Anyone have any luck with new TSP login?

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills.
TimeRunner

Re: Anyone have any luck with new TSP login?

Post by TimeRunner »

nilber wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:09 pm
TimeRunner wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:25 pm
Blues wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:18 pm
raizar29 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:59 am
Blues wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:40 am If it had listed Authy as an option, I'd have selected it. But since it didn't, I didn't select an authenticator and made do with the other options available.
Yeah Authy is my preference as well, and I wasn't ready to mess with Okta.
Figured I couldn't be the only one. :beer
Did the same also. I don't need another auth app that I would only use for the TSP. Gak!
The good news is that you can use Authy. Just tell it you want to enter the code manually, input in the new manual account screen on Authy, and boom, authentication using Authy. No Okta required. Just did that with my account with no issues.
Excellently useful first post, nilber! Welcome to the Forum! :sharebeer
One cannot enlighten the unconscious. | "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine." -Jeff Spicoli
drizzleray

Post by drizzleray »

Is there any way to change the MFA method? It keeps prompting me for the security question when I’d rather use one time codes via SMS (or Google Authenticator, if I can set that up manually)
ryanpj

Post by ryanpj »

drizzleray wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:53 pm Is there any way to change the MFA method? It keeps prompting me for the security question when I’d rather use one time codes via SMS (or Google Authenticator, if I can set that up manually)
I had the same issue. The only way I can figure out how to do it is with the automated assistant. Click the little bird in the bottom right and type "change password" then confirm you want to change your password. It then appears to take you to what is almost a completely different site. From there they make you log in again. On the setting page you have the option to change your password and in the bottom right is a box "extra verification." You will probably have to yet again enter your security question again. Then turn off the security question option and it will default to text message.

You can't use Google Authenticator.

This is a truly terrible website change. The worst part is you know they had to know this was going to be a disaster and choose to go ahead with it any ways. At least the Army delayed IPPSA once they saw it was going to be a disaster. I have no account performance from before May 26th and it broke my external connection to Tiller.
Tobyboy

Post by Tobyboy »

Surprisingly, there is a way to change the MFA method. When you receive the prompt, notice the very small drop down arrow to the right of the question mark. If you click that, it provides you the option to select security question or SMS authentication. Hope that helps.
Johnfmh

Post by Johnfmh »

HeelaMonster wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:55 pm I am also having trouble logging in, though not exactly what/how I see described by others...

I have completed the set up of new account, passing through each of the 6 (or so) steps without any problems. However, once this set up is complete, it refuses to recognize my newly established credentials (username and password), so that login fails. I have worked through the help screens, tried clearing history, cache, cookies, etc. Have also rebooted and tried using Edge rather than Chrome (which is what I have always used to access TSP). Nothing works, login fails. There is, however, no message that account is locked.

Any suggestions? I can't believe they're going to make me call in to re-establish access. :annoyed
Exactly what happened to me. I am waiting a few weeks to try and fix it. Hopefully by then it will be easier to get hold of a person by phone.
Blues

Post by Blues »

MnD wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:55 pm Clearing cookies, shutting off an ad-blocker extension did nothing.
Using the standard Microsoft security option.

What did get me past the "white screen of death" was using Edge instead of Chrome - solved the problem.
Chrome didn't even work to register when used on my phone.
FWIW, I use a chromebook to log in to the TSP and I did the update on my chromebook. Worked the first time. So I can't say if your problem is a Chrome OS matter or not...or using Chrome on a Windows OS.

On the authenticator front...since the site is already up and running, I don't know if I'll bother testing my luck to see if I can get it to work with Authy at this point...maybe when I feel a little braver.
mokaThought

Post by mokaThought »

Blues wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:55 am
MnD wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:55 pm Clearing cookies, shutting off an ad-blocker extension did nothing.
Using the standard Microsoft security option.

