

Post by RetiredAL »

What a racket.

Our CA tax bill for 2020 was $222. For 2021, it was $72.

We got $1200 from the Golden State Stimulus program. We will get $700 from this current Tax Refund program.
jarjarM

Re: Golden State Stimulus check (California)

Post by jarjarM »

[Post moved to here. It's relevant to this thread --admin LadyGeek]
Hyperchicken wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:30 pm
jarjarM wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:26 pm Yup, not sure why the thread was merged since they're 2 different stimulus and income requirement is different (though base income year is the same, which is weird too). Either way, my family won't get any so I have no qualm in this :annoyed
2020 is simply the last year for which everyone should have filed their returns by now. 2021 returns may legitimately be filed for few more months.
Yeah, I realized that from one of the earlier posts talking about filing extension. Thanks. :beer
MrsBDG

Post by MrsBDG »

If you qualify, you will receive either a direct deposit payment or a payment by debit card. You will receive your payment by direct deposit if you filed your return electronically and indicated direct deposit on your tax return. Otherwise, you will receive your payment by debit card.
I wonder what will happen if the direct deposit account was closed in the interim.
gobel

Post by gobel »

I was just reading that 14 other states and up to 20 are planning to do some sort of tax rebate like this. I think it may not all be coming from tax revenue after all, but from the 1.9T ARP that was passed last year. I remember at the time Schumer was congratulating himself for getting 12B in unrestricted aid for NY and averting a tax increase being proposed on the super rich in that state.

I found this link https://home.treasury.gov/policy-issues ... very-funds and the tables there say NY got 12B while CA got 27B. I wonder if that's enough to cover the CA refund.

The ARP is continuing to cause inflation problems in this way, both on the supply side (reducing workforce participation) and demand side (people with extra money to spend). The Fed can only tackle the demand side by raising interest rates, and that's a very blunt instrument to use.

I just got back from Vegas and the plane was a little late taking off (30 mins at the gate). After takeoff the pilot got on the intercom to do his usual welcome speech and also apologized for the delay. He said it's basically because of not being able to get the planes loaded and turned around due to ground crew shortages. He then said, "who can blame them. Would you rather work outside loading planes in 110 degree heat or inside in an airconditioned room". Not sure if he was just talking about stimulus checks tho. According to google, vegas ground crew makes an average of $25,526 a year, while I saw a help wanted sign for Starbucks offering $14.50 an hour (that's 29k a year)! (I'm guessing the 25k quote is out of date tho)
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

I removed an off-topic post conjecturing on "helicopter money" (economic policy). As a reminder, see: Non-actionable (Trolling) Topics
If readers can't do anything with the content of a topic other than argue about it, it does not belong here. Examples include:
  • US or world economic, political, tax, health care and climate policies
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
mervinj7

Post by mervinj7 »

gobel wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:49 pm I just got back from Vegas and the plane was a little late taking off (30 mins at the gate). After takeoff the pilot got on the intercom to do his usual welcome speech and also apologized for the delay. He said it's basically because of not being able to get the planes loaded and turned around due to ground crew shortages. He then said, "who can blame them. Would you rather work outside loading planes in 110 degree heat or inside in an airconditioned room". Not sure if he was just talking about stimulus checks tho. According to google, vegas ground crew makes an average of $25,526 a year, while I saw a help wanted sign for Starbucks offering $14.50 an hour (that's 29k a year)! (I'm guessing the 25k quote is out of date tho)
Usually, when a thread gets numerous conjecture posts, it gets locked...
gobel

Post by gobel »

mervinj7 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:38 pm
gobel wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:49 pm I just got back from Vegas and the plane was a little late taking off (30 mins at the gate). After takeoff the pilot got on the intercom to do his usual welcome speech and also apologized for the delay. He said it's basically because of not being able to get the planes loaded and turned around due to ground crew shortages. He then said, "who can blame them. Would you rather work outside loading planes in 110 degree heat or inside in an airconditioned room". Not sure if he was just talking about stimulus checks tho. According to google, vegas ground crew makes an average of $25,526 a year, while I saw a help wanted sign for Starbucks offering $14.50 an hour (that's 29k a year)! (I'm guessing the 25k quote is out of date tho)
Usually, when a thread gets numerous conjecture posts, it gets locked...
I don't think the pilot was blowing off any steam or anything. I did watch as he was parked for 20 mins waiting for the previous plane to push back so he could pull in. I think pilots never like it when the gate is not running smoothly, but I definitely did not detect any animosity in his voice. Maybe he was kind of just saying it wasn't mechanical or the airline's fault this time (a lot of the July 4th disruptions were blamed on aircraft crew shortages).
calwatch

