Don't pay full price for SiriusXM radio

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Go Blue 99

Re: Don't pay full price for SiriusXM radio

Post by Go Blue 99 »

I just renewed annual Platinum for $145 with all taxes and fees. It was $129 the year before.
retireIn2020

Post by retireIn2020 »

blaugranamd wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:35 pm With the proliferation of internet radio apps, Podcasts, and even service like Amazon Prime that let you download entire albums for free, why people pay for radio service is beyond me.
X2 and there are allot more now 6+ years after your post.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/abide
tm3

Post by tm3 »

Just did the annual dance ritual. It was the easiest and quickest that I've ever gotten to the target price, and came with the promise that the price would continue at renewal next year. We shall see.
Vanguard User

Post by Vanguard User »

I always get the free 3 months trial here and there.
cowdogman

Post by cowdogman »

boglegirl wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:30 pm
cowdogman wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:19 am ...
Honestly it's a relief. I hate dealing with this company...
They make this SO painful. I've just spent >30 minutes on online-chat trying to cancel. FINALLY got a confirmation after 9 requests.

I was thinking of signing up again before a 3 week road trip later this year, but this experience may have turned me off of them forever. :x I realize I'm not a valuable customer to them, as I only sign up when I'm getting a good deal. But still...couldn't they work on their customer satisfaction a tiny bit?
I have not missed SiriusXM. I have been using Amazon Music (of which I have been a subscriber for a few years) from my iPhone via bluetooth and also rediscovered a very good classical music station in Seattle (98.1). The only thing I listened to on SiriusXM was the symphony channel (76) and it was easy to replace with Amazon. And surprisingly the sound quality is better.
guyfromct

Post by guyfromct »

retireIn2020 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:15 am
blaugranamd wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:35 pm With the proliferation of internet radio apps, Podcasts, and even service like Amazon Prime that let you download entire albums for free, why people pay for radio service is beyond me.
Convenience, service even in middle of nowhere. Streaming is great, but the nice thing is you don’t have to think to download, you also don’t have to consider that you may start the ride wanting rock and may switch to hip hop, then 90s. Also, news.
guyfromct

Post by guyfromct »

tm3 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:12 am Just did the annual dance ritual. It was the easiest and quickest that I've ever gotten to the target price, and came with the promise that the price would continue at renewal next year. We shall see.
I told them I would only spend $5.00, they wound up doing $5.99 plus taxes and fees, so around $7.50 all in.
Go Blue 99

Post by Go Blue 99 »

Streaming is acceptable if you listen to the same station, album, or podcast during your entire drive. But if you like to cycle through music genres, nothing beats sat radio. Touching your phone while driving is illegal in my state, so being able to use your steering wheel buttons is vital.
retireIn2020

Post by retireIn2020 »

Go Blue 99 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:12 am
Streaming is acceptable if you listen to the same station, album, or podcast during your entire drive. But if you like to cycle through music genres, nothing beats sat radio. Touching your phone while driving is illegal in my state, so being able to use your steering wheel buttons is vital.
Free streaming apps let you set genres and cycle through all hands free. as well as thousands of podcasts. SO has SiriusXM and I see no benefit.
neilpilot

Post by neilpilot »

retireIn2020 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:50 am
Free streaming apps let you set genres and cycle through all hands free. as well as thousands of podcasts. SO has SiriusXM and I see no benefit.
Given that my 1G shared phone data plan is so cheap (2 lines cost $15/mo), my basic SiriusXM service costs me less than it would cost to use a streaming service.
retireIn2020

Post by retireIn2020 »

neilpilot wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:13 pm
Given that my 1G shared phone data plan is so cheap (2 lines cost $15/mo), my basic SiriusXM service costs me less than it would cost to use a streaming service.
1G shared phone data plan? Wow, I couldn't survive, we have unlimited with 20g each for hot spot on a family plan with cellular smart watches. Some things we can't sacrifice when away from home or camping, traveling etc. for WiFi, streaming tv and music internet etc. I do admit we pay $175 month for 3 phones and 2 smart watches with the unlimited plan. Don't think I could give that up, and if I tried, I'd be looked at like Lord Vodermort to the others on my plan :happy
Go Blue 99

