[What TV Show Have You Recently Watched?]

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
roamingzebra

Re: [What TV Show Have You Recently Watched?]

Post by roamingzebra »

michaeljc70 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:22 am I was going to watch the Witcher Blood Origins but the reviews are awful on IMDB. I'll probably give one episode a go and see.
Reviews are weird. IMDB user reviews are usually a pretty good gauge of a show's quality, but here's an example I don't get:

8.5 0zark
8.6 Mr Robot <-----------currently watching
8.9 Better Call Saul

I've just started Season 2 and I wouldn't put "Mr. Robot" anywhere near "Ozark" or "Better Call Saul". I thought maybe there had been a "campaign" with rating stuffing but other sites had the rating super high as well.

In my case, it may just be a matter of characters. Shows that I like usually have characters I like. "Mr. Robot" has characters I mostly don't like and the plot itself seems kind of hackneyed (the world is going to end kind of hackneyed). I will probably finish the rest of the series just because. But for me at any rate it's not bingeable.
michaeljc70

Post by michaeljc70 »

roamingzebra wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:35 pm
michaeljc70 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:22 am I was going to watch the Witcher Blood Origins but the reviews are awful on IMDB. I'll probably give one episode a go and see.
Reviews are weird. IMDB user reviews are usually a pretty good gauge of a show's quality, but here's an example I don't get:

8.5 0zark
8.6 Mr Robot <-----------currently watching
8.9 Better Call Saul

I've just started Season 2 and I wouldn't put "Mr. Robot" anywhere near "Ozark" or "Better Call Saul". I thought maybe there had been a "campaign" with rating stuffing but other sites had the rating super high as well.

In my case, it may just be a matter of characters. Shows that I like usually have characters I like. "Mr. Robot" has characters I mostly don't like and the plot itself seems kind of hackneyed (the world is going to end kind of hackneyed). I will probably finish the rest of the series just because. But for me at any rate it's not bingeable.
There are certain types of movies/shows that I think get high ratings on IMDB (or anywhere really) due to a few factors. I've noticed there are lots of fans around some of the popular franchises like Marvel, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Dr. Who, Harry Potter, etc. and I think that these super fans like/enjoy and highly rate them even if they aren't the best in terms of story, acting etc. I think Mr. Robot kind of falls into a niche and that could be happening there.

I am not going to give any spoilers, but as Mr. Robot progressed I thought it was ingenious.

I think that a lot of the bad reviews for Blood Origins were due to people that had read the book and preferred the book. At least the few reviews I read stated that.

I generally don't watch anything that falls below 6 on IMDB unless what I know about the story really, really appeals to me or someone I know personally recommends it.
TomatoTomahto

Post by TomatoTomahto »

michaeljc70 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:22 am
I am going to start Jack Ryan Season 3. I totally like those types of shows, but season 2 was not great to me. Even for a made up tv show it was a stretch.
My wife made me watch it. It had high production values. I like John Krasinski and Michael Kelly. Nothing else good to say.
I get the FI part but not the RE part of FIRE.
peppers

Post by peppers »

Jack Ryan

Watched season 3. It was disappointing.
"..the cavalry ain't comin' kid, you're on your own..."
michaeljc70

Post by michaeljc70 »

I finished The English last week. I liked it. I am normally not into Westerns. It is only 6 episodes and stars Emily Blunt. It is about a wealthy English woman that travels to the US at the end of the 19th century to seek revenge for the death of her son. It is on Prime Video.
stoptothink

Post by stoptothink »

peppers wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:10 pm Jack Ryan

We also watched this in the last few weeks. It is what you expect it to be: kind of cheesy, very predictable, but halfway decent entertainment value.
TimDex

Post by TimDex »

Don’t watch any recent cable or network tv. Have watched Shetland on Britbox…recommend the first two seasons only. Rest of it very subpar. Also watched Jonathan Creek from late nineties. Pretty good. All the old Morse series. Lewis got a little woke toward the end, Endeavour more so. It was watchable. Also subscribed to what’s now called Wondrium (the old great courses, what were they thinking?). Their history courses are very good, anything by Philip Daileader on the Middle Ages, and anything at all by Kenneth Harl who is superb.
"All man's miseries derive from not being able to sit quietly in a room alone. " -- Pascal
rich126

Post by rich126 »

I could fill this thread with all of the stuff I've been watching. My wife has been sick (nothing too serious) so I've been mostly on my computer and watching/listening to tv shows while helping her out as needed.

