What frugal thing did you do today?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
pizzy

Re: What frugal thing did you do today?

Post by pizzy »

Wannaretireearly wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:10 pm
pizzy wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:08 pm
Wannaretireearly wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:30 pm
flyingaway wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:42 pm
Wannaretireearly wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:27 pm Fridge ice maker stopped working.

Used a two prong approach to try to get it resolved asap, via manufacturer directly and Best Buy/geek squad warranty

Resolution:
Samsung resolved the issue after delays coming out. Process and engagement was frustrating but the actual repair and installer was great 👍.
Geek squad could not get someone out, offered a replacement. I asked about paying me out, they agreed and gave me $2800 worth of gift cards 🙃😀.

I’m a happy Best Buy and Samsung customer today.
Did not understand what you did.
You asked Samsung to fix it and asked Best Buy for gift cards?
Contacted both extended warranty (best buy/geek squad) and manufacturer warranty (Samsung) in parallel. Net result is as I mention above.
Did you withhold info from both companies or just one of them?
I was transparent with both. Especially after appointments were not honored (expected ppl to arrive, no shows etc).
So samsung knows you got a refund and best buy knows the fridge is fixed? And neither cared?
Vanguard/Fidelity | 76% US Stock | 16% Int'l Stock | 8% Cash
Wannaretireearly

Post by Wannaretireearly »

pizzy wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:12 pm

Contacted both extended warranty (best buy/geek squad) and manufacturer warranty (Samsung) in parallel. Net result is as I mention above.
I was transparent with both. Especially after appointments were not honored (expected ppl to arrive, no shows etc).
So samsung knows you got a refund and best buy knows the fridge is fixed? And neither cared?
They know the approach yes. Understand this went thru many ppl and layers. Proves no one really talks to each other in customer service/support groups. Let alone talking outside of their groups!
“At some point you are trading time you will never get back for money you will never spend.“ | “How do you want to spend the best remaining year of your life?“
makingmistakes

Post by makingmistakes »

Wannaretireearly wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:18 pm
pizzy wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:12 pm

They know the approach yes. Understand this went thru many ppl and layers. Proves no one really talks to each other in customer service/support groups. Let alone talking outside of their groups!
Not sure if it’s frugal, justifiable under the circumstances, or just plain unethical.
TightButAggressive

Post by TightButAggressive »

Been on my action list for a while, but finally got around to shopping our internet plan. Our current provider, Comcast, ups your rate $10/$15 a year until you're paying a huge amount for service. Going from $120/month at Comcast for 600/20 service and modem rental to $60/month at Verizon for 500/500 service with no modem rental.

Not bad for about 10 minutes of work.
quantAndHold

Post by quantAndHold »

Wannaretireearly wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:27 pm Fridge ice maker stopped working.

Used a two prong approach to try to get it resolved asap, via manufacturer directly and Best Buy/geek squad warranty

Resolution:
Samsung resolved the issue after delays coming out. Process and engagement was frustrating but the actual repair and installer was great 👍.
Geek squad could not get someone out, offered a replacement. I asked about paying me out, they agreed and gave me $2800 worth of gift cards 🙃😀.

I’m a happy Best Buy and Samsung customer today.
You got me at Samsung icemaker. Never again. Those things are horror shows. I’ve never known anyone who had one that worked properly for very long.
JayB

Post by JayB »

About to get our annual car inspections done soon. Got me thinking that we have saved $ thousands over the years by never purchasing maintenance packages (e.g., 15K, 30K miles, etc.) when we get our vehicles serviced. What we have found is that the dealer where we get the oil changes done (at a competitive price) also does a comprehensive vehicle check of several dozen items -- complete with written report -- at no additional charge. If items on the checklist need attention, or there are other things to be done, we pay for them w/o purchasing a package; this saves a lot of $ over a package. When I mentioned to the dealer that many of the inspections touted in their maintenance packages were also provided for free as part of an oil change -- or as part of the required annual state safety inspections -- he did not dispute this.
michaeljc70

Post by michaeljc70 »

quantAndHold wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:47 pm

You got me at Samsung icemaker. Never again. Those things are horror shows. I’ve never known anyone who had one that worked properly for very long.
I saved $$$ on my Samsung ice maker by replacing it 3 times myself in 8 years. :shock:
abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Post by abuss368 »