Post by calwatch »

Back on topic, this is a guide to what every other state has approved in regards to distributing surpluses or cutting taxes: https://taxfoundation.org/state-tax-ref ... cted-2022/
Ron Ronnerson

Post by Ron Ronnerson »

For those expecting to receive the Middle Class Tax Refund but haven’t gotten it through direct deposit, keep a lookout on the mail. We received a debit card for $1050 in the mail today. They’re being sent in batches so more will be mailed in the weeks ahead.

OP: I hope yours makes it to you soon if it hasn’t already.
loghound

Post by loghound »

I had a deposit show up in my account a few days back... It took me a while to figure out why!
I would have written a shorter letter, but I did not have the time. | - Blaise Pascal
mervinj7

Post by mervinj7 »

loghound wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:04 am I had a deposit show up in my account a few days back... It took me a while to figure out why!
I also got the refund on Halloween directly deposited to my Fidelity CMA. I'm still in (pleasant) disbelief that the "middle class" income cutoff is $500k for MFJ.
nalor511

Post by nalor511 »

Ron Ronnerson wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:57 pm For those expecting to receive the Middle Class Tax Refund but haven’t gotten it through direct deposit, keep a lookout on the mail. We received a debit card for $1050 in the mail today. They’re being sent in batches so more will be mailed in the weeks ahead.

Does anyone know a good way to drain the debit card without fees? I've never had one before. Thanks
Topic Author
MoleMan1349

Post by MoleMan1349 »

Ron Ronnerson wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:57 pm For those expecting to receive the Middle Class Tax Refund but haven’t gotten it through direct deposit, keep a lookout on the mail. We received a debit card for $1050 in the mail today. They’re being sent in batches so more will be mailed in the weeks ahead.

Thanks for the update! I have not received a direct deposit or debit card in the mail yet but happy to see they are starting to roll out, hope to see it soon!
Drovor

Post by Drovor »

nalor511 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:34 pm

Does anyone know a good way to drain the debit card without fees? I've never had one before. Thanks
I haven't received one yet, but you may be able to login on the debit card site and transfer the balance to your bank account.
Topic Author
MoleMan1349

Post by MoleMan1349 »

https://www.ftb.ca.gov/about-ftb/newsro ... c_id=akBFF

FYI - the refund website now has a schedule at the bottom regarding when deliveries will occur based on last name (if expecting mailed debit card)
Topic Author
MoleMan1349

Post by MoleMan1349 »

Drovor wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:36 pm

I haven't received one yet, but you may be able to login on the debit card site and transfer the balance to your bank account.
My wife received a debit card from CA for paid family benefits for both of our children. It was through Bank of America, you set up an account specific for that debit card, and could easily transfer the balance to another bank account. I imagine this is likely a similar case for this one.
Tejfyy

Post by Tejfyy »

MoleMan1349 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:21 pm

My wife received a debit card from CA for paid family benefits for both of our children. It was through Bank of America, you set up an account specific for that debit card, and could easily transfer the balance to another bank account. I imagine this is likely a similar case for this one.
Unlike the last one from CA where I could fee-free transfer the funds to my checking account, (I was at the bank), this time my bankteller could not tell me whether that was the case. The card is provided from a different company and arrives with a statement of all the fees. What a farce I have to say.
I had to go the website and search for ATMs with no fees. In my area they were at Ralph's, CVS and Walgreens. I took the card into Ralphs wanting to withdraw the $350 and the machine could only give me 20s. I'll bet you the remaining balance that none of their machines dispenses 10 dollars.

No idea whether there's a fee if I use it as debit card at a store. I don't use debit cards as a rule.

These kind of nickle and diming fee-based, so-called conveniences really rile me. I'm an able-bodied, mobile person. Elderly persons, those with mobility challenges...just send a blasted check or direct deposit!
nalor511

Post by nalor511 »

Tejfyy wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:26 pm

Unlike the last one from CA where I could fee-free transfer the funds to my checking account, (I was at the bank), this time my bankteller could not tell me whether that was the case. The card is provided from a different company and arrives with a statement of all the fees. What a farce I have to say.
I had to go the website and search for ATMs with no fees. In my area they were at Ralph's, CVS and Walgreens. I took the card into Ralphs wanting to withdraw the $350 and the machine could only give me 20s. I'll bet you the remaining balance that none of their machines dispenses 10 dollars.

