Vanguard's new mobile app (formerly known as "Beacon")

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Nate79

Re: "Beacon," Vanguard's new mobile app

Post by Nate79 »

Da5id wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:00 am
Nate79 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:53 am I've never understood this philosophy of rarely looking at accounts and it certainly does not represent a majority on this site (there have been whole threads on this one topic many times in the past). Personally I would be embarrassed to manage my accounts like that.
Why embarrassed? I think for some it is helpful to ignore the noise by not becoming obsessing about the daily swings in their account balances. Why is logging in your accounts frequently a sign of *good* management? I do have alerts on my Vanguard account for transactions, so if there were an identity theft type issue I'd get notified immediately.

I'd not brag about looking at my accounts seldom, but as above I log into Vanguard about once a month to update my holdings in Quicken. Don't need a phone app to optimize that process.
Not checking accounts on a frequent basis in my book is either lazy, ignorance or done due to lack of control. But I don't hide behind these false sense of securities but instead try to learn and fix the problem by taking responsibility. But I guess if someone just can't control their actions then they should put in place barriers to prevent their bad actions.
Da5id

Post by Da5id »

Nate79 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:46 am
Nate79 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:53 am I've never understood this philosophy of rarely looking at accounts and it certainly does not represent a majority on this site (there have been whole threads on this one topic many times in the past). Personally I would be embarrassed to manage my accounts like that.
Why embarrassed? I think for some it is helpful to ignore the noise by not becoming obsessing about the daily swings in their account balances. Why is logging in your accounts frequently a sign of *good* management? I do have alerts on my Vanguard account for transactions, so if there were an identity theft type issue I'd get notified immediately.

I'd not brag about looking at my accounts seldom, but as above I log into Vanguard about once a month to update my holdings in Quicken. Don't need a phone app to optimize that process.
Not checking accounts on a frequent basis in my book is either lazy, ignorance or done due to lack of control. But I don't hide behind these false sense of securities but instead try to learn and fix the problem by taking responsibility. But I guess if someone just can't control their actions then they should put in place barriers to prevent their bad actions.
Seems incredibly judgmental and somewhat rude to boot. Tell me, SPECIFICALLY what I'd gain by logging in and checking my accounts frequently. I'm in early retirement, have "enough", and have no need to do anything with my accounts.
EnjoyIt

Post by EnjoyIt »

Ice-9 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:39 am I am sorry all of these Vanguard app users appear to have to deal with a bad app. The complaints sound valid.

However, the interest on this forum sort of surprises me. My Boglehead forum and book reading has taught me over the years that the number of transactions (and thus number of times I need to log into my Vanguard account) are very limited being a passive investor. Because of this, long ago I decided I can be extra secure and commit to only logging into my Vanguard account from a specific (actually virtual) machine, as I don't need ubiquitous access anyway. Therefore, I have never downloaded the Vanguard app.

Just somewhat surprised mobile access to Vanguard is so important to members of a forum where posters (including me) routinely humble brag about how little they look at their accounts?
I don't look at my account every day, but I do check the prices of the funds I have daily. What do I do with that info? Absolutely nothing. But, by looking every day for decades, I have become accustomed to market volatility. I have watched my account plummet 1 month's wages in a single day without even a worry. I have watched my account plummet a year's worth of spending in a day or two, and again, I'm used to it, it is has happened before and it will happen again. I'm accustomed to the volatility by seeing it happen so often.
A time to EVALUATE your jitters: | viewtopic.php?p=1139732#p1139732
exodusNH

Post by exodusNH »

Da5id wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:54 am
Nate79 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:46 am

Seems incredibly judgmental and somewhat rude to boot. Tell me, SPECIFICALLY what I'd gain by logging in and checking my accounts frequently. I'm in early retirement, have "enough", and have no need to do anything with my accounts.
Exactly! And for someone still accumulating and under 59.5, what the point of stressing out about what the 401k is doing. There is basically no value to that information on a regular basis.
heartwood

Post by heartwood »

BitTooAggressive wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:28 am
CorradoJr wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:57 am How do I log out of the app? I searched and tapped everywhere...?

anyone know?
Yes you have to click the support tab on the bottom. That is where it is hidden. I gave feedback on that via the app. They probably look at all the complaints and just laugh.