Post by Go Blue 99 »

How does this hands-free cycling occur? Via voice control? I doubt it's connected to your steering wheel controls. I don't have CarPlay or Android Play in my car.
SmileyFace

Post by SmileyFace »

guyfromct wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:20 am
Convenience, service even in middle of nowhere.
Unless you are near tall buldings or hills - then it cuts in and out constantly. This was often the case for me.
Service has been much better for me since I cut over to streaming.
sailor18

Post by sailor18 »

I have a 2016 model car and my Sirius subscription is about 5 days from expiration. I read on this forum that, for "older" cars (maybe mine doesn't quality), Sirius will offer a $99 for three years renewal. My chat agent wouldn't offer this renewal price to me. He said it was offered only by special email or US Mail offers and that he couldn't send the email to me.

Does anyone have any experience with the three years for $99 renewal process? Thanks!
MDfan

Post by MDfan »

I actually have found their customer service chat feature very easy to deal with. I've aways renewed at a low price. Takes maybe 10 minutes on chat?
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

Did the song and dance again today. My “promotional” rate evidently ran out, and my monthly cost jumped from
$6.06 to $23.04.

Got on the SXM website, hit “cancel”, didn’t accept the initial computer generated offer of about $15 per month. Then chatted with an agent who gave me the $6.06 rate for another year. And gave me credit for the overpayment for the current month.

Total time = 7 minutes

Will do it again in 2024. Same time, same place.
Retired life insurance company financial executive who sincerely believes that ”It’s a GREAT day to be alive!”
uaeebs86

Post by uaeebs86 »

Stinky wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:42 am Did the song and dance again today. My “promotional” rate evidently ran out, and my monthly cost jumped from
$6.06 to $23.04.

Got on the SXM website, hit “cancel”, didn’t accept the initial computer generated offer of about $15 per month. Then chatted with an agent who gave me the $6.06 rate for another year. And gave me credit for the overpayment for the current month.

Total time = 7 minutes

I just renewed for 24 months for $6.31 per month. Took just a couple minutes.
"Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out." ― John Wooden
neilpilot

Post by neilpilot »

Stinky wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:42 am Did the song and dance again today. My “promotional” rate evidently ran out, and my monthly cost jumped from
$6.06 to $23.04.

Total time = 7 minutes

Just did same. Only 5 minutes, but rate was $5.99 before tax & fees, total up to $7.98.
eddot98

Post by eddot98 »

sailor18 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 7:40 am I have a 2016 model car and my Sirius subscription is about 5 days from expiration. I read on this forum that, for "older" cars (maybe mine doesn't quality), Sirius will offer a $99 for three years renewal. My chat agent wouldn't offer this renewal price to me. He said it was offered only by special email or US Mail offers and that he couldn't send the email to me.

Does anyone have any experience with the three years for $99 renewal process? Thanks!
Yes, just tell them that is what you want and if they don’t give it to you kindly ask for a supervisor or to escalate your request. That worked for me. You can search for my post where I told the group about it.
eddot98

Post by eddot98 »

Here’s what I did:
eddot98 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:47 am
eddot98 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:48 am There’s a deal posted on Slickdeals for returning subscribers for $99 for 3 years plus fees, etc. that turns out to be about $125. This is for the Music Entertainment plan.

https://slickdeals.net/f/16061314-retur ... rchV2Algo1

There’s a lot of caveats, but some folks have successfully reactivated their subscriptions and some other folks have canceled and resubscribed. One caveat is concerning radios in older model cars. Lots of comments from Slickdeals users, which, by the way, along with Ben’s Bargains, are sites I used to visit and get deals through when I was accumulating more stuff. At this time I am trying to go the other way.

I haven’t tried this yet, but it’s tempting.

I don’t recall seeing a post for this deal, but apologies if I missed it.
Update: I called last week about this deal and was told that it only applies if your vehicle is a 2015 or older. We have a 2016 and I asked about an exception since it is only one year out. The rep said that she would escalate my question and someone would get back to me within a few days. The call came today and the rep had no problem giving me the $99 for 3 years deal. With taxes and feee it came out to $120+/- and I got a credit for the current period. It comes out to $3.33 a month for the Music and Entertainment package that we currently have. Cancel any time and get a refund of remaining time or transfer to another vehicle. Pretty good deal.
UnLearnYourself

Post by UnLearnYourself »

I've been getting peppered with an offer $99 for 3 years! This appears to be the best I've received.

