[What TV Show Have You Recently Watched?]

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
JackoC

Re: [What TV Show Have You Recently Watched?]

Post by JackoC »

vbdoug wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:18 pm "Sherlock", my favorite Netflix show of all time, is currently available on Prime. It is not available on Netflix.

"Extraordinary Attorney Woo" from South Korea is on Netflix.
It is excellent.

Kudos forever to "The Big Bang". On reruns everywhere.

I am both amused and entertained by shows with mildly autistic characters.
I liked Sherlock and Attorney Woo, though maybe not specifically because of the characters' implicit or explicit autism, respectively. Just both good shows with good mix of comedy and drama. Charles Murphy gives 'Big Bang' as an example (among various things) that supposedly you're in an 'elite bubble' if you don't like or watch it. Maybe I am, watched parts of episodes but it didn't make me want to watch more.

On the related tangent of Korean shows, somebody in a post way back said they liked Woo and 'Crashlanding on You' (heiress' hang glider ends up North Korea). I thought the latter was too cartoonish, quit after one episode. You can't argue taste. I also liked 'The King's Affection', which has the same lead actress as Woo, Park Eun-bin. It's not *as* good IMO but good. Woo is a quite clever and feel-good show. 'Affection' is a more standard Joseon Dynasty period drama, but does tug at the heart strings. Squid Game is another ROK show I like. Watching these shows is my recent method of practicing the language, I go slow in Korean audio and subtitles mode rereading and looking up words, then second time full speed. Shows differ more due to translation from Korean than French (only other foreign language where I can watch a TV show). Woo has fairly frequent plays on words and word origin where they have to substitute something else in the English version because it doesn't translate. In 'Affection' characters sometimes read from or quote from Classical Chinese texts but using Korean pronunciation of Chinese characters. The English and Korean subtitles just present that phonetically (you can see which characters in the Chinese subtitles): not many modern people in any country understand that audio on the fly. But often the characters will then explain in Korean what they just said.
roamingzebra

Post by roamingzebra »

I'm nearing the end of "My Brilliant Friend", which features a long-running somewhat toxic friendship which started on the outskirts of Naples. I have mixed thoughts on it.

I like it for the Italian culture and insight into the political unrest of the time. Plus insights into class structure (working class vs elite academic). Also for the "travelogue" aspect -- beautiful beach scenes on the island of Ischia were especially good. Also liked it for the unique characters and families that we follow for two decades, all of who originated in a small neighborhood of street vendors and shop owners where everyone knows one another.

What I didn't like so much were the constant "reaction shots" of the narrator/character. The camera lingers on this character's tightly controlled facial expressions for long seconds at a time where we are basically asked to interpret her emotion, and it gets old. The flip side is that it's stereotype-busting (i.e., a good thing) to see a southern Italian portrayed as quiet, observant and cerebral.

Overall, it's a well-done series and very European/Italian. But I wouldn't recommend it for everyone.

Note that there is an unusual level of brutal, physical violence, more than is usually seen on screen.
runner26

Post by runner26 »

My most enjoyable 1 1/2 hours in some time on PBS. Joni Mitchell receiving the Library of Congress Gershwin Award with a tribute concert. If you are a fan of her music, it is not to be missed. If you can't find on your local PBS, this link might work for you, at least for some time.
https://www.pbs.org/video/joni-mitchell ... win-prize/
audiophile1

Post by audiophile1 »

jjunk wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:06 pm
audiophile1 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:17 pm Ozark, currently half way through the second season. This is addictive!
Ozark is incredible. It's not quite Breaking Bad levels of amazing but its pretty close. They really didnt have a bad episode IMO. Enjoy the ride :happy
We blew through season 3 in a week, it took a lot of willpower to keep it to one episode per night, that was a wild season! I agree it's not quite Breaking Bad (or I have a slight preference for Better Call Saul) levels. During season 3 it did feel like it was more influenced by Vince Gilligan with some of the camera angles and other stylistic choices.
Conch55