What did get me past the "white screen of death" was using Edge instead of Chrome - solved the problem.
Chrome didn't even work to register when used on my phone.
FWIW, I use a chromebook to log in to the TSP and I did the update on my chromebook. Worked the first time. So I can't say if your problem is a Chrome OS matter or not...or using Chrome on a Windows OS.

On the authenticator front...since the site is already up and running, I don't know if I'll bother testing my luck to see if I can get it to work with Authy at this point...maybe when I feel a little braver.
FWIW, I got through just fine with Chrome on Windows. The site’s behavior is just remarkably inconsistent between users.
"October: This is one of the peculiarly dangerous months to speculate in stocks. The others are July, January, September, April, November, May, March, June, December, August and February."
Blues

Post by Blues »

I just logged in to the TSP and didn't notice any way to add the authenticator (Authy) as an option after the fact.

I don't think I'll tempt fate by trying to go through the entire log-in process from scratch again just to add it...since everything else is working fine as is.

If someone knows differently, please tell me what I'm missing and where to look in order to accomplish this. I saw nothing under my account options.

Thanks in advance.
Cobra Commander

Post by Cobra Commander »

Supposedly there is now an option to have a PIN mailed to you if logging in does not work.

I was able to access the supplemental verification questions today but they did not work for me. All of the questions were for places/persons I was never associated with but they still rejected my verification attempt. I may try the mail option.
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

I didn’t have any issues logging in yesterday with Chrome on Windows. I’ll try MS Edge later this week.

It’s an underwhelming revised site to me. Not sure how transfers/rollovers in and out of TSP will be handled online. Did anyone find the TSP Forms library on the site?

I linked a bank account for withdrawals or deposits, but it seems you can only link one bank account though you might be able to link multiple brokerage accounts for rollovers or transfers.

I’m not going to download the TSP mobile app yet. Most of the reviews of the app are very negative.
f35phixer

Post by f35phixer »

had no problem with the process. Don't like website, I'm out, going to roll over to my Fidelity so everything's in one basket.....
skinhealer

Post by skinhealer »

Didn't have issues with logging on after setting up an account again.

I tried mobile app but not at all worth it at the present time, would wait for a few months to get the bugs sorted out.
quietseas

Post by quietseas »

I did sign up for the MFW access (no cost to get access, only pay fees when you transfer funds in). The MFW web site (Alight) is more mature than the rest of the new site. It works like a typical fund screener, not the best I've ever seen but plenty of ways to slice/dice the 4000+ funds and export to a spreadsheet if desired.

I don't know how a self directed active fund investor decides what active funds to buy, but I'd guess such a person would do most of their analysis outside of the MFW site, then take a short list into the MFW to see what's available.

If someone's fund selection strategy is to go into the MFW and sort by highest YTD performance once can do that, too.
ikowik

Post by ikowik »

With some trepidation, I tried to create new login credentials at TSP, using Mozilla Firefox. Went smoothly to my pleasant surprise.

Remarks one some points raised by other posters:
-I elected to proceed with online verification, rather than wait for PIN by mail.
- I was asked for my Account number early on, in addition to last four of SSN, date of birth. And not asked any other verification questions.
-Then had to enter a verification code sent by text message to my cell phone (no problem with accepting the cell number. I do not use VOIP).
- I elected to download Okta Verify for 2-FA. Set up and acceptance went smoothly.

-Then had to set up and answer two security questions, each requires answers that are 8+ characters long

Then I was logged out and asked to log back in

I had saved my username and password in 1Password, so used it and was able to log in. No Okta verification was asked for this time!

Yes, the website looks a bit strange, I will get used to it. Could find all my information, funds, numbers were correct; and my beneficiaries were intact.

Lastly, there is a clear Logout button (not the Lock account one!). Click on the middle icon on top right (person), and one option is Logout.

So, overall it looks like they are ironing out some bugs.
Bogle64Pilot

Post by Bogle64Pilot »

Just signed up for the new website. That portion went very smoothly. However, the website is absolutely horrendous once in. They couldn’t have purposely made it worse!