I siphoned gas from Dave’s Gulfstream to use in my car😂🤣✈️✈️✈️

Best
Tony
John C. Bogle: “Simplicity is the master key to financial success."
neilpilot

Post by neilpilot »

abuss368 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:03 am I siphoned gas from Dave’s Gulfstream to use in my car😂🤣✈️✈️✈️

Best
Tony
I hope your car is diesel. Jet A isn't gas.
Dave55

Post by Dave55 »

abuss368 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:03 am I siphoned gas from Dave’s Gulfstream to use in my car😂🤣✈️✈️✈️

Best
Tony
We got you on video 😂
"Reality always wins, your only job is to get in touch with it." Wilfred Bion
homebuyer6426

Post by homebuyer6426 »

Made a big contribution to a consumer staples fund.

Breakfast was $1/box cereal, lunch will be peanuts, dinner will be homemade pesto pasta with homegrown basil.
43% Total Stock Market | 53% Consumer Staples | 4% Short Term Reserves
matti

Post by matti »

I dug the last of the chapstick out of the tube with a car key.
tooluser

Post by tooluser »

tooluser wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 1:05 pm
tooluser wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:46 pm
neilpilot wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:42 pm
stoptothink wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:52 pm
boglegirl wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:53 pm

I don't understand why in some markets Costco is so much cheaper, and in others, there's hardly a difference. I don't make a huge effort to gas up at our Costco because it's never more than 5-10 cents/gallon savings, so not worth going out of my way or waiting longer than a few minutes in line. This morning I gassed up elsewhere because I'd rather take a beating than wait in the line at Costco gas on a weekend. Gasbuddy told me that I paid the SAME amount per gallon as I'd have paid at Costco. Yet when I drove past the Costco later, the gas line had at least 40 cars in it, backing up into the store parking lot.
The value of Costco is dependent on the area and alternatives. Costco in our area is the same; gas might be 5-cents cheaper a gallon, and food (at least what my family eats) is quite a bit more expensive (per ounce) for the exact same brand than several local alternatives. It doesn't seem to lesson the popularity, good luck finding a spot in the Costco parking lot on a Saturday. In California, where I grew, Costco was (and is, we visit at least once a year) significantly cheaper.
In this area I find that Costco regular is typically only 5-10 cents lower. However there's a much larger savings to be had on Premium, which my DW requires. With the recent rapid rise in gas prices, the spread isn't as predictable.

I stopped buying gas as last May. I can now fill up my EV at home at the approximate equivalent of $1/gal.
I am in Los Angeles, and historically the Costco savings have been 20 to 96 cents per gallon (high point as of today). The non-Costco station nearest me abuts a wealthy area but is not a price-gouging-near-the-airport sort of station. $5.89 was today's regular (87 octane) price if paying by credit, which I do at Costco as well. Mid and High grades were both over $6.00. The station across the street is similarly priced, sometimes a little higher or lower.

I can still save a lot (usually about half the Costco savings) by going a couple of miles to a gas station in a less wealthy sub-part of my part of L.A. So there is definitely a bit of a "local circumstances" thing going on.

I have never been to a Costco in L.A. when the gas lines were anything but long. Even this morning at ~6:30am when the store wasn't open, I was 4th in line (7th car including those at the pumps), with about 10 other lines the same depth. Madness. But I do save some money, and if I repeat it say 20x a year it adds up to a significant amount. Usually I combine it with shopping inside the store, but not today because I thought I could beat the crowds. Nope.
Another new personal record: $1.14 per gallon cheaper at Costco, $5.359 vs $6.499 locally.
Maybe I should switch to percentage instead. The panic at the pumps also seems to have died down.
Almost as good today, $1.10 a gallon cheaper at Costco, but slightly better on a percentage basis. $4.899 vs $5.999 locally.
I was going to get a car wash, but it was shut down for some reason, so I saved money there too.
I bought three food items inside that I didn't really need, which will not go to waste, but may go to waist. :( :happy
Like good comrades to the utmost of their strength, we shall go on to the end. -- Winston Churchill
AnnetteLouisan