Historically I won't sign up unless they give me the $60/yr deal + an amazon echo (or other similar device). Then I'd sell that device for $20-$40 and buy my net annual costs down to $20-$40 total.

DONT PAY FULL PRICE THOUGH!! When your deal expires, cancel. They will chase you down and offer deals that can sometimes get increasingly better (to a point...with the $99/3 yr and $60/yr + device being the best I've landed on).
FreemanB

Post by FreemanB »

After years of dealing with the SiriusXM renewal hassle, I signed up for a 3 month trial of Youtube Music early this year. I can plug my phone in and use Android Auto to listen to it in my car, and my wife's has it built in, so it is always available while driving. After the 3 month trial was up, I realized that I hadn't listened to SiriusXM at all the entire time. So I canceled Sirius, and now I pay $10/month(Or $99/year, can't remember which plan I'm on), I can listen to whatever I want, when I want it, and I don't have to deal with reminders to call to renew the discount from Sirius, for only a few dollars more per month.
hudson

Post by hudson »

$6.06 to $23.04.

Total time = 7 minutes

Thanks! I got my renewal letter; it's about time.
So $6.06 X 12 or 72.72 out the door?
cowbman

Post by cowbman »

UnLearnYourself wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:53 pm I've been getting peppered with an offer $99 for 3 years! This appears to be the best I've received.

Historically I won't sign up unless they give me the $60/yr deal + an amazon echo (or other similar device). Then I'd sell that device for $20-$40 and buy my net annual costs down to $20-$40 total.

DONT PAY FULL PRICE THOUGH!! When your deal expires, cancel. They will chase you down and offer deals that can sometimes get increasingly better (to a point...with the $99/3 yr and $60/yr + device being the best I've landed on).
$33/year I would consider
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

hudson wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:05 pm
$6.06 to $23.04.

Total time = 7 minutes

Thanks! I got my renewal letter; it's about time.
So $6.06 X 12 or 72.72 out the door?
Yes, that was my experience.

I didn’t get a renewal letter. My notification was when they charged me $23.04 on my credit card. That’s when I knew it was time to song and dance.
Retired life insurance company financial executive who sincerely believes that ”It’s a GREAT day to be alive!”
UnLearnYourself

cowbman wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:10 pm
UnLearnYourself wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:53 pm I've been getting peppered with an offer $99 for 3 years! This appears to be the best I've received.

www.siriusxm.com/my3year
UnLearnYourself

UnLearnYourself wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:56 pm
cowbman wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:10 pm

www.siriusxm.com/my3year
It's actually $99/3 yrs ($33/yr) or $149/5 yrs ($29.80/yr)
vbjd1111

Post by vbjd1111 »

I appreciate the information shared here, but it's hard to understand without knowing which package you are choosing. I use Sirius to listen to out of market sports so have the Platinum package. Best rate they are offering me is $10.91/month which is what I paid last year as well. (This includes streaming and a car receiver.)
suf

Post by suf »

eddot98 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:49 pm Here’s what I did:
eddot98 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:47 am
eddot98 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:48 am There’s a deal posted on Slickdeals for returning subscribers for $99 for 3 years plus fees, etc. that turns out to be about $125. This is for the Music Entertainment plan.

https://slickdeals.net/f/16061314-retur ... rchV2Algo1

There’s a lot of caveats, but some folks have successfully reactivated their subscriptions and some other folks have canceled and resubscribed. One caveat is concerning radios in older model cars. Lots of comments from Slickdeals users, which, by the way, along with Ben’s Bargains, are sites I used to visit and get deals through when I was accumulating more stuff. At this time I am trying to go the other way.

I haven’t tried this yet, but it’s tempting.

