"Retired" Life Stage Virtual Chapter "Master Thread"

US Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements.
DFWBogleheads

Re: "Retired" Life Stage Virtual Chapter "Master Thread"

Post by DFWBogleheads »

The following meeting may also be of interest to many in the Retired Life Stage virtual chapter.
Note that the meeting is in two days.

The Pre/Early Retirement Life Stage chapter will be hosting a meeting on Wednesday, April 6, 2022, on Zoom, starting 7 PM (Central).

5 pm Pacific
6 pm Mountain
7 pm Central
8 pm Eastern

Topic: "Documenting Financial Information for Surviving Spouse/Executor"

In some cases, one spouse or partner handles most of the financial tasks. If this is true in your case, what can you document ahead of time to make things easier for your surviving spouse/partner to handle the finances should you pass away or become incapacitated.

Zoom presentation/meeting

The format of the meeting is as follows:

A series of slides will be presented with a list of points on a subtopic. After each slide we will open a discussion on the subtopic presented and participants may (either live on video or written in the chat window) offer their input/personal experience/ideas/questions/etc on that subtopic.

This meeting is not meant to present definitive answers on how to document things, but rather to offer a list of points for participants to research/reflect upon and figure out the best way for them to handle each issue.

Targeted audience: Pre/Early Retirement Life Stage (but useful for all life stages, as you never know what could happen unexpectedly at any age.)

You can RSVP for the meeting and submit questions here...

Please use this RSVP link

All responses are anonymous.

Zoom link

Meeting ID: 892 9264 0248
Passcode: 794093
One tap mobile
+13462487799,,89292640248#,,,,*794093# US (Houston)
+12532158782,,89292640248#,,,,*794093# US (Tacoma)

Dial by your location
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 892 9264 0248
Passcode: 794093
Find your local number: https://us06web.zoom.us/u/kbcWBz0tfi

The Pre/Early Retirement Life Stage Chapter Coordinators
Topic Author
sleepysurf

Post by sleepysurf »

Final reminder about our "Retired" Life Stage chapter meeting on Zoom, this coming Tue, April 12, starting...
5 PM Pacific | 6 PM Mountain | 7 PM Central | 8 PM Eastern, and running up to 2 hours.

Format: Open Q&A session discussing a variety of topics, such as...
  • How are you dealing with inflation and increased market volatility?
  • Have you made (or contemplated) any changes in your asset allocation and/or bond holdings?
  • What tools have you found most helpful for retirement planning?
  • Other (suggest in our RSVP Form).
Targeted audience: "Retired" Life Stage (but others always welcome)

To encourage open discussion (preferably with video), and protect participants privacy, the meeting will NOT be recorded. You can RSVP for the meeting and suggest additional topics for discussion here (all responses are anonymous)... RSVP Link

The Zoom link is posted on the BH Calendar of Events.

We're looking forward to a lively discussion!

-Chapter Co-Coordinators (Alan, Robert, Henry, and Raj)
Retired 2018 | currently ~64/33/3 (partially sliced and diced, with a slowly rising equity glide path)
Topic Author
sleepysurf

Post by sleepysurf »

FYI, there have been recent updates to Zoom, so make sure you're running the latest version for your computer, tablet, or smartphone... https://zoom.us/download
Retired 2018 | currently ~64/33/3 (partially sliced and diced, with a slowly rising equity glide path)
Topic Author
sleepysurf

Post by sleepysurf »

FYI, Zoom apparently is requiring a Passcode to access this meeting... Passcode 675152
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

The chat from last night's meeting has been posted in the blog. See: Virtual online chapter presentations (4/12/2022)

All personally identifiable information has been removed.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
Topic Author
sleepysurf

Post by sleepysurf »

Thanks LG! Even though the meeting was not recorded, the Chat still has some useful comments and links, albeit without full context.
Topic Author
sleepysurf

Post by sleepysurf »

FYI, there's a FREE Retirement Webinar streaming online Sat 5/14 from 11 AM - 6 PM (Eastern), hosted by Tom Cock and Don McDonald (from the "Boglehead-ish" Talking Real Money podcast, affiliated with Vestory Advisors and Dimensional)... https://retiremeet.com/

Guest speakers include Paul Merriman, and Apollo Lupesco (from Dimensional), and many others. Although likely promotional in nature, the topics being covered should be of interest to near and current retirees. Those in the Bellevue, WA area can attend in-person, for a small registration fee (covers lunch).
Topic Author
sleepysurf

Post by sleepysurf »

FYI, many of those in the "Retired" Life Stage may be interested in this upcoming meeting from the "Pre/Early Retirement" chapter...