Don’t feel bad it took me a while to find it.
You can log out, but I'm unable to log on to a different account with a different username/PW using the app.

I have both a personal account and an LLC account each with its unique username and unique PW. I log out. I launch the app and it goes back to the account I used when I first set up the fingerprint access. I've tried the "use PW" option when launching rather than fingerprint but it will not give me a screen to enter a user name. I flagged this to Vanguard several months ago.

So my wife can't use my phone to see her account either. All I can see is the LLC account with a warning that a "professional account" is not supported by the app yet, use the website.
Small Law Survivor

New Vanguard iOS mobile app not ready for prime time

Post by Small Law Survivor »

[This topic post has been moved into the existing thread on the Vanguard mobile app - Moderator Misenplace]

Just got upgraded to the new app, and I'm not liking it. Parts don't work (doesn't update outside accts or an inherited IRA), and I don't like the format - too much clutter/hard to read. Any way to roll back to the old app?
72 yrs. mostly-retired lawyer. Boglehead since day 1 (and M* Diehard long before that) under various names
Thesaints

Post by Thesaints »

retiringwhen wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:40 am Tim had been the Chief Information Officer of the company just before becoming CEO in 2018!
Ah! That explains a lot
retiringwhen

Post by retiringwhen »

Thesaints wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:52 pm
retiringwhen wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:40 am Tim had been the Chief Information Officer of the company just before becoming CEO in 2018!
Ah! That explains a lot
I have to make a small correction, he was Chief Information Officer from 2006-2013, and Chief Investment Officer from 2013-18 before becoming CEO. So his IT knowledge was a bit aged at the time. (I had the jobs reversed in my mind, but the interwebs corrected my memory!)
EnjoyIt

Post by EnjoyIt »

I wonder why some people have been forced to update while others have not?

I wonder why are they still forcing updates despite all the complaints?
Da5id

Post by Da5id »

EnjoyIt wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:13 am I wonder why some people have been forced to update while others have not?

I think once pushed by the App developer to the app store updates aren't under the control of the developer.
bertilak

Post by bertilak »

I'm with you on that.

I look at my accounts nearly every day. Quicken downloads it all every time I use the application. It would take a strong act of will NOT to look at the account balances. Much the same, I would not ignore the gas gauge in my car just because the car got good mileage. Nor would I tape over the warning lights just because Consumer Reports said the car was reliable. I would be embarrassed to drive my car like that,
May neither drought nor rain nor blizzard disturb the joy juice in your gizzard. -- Squire Omar Barker (aka S.O.B.), the Cowboy Poet
exodusNH

Post by exodusNH »

EnjoyIt wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:13 am I wonder why some people have been forced to update while others have not?

Someone's bonus is tied to it.

They're desperately trying to decommission the hardware and software supporting the old one.

I still have the old version since I stopped updates a long time ago. Starting yesterday, when I open it, it tells me there's a new version.
GreenGreenWater

Post by GreenGreenWater »

As a person who was involved with development/release with big V few years back, I wouldn't use any apps developed and released in haste. I will stick with web for now - even web doesn't get enough updates :-(
stan1

Post by stan1 »

exodusNH wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:26 am

They're desperately trying to decommission the hardware and software supporting the old one.

I still have the old version since I stopped updates a long time ago. Starting yesterday, when I open it, it tells me there's a new version.
We are talking about Vanguard. Since Jack Bogle founded Vanguard they have been laser focused on lowering costs. Of course the new app is going to be cheaper to develop, maintain and operate. Would one expect anything else from Vanguard?
Thesaints

Post by Thesaints »

stan1 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:34 am

We are talking about Vanguard. Since Jack Bogle founded Vanguard they have been laser focused on lowering costs. Of course the new app is going to be cheaper to develop, maintain and operate. Would one expect anything else from Vanguard?
Somehow I think that developing the new app costed more than maintaining the old one. As somebody already wrote, it is corporate SOP to do useless, or even harmful, things in order to justify someone’s compensation.
exodusNH

Post by exodusNH »

I'm in the software field. I can tell you they spent a lot of money writing the new app, probably quite a bit more than planned.