Young British Baking Championship (on Netflix). Another cooking show but watching the kids is very entertaining. Some are quite good, others tend to invoke the 5 second rule quite often :)

Fauda - Might have mentioned this before but very good and violent. (Netflix)

School of Chocolate - What this guy does with chocolate is amazing to me. (Netflix)

James May (Amazon Prime) - I just find him entertaining. He has mini-series on traveling through Japan and Italy.

Covert Affairs (Peacock) - This is from a decade or two ago but Piper Perabo and the guy who plays Augie make a good duo working for the CIA. A more light weight spy show. Violence but not extreme that you would see on cable since it originally aired on USA network.
----------------------------- | If you think something is important and it doesn't involve the health of someone, think again. Life goes too fast, enjoy it and be nice.
You Know What I Mean

Post by You Know What I Mean »

Bacchus01 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:13 pm Half way through Pine Gap on Netflix. Better than I expected it to be.
I finished it last night. I liked the characters and the drama of real-time intelligence operations. Not sure how realistic it was, but I thought it was entertaining.
"Well, she was just seventeen, You Know What I Mean, and the way she looked... was way beyond compare."
ruralavalon

Post by ruralavalon »

Vera, on Britbox and Amazon Prime.

I just started the T.V. series, I read the excellent books by Ann Cleeves years ago. These are stories of an older woman police detective northern England. The T.V. episodes seem darker and more disturbing than I remember the books, but still good so far. There are 11 seasons with 4 long episodes each season.

Recommended.

Trailer.
"Everything should be as simple as it is, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein | Wiki article link: Bogleheads® investment philosophy
bertilak

Post by bertilak »

Professor T, 2021+, staring Ben Miller, he from the early seasons of Death in Paradise. Seen on Amazon Prime.

It is a genuine mystery show that has a touch of well done, reserved, humor. There are some interesting and fun effects as the Professor's memories (Suicidal father, overbearing mother) come back to haunt him. He also enjoys picturing people (e.g., dim-witted students) in various unflattering ways.

Lots of Cambridge atmosphere. Reviews use the words "brilliant" and "outstanding."

This is a very enjoyable show, and I will keep up with it. I hope there are more seasons to come. I think there are 2 in the bag so far.
May neither drought nor rain nor blizzard disturb the joy juice in your gizzard. -- Squire Omar Barker (aka S.O.B.), the Cowboy Poet
Tom_T

Post by Tom_T »

"1923" ("Yellowstone" prequel). Anything with Harrison Ford and Helen Mirren is worth a look.

Rewatched "Twin Peaks: The Return" (also known as "David Lynch unleashed from network executives.")

Coming up this weekend: S3E1 of "All Creatures Great and Small", which is my Sunday night PBS balm.
IowaFarmWife

Post by IowaFarmWife »

Tom_T wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:57 pm "1923" ("Yellowstone" prequel). Anything with Harrison Ford and Helen Mirren is worth a look.