Post by AnnetteLouisan »

Put in a GTC order for VTI at $179. Now that’s frugal!
pizzy

Post by pizzy »

AnnetteLouisan wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:11 pm Put in a GTC order for VTI at $179. Now that’s frugal!
What’s the strategic purpose of that order?
Vanguard/Fidelity | 76% US Stock | 16% Int'l Stock | 8% Cash
AnnetteLouisan

Post by AnnetteLouisan »

pizzy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:36 pm
AnnetteLouisan wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:11 pm Put in a GTC order for VTI at $179. Now that’s frugal!
What’s the strategic purpose of that order?
I’ve been investing 6-10k per month this year outside my 401k, from salary and savings, since opening my first ever brokerage account in the fall of 2021. Stocks in panicky months and treasuries when stocks recover.

I need some VTI since I’m trying to increase my equity allocation (from 20/80 - too bond heavy! Plus cola’d pension expectation and cola’d ss) and I don’t have time to watch the prices right now. I last bought at $181 and I always like to outdo myself if possible. Plus this is the biggest order I’ve placed (still not huge but getting there). I haven’t bought equities since their June lows, other than in tax deferred where I DCA. My VTI is earmarked for my 70s in 15+ years, so this is money I don’t expect to need for a while (if ever).

Also it’s my first GTC order and I’ve been familiarizing myself with the buy process. Also I set up auto transfer into my taxable account each month so I’m investing some of it.

We pride ourselves on frugality in consumption. I just apply that excellent principle to equity purchases too.
brian91480

Post by brian91480 »

matti wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:05 am I dug the last of the chapstick out of the tube with a car key.
I might have to give you a prize for this.

And that's coming from someone who sometimes re-uses paper plates.

-- Brian
AnnetteLouisan

Post by AnnetteLouisan »

I’ve been saving leftover fries from dinner and having a few for breakfast with black coffee. Ew! It’s good though.
Oilcans

Post by Oilcans »

AnnetteLouisan wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:14 pm I’ve been saving leftover fries from dinner and having a few for breakfast with black coffee. Ew! It’s good though.
Dipping?? :D
AnnetteLouisan

Post by AnnetteLouisan »

Oilcans wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:19 pm
AnnetteLouisan wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:14 pm I’ve been saving leftover fries from dinner and having a few for breakfast with black coffee. Ew! It’s good though.
Ugh no way!

Oh no is that my future…? 😅
rockstar

Post by rockstar »

Signed up for a 2 year contract with COX to reduce my bill by $12 a month. Since I'm going to have them anyway, I'm good saving $144 a year for the next two years.
Mr. Rumples

Post by Mr. Rumples »

Just sent an email to my neighbor offering him $50 for 300+ old bricks. These are not modern bricks, but bricks from the 1800's and some from a house built in 1796. It's more than I wanted to spend; at first he saw a project I am working on and said if I needed bricks he would give me some. I figured I would pay him for them, but then he said he would like to sell all of them. I told him bricks on craigslist go for everywhere from free to $1+, but that was my budget. He will discuss it with his wife. He really doesn't want strangers coming by to look at them. On the "unfrugal" side, I have to pay the guy who helps me in the yard $40 to move them and stack them.
"History is the memory of time, the life of the dead and the happiness of the living." Captain John Smith 1580-1631
wabbott

Post by wabbott »

AnnetteLouisan wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:20 pm
Oilcans wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:19 pm
Ugh no way!

Oh no is that my future…? 😅
Do you need any plastic/paper bags or margarine tubs? I seem to have plenty...
bagle

Post by bagle »

I paid zero to charge the electric car downtown.
Lou Sevens

Post by Lou Sevens »

This is going to be unpopular but when I went to the convienice store market- the lotto machine was broken so I couldnt by tickets.

Since getting a new job- I bring my own lunch. It will help me lose some weight and perhaps I save $6-$8 per day.
tooluser

Post by tooluser »

Lou Sevens wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:29 pm This is going to be unpopular but when I went to the convienice store market- the lotto machine was broken so I couldnt by tickets.