Maybe, long term, it will be cheaper to maintain, but my guess, with almost 30 years of software development experience, is not. The mobile space moves too quickly. They will need to repeat the process in ~5 years. Maybe by then, the "new" app will be useful and we can argue about the quality of the new-new app.
stan1

Post by stan1 »

exodusNH wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:19 am

I'm in the software field. I can tell you they spent a lot of money writing the new app, probably quite a bit more than planned.

Maybe, long term, it will be cheaper to maintain, but my guess, with almost 30 years of software development experience, is not. The mobile space moves too quickly. They will need to repeat the process in ~5 years. Maybe by then, the "new" app will be useful and we can argue about the quality of the new-new app.
I have 30 years in IT management roles mostly with large, bureaucratic organizations. I have no doubt Vanguard did some sort of analysis of alternatives and business case analysis before they set off on this new app. They are a heavily regulated bureaucracy not a free wheeling privately held tech company. No one came in one morning and said "gee, our app is old and we should build a new one that will work better on an iPad. Let's do it, Joe and Mary you can start writing code this afternoon".

Rather, a team of MBAs, ops research analysts, or McKinsey-type consultants would have produced large amount of data showing how such an IT project would lead to lower lifecycle costs including porting to a platform that might be costly to maintain and would be supportable for X years. I'd fully expect the business case analysis justified fewer, lower cost developers that helped pay for the development costs because if I was hired as a consultant I'd know my income was dependent upon such a recommendation. Now of course whether those anticipated savings pan out is another matter. The consultants may have even recommended dropping certain capabilities from the app to make the project more affordable.
exodusNH

Post by exodusNH »

stan1 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:40 am
exodusNH wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:19 am

I have 30 years in IT management roles mostly with large, bureaucratic organizations. I have no doubt Vanguard did some sort of analysis of alternatives and business case analysis before they set off on this new app. They are a heavily regulated bureaucracy not a free wheeling privately held tech company. No one came in one morning and said "gee, our app is old and we should build a new one that will work better on an iPad. Let's do it, Joe and Mary you can start writing code this afternoon".

Rather, a team of MBAs, ops research analysts, or McKinsey-type consultants would have produced large amount of data showing how such an IT project would lead to lower lifecycle costs including porting of a platform that might be costly to maintain. I'd fully expect the business case analysis justified fewer, lower cost developers that helped pay for the development costs because if I was hired as a consultant I'd know my income was dependent upon such a recommendation. Now of course whether those anticipated savings pan out is another matter. The consultants may have even recommended dropping certain capabilities from the app to make the project more affordable.
Probably managed by Deloitte or Accenture... Worked farmed out overseas where things had to be redone 3x (but they're half the cost!!!).

I am still surprised we do things this way after all of this time. Tear down and rebuild just rediscovers all of the wacky business processes that need to be coded around, which is why you wound up in the mess in the first place.
retiringwhen

Post by retiringwhen »

stan1 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:40 am The consultants may have even recommended dropping certain capabilities from the app to make the project more affordable.
I am sure they did that!
stan1

Post by stan1 »

As for large type and scrolling intensive user interface, blame these boomers and the marketing types who perpetuate this:

anon_investor

Post by anon_investor »

retiringwhen wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:52 am
stan1 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:40 am The consultants may have even recommended dropping certain capabilities from the app to make the project more affordable.
I am sure they did that!
Meanwhile not hiring unnecessary consultants would have saved money too...

They could have just polled BHs and got more useful feedback...
stan1

Post by stan1 »

anon_investor wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:05 pm
I am sure they did that!

Well, Boglehead input would undoubtedly have given them a high cost, complicated app. Lots of capability to handle one off special cases made available to clients at no cost with the assumption other unidentified people with deep pockets would pay for development and lifecycle support because we like 3 basis point ETFs and complementary brokerage services.

Remember we are talking about the company that took away secure messaging to save money.
Last edited by stan1 on Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ice-9

Post by Ice-9 »

Just logged in and saw some of the responses regarding my comment about frequency of looking at accounts.

For the record, I too look at accounts more frequently than many on this forum probably would approve of based on comments I've seen. :D Probably log into Vanguard once or twice each week on my computer.

But I personally don't log in so frequently that I need it on my phone. And I consider each device I use to access these accounts another potential vector for a bad actor to try to access it, so I try to limit that. To each their own.
EnjoyIt

Post by EnjoyIt »

I am sure they did that!