My beneficiaries are not correct. I still have the records and on the old website I had my wife 100% and the contingent beneficiary my RLT. The RLT is nowhere to be found on this new system.
HeelaMonster

Post by HeelaMonster »

Johnfmh wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:56 am
HeelaMonster wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:55 pm I am also having trouble logging in, though not exactly what/how I see described by others...

I have completed the set up of new account, passing through each of the 6 (or so) steps without any problems. However, once this set up is complete, it refuses to recognize my newly established credentials (username and password), so that login fails. I have worked through the help screens, tried clearing history, cache, cookies, etc. Have also rebooted and tried using Edge rather than Chrome (which is what I have always used to access TSP). Nothing works, login fails. There is, however, no message that account is locked.

Any suggestions? I can't believe they're going to make me call in to re-establish access. :annoyed
Exactly what happened to me. I am waiting a few weeks to try and fix it. Hopefully by then it will be easier to get hold of a person by phone.
P.S., On a whim, I tried again (setting up new account from scratch) using a 10 year old computer I had sitting on the shelf. This time it worked, taking me all the way through additional steps I wasn't presented yesterday, and I am now successfully logged in. I have to conclude that there were some settings in currently-used laptop (a government-issued model, ironically) that prevented me from completing the set up(?).

Have to agree with the negative reviews above. Revamped website is horrible. Among other things, they have wiped out existing beneficiary info, so I had to re-enter that (complete with recruiting an independent third party to serve as "witness" and confirm beneficiary via email). I can already picture survivors being surprised down the road, discovering too late that beneficiary designations were missing and retiree never realized. This has all been poorly executed on the part of TSP.
yolli71

Post by yolli71 »

HeelaMonster wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:55 pm

P.S., On a whim, I tried again (setting up new account from scratch) using a 10 year old computer I had sitting on the shelf. This time it worked, taking me all the way through additional steps I wasn't presented yesterday, and I am now successfully logged in. I have to conclude that there were some settings in currently-used laptop (a government-issued model, ironically) that prevented me from completing the set up(?).

Have to agree with the negative reviews above. Revamped website is horrible. Among other things, they have wiped out existing beneficiary info, so I had to re-enter that (complete with recruiting an independent third party to serve as "witness" and confirm beneficiary via email). I can already picture survivors being surprised down the road, discovering too late that beneficiary designations were missing and retiree never realized. This has all been poorly executed on the part of TSP.
The new site also wiped out my beneficiaries and wouldn't allow me to enter them, so as of now I have no beneficiaries listed. However, I think I also read that beneficiaries will go by a certain order unless you say otherwise. It said spouse first, kids 2nd, parents 3rd (I think), and so on. So if this just happens to be the exact setup I want, do I even need to fill out the beneficiaries section?
quietseas

Post by quietseas »

I'm wondering if those who had the beneficiaries wiped submitted the designation form many years ago? I redid mine about 3 years ago and it transitioned over.
calmaniac

Post by calmaniac »

Tried logging in with Mac Safari web browser --> did not accept the text PIN --> failure

Tried logging in with Chrome browser --> success

Beneficiaries correctly noted, G-Fund allocation more or less correctly noted

Pretty useless website. I expect this is not the final product and there will be substantial improvements in the coming weeks and months.

All the gnashing of teeth around the transition is not surprising.

Patience is a virtue.
"Pretired", working 20 h/wk. AA 75/25: 30% TSM, 19% value (VFVA/AVUV), 18% Int'l LC, 8% emerging, 25% GFund/VBTLX. Military pension ≈60% of expenses. Pension+SS@age 70 ≈100% of expenses.
HeelaMonster

Post by HeelaMonster »

yolli71 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:29 am
HeelaMonster wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:55 pm P.S., On a whim, I tried again (setting up new account from scratch) using a 10 year old computer I had sitting on the shelf. This time it worked, taking me all the way through additional steps I wasn't presented yesterday, and I am now successfully logged in. I have to conclude that there were some settings in currently-used laptop (a government-issued model, ironically) that prevented me from completing the set up(?).