Since getting a new job- I bring my own lunch. It will help me lose some weight and perhaps I save $6-$8 per day.
When the lottery jackpot is large I usually buy two tickets for the next five draws, $20 total. For about $2 a day it's a source of entertainment. I am open to someone providing a better entertainment value for me.

I once had a summer job where me and another fellow were hired on the same day. We both brought our lunch Mon-Thu, as did everyone else. But on Fridays the group would always go out to lunch. He stayed behind and ate his lunch, while I went out with the gang. A month later he was fired and I was kept on. I never figured out whether it was the lunch thing, or actual poor performance. It could easily have gone the opposite way, since the company owner also stayed at work for Friday lunch.
Like good comrades to the utmost of their strength, we shall go on to the end. -- Winston Churchill
jradisch

Post by jradisch »

Changed the oil and filter in my car and also changed the transmission fluid in it. total cost < $100.
dratkinson

Post by dratkinson »

Bought new BPM. Was surprised it didn't have provision for external power (wall wart). Since it required same input power as old BPM* (4x AA batteries or 6v/4w wall wart), I cut (HF oscillating tool) external power input/wiring from old unit and tacked (soldered) its wires to new unit's battery terminals. Snaked wires under battery cover so I could plug the input port into old wall wart. Works fine. Saved ~$30: more expensive BPM with external power input was ~$20 more, and recall wall wart was ~$10 if ordered separately. (* I'd purchased a larger unit last time because it had the wall wart, so I'd not need to feed it batteries. Since I still had the wall wart, thought I could easily plug it into smaller/cheaper unit as it surely had an external power input port. Wrong.)

Second thought: battery eliminator. I could cut 2x wooden dowels to AA battery length, insert a nickel* thumbtack on one end of each dowel, and solder one input wire to each thumbtack. Negative dowel plugs into battery box negative contact, positive dowel plugs into battery box positive contact, to make a battery eliminator that's easy to move to next BPM. (* Believe battery contacts/terminals are nickel/steel so use of nickel-coated thumbtacks should reduce galvanic corrosion from use of dissimilar metals.)
d.r.a., not dr.a. | I'm a novice investor; you are forewarned.
triggerfish10

Post by triggerfish10 »

DW and I recently decided to get a new softer mattress, and after doing our homework decided on a Purple Premier Hybrid 3 (this isn't the frugal part, but we do pay up for things positioned between us and the ground). At the furniture store the sales guy was telling us about their 120 night trial period, where we could get a full refund if we didn't like it. Out of sheer curiosity I asked him what happens to the mattresses that people return. He said if the mattress is barely used, like a month or less, they take it back in the store, clean it, and sell it at a discount. He then mentions that he just so happens to have the model we were looking at in the back that was recently returned. So we take a look at this thing and it is pristine - looks out of the box new, and is fully $1000 less than a brand new one. And also qualifies for an additional 10% healthcare workers discount. We had it delivered (free delivery and set up) later that week.
"A quiet and modest life brings more joy than a pursuit of success bound with constant unrest" - Albert Einstein
jebmke

Post by jebmke »

Bought a $300 pair of prescription glasses for $45 online.
Don't trust me, look it up. https://www.irs.gov/forms-instructions-and-publications
blueoval9942

Post by blueoval9942 »

Paid my car insurance for a year instead of monthly for a $400 savings. Switching home and umbrella this week for 10% reduction, better limits...
Derpalator

Post by Derpalator »

Decided to dethatch lawn. Required me to fix our ailing lawnmower. Our one acre lawn is currently mowed by service, hence my non-working lawnmower. Watched you tube videos and did carburetor takedown with cleaning. One can of carb clean about four dollars. Worked for two passes around yard. Found new Tecumseh carb on Amazon for seventeen bucks. Runs like a champ on dollar off gas from four times fuel points from gift card purchase at Kroger’s. Fuel points 150 dollar limit at pump so filled mine and DW’s cars plus two 5 gallon “cans” at same time to max out purchase to limit.