For free.

Honestly though, I thought their old app works for all my needs. There is nothing so far I have done that the app could not do. My free advice is the same as Jack Bogles

'Don't Do Something, Just Stand There'
-Jack Bogle
anon_investor

Post by anon_investor »

EnjoyIt wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:16 pm
I am sure they did that!

For free.

Honestly though, I thought their old app works for all my needs. There is nothing so far I have done that the app could not do. My free advice is the same as Jack Bogles

'Don't Do Something, Just Stand There'
-Jack Bogle
+1. I was perfectly happy with the old app.
Galt guy

Post by Galt guy »

I was happy enough with the old app as well. They launched the new one without it being ready. On one inherited IRA account I get a "Coming Soon ... You'll be able to access details for this type of account in the app shortly. Until then, view your account details by visiting vanguard.com"
Small Law Survivor

Post by Small Law Survivor »

Galt guy wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:13 pm On one inherited IRA account I get a "Coming Soon ... You'll be able to access details for this type of account in the app shortly. Until then, view your account details by visiting vanguard.com"
I get this message for an inherited IRA and all "external" (non-Vanguard hosted) accounts. Sooooo irritating!
72 yrs. mostly-retired lawyer. Boglehead since day 1 (and M* Diehard long before that) under various names
heartwood

Post by heartwood »

Small Law Survivor wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:00 am
Galt guy wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:13 pm On one inherited IRA account I get a "Coming Soon ... You'll be able to access details for this type of account in the app shortly. Until then, view your account details by visiting vanguard.com"
I get this message for an inherited IRA and all "external" (non-Vanguard hosted) accounts. Sooooo irritating!
same message for my separate Vanguard internal LLC account: It logs on shows total account value and can do nothing, not even look at the details of the accounts.

Plus, a very big negative, I cannot do mobile check deposit. So I either mobile deposit to BOA and EFT to Vanguard or mail the check to Vanguard in El Paso.

And signed into the app for the LLC, I cannot log off and logon on to my other accounts. No way to enter a different user name,
anon_investor

Post by anon_investor »

heartwood wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:57 pm
same message for my separate Vanguard internal LLC account: It logs on shows total account value and can do nothing, not even look at the details of the accounts.

Plus, a very big negative, I cannot do mobile check deposit. So I either mobile deposit to BOA and EFT to Vanguard or mail the check to Vanguard in El Paso.

And signed into the app for the LLC, I cannot log off and logon on to my other accounts. No way to enter a different user name,
I think if you delete the app and reinstall it, then you can login to your other accounts again.
heartwood

Post by heartwood »

anon_investor wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:02 pm
heartwood wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:57 pm

I think if you delete the app and reinstall it, then you can login to your other accounts again.
I tried that and, at least for me, it did not work. The app is "bricked" for me.

Even if it worked it would mean I'd delete/reinstall every time I wanted to look at my personal accounts, and then delete/reinstall to look at the LLC accounts. And I still can't mobile check deposit to the LLC which is a big deal. Can't check mobile deposit to the personal accounts since I can't switch.

Thanks for the suggestion, but at least for me, it doesn't work.
fxstcrider

Post by fxstcrider »

I have a little bit of good news for iPad users. So far, the "Vanguard for iPad" app is still available in the Apple app store, and is still using the "old" style UI, rather than the Beacon-style UI. It also retains all of the old functionality that was there in the old app menu. When you go to the app store, you will see both the new (Beacon-style) app with the red V on a white button background, and the "old" Vanguard for iPad app with the white V on a red button background. If you liked the old version, choose the Vanguard for iPad app.