The Pre/Early Retirement Life Stage chapter will be hosting a meeting on Wednesday, May 18, 2022, on Zoom, starting 7 PM (Central).

5 pm Pacific
6 pm Mountain
7 pm Central
8 pm Eastern

Topic: "Setting Your Children Up For Financial Success"

There are many things parents or guardians can do to help set their children up for financial success in life. We will be presenting topics regarding the financial education of young children to young adults. Since there is often no one way to do things that works for every child, participants are encouraged to share what has worked with their family, along with any successes/failures/lessons along the way.

This will be a Zoom presentation/meeting

The format of the meeting is as follows:

A series of slides will be presented with a list of points on a subtopic. After each slide we will open a discussion on the subtopic presented and participants may (either live on video or written in the chat window) offer their input/personal experience/ideas/questions/etc on that subtopic.

This meeting is not meant to present definitive answers on how to handle things, but rather to offer a list of points for participants to research/reflect upon and figure out the best way for them to handle each issue in their own family.

Targeted audience: anyone with children or planning to have children, or who just wants to listen in.

You can RSVP for the meeting and submit questions here... RSVP Link

All responses are anonymous.

Zoom link

Meeting ID: 854 8414 7948
Passcode: 338801
One tap mobile
+13462487799,,85484147948#,,,,*338801# US (Houston)
+12532158782,,85484147948#,,,,*338801# US (Tacoma)

Dial by your location
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
Meeting ID: 854 8414 7948
Passcode: 338801
Find your local number: https://us06web.zoom.us/u/kcfGwuf2Re

The Pre/Early Retirement Life Stage Chapter Coordinators
Topic Author
sleepysurf

Post by sleepysurf »

Reminder that the "Early/Pre Retirement" Chapter meeting about "Setting Your Children Up For Financial Success" is TOMORROW, Wednesday, May 18. Details in post above.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

The chapter series video is now on YouTube. See: Bogleheads® Chapter Series – Setting Your Children Up for Financial Success

Links to the slides and chat are in the show notes.

A concise summary of the chapters' meeting content is available in the blog: Virtual online chapter presentations

(Production of the Chapter Series videos is a group effort by several forum members. I only upload and publish the video on YouTube.)
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
Topic Author
sleepysurf

Post by sleepysurf »

FYI, the "Starting Out" and "Mid-Career/Accumulators" Life Stage Chapters will be hosting JL (Jim) Collins, author of "The Simple Path to Wealth," for an open Q&A Zoom meeting on Wed, June 15, 2022, at 8:00 pm ET

Although this program is designed for novice investors and mid-career accumulators, this will be a great session for the "Pre/Early" and "Retired" cohorts to share with children (even older grandchildren).

Questions can be submitted (anonymously) in advance HERE. The meeting is open to all Bogleheads, and RSVP's are not required to attend.

The Zoom link has been posted on the Bogleheads Calendar of Events. You might want to jot down the meeting ID and passcode just in case Zoom asks for it.
Topic Author
sleepysurf

Post by sleepysurf »

Our next "Retired" Life Stage Zoom meeting will be Wed, July 20, starting 8 PM (Eastern)
5 PM Pacific | 6 PM Mountain | 7 PM Central | 8 PM Eastern

Format: Open Q&A discussing whatever is on participants minds

To encourage open discussion (preferably with video), and protect participants privacy, the meeting will NOT be recorded. You can RSVP for the meeting and pre-submit questions/topics here (all responses are anonymous)... RSVP Link

The Zoom link will be posted in the BH Calendar of Events at least one week prior to the meeting.
Topic Author
sleepysurf

Post by sleepysurf »

Bumping this for visibility. See post above for full details, including the link to RSVP and pre-submit questions/topics. The Zoom link has been posted in the BH Calendar of Events and the BH Chapter Series Google Email Group. Instructions for subscribing to the latter can also be found on the BH Calendar of Events page.
Topic Author
sleepysurf