1999 RX300 Lexus with 315,000 miles and failed window power assembly. Replaced with assembly obtained from junkyard for fifteen dollars; quotes OEM plus labor fifteen hundred, aftermarket plus labor twelve hundred.
ALinLI

Post by ALinLI »

I worked from home today vs commutting by train to the office in NYC Saved about $50
1. $26 round trip train railroad and subway
2. $20 Lunch in NYC
3. $5 Starbucks coffee
andypanda

Post by andypanda »

I renewed both of our XM radio accounts for 2 years for $5/month each.
I called them almost a year ago and badgered them into the $5/mo. price, but it was as usual a time wasting aggravation.
This year they sent me an e-mail with the 2-year offer.

Also this week, we ordered $3800 of Polywood deck furniture for our new rear deck. How is that frugal you ask? Have you priced divorces recently? The best part is that they will assemble it, drive it from Williamsburg to Richmond (40 minutes door to doors) and place it on the deck all for $75.
All of the old furniture went to the dump prior to the decks being replaced in May. Then we got sidetracked with the 2 bathroom tear outs, etc. And vacations. Can't forget the vacations, they saved some of my sanity.
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

I went to pick up my takeout food from my favorite restaurant tonight when to my surprise I saw a notice posted that they were now levying a 3-1/2% surcharge for payments by credit card. Normally I pay with my card that gives me a 3% bonus for restaurant purchases. Because of the 1/2% difference I paid cash.
neilpilot

Post by neilpilot »

Nicolas wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:34 pm I went to pick up my takeout food from my favorite restaurant tonight when to my surprise I saw a notice posted that they were now levying a 3-1/2% surcharge for payments by credit card. Normally I pay with my card that gives me a 3% bonus for restaurant purchases. Because of the 1/2% difference I paid cash.
In other words, the cost of the takeout only increased by 3% over what you would have paid the last time. I guess that’s marginally frugal. :oops:
AnnetteLouisan

Post by AnnetteLouisan »

As I always do, I clicked on the latest Amazon delivery time for free delivery, and I’ve never had prime.

I used a half packet of free Swiss miss hot chocolate at work rather than the whole packet.

I searched for the cheapest version of the toothpaste I like online and found a tube for $1.

And I patiently waited a third week for my GTC order of VTI to trigger at $178.75, but in vain. Still, I’m hanging on out of stubbornness.

But I tipped my driver extra this morning because he is going on vacation salmon fishing and making smoked salmon in a smokehouse and bringing me back some, unasked. Isn’t that lovely of him? His wife gave me a beautiful embroidered purse as a thank you a few weeks ago. Spread it around a little, I say.
plutoblackhole

Post by plutoblackhole »

Nicolas wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:34 pm I went to pick up my takeout food from my favorite restaurant tonight when to my surprise I saw a notice posted that they were now levying a 3-1/2% surcharge for payments by credit card. Normally I pay with my card that gives me a 3% bonus for restaurant purchases. Because of the 1/2% difference I paid cash.
It’s actually only a 0.395% difference, since you’d get cash back on the surcharge, too. But still net negative.
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

plutoblackhole wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:46 pm
It’s actually only a 0.395% difference, since you’d get cash back on the surcharge, too. But still net negative.
You are correct sir or madam!
Mr. Rumples

Post by Mr. Rumples »

Mr. Rumples wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:57 am Just sent an email to my neighbor offering him $50 for 300+ old bricks. These are not modern bricks, but bricks from the 1800's and some from a house built in 1796. It's more than I wanted to spend; at first he saw a project I am working on and said if I needed bricks he would give me some. I figured I would pay him for them, but then he said he would like to sell all of them. I told him bricks on craigslist go for everywhere from free to $1+, but that was my budget. He will discuss it with his wife. He really doesn't want strangers coming by to look at them. On the "unfrugal" side, I have to pay the guy who helps me in the yard $40 to move them and stack them.
Neighbor rejected my $50 offer, he only wants $40. I will still pay him $50 since he is adding 15 gallons of granite dust in five gallon sealed buckets. Using my state income tax rebate (not refund) of $250 and will tip the yard guy on top of the $40 he wants to move and stack them.
"History is the memory of time, the life of the dead and the happiness of the living." Captain John Smith 1580-1631
TwstdSista

Post by TwstdSista »

Not today, but this week. And not me, but the husband - he changed his own brakes, saving us the trip to the mechanic and their hourly rate.
AllMostThere

Post by AllMostThere »