I also have another personal observation on the new Vanguard/Beacon app. I don't know if others have noticed this, or if there is something unique about my accounts at Vanguard, but in the performance/activity/balance charts, all of the numbers and charts are significantly incorrect for me. By significantly, I mean off by more than 200%! It doesn't matter which of those 3 tabs I choose, or which time-frame I choose (YTD, 1yr, 3yr, etc), the charts are just plain wrong. I have reported this multiple times over the last couple of months, thru the feedback form in the new app support tab, but I haven't heard anything back from anyone at Vanguard, and it hasn't been fixed in the last couple of revisions of the Beacon/beta version.
Cheez-It Guy

Post by Cheez-It Guy »

^Mine are wrong, but it's because it's aggregating all accounts for which I have agent access, most of which are hidden from my preferred view on the full website. The Beacon app has no way to select or hide certain accounts.
saintsfan342000

Post by saintsfan342000 »

Nate79 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:46 am Not checking accounts on a frequent basis in my book is either lazy, ignorance or done due to lack of control. But I don't hide behind these false sense of securities but instead try to learn and fix the problem by taking responsibility. But I guess if someone just can't control their actions then they should put in place barriers to prevent their bad actions.
I gain absolutely nothing by checking my accounts on occasions other than when I intend to transact or conduct other business. Checking for its own sake is a total time waste. If you’re only invested in broad indices, then tracking general market performance through the news is adequate.
Already impartial now...and you have a nice day.
stan1

Post by stan1 »

saintsfan342000 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:41 pm
Nate79 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:46 am Not checking accounts on a frequent basis in my book is either lazy, ignorance or done due to lack of control. But I don't hide behind these false sense of securities but instead try to learn and fix the problem by taking responsibility. But I guess if someone just can't control their actions then they should put in place barriers to prevent their bad actions.
I gain absolutely nothing by checking my accounts on occasions other than when I intend to transact or conduct other business. Checking for its own sake is a total time waste. If you’re only invested in broad indices, then tracking general market performance through the news is adequate.
Well in these days of automation, fraud, and cyber crime I do check at least once a week to make sure nothing is wrong. I don't want to put myself in a situation where I have to call Vanguard to say "hey, some of my shares went missing" and they say "well its been a year why aren't you letting us know in a timely manner something is wrong in your account?"
Maverick3320

Post by Maverick3320 »

Am I the only one that is experiencing constant crashes with the app? About 1/3 of the time I login it immediately just closes the entire app and "crashes" to my phone's home screen.
bondsr4me

Post by bondsr4me »

stan1 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:48 pm
Well in these days of automation, fraud, and cyber crime I do check at least once a week to make sure nothing is wrong. I don't want to put myself in a situation where I have to call Vanguard to say "hey, some of my shares went missing" and they say "well its been a year why aren't you letting us know in a timely manner something is wrong in your account?"
+100…..totally agree…not checking accounts AFAIC is a terrible idea.
Chan_va

Post by Chan_va »

My iOS vanguard app upgraded overnight to the dreaded new app. Now I can’t transact or do anything useful on the app ( am on the old mutual fund platform I guess). This is the straw that will break the camels back. Have been holding off on transferring out of vanguard due to sheer inertia.

Anyone know who is offering the best transfer bonuses right now?
exodusNH

Post by exodusNH »

Chan_va wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:00 am My iOS vanguard app upgraded overnight to the dreaded new app. Now I can’t transact or do anything useful on the app ( am on the old mutual fund platform I guess). This is the straw that will break the camels back. Have been holding off on transferring out of vanguard due to sheer inertia.

If you're on the old platform, you'll probably want to move to the brokerage platform, have Vanguard change whatever mutual funds they can to their ETF equivalents, then transfer out. Not all brokerages will transact Vanguard mutual funds for free.

I think Merrill is doing up to $750. Not sure of the thresholds. I don't have enough in taxable to get bonuses. I just see the offers when I log into the BoA site.
Da5id

Post by Da5id »

bondsr4me wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:22 am
stan1 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:48 pm
+100…..totally agree…not checking accounts AFAIC is a terrible idea.
If you are nervous about your account changing without you noticing, under settings on the website you can go to "Account activity and appointment alerts". Turn them all on -- I have them mostly all on. You can get email and/or texts on all sorts of account activity. So on asset transfers, account transactions, or account changes (like password or home address) I get notified. Seems adequate to me rather than feeling the need to remember to manually check the account weekly or more often.

I do log in once a month. But that is just to update Quicken with my distributions and such.
retire2022

Post by retire2022 »

Hi my Iphone SE2 touch ID stopped working today when I attempted to check balance.

I googled the instructions and found under settings the option to enable Touch ID disappeared.

I waited until this evening logged in using my password and went to settings and found the Touch ID reappeared and was disengaged.