Post by sleepysurf »

FYI, Rob Berger just interviewed two investing "luminaries" on his YouTube channel, addressing a variety of topics relevant for retirees. Definitely worth watching prior to our meeting next Wed!
Bill Bengen's comments about his own "Risk Management" (aka "Market Timing") portfolio strategy is, surprisingly, very UN-Boglehead-ish. He apparently does not "eat his own cooking!"
boglehooligan

Post by boglehooligan »

sleepysurf wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:34 pm
Bill Bengen's comments about his own "Risk Management" (aka "Market Timing") portfolio strategy is, surprisingly, very UN-Boglehead-ish. He apparently does not "eat his own cooking!"
Yes I agree I was quite surprised by that :o
Zeno

Post by Zeno »

boglehooligan wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:07 pm
+1
Last edited by Zeno on Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CraigTester

Post by CraigTester »

Zeno wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:05 pm
+1

Pretty stunning. A very interesting investment of 90 minutes of my time this evening.

To summarize, I think I heard him say he was 50% cash plus 20% CDs — and this after an hour of defending the “4%/4.7% rule.”

I think I also heard him describe 3% as the “Methuselah”/PWR.
I had a different take...

Rather than "defending" his 4% rule, I heard him simply explain that if you happened to retire in the late 1960's when valuations and inflation were both very high, a 60-40 portfolio ONLY survived 30 years.

Note that this is a shockingly bad outcome given that even at a zero return you could last 25 years (e.g. 100/4 = 25)

He then observed that valuations and inflation are both very high today.

So his research is simply leading him to NOT invest at a time when the markets are exhibiting the same conditions that produced the worst outcome in 100 years.....

Sounds like a very logical application of his research findings to me....

All the best,

Craig Tester
Topic Author
sleepysurf

Post by sleepysurf »

Final reminder for tomorrow's "Retired" Life Stage meeting. See details in posts above. If attending, make sure you've installed the latest Zoom update for your platform... https://zoom.us/download

Looking forward to a great Q&A session!
boglehooligan

Post by boglehooligan »

CraigTester wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:15 am
I had a different take...

Rather than "defending" his 4% rule, I heard him simply explain that if you happened to retire in the late 1960's when valuations and inflation were both very high, a 60-40 portfolio ONLY survived 30 years.

Note that this is a shockingly bad outcome given that even at a zero return you could last 25 years (e.g. 100/4 = 25)

He then observed that valuations and inflation are both very high today.

So his research is simply leading him to NOT invest at a time when the markets are exhibiting the same conditions that produced the worst outcome in 100 years.....

Sounds like a very logical application of his research findings to me....

All the best,

Craig Tester
[ quote fixed by admin LadyGeek]

Yes that now makes sense why he said that.

But then yesterday Morningstar mentioned that growth and small cap are undervalued? :confused https://youtu.be/UkgqjxcGlfA
ResearchMed

Post by ResearchMed »

Zeno wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:05 pm
+1

Pretty stunning. A very interesting investment of 90 minutes of my time this evening.

To summarize, I think I heard him say he was 50% cash plus 20% CDs — and this after an hour of defending the “4%/4.7% rule.”

I think I also heard him describe 3% as the “Methuselah”/PWR.

Did he indeed state that he is 50% cash/20% CDs?

That would be quite interesting...

If so, did he mention what the remaining 30% was?

RM
This signature is a placebo. You are in the control group.
Topic Author
sleepysurf

Post by sleepysurf »

Let's move further discussion about Bill Bengen's interview to this other thread on the same topic... viewtopic.php?t=382106
ResearchMed

Post by ResearchMed »

sleepysurf wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:00 am Let's move further discussion about Bill Bengen's interview to this other thread on the same topic... viewtopic.php?t=382106

Done.

Sorry... didn't mean to hijack this thread!