Post by Conch55 »

The Night Agent on Netflix. Decent, typical for espionage/thriller shows.
stoptothink

Post by stoptothink »

Conch55 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:09 am The Night Agent on Netflix. Decent, typical for espionage/thriller shows.
Currently watching this and would describe it exactly the same.
TomatoTomahto

Post by TomatoTomahto »

stoptothink wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 6:01 am
Conch55 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:09 am The Night Agent on Netflix. Decent, typical for espionage/thriller shows.
My wife made me watch all episodes. There are moments where I felt it was written by a child. I endured.
I get the FI part but not the RE part of FIRE.
theac

Post by theac »

TomatoTomahto wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 6:17 am
My wife made me watch all episodes. There are moments where I felt it was written by a child. I endured.
Wait a minute, are we talking like "Clockwork Orange" making you watch?
Like eyes lids held open with clips made you watch?!!! :shock:
Yikes! :P
"We keep you alive to serve this ship. Row well...and live." Ben Hur...and The Taxman! hahaha (a George Harrison song)
TomatoTomahto

Post by TomatoTomahto »

theac wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:09 am
Wait a minute, are we talking like "Clockwork Orange" making you watch?
Like eyes lids held open with clips made you watch?!!! :shock:
Yikes! :P
Shhh! That's our secret!

Truth is that we get less time together than I'd like (she still works, dammit!) so getting comfortable in the media room and watching is one of our pleasures.
Every now and then we disagree on a show; most often we will agree to abandon a show 10 minutes in as a team. This was a notable exception. Love is strong.

The show had its moments. And non-moments. It' seems to be set up as a repeating series. :oops:
Doom&Gloom

Post by Doom&Gloom »

We watched the first two episodes last night and will continue. About halfway through the first episode as we were discussing whether to continue, I described it as a cartoonish superheroish show but tolerable.
bertilak

Post by bertilak »

Just finished Longmire. Several unbelievable plot anomalies at the end, having to do with the fate of the main characters. Spoiler on the biggest:
===================
Cody was least qualified to take over as sheriff, the one least likely to want the job, and the one least likely to win the election. Throughout, she demonstrated her naivety.
===================
[spoiler color formatted by admin LadyGeek]
May neither drought nor rain nor blizzard disturb the joy juice in your gizzard. -- Squire Omar Barker (aka S.O.B.), the Cowboy Poet
stoptothink

Post by stoptothink »

All these espionage/thriller and Harlan Coben-based shows are similar. Just entertaining enough to finish the season and possibly watch the next iteration. So predictable, but turning them on right before bed gets me prepared for a good night sleep.
MP173

Post by MP173 »

"Unstable" on Netflix, with Rob Lowe and his son. Lowe plays a CEO of a biotech firms. His wife has recently died in an accident and he is facing emotional issues as well as a board of directors who wants to replace him.

The first 2 episodes were not very good, then it suddenly turned...a very formulistic but entertaining comedy of self centered character and their issues. Lots of great characters in this one. We enjoyed it once past the first two episodes. All 8 were binge watched in one evening....that good.

Ed
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

bertilak - I fixed your spoiler color text. You can find the exact colors to use in this post: Re: Please Try Out Test Posts Here
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
Broken Man 1999

Post by Broken Man 1999 »

I am working my way thru Kung Fu for the second time.

The first time was when the series was originally airing, early 70ties. A couple of us would go to our boss's home, share some herb, and watch Kung Fu.

Fortunately my rewatching of the series isn't wasted time for me, as I don't recall any of the plots after fifty years have passed. All brand new for me.

Broken Man 1999
“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven then I shall not go." - Mark Twain
Capsu78

Post by Capsu78 »

MP173 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 6:22 pm "Unstable" on Netflix, with Rob Lowe and his son. Lowe plays a CEO of a biotech firms. His wife has recently died in an accident and he is facing emotional issues as well as a board of directors who wants to replace him.