They need to fire the Beacon Team and go back to old app.

Edit: After my kvetch (yiddish for complaint) Vanguard put up a message Touch ID is Currently Unavailable.
Sprucebark

Post by Sprucebark »

My app updated and now everything looks different. It must be this dreaded new app. It looks more “modern” but seems clunky at the same time. Definitely a downgrade. I have two accounts and the app is locked on one user name. No way to switch accounts. In the old app you could switch user names. I suppose you would have to delete the app and reinstall to change user names.
anon_investor

Post by anon_investor »

Chan_va wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:00 am My iOS vanguard app upgraded overnight to the dreaded new app. Now I can’t transact or do anything useful on the app ( am on the old mutual fund platform I guess). This is the straw that will break the camels back. Have been holding off on transferring out of vanguard due to sheer inertia.

It depends on the size of your portfolio. Schwab is know to match other companies' offers.
heartwood

Post by heartwood »

Sprucebark wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:44 am My app updated and now everything looks different. It must be this dreaded new app. It looks more “modern” but seems clunky at the same time. Definitely a downgrade. I have two accounts and the app is locked on one user name. No way to switch accounts. In the old app you could switch user names. I suppose you would have to delete the app and reinstall to change user names.
I tried uninstall/reinstall more than once. It didn't work for me. I'm stuck in my LLC account, no access to my main accounts via the app.

Pls let us know if uninstall/reinstall works for you.
EnjoyIt

Post by EnjoyIt »

I hope each and every one who complained on this thread wrote a review at their respective app store.
BitTooAggressive

Post by BitTooAggressive »

EnjoyIt wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:15 am I hope each and every one who complained on this thread wrote a review at their respective app store.
Go look and sort by most recent. It is scathing.
EnjoyIt

Post by EnjoyIt »

BitTooAggressive wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:18 am
EnjoyIt wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:15 am I hope each and every one who complained on this thread wrote a review at their respective app store.
Not scathing enough. It is still rated 4.7 because there are not enough negative reviews.

Personally, I think whoever is in charge of this mess needs to find work elsewhere.
heartwood

Post by heartwood »

EnjoyIt wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:56 am
Not scathing enough. It is still rated 4.7 because there are not enough negative reviews.

Personally, I think whoever is in charge of this mess needs to find work elsewhere.
the android version called simply "Vanguard" has 6k reviews averaging 1.8
Sprucebark

Post by Sprucebark »

heartwood wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:22 am
Sprucebark wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:44 am My app updated and now everything looks different. It must be this dreaded new app. It looks more “modern” but seems clunky at the same time. Definitely a downgrade. I have two accounts and the app is locked on one user name. No way to switch accounts. In the old app you could switch user names. I suppose you would have to delete the app and reinstall to change user names.
I tried uninstall/reinstall more than once. It didn't work for me. I'm stuck in my LLC account, no access to my main accounts via the app.

Pls let us know if uninstall/reinstall works for you.
I just tried it. So when you delete the app you need to be sure it is really deleted from your device (delete app and all the data). Then it’s gone / wiped from the device. When you reinstall it there is a normal login screen with a blank user name and blank password. It’s kind of obnoxious but that would be the way to do it if you wanted to jump around multiple accounts.
Matahari

Post by Matahari »

I was "forced" into the new mobile app as well. It was "just there," no clue when it happened!

They messed up Face ID:

Previously I could use Face ID to log in my own account -- easy peasy and I loved that.
Then, if I wanted to log in to another account, I could just hold my phone away from my face and type in the different log in, do the 2-step authentication, and I'm in -- also easy and smooth.

Now, I have to completely disable both FACE ID and "Remember me" in order to log in to more than account. At least that's what the new app indicates.

I hate the appearance and operations of the new app, so far. Why ever change what wasn't broken!?

Mobile Check deposits:

At least TODAY, I was able to make a mobile check deposit. But, the auto-photo feature (which seems nice to have at first glance) kept returning with the message of "signature not legible" (or something like that) regarding the check. It's the same signature I've used for dozens of prior mobile check deposits. I turned off the auto-photo feature, snapped front and back photos of my check manually and that worked immediately.
exodusNH

Post by exodusNH »

EnjoyIt wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:56 am

And they're riding on the rating coattail of the past app versions.