RM
This signature is a placebo. You are in the control group.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

sleepysurf wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:40 pm Final reminder for tomorrow's "Retired" Life Stage meeting. See details in posts above. If attending, make sure you've installed the latest Zoom update for your platform... https://zoom.us/download

The anonymized chat from last night's meeting, along with a concise summary of the chapters' meeting content is available in the blog: Virtual online chapter presentations
Topic Author
sleepysurf

Post by sleepysurf »

Thank you LG for editing the chat and helping as moderator, along with my Co-Coordinators Robert and Henry, and everybody else! Thanks to all who participated with great questions. Looking forward to the continued growth of our "Retired" and all the other "Life Stage" Chapters.
Topic Author
sleepysurf

Post by sleepysurf »

Our next "Retired" Life Stage Zoom meeting will be Wed, Oct 19, from 8 - 10 PM (Eastern)

-Dealing with the current "Bear" market, inflation, rising interest rates, etc.
-Sharing "takeaways" from those who attended the prior weeks Bogleheads Conference in Chicago
-Whatever else is on participants minds!

To encourage open discussion (preferably with video), and protect participants privacy, the meeting will NOT be recorded.

The Zoom link will be posted in the BH Calendar of Events at least one week prior to the meeting.
Topic Author
sleepysurf

Post by sleepysurf »

FYI, for those interested in participating, no need to "register" or "RSVP" this time around. Just show up :D.

Hosts/Moderators will call upon participants chronologically (preferably using Zoom's "raised hand icon"). Zoom link has been posted in the BH Calendar of Events.
Topic Author
sleepysurf

Post by sleepysurf »

Just a quickie reminder about our "Retired Life Stage" Chapter meeting on Zoom, Wed 10/19, starting 8 PM (Eastern). These are challenging times for near/current retirees (those in accumulation stage too :D ), so lots to discuss!

Zoom link has been posted in the BH Calendar of Events.

If attending, make sure you've installed the latest Zoom update for your platform... https://zoom.us/download
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

The anonymized chat is now available in the Bogleheads blog: Virtual online chapter presentations
Topic Author
sleepysurf

Post by sleepysurf »

Wishing everybody Happy Holidays!

Our next "Retired" Life Stage Zoom meeting will be Tue, Jan 31, from 8 - 10 PM (Eastern)

-Lessons learned in 2022
-How are you handling the decline in Total Bond Market (and similar)?
-Your thoughts on inflation, and also ? potential recession
-Whatever else is on participants minds

To encourage open discussion (preferably with video), and protect participants privacy, the meeting will NOT be recorded.

The Zoom link will be posted in the BH Calendar of Events in Jan.
Topic Author
sleepysurf

Post by sleepysurf »

Just a quickie reminder about our "Retired Life Stage" Chapter meeting on Zoom, Tue 1/31, starting 8 PM (Eastern). Like last time, this will be an Open Q&A session. Given the current economic and investing outlook, we'll certainly have lots to discuss. Potential topics include...
  • Lessons learned in 2022
  • How are you handling the decline in Total Bond Market (and similar)?
  • Dealing with inflation, and also ? potential recession
  • Whatever else is on participants minds
Zoom link has been posted in the BH Calendar of Events.

If attending, please make sure you've installed the latest Zoom update for your platform... https://zoom.us/download
Topic Author
sleepysurf

Post by sleepysurf »

Final reminder for tomorrow's Retired Life Stage meeting on Zoom, starting 8 PM (Eastern)

Hosts/Moderators will call upon participants chronologically (preferably using Zoom's "raised hand icon"). Zoom link has been posted in the BH Calendar of Events.
jaqenhghar

Post by jaqenhghar »

Just wanted to say thank you to the organizers & participants for tonight's event. As always, it was top notch & spurred lots of thoughtful discussion & insights!
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

I also enjoyed the meeting.

The anonymized chat is now in the wiki: Virtual online chapter presentations

The Chat link goes to the Bogle Center's SharePoint site. If you want to share the file, only use the link shown on the blog page. When you view the file in your browser, the link changes and won't work for anyone else. That's how SharePoint works.

The direct link to share is this one:

Code: Select all

https://boglecenter.sharepoint.com/:b:/s/Bogleheads/ESZnIMOfy2pKv03r86hGccsBwS-tt7MibFfdonHCN0pqBQ?e=4Fvevj
Topic Author
sleepysurf

Post by sleepysurf »

Thanks everybody, including LG for the anonymized Chat, and our Co-Hosts/Moderators for their assistance, plus everybody else who asked/answered questions, or just lurked. We had over 90 participants at one point! Feel free to PM me with feedback (especially if critical), so we can continue improving next time around. Next quarterly meeting will be in April, but not sure if before or after tax day.