The first 2 episodes were not very good, then it suddenly turned...a very formulistic but entertaining comedy of self centered character and their issues. Lots of great characters in this one. We enjoyed it once past the first two episodes. All 8 were binge watched in one evening....that good.

Ed
I was just coming here to post this one. I even liked the first 2 E's! I've been a Rob Lowe fan for a long time and I think he is every bit as good a comedy actor as a serious one.
rockstar

Post by rockstar »

Broken Man 1999 wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:02 pm I am working my way thru Kung Fu for the second time.

The first time was when the series was originally airing, early 70ties. A couple of us would go to our boss's home, share some herb, and watch Kung Fu.

Fortunately my rewatching of the series isn't wasted time for me, as I don't recall any of the plots after fifty years have passed. All brand new for me.

Broken Man 1999
Don’t forget about the Legend Continues.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kung_Fu ... _Continues
Conch55

Post by Conch55 »

The Missing season 1 based on recommendations on this site. It's well done, although very dark.
roamingzebra

Post by roamingzebra »

Barkingsparrow wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:08 pm We decided to run through a Acorn TV binge. We started out with "My Life is Murder" with the still very lovely Lucy Lawless (although I admit that I was always more of a Gabrielle fan.........) as a retired detective. Two seasons so far, season one filmed in Melbourne and the second in Auckland. Breezy, inconsequential, but pleasant fun, a nice break from heavier viewing. Especially the 2nd season, nice to see some shots around the beautiful city of Auckland. A 3rd season is in production.
I was looking for something inconsequential and light that didn't engage the brain and stumbled upon "My Life is Murder". I didn't catch the first two seasons but I'd say the "star" of season 3 is whoever is responsible for doing the color scheme. It's pure tropical/neon fun. Just saturates the viewer's senses with color and the brightness of a tropical vacation. Even the landscape gardening seems color-matched to Lawless's outfits. I'm not sure how they do it, but it's pretty incredible.

The plots are, as you say, inconsequential and nothing is taken too seriously. You're basically watching Lawless stride confidently around beautiful Auckland in bright, colorful clothes, mildly ticking off the people she meets with her sarcastic wit. Doesn't sound like much of a plot does it? haha But it keeps the blood pressure down and the endomorphins up, I'd guess.

And the last few minutes of the last episode were pretty funny. Especially with Harry.

Currently I'm watching "C.B. Strike". It didn't take me long to remember it from the J. K. Rowling book. Entertaining enough so far.
bertilak

Post by bertilak »

roamingzebra wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 1:17 pm
Barkingsparrow wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:08 pm We decided to run through a Acorn TV binge. We started out with "My Life is Murder" with the still very lovely Lucy Lawless (although I admit that I was always more of a Gabrielle fan.........) as a retired detective. Two seasons so far, season one filmed in Melbourne and the second in Auckland. Breezy, inconsequential, but pleasant fun, a nice break from heavier viewing. Especially the 2nd season, nice to see some shots around the beautiful city of Auckland. A 3rd season is in production.
I was looking for something inconsequential and light that didn't engage the brain and stumbled upon "My Life is Murder". I didn't catch the first two seasons but I'd say the "star" of season 3 is whoever is responsible for doing the color scheme. It's pure tropical/neon fun. Just saturates the viewer's senses with color and the brightness of a tropical vacation. Even the landscape gardening seems color-matched to Lawless's outfits. I'm not sure how they do it, but it's pretty incredible.

The plots are, as you say, inconsequential and nothing is taken too seriously. You're basically watching Lawless stride confidently around beautiful Auckland in bright, colorful clothes, mildly ticking off the people she meets with her sarcastic wit. Doesn't sound like much of a plot does it? haha But it keeps the blood pressure down and the endomorphins up, I'd guess.

And the last few minutes of the last episode were pretty funny. Especially with Harry.

Currently I'm watching "C.B. Strike". It didn't take me long to remember it from the J. K. Rowling book. Entertaining enough so far.