The new site also wiped out my beneficiaries and wouldn't allow me to enter them, so as of now I have no beneficiaries listed. However, I think I also read that beneficiaries will go by a certain order unless you say otherwise. It said spouse first, kids 2nd, parents 3rd (I think), and so on. So if this just happens to be the exact setup I want, do I even need to fill out the beneficiaries section?
Yes, I believe that is the case. Now that you mention, I recall seeing some suggestion (perhaps here on BH, or the old TSP site?) that you may be better off NOT designating specific beneficiaries, if you want to accept/follow the default order.
supertreat

Post by supertreat »

Apparently with the update they did not import any historical financial activity or previous statements? I'm wondering how we can get access to our previous statements.
Assets - Liabilities = Equity + (Income - Expenses)
mhlambert

Post by mhlambert »

I was able to login using the mailed one time passcode. It came surprisingly fast - less than a week.

I was disappointed to see that after all this "upgrading" there still appears to be no support for Yubikey or other hardware token. IMO the best 2FA method available. SMS is insufficient for such an important account.
Last edited by mhlambert on Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cobra Commander

yolli71 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:29 am
HeelaMonster wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:55 pm

I am not sure whether the default beneficiaries in the TSP are set by statute or regulation or otherwise; but, the issue with not designating any beneficiaries is if the default changes in the future via legislation or rulemaking the arrangement you wanted may no longer apply.
Cobra Commander

mhlambert wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:08 pm I was able to login using the mailed one time passcode. It came surprisingly fast - less than a week.

I was disappointed to see that after all this "upgrading" there still appears to be no support for Yubikey or other hardware token. IMO the best 2FA method available. SMS is a joke for such an important account.
I think I am going to try using the mailed passcode. I am a little concerned that none of the verification questions apply to me so I am hoping that some other person is not associated with my account now.
wander

Post by wander »

Does anyone get "403 Forbidden" message when login? This login issue becomes ridiculous.
HeelaMonster

Post by HeelaMonster »

Cobra Commander wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:08 pm
yolli71 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:29 am The new site also wiped out my beneficiaries and wouldn't allow me to enter them, so as of now I have no beneficiaries listed. However, I think I also read that beneficiaries will go by a certain order unless you say otherwise. It said spouse first, kids 2nd, parents 3rd (I think), and so on. So if this just happens to be the exact setup I want, do I even need to fill out the beneficiaries section?
I am not sure whether the default beneficiaries in the TSP are set by statute or regulation or otherwise; but, the issue with not designating any beneficiaries is if the default changes in the future via legislation or rulemaking the arrangement you wanted may no longer apply.
IANAL, but I believe the default order of beneficiaries (for government employees) is established by this law:

5 U.S. Code § 5582 - Designation of beneficiary; order of precedence
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/5/5582

.... which is reflected in the order published by TSP:
https://www.tsp.gov/tsp-basics/designat ... ficiaries/

That order may match what many people want to follow, but there will also be many people whose wishes do not align with that default, and they should designate their own beneficiaries.
MsRenay

Post by MsRenay »

Beyond frustrated🤬🤬🤬
For the past 2 days I have not have any success trying to upload my photo IDs. Driver's license nor passport are considered clear enough for this server to accept them and I'm beyond my wits with this I called the thrift line number. On hold for 1½ hour then I spoke to the person for another half an hour for them to tell me that they can't help with uploading of the photos I have to try to take better pictures and upload them myself.
My question is why are some of us required to upload a photo for identification and other people can sign in with the new account without having to upload any photo IDs?
randybobandy

Post by randybobandy »

Logged in a few days ago. No issues with the process, took about 5 minutes.

-RBB
Grammar and spelling matter. | Quoting the OP isn't a necessity.
brad.clarkston

Post by brad.clarkston »

Just to stir the pot a little bit ...

The company that won the TSP award 'Accenture Federal Services LLC' has a total award price over the lifetime of the contract for $3327767502.18 possible payment. So hopefully the experience gets better over time.