Stay tuned for updates.
Topic Author
sleepysurf

Post by sleepysurf »

Next "Retired" Life Stage Chapter meeting- Guest Mel Lindauer!

We're honored to have this very special guest joining us for our next "Retired" Life Stage Chapter meeting (on Zoom), scheduled for Sun, April 30, from 8 - 10 PM (Eastern).

Guest: Mel Lindauer ("Prince of the Bogleheads") will share his Boglehead perspectives, with open Q&A to follow. Since he'll be sharing candid thoughts, and to protect all participants privacy, this meeting will NOT be recorded.

Targeted audience: "Retired" Life Stage (but we're sure others will want to join this one)

Zoom link: (will also be posted in the BH Calendar of Events)...
https://us06web.zoom.us/j/87434623222?p ... JJRk84QT09

Meeting ID: 874 3462 3222
Passcode: 129556
Find your local number: https://us06web.zoom.us/u/kcq6JDymix

More details will follow as we get closer to the date. In the meantime, mark your calendar for this special evening.
We hope to see you then!

-The "Retired" Life Stage Chapter Coordinators
Last edited by sleepysurf on Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Topic Author
sleepysurf

Post by sleepysurf »

Zoom link for our meeting with Mel Lindauer has been added to above post, as well as the Calendar of Events.

The meeting will begin with Mel addressing a variety of topics, such as his “Unloved Mid-Caps", his investing history, lessons learned since he retired, and others. We'll follow with an open Q&A session.

Make sure to mark your calendar for your appropriate time zone!
Topic Author
sleepysurf

Post by sleepysurf »

Final reminder for tomorrow's "Retired" Life Stage meeting with guest Mel Lindauer. Full details and Zoom link in posts above. If attending, make sure you've installed the latest Zoom update for your platform... https://zoom.us/download

We hope you can join us!
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

The anonymized chat is now in the wiki: Virtual online chapter presentations

The Chat link goes to the Bogle Center's SharePoint site. If you want to share the file, only use the link shown on the blog page. When you view the file in your browser, the link changes and it won't work for anyone else. That's how SharePoint works.

The direct link to share is this one:

https://boglecenter.sharepoint.com/:b:/s/Bogleheads/Ec8d3uEP5ptHnKjgtA4RDigBJmq1jzHgBGTXM-Uh-PxBTg?e=kUhy5a
Topic Author
sleepysurf

Post by sleepysurf »

Thank you LadyGeek for posting links during the meeting, and anonymizing the Chat, and also Raj, Robert, and Miriam for your assistance. Of course, special thanks to Mel Lindauer for graciously sharing his perspectives and answering all our questions. To encourage more candid discussion, we purposely did NOT record the meeting. However, the Chat comments and links reflect some of the topics discussed.
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

Mel - thank you so much for coming and sharing your years of wisdom and experience with us. The meeting was interesting and fun and we hope you come back often! And sleepysurf - great job as moderator hosting such a warm event. I really think you found your calling in retirement :D
Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer »

Miriam2 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 12:17 am Mel - thank you so much for coming and sharing your years of wisdom and experience with us. The meeting was interesting and fun and we hope you come back often! And sleepysurf - great job as moderator hosting such a warm event. I really think you found your calling in retirement :D
I agree, Miriam. sleepysurf is certainly a great moderator. And I appreciate the help that you, Raj, Lady Geek and the others give him to make things run so smoothly.
Best Regards - Mel | | Semper Fi
Elaine22

Post by Elaine22 »

Unfortunately, I had to miss this session because we were traveling. But I did check out the chat and found it very helpful. Have bookmarked a few links to go back to when we're back home. And I also forwarded a link to my daughter who recently asked me about money market funds. Thanks for the work you put into sharing the chat!
Topic Author
sleepysurf

Next Pre/Early Retirement Life Stage virtual meeting

Post by sleepysurf »

For those who might be interested, I'm cross-posting this from the Pre/Early Retired Life Stage thread...
Next Pre/Early Retirement Life Stage meeting- July 12, 2023- What Are You Going to Do Once You Retire?

