NJ Tax Form 2440 in TurboTax

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
JediMisty

NJ Tax Form 2440 in TurboTax

Post by JediMisty »

Using TurboTax to prepare my son's taxes. We reside in New Jersey. He got sick leave which was coded as "SKLV$511" in box 14 where the taxes for NJ disability and unemployment insurance are shown. TurboTax had me fill in the NJ Form 2440 to exempt this sick leave from NJ taxation. The TT program multiplies the number of days by the daily rate and adds them all up to total the amount which is exempt from taxes. Each of three separate paychecks he had this coding were in fractions of a day. The Turbotax worksheet in "Forms" won't allow me to correct these fractions; it rounds anything I input into whole days. The only way I could find to force the program to enter the correct amount for each paycheck was to "tweak" the daily rate, but I don't like how this looks. It appears sketchy because now each daily rate varies widely. I read the instructions for the form and there is nothing listed. BTW, the form requires a signature of the manager of the employee. Has anyone successfully used this form?