My Life is Murder is a guilty pleasure for us. Everything said above is true. We are 2 or 3 episodes into season 3. It's a good thing the plots are "inconsequential" because I usually sleep through some of it. It puts us to bed.
May neither drought nor rain nor blizzard disturb the joy juice in your gizzard. -- Squire Omar Barker (aka S.O.B.), the Cowboy Poet
Barkingsparrow

Post by Barkingsparrow »

bertilak wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 1:29 pm My Life is Murder is a guilty pleasure for us. Everything said above is true. We are 2 or 3 episodes into season 3. It's a good thing the plots are "inconsequential" because I usually sleep through some of it. It puts us to bed.
Heh. We are in season 3 now. I like the break this show provides from some of the extremely dark series such as Happy Valley or the
Nordic noir mysteries which seems to always take place in winter.

Besides, having been to Auckland before, I enjoy seeing the scenes around the city. I sure miss New Zealand.
abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Post by abuss368 »

“Miami Vice”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miami_Vice

Timeless!

Best.
Tony
John C. Bogle: “Simplicity is the master key to financial success."
wabbott

Post by wabbott »

abuss368 wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 3:59 pm “Miami Vice”

Timeless!

Best.
Tony
The best episode of the series, imo.
https://miamivice.fandom.com/wiki/Definitely_Miami
abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Post by abuss368 »

wabbott wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 4:02 pm

Timeless!

Best.
Tony
Love that episode. Cruise ship to song “missing you” in the beginning.

“Where the buses don’t run” is another awesome episode.

Best.
Tony
Blues

Post by Blues »

I was working narcotics in Miami during the time that the show was airing. It was fun to watch and a fun time to be working those sorts of cases, even if the show was a bit removed from reality.

Once, some of their prop cocaine ended up in the Miami River and it ended up creating quite a hoopla. Until it was determined to be sham. :oops:

Good times. :sharebeer
abuss368

Post by abuss368 »

Blues wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 4:58 pm I was working narcotics in Miami during the time that the show was airing. It was fun to watch and a fun time to be working those sorts of cases, even if the show was a bit removed from reality.

Once, some of their prop cocaine ended up in the Miami River and it ended up creating quite a hoopla. Until it was determined to be sham. :oops:

I can’t imagine Miami during that time. Bless you.

Prop cocaine? Who would have ever thought.

Best.
Tony
Blues

Post by Blues »

abuss368 wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:26 pm
Blues wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 4:58 pm I was working narcotics in Miami during the time that the show was airing. It was fun to watch and a fun time to be working those sorts of cases, even if the show was a bit removed from reality.

I can’t imagine Miami during that time. Bless you.

Prop cocaine? Who would have ever thought.

Best.
Tony
They weren't allowed to use the "real" stuff for the show. (Imagine that fiasco. LOL.)

A story I can't swear to but I was told by other sworn personnel...

Supposedly Don Johnson was stopped by FL Highway Patrol for an infraction of one sort or another. Trooper approached and Don Johnson handed him his phony police ID from the show. The officer wasn't amused, said "this is a fake badge" and cited him. I can't swear to the authenticity of the story but that's what I heard.

One of the guys from my old group was an "extra" on Miami Vice as well as "Donnie Brasco". I worked UC for a while but not on film.

Thank you for the kind words. I enjoyed the work. (I worked on some of the cases depicted on "Narcos" and "The Infiltrator".)
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

In the movie Easy Rider (1969) the drugs were real.
protagonist

Post by protagonist »

Currently I am switching between Succession season 3, and I just started watching Wednesday, which is a lot better than I thought it would be. I guess it's hard to go wrong with a concept by Charles Addams executed by Tim Burton .
TomatoTomahto

Post by TomatoTomahto »

Watching early Stephen Fry episodes of QI on Britbox with my son. Interesting discussion of the lack of American comedians that can match Stephen Fry.
Surfcaster

Post by Surfcaster »

Just found out MI5 was pulled from Britbox after watching about 2/3 of the shows. Serious withdrawal symptoms already
protagonist

Post by protagonist »

abuss368 wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 4:52 pm
wabbott wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 4:02 pm

Timeless!