I was joking with the wife that the Treasury KO that cut the contract probably did an easy lowest bidder award. She didn't think it was as funny as I did.
70% AVGE | 20% FXNAX | 10% T-Bill/Muni
egri

Post by egri »

I tried it the first day, thought it sucked, then figured maybe I just needed to get used it it. I've logged in a few times since, and I think they are trying to screw it up so badly that they'll get a second contract to fix all the issues from the first one.
brad.clarkston

Post by brad.clarkston »

egri wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:00 pm I tried it the first day, thought it sucked, then figured maybe I just needed to get used it it. I've logged in a few times since, and I think they are trying to screw it up so badly that they'll get a second contract to fix all the issues from the first one.
More than likely they got a big DB or DB's from the last contract owner and need to pile it into there new system. Granted they had since Nov of last year to get it all working but the companies next worth is about $8bil so they should be able to pull it together. This looks to be the biggest gov contract they have on the books.

Hopefully this all gets better over the next few months otherwise the TSP control board is going to get a earful.
tkleo

Post by tkleo »

My wife and I had different experiences - hers 10 minutes, mine 2 days. I figured I would tempt fate and try to logon via an aggregator but have not had any luck.

Has anyone been successful using an aggregator service with the new TSP logon? I am specifically using E-Money.

:sharebeer
yakers

Post by yakers »

mokaThought wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:49 am Just got it set up with my and my wife's accounts. The interface is a whole lot of fluff without substance, but the big plus is Okta Verify 2FA.

But apparently setting beneficiaries requires a witness?? :annoyed

There isn't an apparent way of seeing what funds are available in the Mutual Fund Window without enrolling, and the enrollment form isn't letting me check the boxes needed to enroll (purely out of curiosity). It isn't clear whether the investor gets instantaneously charged $150 for the enrollment or whatnot.

---

Update: You have to click the links to enable the checkboxes on the enrollment form. But I seriously don't want to throw $150 away just to look at a funds list. :oops:

Yes, what is an appropriate emoji/expression that willn't get mod deleted?

How can they not pick up that wife was already beneficiary from previous system?
yakers

Post by yakers »

quietseas wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:36 am I'm wondering if those who had the beneficiaries wiped submitted the designation form many years ago? I redid mine about 3 years ago and it transitioned over.
Can't remember how far back designation was made, maybe 14 years when I retired.But...it was showing correctly on previous system, why not transfer?
observing

Post by observing »

yakers wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:25 pm
mokaThought wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:49 am Just got it set up with my and my wife's accounts. The interface is a whole lot of fluff without substance, but the big plus is Okta Verify 2FA.

There isn't an apparent way of seeing what funds are available in the Mutual Fund Window without enrolling, and the enrollment form isn't letting me check the boxes needed to enroll (purely out of curiosity). It isn't clear whether the investor gets instantaneously charged $150 for the enrollment or whatnot.

---

Update: You have to click the links to enable the checkboxes on the enrollment form. But I seriously don't want to throw $150 away just to look at a funds list. :oops:

Yes, what is an appropriate emoji/expression that willn't get mod deleted?

How can they not pick up that wife was already beneficiary from previous system?
Well, in my case, I looked at my personal information on the website and it said that my spouse is "not on file" and it's not editable by the user. I suspect that information got wiped out along with the beneficiary info.
Blues

Post by Blues »

My spouse is correctly listed on the new site as beneficiary...and, fwiw, I signed up for the TSP in 1984.

(That said, they didn't have any of the other fields completed regarding her contact info.)