I don’t recall seeing a post for this deal, but apologies if I missed it.
Update: I called last week about this deal and was told that it only applies if your vehicle is a 2015 or older. We have a 2016 and I asked about an exception since it is only one year out. The rep said that she would escalate my question and someone would get back to me within a few days. The call came today and the rep had no problem giving me the $99 for 3 years deal. With taxes and feee it came out to $120+/- and I got a credit for the current period. It comes out to $3.33 a month for the Music and Entertainment package that we currently have. Cancel any time and get a refund of remaining time or transfer to another vehicle. Pretty good deal.
This worked for me today!
I have a 2016 vehicle and asked for an exception when told it was only 2015 and earlier models.
Thanks!
Paul78

Post by Paul78 »

10 year follow up. I did the premium lifetime plan for just under $800 just about 10 years ago. Car only has 90k miles on it currently so hoping to get 10 more years out of the lifetime plan.

On the plus side it was one and done. One call, one payment. No calling every year to get the special rate. Also the lifetime plans were not suppose to have access to the application/online radio (which has a ton more stations) but they did end up activating that on my account a few years ago.

I would say for the first 8 years of so it was a huge plus. But now I both finally have a cell plan with decent data (can stream music) and broke down and always have a streaming/download service (bounce back and forth between Spotify and Amazon to get promo rates).

So money wise it probably would have been better just to deal with the hassle of calling once a year to get a good rate then just dropping it completely after 8 years. But in the end it wasn't that bad of a choice and I still use sirus for short drives or when I am to lazy to get my phone connected to the car.
Starbase

Post by Starbase »

Leesbro63 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:20 pm
boglegirl wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:30 pm
cowdogman wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:19 am ...
Honestly it's a relief. I hate dealing with this company...
They make this SO painful. I've just spent >30 minutes on online-chat trying to cancel. FINALLY got a confirmation after 9 requests.

I was thinking of signing up again before a 3 week road trip later this year, but this experience may have turned me off of them forever. :x I realize I'm not a valuable customer to them, as I only sign up when I'm getting a good deal. But still...couldn't they work on their customer satisfaction a tiny bit?
Most new cars come with a 3 month free Sirius trial already to go with no phone call needed. It might make sense just to buy a new car every three months! :beer
That's exactly what i'm doing to save $5/month :happy
Receo

Post by Receo »

Go to the online Chat at SiriusXM.com. Tell them you want to cancel. They immediately offer an amount less than what is currently asked for. Tell them no. They immediately make a much better offer. Takes about 10 minutes. My price went from $30/month to $19.83/month to $11.33/month. I paid in-full, $135 and change for the Platinum service. Done.
canderson

Post by canderson »

Today was my day. Took less than 2 minutes online - actually the agent immediately offered the $5/12 plan. Just say cancel, give the info to the auto assistant, and then the agent will offer. If they aren't a good offer, say no and you'll get more. If not, cancel and wait 5 minutes and resubscribe.

I probably qualify for the $99/3 years but we'll be buying a new car soon and it likely won't actually transfer. Plus I probably won't use the service in 2 years with a new car and Spotify, etc. easier to use.

Easy peasy.
notjackjack

Post by notjackjack »

And today was my day. Logged into their website, navigated to my account, clicked "cancel my subscription" (or something similar). A chat box opened and I said that I'm retired and the new (~$20/month price) was too much. They immediately offered me $5.99/month plus fees and taxes which left me with a grand total of $7.27 a month. I was as nice, and polite as I could be to the chat person. Done in maybe 5 or 10 minutes.
hudson

Post by hudson »

notjackjack wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:33 pm And today was my day. Logged into their website, navigated to my account, clicked "cancel my subscription" (or something similar). A chat box opened and I said that I'm retired and the new (~$20/month price) was too much. They immediately offered me $5.99/month plus fees and taxes which left me with a grand total of $7.27 a month. I was as nice, and polite as I could be to the chat person. Done in maybe 5 or 10 minutes.
87.24 a year...out the door.
Useful info, thanks!
tj

Post by tj »

I'm surprised how many people don't just use FM radio
Leesbro63

Post by Leesbro63 »

tj wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:11 pm I'm surprised how many people don't just use FM radio
There is a logical reason.
tj

Post by tj »

Leesbro63 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:20 pm
tj wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:11 pm I'm surprised how many people don't just use FM radio
To avoid commercials? I listen to the classical station, so there are none.
Leesbro63