Best.
Tony
Love that episode. Cruise ship to song “missing you” in the beginning.

“Where the buses don’t run” is another awesome episode.

Best.
Tony
I was a fan of that show...at least the first few seasons....when it aired in the 1980s.
I hadn't thought much about it since, but based on these comments I watched "Definitely Miami" last night.
I have to say I was disappointed. I don't think the show has stood the test of time.... the dialogue seemed antiquated and a bit silly, the characters unreal and stereotypical and the plot choppy and predictable. I imagine it seemed far better to me in the mid-80s when there was so much less good TV to compare it with.
jjunk

Post by jjunk »

protagonist wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:06 pm Currently I am switching between Succession season 3, and I just started watching Wednesday, which is a lot better than I thought it would be. I guess it's hard to go wrong with a concept by Charles Addams executed by Tim Burton .
We've enjoyed the current season so far. Last night's episode was amazing. We've also been watching Lucky Hank on AMC because we both enjoy Bob Odenkirk. It's an interesting show but it definitely has its gaps.
moshe

Post by moshe »

Amazon:
Daisy Jones and The Six - about 2/3rds through S1. A mockumentary about a rock band. Music is quite good and the look and feel of the time period is spot on. The nostalgia is kicking in.. well for part of it anyway :-)

Rings of power - LOTR spin off - only a few episodes in but seems to be very engaging, interesting and beautifully made.

~Moshe
My money has no emotions. ~Moshe | | I'm the world's greatest expert on my own opinion. ~Bruce Williams
ResearchMed

Post by ResearchMed »

Barkingsparrow wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:56 pm
bertilak wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 1:29 pm My Life is Murder is a guilty pleasure for us. Everything said above is true. We are 2 or 3 episodes into season 3. It's a good thing the plots are "inconsequential" because I usually sleep through some of it. It puts us to bed.
Heh. We are in season 3 now. I like the break this show provides from some of the extremely dark series such as Happy Valley or the
Nordic noir mysteries which seems to always take place in winter.

Besides, having been to Auckland before, I enjoy seeing the scenes around the city. I sure miss New Zealand.

We've just started My Life is Murder, first two episodes of Season 1 this evening.
Yes, a nice break from some of the unpleasantries of other shows... and of some life in general these days.

There's enough to keep one's attention, and without too much of the nastiness of "crime".

It's a pleasant escape without being too blah. But we've only watched two episodes.
We'll keep going for a while. From the above reports, it doesn't seem it will go badly downhill.

Thanks!

RM
This signature is a placebo. You are in the control group.
dknightd

Post by dknightd »

I liked the Big Bang. I also liked Sherlock. I also liked The Ranch. And "beef" on netflix is also good.
Retired 2019. So far, so good. I want to wake up every morning. But I want to die in my sleep. Just another conundrum. I think the solution might be afternoon naps ;)
Artful Dodger

Post by Artful Dodger »

jjunk wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 4:34 pm
protagonist wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:06 pm Currently I am switching between Succession season 3, and I just started watching Wednesday, which is a lot better than I thought it would be. I guess it's hard to go wrong with a concept by Charles Addams executed by Tim Burton .
We've enjoyed the current season so far. Last night's episode was amazing. We've also been watching Lucky Hank on AMC because we both enjoy Bob Odenkirk. It's an interesting show but it definitely has its gaps.
I’m a late comer to Succession, about halfway through season 1, trying to dodge any spoilers about the current season.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Outlander on Netflix in UHD (Ultra High Def) 4k HDR. An English combat nurse from 1945 is mysteriously swept back in time to 1743. This series reminds me of the Vikings and possibly Game of Thrones. Story telling that is very well produced, good acting, and holds your interest the entire time.

I might not be posting here for a while, as it will take time to go through all 5 seasons. I'll see how I feel about going for Seasons 6 and 7 after I finish Season 5.

I have the Netflix Premium subscription which provides the Ultra High-Def versions.

