3 week Rental car in Philly?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
Parkinglotracer

3 week Rental car in Philly?

Post by Parkinglotracer »

Family member needs to rent a car for 3 weeks in downtown Philly area - any ideas of where to look for one?

I suggested to them to ask the body shop for a loaner or get referral from the body shop for a Rental company.
Last edited by Parkinglotracer on Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flyer24

Re: 3 week Rental car in Philly?

Post by Flyer24 »

Topic moved to Personal Consumer Issues.
bob60014

Post by bob60014 »

Enterprise, Avis and others have offices in and around downtown. Look at Turo too.
runner3081

Post by runner3081 »

Check autoslash.
Topic Author
Parkinglotracer

Thank you
deikel

Post by deikel »

rental car costs are sky high these days and for a city like Philly, I would actually add all the up-sellers to it to cover even the hint of a scratch

Do you have a parking spot downtown? otherwise that would add cost as well

Just makes me wonder if uebering around would not be the (overall) cheaper option AND more convenient
Everything you read in this post is my personal opinion. If you disagree with this disclaimer, please un-read the text immediately and destroy any copy or remembrance of it.
quantAndHold

Post by quantAndHold »

In downtown Philly. Do they even need a car? My friends who live in Philly don’t have cars. They just walk/transit/Uber everywhere.
stoptothink

Post by stoptothink »

quantAndHold wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:13 am In downtown Philly. Do they even need a car? My friends who live in Philly don’t have cars. They just walk/transit/Uber everywhere.
I've been to Philadelphia for extended periods (4-10 days) on several occasions for work and never once got a rental car. I have always been downtown (within walking distance of Liberty Bell Center), so I'm not sure how well this works if you are outside of downtown.
Trism

Post by Trism »

Parkinglotracer wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:57 am Family member needs to rent a car for 3 weeks in downtown Philly area - any ideas of where to look for one?

I suggested to them to ask the body shop for a loaner or get referral from the body shop for a Rental company.
Is there a car accident involved here? Or is this just a general question about where/how to find the best deals on rentals cars?
seawolf21

Post by seawolf21 »

As others have raised, do they really need the car for 3 weeks and where are they going to park?

Uber/Lyft could work be an option.
DrChronzworth

Post by DrChronzworth »

I lived for over six years in downtown Philly without a car, rental or otherwise. Given the expense of renting nowadays, it probably makes sense to uber places especially since usually they're not that expensive trips if you stick to downtown Philly.
Topic Author
Parkinglotracer

I should have added Family member calls on dental offices for sales and needs wheels as they travel throughout Philly and the suburbs.
Topic Author
Parkinglotracer

Trism wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:20 am
Parkinglotracer wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:57 am Family member needs to rent a car for 3 weeks in downtown Philly area - any ideas of where to look for one?

Is there a car accident involved here? Or is this just a general question about where/how to find the best deals on rentals cars?
Yes Car is in shop bc of an accident.
hicabob

Post by hicabob »

Costco is the best site I have found for car rentals. You do have to be a Costco member to rent I think. I found Autoslash used to be good but now they are just Priceline.

https://www.costcotravel.com/h=3002
Katietsu

Post by Katietsu »

In a normal climate anyway, our local Enterprise gives a decent discount if your car is being serviced.
jlawrence01

Post by jlawrence01 »

hicabob wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:35 pm Costco is the best site I have found for car rentals. You do have to be a Costco member to rent I think. I found Autoslash used to be good but now they are just Priceline.

https://www.costcotravel.com/h=3002
But they are still substantially less than Costco in most cases that I have tries in the past six months.
Casper

Post by Casper »

Parkinglotracer wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:17 pm I should have added Family member calls on dental offices for sales and needs wheels as they travel throughout Philly and the suburbs.
If they use the car for sales calls, will their employer pay for the rental?
Topic Author
Parkinglotracer

I think they get a mileage reimbursement for each mile driven.
Topic Author
Parkinglotracer

Duplicate