Rewatched "Twin Peaks: The Return" (also known as "David Lynch unleashed from network executives.")
Coming up this weekend: S3E1 of "All Creatures Great and Small", which is my Sunday night PBS balm.
I like that show, too. :happy
"A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore." Yogi Berra's financial wisdom.
michaeljc70

Post by michaeljc70 »

I am 90% through The Recruit. Netflix. A young CIA lawyer gets thrust into situations he is not prepared/trained for. I have mixed feelings on the show. I'd give it a 6/10.
Barkingsparrow

Post by Barkingsparrow »

"Three Pines" - Amazon Prime

For the most part, we found this series watchable. We liked the characters, especially Alfred Molina as Chief Inspector Gamache. I found some of the murder plots over the top and contrived, and in one case (the plot around eps 3/4) to be ridiculous as a result of a blatant deus ex machina intervention. Some of the family melodrama felt a bit cliche and overwrought. If there is a season 2, I hope they can clean up the writing because there's a lot of potential here, with a solid cast and interesting locales.
roamingzebra

Post by roamingzebra »

Barkingsparrow wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:23 pm "Three Pines" - Amazon Prime

For the most part, we found this series watchable. We liked the characters, especially Alfred Molina as Chief Inspector Gamache. I found some of the murder plots over the top and contrived, and in one case (the plot around eps 3/4) to be ridiculous as a result of a blatant deus ex machina intervention. Some of the family melodrama felt a bit cliche and overwrought. If there is a season 2, I hope they can clean up the writing because there's a lot of potential here, with a solid cast and interesting locales.

I eventually plan to watch "Three Pines", in part, because I read (rightly or wrongly) that the detectives were refreshingly "normal", as in free from emotional turmoil. In other words, not recovering addicts, not victims of abuse, not suffering from mental illness, etc. etc. But now that you mention overwrought family melodrama, I guess the darkness and or melodrama is hard to get away from... although without knowing, the family melodrama may be around the suspects/witnesses and not the detectives themselves.

On a somewhat related note, here's an update on "Mr. Robot" for anyone who cares :mrgreen: ... I'm nearing season three and will welome a normalcy break after this show. :) The main character has multiple mental disorders, and while I'm no psychiatrist Wikipedia says they are: social anxiety disorder, clinical depression and dissociative identity disorder. I guess the latter is what explains why Elliot has an imaginary friend. The mental illness is not the part that grates -- Elliot is a sympathetic character -- it's his monotone and slowness in talk and action. There is a constant monotone narration of his thoughts with his imaginary friend.

One of the "need to suspend disbelief" parts of the show is how Elliot wanders around the city shrouded in a dark hoodie, with a sunken face and nervously darting eyes and yet everyone he encounters views him as a regular, average person. Not suspicious at all. :) Or maybe it's simply because that's how things work in New York City. :)

Anyway, the show is getting better and it does have its moments. The series is after all ostensibly about hacking and there is a big plot based on that.
Barkingsparrow

Post by Barkingsparrow »

roamingzebra wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:24 pm I eventually plan to watch "Three Pines", in part, because I read (rightly or wrongly) that the detectives were refreshingly "normal", as in free from emotional turmoil. In other words, not recovering addicts, not victims of abuse, not suffering from mental illness, etc. etc. But now that you mention overwrought family melodrama, I guess the darkness and or melodrama is hard to get away from... although without knowing, the family melodrama may be around the suspects/witnesses and not the detectives themselves.
Not to spoil things - but yes, Inspector Gamache was a breath of fresh air compared to other TV detectives. And yes, most of the melodrama centered around suspects/witnesses,etc.
ruralavalon

Post by ruralavalon »

Barkingsparrow wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:31 pm
roamingzebra wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:24 pm I eventually plan to watch "Three Pines", in part, because I read (rightly or wrongly) that the detectives were refreshingly "normal", as in free from emotional turmoil. In other words, not recovering addicts, not victims of abuse, not suffering from mental illness, etc. etc. But now that you mention overwrought family melodrama, I guess the darkness and or melodrama is hard to get away from... although without knowing, the family melodrama may be around the suspects/witnesses and not the detectives themselves.
Not to spoil things - but yes, Inspector Gamache was a breath of fresh air compared to other TV detectives. And yes, most of the melodrama centered around suspects/witnesses,etc.
I enjoy the T.V. series, which I am currently watching. The Inspector Gamache/Three Pines books by Louise Penny are even better in my opinion.
"Everything should be as simple as it is, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein | Wiki article link: Bogleheads® investment philosophy
Capsu78