Post by Leesbro63 »

tj wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:28 pm
On FM?
tj

Post by tj »

Leesbro63 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:30 pm
On FM?
Yeah. Its public radio. Sometimes they have sponsor reads, but its not that intrusive. It's really only jarring when they have member drives, which are obviously necessary.
Leesbro63

Post by Leesbro63 »

tj wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:44 pm
Leesbro63 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:30 pm
On FM?
Yeah. Its public radio. Sometimes they have sponsor reads, but its not that intrusive. It's really only jarring when they have member drives, which are obviously necessary.
Classical music is great. Classical even! But most of us don’t listen to that exclusively or at all.
Topic Author
catdude

Post by catdude »

This afternoon I initiated an online chat with SXM due to the upcoming expiration of my promo rate. The chatbot quickly handed me over to a live CSR. She pulled up my account and noted that I've had several discounts in the past. She said that she wanted to save me the trouble of negotiating the rate every year, and offered me their "Platinum Advantage Plan" for $9.99 per month + fees + taxes. The rate is permanent... it won't automatically default to the full rate at the end of a promo period. It's $9.99 per month + fees + taxes (works out to $12.13/month). It's subject to periodic rate increases (inflation adjustments, etc.), but I always have the option of dropping the service if I object to an increase.

I decided to accept the offer. It's basically the same price I've been paying for awhile now. Maybe I could've negotiated a lower rate, but as I've said before in this thread, there's a show on SXM that I really enjoy and want to support. And I find myself listening more to SXM as time goes by. I'm willing to pay the 12 bucks a month for the service.

Anyway, it sounds like this is their response to folks like us contacting them every year trying to get a better rate. They're onto us! As for me, I'm just glad I don't have to go thru the annual kabuki theatre anymore.

I'd be curious to know if any of y'all have gotten the Platinum Advantage Plan, and if so, for how much?
catdude | | All generalizations are false, including this one.
MisterBill

Post by MisterBill »

catdude wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:15 pm This afternoon I initiated an online chat with SXM due to the upcoming expiration of my promo rate. The chatbot quickly handed me over to a live CSR. She pulled up my account and noted that I've had several discounts in the past. She said that she wanted to save me the trouble of negotiating the rate every year, and offered me their "Platinum Advantage Plan" for $9.99 per month + fees + taxes. The rate is permanent... it won't automatically default to the full rate at the end of a promo period. It's $9.99 per month + fees + taxes (works out to $12.13/month). It's subject to periodic rate increases (inflation adjustments, etc.), but I always have the option of dropping the service if I object to an increase.
How does that differ from the Platinum Plan? I have an inactive radio (as well as one whose discounted annual subscription is coming up for renewal) and they keep sending me offers for the Platinum Plan for $5/mo, billed monthly. The only thing that I really care about on Platinum is MLB broadcasts, but I was going to ask if I could get that rate on my renewal. The other option is to cancel for now. We'll be away for a week and a half at the end of August, so I won't be without it for that long (or can always get a free 3/6 month streaming subscription), and I figure by the time I get back they will be offering me a good promotion to come back. Maybe even the 3 months for ~$100 that we've seen.
Topic Author
catdude

Post by catdude »

MisterBill wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:50 pm
catdude wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:15 pm This afternoon I initiated an online chat with SXM due to the upcoming expiration of my promo rate. The chatbot quickly handed me over to a live CSR. She pulled up my account and noted that I've had several discounts in the past. She said that she wanted to save me the trouble of negotiating the rate every year, and offered me their "Platinum Advantage Plan" for $9.99 per month + fees + taxes. The rate is permanent... it won't automatically default to the full rate at the end of a promo period. It's $9.99 per month + fees + taxes (works out to $12.13/month). It's subject to periodic rate increases (inflation adjustments, etc.), but I always have the option of dropping the service if I object to an increase.
How does that differ from the Platinum Plan? I have an inactive radio (as well as one whose discounted annual subscription is coming up for renewal) and they keep sending me offers for the Platinum Plan for $5/mo, billed monthly. The only thing that I really care about on Platinum is MLB broadcasts, but I was going to ask if I could get that rate on my renewal. The other option is to cancel for now. We'll be away for a week and a half at the end of August, so I won't be without it for that long (or can always get a free 3/6 month streaming subscription), and I figure by the time I get back they will be offering me a good promotion to come back. Maybe even the 3 months for ~$100 that we've seen.
I just checked the SXM website. There's no mention of the Platinum Advantage Plan.... maybe it's only offered to people who contact them to negotiate their subscription rate. They do have info on the "Platinum Plan" ($1 for 3 months, then $24 a month). They do have a page of "More Plans" (see link below) which appear geared to new subscribers.