Installed an aftermarket external transmission oil cooler in DS's 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The integrated radiator/trans cooler was leaking trans oil at the fitting of the trans cooler and could not be stopped or repaired. I just purchased the aftermarket external trans oil cooler for ~ $40 from Amazon and associated mounting & tube hardware ~ $30 and just bypassed the integrated radiator trans cooler (why does Jeep do this crappy design? :oops: ). Next up is replacement of front rotors and brake pads purchased from Rock Auto for <$100 and an oil change <$25. Then trans oil & filter replacement with new trans oil pan purchased from Rock Auto for <$50. Another crappy Jeep design where there is NO drain plug in the trans oil pan. :oops: :oops: As the pan needs to be removed to swap out the trans oil filter, I will be replacing the trans pan for a new pan with oil drain plug. In total ~ $250 in parts for probably +$1000 job if performed by a local repair shop. I really like the feeling of accomplishment when I get with this type of work and savings. :sharebeer

10/15/22 Update
Completed oil change this week with no issues. Only downside is that I now have to make a trip to the local recycle center to dispose of the used oil.
Also, completed front brake job this week. Rotors were rusted on, so took some extra time. Nothing that some PB Blaster, time and 3 lb. sledge couldn't solve. :twisted: Also, one of the slide pins on a caliper was pretty corroded and wouldn't come out of the bore. Again, some PB Blaster and more time helped get it out. Cleaned up all the pin & bore surfaces and added some extra lube grease. All moved pretty freely. Also, had to make a trip down to Harbor Freight and purchased some additional deep well impact sockets. My set didn't have the needed 18mm socket to get off the caliper brackets for rotor removal. This was an extra $30 expenditure, but now I have the set for future work. In all the front brake job took me an extra 2 hours, but well worth it. Stopping is now very smooth a safe. :beer

This beast of 4.7L Engine only gets ~ 11.5 mpg and runs a little rough. I'm sure this engine still has the original 18 yr. old spark plugs. Today I ordered from Rock Auto new Bosch Double Iridium Spark Plugs and new Delphi Ignition Coils. In total $200 cost, but I'm hoping when installed engine will run smoother and mileage will increase by 1.5 - 3 mpg. I'm also confident this will increase performance and acceleration. Wish me luck and no broken spark plugs during removal. Another job for PB Blaster. :|
Last edited by AllMostThere on Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
It is not about how much you make; it is about how much you keep and how well you invest it. - Author Unknown | Dream as if you’ll live forever. Live as if you’ll die today. - Author James Dean
LaurenRose

Post by LaurenRose »

I am having leftovers from a dinner purchased yesterday - and it's delish. Temporarily living in Mexico and enjoying Oaxacan cuisine (though not physically in Oaxaca now, instead I am in the central highlands of MX)

As the U.S. and Canadian visitors and immigrants say - earn in dollars, spend in pesos.
hmw

Post by hmw »

I worked in the backyard to remove weeds today instead of paying someone.

I bought some discounted Lowe's giftcards (4.4% off) to use today.
shmidds

Post by shmidds »

I painted my black 2005 Honda Accord (good condition but messed up clearcoat) in a clearing in the woods in my backyard. It probably looked like a scene out of Breaking Bad. Looks great! Good for another 100k.
Tejfyy

Post by Tejfyy »

Bought a 10 swim pass on a senior discount for $15, surprisingly got the first swim gratis and went swimming. Oh and I rode my bicycle there.
runner540

Post by runner540 »

Got my kid’s Halloween costume free from a neighbor.
homebuyer6426

Post by homebuyer6426 »

Got my paycheck and put it all into the market.
43% Total Stock Market | 53% Consumer Staples | 4% Short Term Reserves
Minty

Post by Minty »

Sent Priority Mail envelope via Pirateship rather than using USPS.
Core Four w/ nominal bonds & TIPS. Refi Rampage: Purchase: 3.875% 30 -> R1 3% 20 -> R2 2.375% 15 -> R3 1.99% 15 -> R4 1.875% 15
JayB

Post by JayB »

Bought another portable clothes drying rack for inside our home. Haven't run the clothes dryer in a very long time. Good for the environment, good for our wallets, good for indoor humidity in heating season.