(Seasons 1 - 5 are included with Netflix, or you can purchase Seasons 1 - 6 on Amazon Prime.)
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
TomatoTomahto

Post by TomatoTomahto »

Artful Dodger wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:54 am
I’m a late comer to Succession, about halfway through season 1, trying to dodge any spoilers about the current season.
Good luck avoiding spoilers :oops: I am waiting to watch the latest episode until my wife gets home today after a week away, and I already know more than I want to know. Sometimes journalists suck.
stoptothink

Post by stoptothink »

dknightd wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:10 am I liked the Big Bang. I also liked Sherlock. I also liked The Ranch. And "beef" on netflix is also good.
We're watching "Beef" right now. I actually don't think Ali Wong is funny at all (her stand-up is just not my style), but this show lives up to the high ratings so far. Very entertaining.

I think we'll do "Succession" season 3 and then 4 after. Easily one of my top handful of favorite shows ever.
wabbott

Post by wabbott »

TomatoTomahto wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:43 am
Good luck avoiding spoilers :oops: I am waiting to watch the latest episode until my wife gets home today after a week away, and I already know more than I want to know. Sometimes journalists suck.
We watched ep 3 last night. So is season 4 going to end the series?
TomatoTomahto

Post by TomatoTomahto »

wabbott wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:57 pm
That's my understanding, but never put anything past anyone in media. Maybe there will be a few spin-offs.
roamingzebra

Post by roamingzebra »

TomatoTomahto wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:59 pm
wabbott wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:57 pm

That's my understanding, but never put anything past anyone in media. Maybe there will be a few spin-offs.
Brian Cox has been pretty vocal about being happy the show is ending.

But who knows.
sleepwell

Post by sleepwell »

Those who enjoyed My Life Is Murder might also like Queens of Mystery (only 2 seasons) and/or
The Brokenwood Mysteries (Season 9 just started). Both of these are on Acorn.

Sleepwell
JBTX

Post by JBTX »

Watched CB Strike on HBO based on recommendation. It was pretty good, I enjoyed it.

Luther: the fallen sun - technically a movie - it was ok. I like Luther but the plot here is a bit outlandish.

The playlist - Netflix - a fictionalized version of the founding of Spotify. Started off slow, almost turned it off but it picked up. It’s Swedish, so either listen in English or subtitles.

- The watcher - Netflix - based on true story. New homeowners encounter complicated backstory on house and their new neighbors. Pretty good, not great.
bertilak

Post by bertilak »

JBTX wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:18 pm New homeowners encounter complicated backstory on house and their new neighbors.
You reminded me of the 1981 movie Neighbors with Aykroyd and Belushi.
roamingzebra

Post by roamingzebra »

JBTX wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:18 pm Watched CB Strike on HBO based on recommendation. It was pretty good, I enjoyed it.

Agreed. Not only good quality, but it's rare these days to have shows about private investigators.
Capsu78

Post by Capsu78 »

"Treason" on Netflix...very short "limited series" but covered a lot of plot in those episodes. MI6, CIA and some other nefarious agencies involved.
lostdog

Post by lostdog »

Mayor of KingsTown on Paramount+

Great show. If you don't like violence and nudity, don't watch it.
Stocks-80% || Bonds-20% || VTI/VXUS/AOR
roamingzebra

Post by roamingzebra »

Barkingsparrow wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:17 pm Currently watching season one of "Trapped" - an Icelandic Nordic Noir mystery taking place in a very dark and snowy remote area of Iceland. Kind of a slow start but it's starting to grab us.
I'm two episodes into "Trapped". Whether or not the entire season lives up to the hype, I really enjoy the setting. When I think of Iceland, I usually think of a tectonic moonscape... which in itself is interesting. But this series takes place in the north of Iceland where there are fjords. Really stunning.

I understand that even though season 1 gets high marks, season 2 has not been well-received. Whatever. I'm happy just getting a glimpse into the activities of a fjord-surrounded port, mystery or not, well-done or not.