Time: 7 pm Central (8 Eastern, 6 Mountain, and 5 Pacific time)

You can also RSVP your attendance on the questions posted here. If you have any specific topics or questions that you would like to be addressed during the meeting, please include them in your response. We will do our best to incorporate them into the agenda.

RSVP (optional)

This discussion promises to be both insightful and inspiring as we share our aspirations, plans, and dreams for the next chapter of our lives.

We encourage participants to share their post-retirement goals, ambitions, and any specific projects they intend to pursue. Whether you are planning to travel the world, engage in volunteer work, start a new business, or simply relax and enjoy leisurely pursuits, this is the perfect opportunity to exchange ideas and gain inspiration from fellow members who are also embarking on this exciting journey.

If you are finding it difficult to adjust to the idea of retirement or if you're unsure about what you will do during this new life stage, please know that you are not alone.

If you plan to speak, please come prepared with a brief outline of what you want to say. This will allow for a focused discussion. We would like to hear about good and bad experiences.

The meeting will be recorded in an audio-only format to promote ease of communication, anonymity, and participation. You'll be able to listen to the recording at any time, such as while you're out for a walk, exercising, or just plain relaxing.

If you have any concerns or require further assistance, please do not hesitate to send a PM to Bogleheads member HoosierJim or email him at chicagovirtualbogleheads@gmail.com (email preferred).

Join Zoom Meeting

https://us06web.zoom.us/j/84762312461?p ... BJZnA3UT09

Meeting ID: 847 6231 2461
Passcode: 691725
---

One tap mobile
+13052241968,,84762312461#,,,,*691725# US
+13092053325,,84762312461#,,,,*691725# US
---

Dial by your location
• +1 305 224 1968 US
• +1 309 205 3325 US
• +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
• +1 646 931 3860 US
• +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
• +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
• +1 689 278 1000 US
• +1 719 359 4580 US
• +1 253 205 0468 US
• +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
• +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
• +1 360 209 5623 US
• +1 386 347 5053 US
• +1 507 473 4847 US
• +1 564 217 2000 US
• +1 669 444 9171 US
• +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

Meeting ID: 847 6231 2461
Passcode: 691725

Find your local number: https://us06web.zoom.us/u/kdrBmuJqgX
Topic Author
sleepysurf

Post by sleepysurf »

Bumping this as a final reminder for tonight's Zoom meeting with topic "What are you going to do once you retire?"

Full details and Zoom link in post above.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

The Bogleheads Life Stages Pre / Early retirement chapter meeting of July 12, 2023 is now on YouTube. See: Bogleheads® Chapter Series – What Are You Going to Do Once You Retire? (Audio Only)

To protect participant privacy, only the audio portion of the meeting was recorded.

The anonymized meeting chat and survey results have been uploaded to the Bogle Center's SharePoint site. Note: When sharing links, only use the links shown in the blog or YouTube channel. When clicking on those links, Microsoft changes the link and you can't use it again. Don't blame me. That's how SharePoint works.

Anonymized chat: https://boglecenter.sharepoint.com/:b:/ ... A?e=uUOXDY <-- will be different than what you see in your web browser.

https://boglecenter.sharepoint.com/:b:/s/Bogleheads/EfyP_VK87RVOkGg-mFcBxcYB5CiiNpB6mROy02_3Y4sx6A?e=uUOXDY
Survey results: https://boglecenter.sharepoint.com/:b:/ ... w?e=35CcLh

https://boglecenter.sharepoint.com/:b:/s/Bogleheads/EVxlk86cYrVLgcoCO7B4NfgB3ax4Qt3RlnSI1CekXWHM6w?e=35CcLh
Online content for all of the chapter meetings can be found in the Bogleheads blog: Virtual online chapter presentations
Topic Author
sleepysurf

Post by sleepysurf »

FYI, the Pre-Retirement and Starting Out Life Stage Chapters are hosting a Zoom meeting on Wed. Sept.13, 2023, at 8:00 pm ET. The topic is Estate Planning Basics - Setting Up Your Estate Plans and will cover all the key components of putting together your estate plans. This meeting is appropriate for all Bogleheads in all life stages.