Post by Capsu78 »

"Madoff: The Monster of Wall Street" on Netflix (Limited series). I knew a lot about the story from following it in real time but this certainly put some color in it. If you like shady Financial stories you should enjoy it.
Ron Ronnerson

Post by Ron Ronnerson »

We recently got NetFlix so a bit late to the game. Ended up watching the entire series of The Good Place over the past couple of weeks and enjoyed it very much. A unique concept, unpredictable plot, characters you root for, and funny zingers all mixed together. It’s well-written and acted. A gem of a show. Haven’t found anything I’ve liked so much in a long while.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

oldcomputerguy wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:32 am My wife is watching Wednesday, which (as noted above) is a take on the Wednesday Addams character from "The Addams Family". It's pretty dark, but entertaining IMHO. Tim Burton directed some of the episodes, and I think the series as a whole shows his influence. Jenna Ortega does a good job portraying the dark, brooding Wednesday.
Wednesday, on Netflix. I'm up to Episode 4 and am enjoying it very much. The influence of Tim Burton makes this series and you can see it everywhere.

I see subtle references to the original series in some of the scene backgrounds.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
theac

Post by theac »

LadyGeek wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:31 pm
oldcomputerguy wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:32 am My wife is watching Wednesday, which (as noted above) is a take on the Wednesday Addams character from "The Addams Family". It's pretty dark, but entertaining IMHO. Tim Burton directed some of the episodes, and I think the series as a whole shows his influence. Jenna Ortega does a good job portraying the dark, brooding Wednesday.
Wednesday, on Netflix. I'm up to Episode 4 and am enjoying it very much. The influence of Tim Burton makes this series and you can see it everywhere.

I see subtle references to the original series in some of the scene backgrounds.
Yeah I really liked it a lot too. It was a big hit, so looking forward to season 2.
As a kid the original "The Addams Family" and "The Munsters" were two favorites.
"We keep you alive to serve this ship. Row well...and live." Ben Hur...and The Taxman! hahaha (a George Harrison song)
MDfan

Post by MDfan »

peppers wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:10 pm Jack Ryan

Better than season 2, but not by much. Some good locations. I have trouble getting over the fact that I'm watching Jim from the Office playing basically a superhero. I keep waiting for him to turn to the camera and raise his eyebrows.
NOLA

Post by NOLA »

maxim81 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:30 pm Hidden gems on AMC+:

McMafia
Little Drummer Girl
Gangs of London

Don’t forget about “The Bureau”. One of the best shows we have seen in years. It’s in French, but easy to keep up with subtitles!
Blues

Post by Blues »

"Ashes to Ashes" . Essentially a sequel to "Life on Mars" BritBox.
bertilak

Post by bertilak »

Blues wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:07 pm "Ashes to Ashes" . Essentially a sequel to "Life on Mars" BritBox.
I liked Life on Mars very much. I THINK I saw Ashes but remember nothing about it.
May neither drought nor rain nor blizzard disturb the joy juice in your gizzard. -- Squire Omar Barker (aka S.O.B.), the Cowboy Poet
roamingzebra

Post by roamingzebra »

theac wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:59 pm Yeah I really liked it a lot too. It was a big hit, so looking forward to season 2.
As a kid the original "The Addams Family" and "The Munsters" were two favorites.
Don't forget to tell us when you've seen any "Felix the Cat" episodes. :) I haven't looked for any myself, but I had found "Gumby" episodes on YouTube. I didn't get very far watching though since they get pretty cringy after a while. :D
wilson08

Post by wilson08 »