No idea whether there's a fee if I use it as debit card at a store. I don't use debit cards as a rule.

These kind of nickle and diming fee-based, so-called conveniences really rile me. I'm an able-bodied, mobile person. Elderly persons, those with mobility challenges...just send a blasted check or direct deposit!
You said it lists all the fees - was atm the only way without fees? Thanks
Topic Author
MoleMan1349

Post by MoleMan1349 »

Thanks for sharing these details, much appreciated. Ugh I agree very frustrating.
notoriousMG

Post by notoriousMG »

I woke up to a bank alert that I got my refund direct deposit which was a nice surprise. Went straight into my credit card payment!
sailaway

Post by sailaway »

notoriousMG wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:09 pm I woke up to a bank alert that I got my refund direct deposit which was a nice surprise. Went straight into my credit card payment!
I guess we could say it is paying off the cc for the host gifts we got from a local artist before we headed abroad... I was thinking it covers the bank fees for unexpectedly having to pay for way more in cash than I had imagined. Even the hotels that can process the credit cards sometimes require you to pay cash for room service. Funny thing is, we are now at a hotel that can't handle the credit card, but all of our food has gone on the bill, which I have to pay in cash anyway...
stan1

Post by stan1 »

We got $500 direct deposited to the checking account we pay taxes from (both estimated taxes and due on filing).
mervinj7

Post by mervinj7 »

Tejfyy wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:26 pm No idea whether there's a fee if I use it as debit card at a store. I don't use debit cards as a rule.

I think the default is to get a direct deposit unless one meets certain requirements. Most of my coworkers, like me, tend to efile and thus we are all (so far) getting the refunds by direct deposit starting this week.
You will receive your payment by mail in the form of a debit card if you:

Filed a paper return.
Had a balance due.
Received your Golden State Stimulus (GSS) payment by check.
Received your tax refund by check regardless of filing method.
Received your 2020 tax refund by direct deposit, but have since changed your banking institution or bank account number.
Received an advance payment from your tax service provider, or paid your tax preparer fees using your tax refund.
I also don't like to use debit cards. When I do get them, I usually buy a Amazon e-gift card or load my Starbucks app with it.
Hyperchicken

Post by Hyperchicken »

It's almost as if California is trying to encourage taxpayers to have a refund rather than owe taxes.
Tejfyy

Post by Tejfyy »

nalor511 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:48 pm

You said it lists all the fees - was atm the only way without fees? Thanks
I can't answer your question I'm afraid because I wasn't willing to decipher the fee disclosure document that came with the card. I found about the ATMs on Reddit. I'm going to use it at Trader Joes. I'll let you know if a fee comes with that use.
Ron Ronnerson

Post by Ron Ronnerson »

Hyperchicken wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:18 am It's almost as if California is trying to encourage taxpayers to have a refund rather than owe taxes.
I haven’t had any state income tax liability in California in recent years and I believe a lot of folks in the state are in a similar situation. So that might be part of the reason that California is mailing out so many debit cards as well. I received last year’s Golden State Stimulus for $1100 by check and wish they’d sent a check this year too. It’s easy to deposit a check so it makes things much simpler than having to deal with a debit card. Oh well, not a big deal in the grand scheme. I’m just happy to be living in a negative income tax state (for me lately, anyway) with good weather.
RetiredAL

Post by RetiredAL »

Ron Ronnerson wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:18 pm
Hyperchicken wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:18 am It's almost as if California is trying to encourage taxpayers to have a refund rather than owe taxes.
I haven’t had any state income tax liability in California in recent years and I believe a lot of folks in the state are in a similar situation. So that might be part of the reason that California is mailing out so many debit cards as well. I received last year’s Golden State Stimulus for $1100 by check and wish they’d sent a check this year too. It’s easy to deposit a check so it makes things much simpler than having to deal with a debit card. Oh well, not a big deal in the grand scheme. I’m just happy to be living in a negative income tax state (for me lately, anyway) with good weather.
+1 ... Me too