At least they had my "G Fund" balance correct. 8-)
Bogle64Pilot

Post by Bogle64Pilot »

brad.clarkston wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:26 pm I was joking with the wife that the Treasury KO that cut the contract probably did an easy lowest bidder award. She didn't think it was as funny as I did.
This was 100% LPTA no way they did best value.
brad.clarkston

Post by brad.clarkston »

Bogle64Pilot wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:59 pm
brad.clarkston wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:26 pm I was joking with the wife that the Treasury KO that cut the contract probably did an easy lowest bidder award. She didn't think it was as funny as I did.
This was 100% LPTA no way they did best value.
My wife is a KO for the Interior and has worked in most of the other agencies (US Core Eng the longest) and I like to rib her about being the "man" but you would be surprised how often lazy bureaucrats gets away with it on smaller dollar amounts.

EDIT: I guess I should clarify, I'm not saying my wife cuts corners but she's reviewed some bad ones over the years.
She does very large congressional contracts larger than this one so she gets audited and I have to submit my financials yearly.
beck02

Post by beck02 »

I agree with the need to vent statements. I hate the new system; I don't see any improvements. Takes 2 or 3 clicks to see your actual balance. Hate the constant security questions--thought those would never be used so didn't really answer them with much care. Most of them sucked anyway, like who is your favorite sports team? And I think the answers have to be a certain format (like no 1 word answers etc). Since I don't have a fav. sports team & all the other questions were similar, my answers to questions like these are never easy to remember.

It didn't pull over ANY info from the old system, like your lifetime contributions. Or maybe that will eventually show up--I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

When I went to create my account, it refused to accept my full first name. On a whim I tried just my initial and it worked, so dang it, I guess that works for now. I've never logged myself out of the old system, and have managed to lock myself out twice with this one because it's so awkward for the log in. At least it will unlock your account in about 30 minutes for you to try again.

Like the vanguard system, eventually I'll get used to it.
f35phixer

Post by f35phixer »

just to add frustration !!!

I'm done, going to transfer to fidelity, start the form and then get popup that I have a HOLD on account (so that's a good thing, moved that over but not beneficiary's ;-( ) call the number and work through all options, thanks you, approximate wait time is 71 minutes... They have new feature account lock.....

HUNG UP...
cvn74n2

Post by cvn74n2 »

I just set up my new login with no issues - took about 10 minutes. Once in, I played around and found the website is just OK (desktop only user). While the account balances are accurate, missing is all my old account information - the site only shows info from 31 May forward. I suspect they will be backloading the old data over time on a not-to-interfere basis (think weekend nights and federal holidays). Also missing are some of the old tools like the annuity calculator. I liked having that tool readily available even without logging in to get a sense of what are return possibilities. As the backloading progresses, the site matures, and I become accustomed to the navigation, it will be fine. If/when I decide to consolidate all retirement accounts or start taking payments, I believe the new procedures will fix the old headaches of having paperwork notarized. Finally, a major FRTIB acknowledged issue was not addressed again - the ability to convert traditional TSP monies to Roth TSP. Perhaps the new hardware/software framework will allow this in the near/mid-future (there are no policies/laws in place preventing the conversion to my knowledge).
mokaThought

Post by mokaThought »

cvn74n2 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:41 am I just set up my new login with no issues - took about 10 minutes. Once in, I played around and found the website is just OK (desktop only user). While the account balances are accurate, missing is all my old account information - the site only shows info from 31 May forward. I suspect they will be backloading the old data over time on a not-to-interfere basis (think weekend nights and federal holidays). Also missing are some of the old tools like the annuity calculator. I liked having that tool readily available even without logging in to get a sense of what are return possibilities. As the backloading progresses, the site matures, and I become accustomed to the navigation, it will be fine. If/when I decide to consolidate all retirement accounts or start taking payments, I believe the new procedures will fix the old headaches of having paperwork notarized. Finally, a major FRTIB acknowledged issue was not addressed again - the ability to convert traditional TSP monies to Roth TSP. Perhaps the new hardware/software framework will allow this in the near/mid-future (there are no policies/laws in place preventing the conversion to my knowledge).
That is a really good point about Roth conversion. Guess I’m just conditioned not to expect it.
"October: This is one of the peculiarly dangerous months to speculate in stocks. The others are July, January, September, April, November, May, March, June, December, August and February."
yakers