The guest is Summerfield Baldwin, an estate planning attorney with 30 years experience in estate planning, wills & trusts, supplemental needs trusts, powers of attorney, health care directives & living wills, estate administration, elder care planning, and guardianships. He has also served as trustee of various trusts, and guardians for elderly, incapacitated, and mentally ill persons.

This is Part I of a Two-Part series with Summerfield. Part II will focus on Elder Care and "Things you wish you knew about taking care of aging parents." (The date for the Part II presentation has not been set.)

Summerfield is a delightful speaker and there will be ample time for Q & A.

You can submit Qs ahead of time HERE . All responses are anonymous. This meeting is open to all Bogleheads and you don't need to RSVP to attend.

The presentation portion of the meeting will be recorded, but the Q & A portion will not be recorded.

Here is the Zoom link - and the full zoom link is also posted on the Bogleheads Blog Calendar of Events.

This meeting, and the following one, should also be relevant for those of us in the Retired Life Stage!
Topic Author
sleepysurf

Post by sleepysurf »

Final reminder re tomorrow's Life Stage virtual meeting on Estate Planning. Full info, including Zoom link, in post above. Should be a very informative presentation!
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

The recorded meeting is now on YouTube. See: Bogleheads® Chapter Series – Estate Planning Basics – Setting Up Your Estate Plans

The anonymized meeting chat and survey results have been uploaded to the Bogle Center's SharePoint site. Note: When sharing links, only use the links shown in the blog or YouTube channel. When clicking on those links, Microsoft changes the link and you can't use it again. Don't blame me. That's how SharePoint works.

Anonymized chat: https://boglecenter.sharepoint.com/:b:/ ... A?e=b57wx1 <-- will be different than what you see in your web browser.

https://boglecenter.sharepoint.com/:b:/s/Bogleheads/ETwLdEy0Ju9AjpDMv4muZbQBY-satIe-ErxUClCjFEbtdA?e=b57wx1
Online content for all of the chapter meetings can be found in the Bogleheads blog: Virtual online chapter presentations
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

The Retired Life Stage Bogleheads are invited to join this interesting upcoming meeting on Elder Care Planning.

The Starting Out Life Stage Chapter is hosting the zoom meeting with the Pre-Retirement Life Stage Chapter on Wed. Oct. 25, 2023, at 8:00 pm ET. The topic is Elder Care Planning: Things you wish you knew about taking care of aging parents. This meeting is appropriate for all Bogleheads in all life stages and all Bogleheads are invited.

Our guest is Summerfield Baldwin, an estate planning attorney with 30 years experience in estate planning, health directives and proxies and living wills, elder care planning, guardianships, and handling incapacitation and end-of-life situations. He has served as guardian for elderly, incapacitated, and mentally ill persons, and as trustee for numerous trusts.

This is Part II of the Two-Part Series with Summerfield. Please see below ** for the Part I meeting video on Estate Planning.

Summerfield is a delightful speaker with a wealth of experience, and there will be plenty of time for Q & A.

You can also submit Qs ahead of time HERE . All responses are anonymous. This meeting is open to all Bogleheads and you don't need to RSVP to attend.

The presentation portion of the meeting will be video recorded, but the Q & A portion will be audio recorded only.

Here is the Zoom link - and the full zoom link is also posted on the Bogleheads Blog Calendar of Events.

If you have any Qs about using zoom or attending our on-line meetings, please let me know 8-)

** Our Part I meeting was held on Wed. Sept. 13, 2023, and covered Estate Planning Basics- all the key components or building blocks of understanding, putting together and setting up your estate plans. The Part I meeting was recorded and you can find it now on the Bogleheads YouTube video series- Bogleheads® Chapter Series – Estate Planning Basics – Setting Up Your Estate Plans.

The Part I meeting Chat has also been uploaded to the Bogle Center's SharePoint site-
https://boglecenter.sharepoint.com/:b:/ ... A?e=b57wx1 <-- NOTE- this address will be different than what you see in your web browser & the first slide may say "not available," (don't panic, keep watching).
Topic Author
sleepysurf

Post by sleepysurf »

Thank you, Miriam, for posting here. You beat me to it! I'm sure many of us in the Retired Life Stage will be particularly interested in this meeting topic!