Lugless.com / Other Luggage Shipping Services

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
DarkHelmetII

Lugless.com / Other Luggage Shipping Services

Post by DarkHelmetII »

I might ship some skis this winter instead of checking them with the airline. Any experiences with lugless.com or similar services? What is the difference between going through an intermediary vs. directly through UPS / Fedex / USPS?
Topic Author
DarkHelmetII

Re: Lugless.com / Other Luggage Shipping Services

Post by DarkHelmetII »

Bump ... any inputs?
Bogle7

Post by Bogle7 »

I went there.
Useless.
No European cities.
Old fart who does three index stock funds, baby.
Metsfan91

Post by Metsfan91 »

DarkHelmetII wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:43 am I might ship some skis this winter instead of checking them with the airline. Any experiences with lugless.com or similar services? What is the difference between going through an intermediary vs. directly through UPS / Fedex / USPS?
Did you try to get a quote?

I tried to get a quote. It is showing UPS service. So, it is just an intermediary - AKA middleman. It keeps a share of what you pay.. I deal direct. Avoid middleman.
"Know what you own, and know why you own it." — Peter Lynch
Topic Author
DarkHelmetII

Post by DarkHelmetII »

Metsfan91 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:25 pm
DarkHelmetII wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:43 am I might ship some skis this winter instead of checking them with the airline. Any experiences with lugless.com or similar services? What is the difference between going through an intermediary vs. directly through UPS / Fedex / USPS?
Did you try to get a quote?

I tried to get a quote. It is showing UPS service. So, it is just an intermediary - AKA middleman. It keeps a share of what you pay.. I deal direct. Avoid middleman.
Quotes I am getting from lugless are substantially lower than whatever I could ascertain from ups.com. Perhaps user error on my part. I am all for avoiding needless middlemen, just trying to figure out if others have real, actual experience with the service.