Post by yakers »

mokaThought wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:10 am
FWIW, I got through just fine with Chrome on Windows. The site’s behavior is just remarkably inconsistent between users.
Could not log in with Safari on Mac OS but Firefox worked. Next day I was able to log in with Safari
Texgal17

Post by Texgal17 »

I had to call the Thriftline today, on hold for just over an hour. I had not received my monthly disbursement that is normally sent on the 4th of every month. I was told any monthly payments will now be sent on the 15th of the month. I don’t remember reading about this prior to the switch. I had no issues setting up my login account, so that was a plus. I agree with others on disliking this new interface. Oh well, I’ll guess I’ll get used to it. 😏
nickd3463

Post by nickd3463 »

Does anyone know when the MWF transactions execute? I have money in the MWF already. If I bought a fund at, say 2pm today, would it buy the closing price of the fund today? The MWF website does not say when they execute transactions. I'm new to mutual funds, never bought one before. Only know about stocks.

I'm used to TSP, where I need to submit interfund transaction before 12pm and it will execute at end of day.

If no one knows, I guess I will do a small transaction, like buy a fund for $1K at 2pm tomorrow and see when it executes.
LifeOfRiley

Post by LifeOfRiley »

When you log in to My Account, you can access your year-to-date contributions for 2022. By mid-June, you’ll be able to access ending account balances for the years 2012 to 2021.

You can find account statements that post after June 1, 2022 in the Secure Participant Mailbox in My Account. You’ll also receive your annual statement by mail. If you would like to receive all your statements by mail, you can change your communication preferences in My Account or by calling the ThriftLine.

Your other historical documents and messages prior to June 1, 2022 did not transfer to the new My Account from the legacy system. If you need access to your historical account documents, you can call the ThriftLine.

Please ensure your beneficiary designation is up to date in My Account. It’s important to determine who should receive your TSP savings when you die. For us to honor your beneficiary designation, it must be on file with us at the time of your death. We cannot honor a will or any other document.
mokaThought

Post by mokaThought »

LifeOfRiley wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:08 am From: https://www.tsp.gov/new-tsp-features/known-issues/

When you log in to My Account, you can access your year-to-date contributions for 2022. By mid-June, you’ll be able to access ending account balances for the years 2012 to 2021.

You can find account statements that post after June 1, 2022 in the Secure Participant Mailbox in My Account. You’ll also receive your annual statement by mail. If you would like to receive all your statements by mail, you can change your communication preferences in My Account or by calling the ThriftLine.

Your other historical documents and messages prior to June 1, 2022 did not transfer to the new My Account from the legacy system. If you need access to your historical account documents, you can call the ThriftLine.

Please ensure your beneficiary designation is up to date in My Account. It’s important to determine who should receive your TSP savings when you die. For us to honor your beneficiary designation, it must be on file with us at the time of your death. We cannot honor a will or any other document.
Thanks for posting this.

Nice spin with the beneficiaries. :-/
HeelaMonster

Post by HeelaMonster »

For those who have checked out "Your Investment Strategy" tab in new format....

Is it safe to assume that Cash = G Fund = Cash? I had everything in G Fund prior to account conversion, but now it is showing only as "Cash."
wander

Post by wander »

- We'd like to see how many shares that we current own so I thought I could find it in "Account Summary", but it was not there. What the heck.
- Go back to Home screen, I now see a grey drop down button next to "Balance"; click on it to open a small window, I then see a button labeled "investment details". The number of shares are hidden underneath of that button.
I think whoever is developing the web site does not understand user's needs. :confused
rkhusky

Post by rkhusky »

HeelaMonster wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:03 pm For those who have checked out "Your Investment Strategy" tab in new format....

Is it safe to assume that Cash = G Fund = Cash? I had everything in G Fund prior to account conversion, but now it is showing only as "Cash."
G Fund is cash-like, in that principal isn’t affected by interest rates, but the interest rate is similar to intermediate bonds. The holdings are special bonds available only to the TSP.