BofA custom category credit card 2% bonus bonus.

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills.
Topic Author
Figuring_it_out

BofA custom category credit card 2% bonus bonus.

Post by Figuring_it_out »

I just got the email below.

It looks like from now to the end of 2022 i get and extra 2% on top of the 3% category that my preferred customer status raises to 5.25%. 7.25% total!!! wow!

Even for the 1% stuff it is now 3%. Hello taxes and insurance payments. :).

Anyone find anything in the fine print that is a gottcha?

================

Great news

Now through December 31, 2022 you'll earn an additional 2% cash back on net purchases made with your Bank of America® Customized Cash Rewards Visa Signature® credit card. That's on top of the rewards you’re already earning with no limit to the additional 2% cash back you can earn with this offer.

No enrollment is necessary. Simply use your card for purchases to start earning your extra rewards.

Go to my rewards

Maximize your cash back

Remember, you earn 3% cash back in the category of your choice. To change your choice category for future purchases, you must go to Online Banking, or use the Mobile Banking app. You can change it once each calendar month, or make no change and it stays the same.

Update your choice category

Get more out of every purchase

Preferred Rewards members earn 25%-75% more cash back on every purchase. That means the 3% choice category could go up to 5.25% and the 2% at grocery stores and wholesale clubs could go up to 3.5%, for the first $2,500 in combined choice category/grocery store/wholesale club purchases each quarter, and the 1% for all other purchases could go up to 1.75%.

Not enrolled? Learn more about Preferred Rewards >
anon_investor

Re: BofA custom category credit card 2% bonus bonus.

Post by anon_investor »

Figuring_it_out wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 9:12 pm I just got the email below.

It looks like from now to the end of 2022 i get and extra 2% on top of the 3% category that my preferred customer status raises to 5.25%. 7.25% total!!! wow!

Even for the 1% stuff it is now 3%. Hello taxes and insurance payments. :).

Anyone find anything in the fine print that is a gottcha?

================

Great news

Now through December 31, 2022 you'll earn an additional 2% cash back on net purchases made with your Bank of America® Customized Cash Rewards Visa Signature® credit card. That's on top of the rewards you’re already earning with no limit to the additional 2% cash back you can earn with this offer.

No enrollment is necessary. Simply use your card for purchases to start earning your extra rewards.

Go to my rewards

Maximize your cash back

Remember, you earn 3% cash back in the category of your choice. To change your choice category for future purchases, you must go to Online Banking, or use the Mobile Banking app. You can change it once each calendar month, or make no change and it stays the same.

Update your choice category

Get more out of every purchase

Preferred Rewards members earn 25%-75% more cash back on every purchase. That means the 3% choice category could go up to 5.25% and the 2% at grocery stores and wholesale clubs could go up to 3.5%, for the first $2,500 in combined choice category/grocery store/wholesale club purchases each quarter, and the 1% for all other purchases could go up to 1.75%.

Not enrolled? Learn more about Preferred Rewards >
Wish I received such an email...
tj

Post by tj »

Lucky you. I have several cards enrolled in preferred rewards but received no such email. Was this an active or inactive card for you?
ZinCO

Post by ZinCO »

I got it on a Travel Rewards card that I hadn't used since January. Makes it a 4.6% everywhere card for me with no effective limit. First thing that came to mind for me was tax payments...
Marseille07

Post by Marseille07 »

ZinCO wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 9:57 pm I got it on a Travel Rewards card that I hadn't used since January. Makes it a 4.6% everywhere card for me with no effective limit. First thing that came to mind for me was tax payments...
That's a crazy deal, lucky you. Although...I guess they're capping it till EOY 2022.
Last edited by Marseille07 on Sat May 21, 2022 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Topic Author
Figuring_it_out

Post by Figuring_it_out »

tj wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 9:45 pm Lucky you. I have several cards enrolled in preferred rewards but received no such email. Was this an active or inactive card for you?
It was inactive but with the USAA 2.5% card going away I was switching everything to the BofA customized cash and the unlimited cash rewards cards.

My original plan was to use the customized cash card with the preferred reward status to create a 2.6% card to replace the USAA.
In tandem I would used the Customized cash 3% for online purchases which gets boosted to 5.25% Better than amazon and walmart.

Now its looking like I can add 2% to the customized cash for 3% on everything and 7.25% on online purchases. Looks too good to be true. Waiting to find a gottcha.
Marseille07

Post by Marseille07 »

Figuring_it_out wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 10:06 pm
tj wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 9:45 pm Lucky you. I have several cards enrolled in preferred rewards but received no such email. Was this an active or inactive card for you?
It was inactive but with the USAA 2.5% card going away I was switching everything to the BofA customized cash and the unlimited cash rewards cards.

My original plan was to use the customized cash card with the preferred reward status to create a 2.6% card to replace the USAA.
In tandem I would used the Customized cash 3% for online purchases which gets boosted to 5.25% Better than amazon and walmart.

Now its looking like I can add 2% to the customized cash for 3% on everything and 7.25% on online purchases. Looks too good to be true. Waiting to find a gottcha.
It's timed. Now through December 31, 2022 it says.
ZinCO

Post by ZinCO »

Marseille07 wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 10:04 pm
ZinCO wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 9:57 pm I got it on a Travel Rewards card that I hadn't used since January. Makes it a 4.6% everywhere card for me with no effective limit. First thing that came to mind for me was tax payments...
That's a crazy deal, lucky you. Although...I guess they're capping it till EOY 2022.
Correct about only through EOY 2022. What I meant was unlike the CCR, which is limited to $2500/qtr on bonus categories (then 1% above that amount I think?), the TR has no limit to the amount of spend you can earn 2.625% on, so it's basically 4.6% on as much as I can spend for the next 7 months. I can pay a LOT of taxes over that period of time.
Marseille07

Post by Marseille07 »

ZinCO wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 10:31 pm Correct about only through EOY 2022. What I meant was unlike the CCR, which is limited to $2500/qtr on bonus categories (then 1% above that amount I think?), the TR has no limit to the amount of spend you can earn 2.625% on, so it's basically 4.6% on as much as I can spend for the next 7 months. I can pay a LOT of taxes over that period of time.
The only caveat is that you can apply points on certain items, such as travel & dining. I have one big travel expense and have been applying points on it for months :D.
ZinCO

Post by ZinCO »

Marseille07 wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 10:36 pm
ZinCO wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 10:31 pm Correct about only through EOY 2022. What I meant was unlike the CCR, which is limited to $2500/qtr on bonus categories (then 1% above that amount I think?), the TR has no limit to the amount of spend you can earn 2.625% on, so it's basically 4.6% on as much as I can spend for the next 7 months. I can pay a LOT of taxes over that period of time.
The only caveat is that you can apply points on certain items, such as travel & dining. I have one big travel expense and have been applying points on it for months :D.
Or transfer the points to a Premium Rewards card and you can redeem as statement credit.