https://www.siriusxm.com/plans/more?int ... _MorePlans
MisterBill

Post by MisterBill »

catdude wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:20 pm I just checked the SXM website. There's no mention of the Platinum Advantage Plan.... maybe it's only offered to people who contact them to negotiate their subscription rate. They do have info on the "Platinum Plan" ($1 for 3 months, then $24 a month). They do have a page of "More Plans" (see link below) which appear geared to new subscribers.

https://www.siriusxm.com/plans/more?int ... _MorePlans
Still don't understand it. Is there anything you listen to that is in the Platinum plan, like Howard Stern or MLB? Otherwise, you should have told them that you wanted the music package that you can easily get for $60/yr plus fees. And just FYI, their first offer is rarely the best you can do.

After my last post, I went in and created a free six-moth streaming subscription with a current Samsung promo. Will cancel my current subscription when the current paid term is up and then see what they're offering me in September.
Topic Author
catdude

Post by catdude »

MisterBill wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:40 pm
Still don't understand it. Is there anything you listen to that is in the Platinum plan, like Howard Stern or MLB?
I'm listening to Howard Stern right now (even though I have no interest in doing so). And I was listening to MLB a few minutes ago.
MisterBill

Post by MisterBill »

catdude wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:49 pm
MisterBill wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:40 pm
Still don't understand it. Is there anything you listen to that is in the Platinum plan, like Howard Stern or MLB?
I'm listening to Howard Stern right now (even though I have no interest in doing so). And I was listening to MLB a few minutes ago.
If it were me, I'd contact them again to get the $5/mo offer for the lesser plan, but maybe you'll get use of the other channels.
Wings2525

Post by Wings2525 »

Just had my annual online chat negotiation with SiriusXM. Was able to get a 12 month Music & Entertainment renewal for $15.34 (taxes and fees included, 2 vehicles). No change from previous 12 months. It was the most painless renewal I've had with them.
Say Ya to Da UP, eh?
Topic Author
catdude

Post by catdude »

Wings2525 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:17 pm Just had my annual online chat negotiation with SiriusXM. Was able to get a 12 month Music & Entertainment renewal for $15.34 (taxes and fees included, 2 vehicles). No change from previous 12 months. It was the most painless renewal I've had with them.
Is that $15.34 per month?
8foot7

Post by 8foot7 »

I got the $5/month for Platinum for a year via chat. Took 2 tries; the first rep didn't want to give it up, but I knew it was there.
Let's go over the details. The Monthly SiriusXM Platinum Promotional plan you chose starts today and comes to $6.47 per month for the initial 12 months period, which includes fees and taxes. Your bill is $2.46 for the initial period, which includes fees and taxes.
After your first 12 months, beginning on July 13, 2024 your subscription will automatically renew to the SiriusXM Music & Entertainment Monthly package and bill every month at then-current rates for an estimated total charge of $24.60, which includes fees and taxes. You may cancel at any time by calling us at 866-635-2349. You may see a renewal with a pro-rated charge to align with the billing date on your account.
Your Customer Agreement including the refund policy can be found on our website at: siriusxm.com or you can request it at any time by phone. If there is an email address on your account, a confirmation of this transaction will be sent to that email address within 5 days.
Do you accept these terms?
And may I have your permission to charge your card ending in 1002 now for $2.46, and for all future charges?
I like having in the car, but with Spotify, podcasts, Apple Music etc I simply don't need it at all. $5/mo is noise in our budget, however, and it's worth that to me, but not any more than that. Plus with the Amex Platinum credit, the expense is minimal anyway (we derive far more value in in travel and associated benefits from the card than the $695 fee, so the SiriusXM credit is essentially free money).