Just finished Season 5 of The Crown and thoroughly enjoyed this season
as well as the previous four. The settings and content are excellent. The
woman playing Diana in Season 5 (Elizabeth Debicki) is spot on in voice and
appearance.
Viewed on Netflix.
theac

Post by theac »

roamingzebra wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:45 pm
theac wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:59 pm Yeah I really liked it a lot too. It was a big hit, so looking forward to season 2.
Don't forget to tell us when you've seen any "Felix the Cat" episodes. :) I haven't looked for any myself, but I had found "Gumby" episodes on YouTube. I didn't get very far watching though since they get pretty cringy after a while. :D
Felix was probably my favorite. No matter what came at him he always came out of it safely with his bag of tricks! And always joyfully laughing at the end! :D

The Professor was always trying to find the secret to his magic bag for nefarious reasons, while Felix was always just strolling thru life happily whistling along and not giving it much thought one way or the other, just took it all in stride.

To Felix the bag was a friend that was always glad to help him out when needed.
To the Professor the bag was seen as an asset that could be used for selfish material gain, or for power, and he was always conniving on how to "get it."

I think in later episodes they turned the Professor into a nice guy so that he and Felix became friends, although Felix never had anything against the Professor in the first place.

I think about a year ago I caught up on a few episodes on YouTube.
Last edited by theac on Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We keep you alive to serve this ship. Row well...and live." Ben Hur...and The Taxman! hahaha (a George Harrison song)
rockstar

Post by rockstar »

Six Million Dollar Man.

It hit Peacock, so I'm binge watching it. Growing up, I only saw the original Bionic Woman and the reunion movies.
eaglesfly

Post by eaglesfly »

We are watching Tehran on Apple TV+. It's a good original series that appeals to all of us (family includes 2 teenagers) and it does get my heart racing at times. So far there are two seasons.

I also enjoyed Wednesday and Peaky Blinders.
roamingzebra

Post by roamingzebra »

theac wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:56 pm Felix was probably my favorite. No matter what came at him he always came out of it safely with his bag of tricks! And always joyfully laughing at the end! :D
Righty-O! :D
IowaFarmWife

Post by IowaFarmWife »

We are rewatching the Dr. Who series. Good stuff!
Bmac

Post by Bmac »

It was mentioned upthread, but “All Creatures Great and Small” is terrific. The 3rd season just started on PBS last night
IowaFarmWife

Post by IowaFarmWife »

Bmac wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:33 pm It was mentioned upthread, but “All Creatures Great and Small” is terrific. The 3rd season just started on PBS last night
I am looking forward to season 3.
Metsfan91

Post by Metsfan91 »

AGT - all stars!
"Know what you own, and know why you own it." — Peter Lynch
black jack

Post by black jack »

Just discovered Travelers on Netflix, and binged it (34 episodes).

Elements of The Terminator (time travel to change the future) and The Americans (deep cover agents doing agent stuff while also living mundane lives): a team of agents from a dystopian future have their consciousness transferred into the bodies of people on the brink of death (a moral choice, so as not to snuff out a life except for those that were seconds away from death anyway) and are tasked by a future AI with missions to try to alter that dystopian future. I liked the characters, their dealing with the moral quandaries they often face, and the time-travel history-altering logic. Afterwards I found that a few Bogleheads had recommended it years ago--it originally aired 2016-2018.
We cannot absolutely prove [that they are wrong who say] that we have seen our best days. But so said all who came before us, and with just as much apparent reason. | -T. B. Macaulay (1800-1859)
Capsu78

Post by Capsu78 »

Very happy "Fauda" on Netflix has a new season available Jan 20. I figured this show was done.
Elsebet

Post by Elsebet »

Just finished Season 2 of "The Great" on Hulu. It's a dark comedy VERY loosely based on Catherine the Great. I liked Season 1, Season 2 seemed to drag a bit and leaned a little more dark than comedy but overall I still enjoyed it and look forward to what I hope is a final season 3.
"...the man who adapts himself to his slender means and makes himself wealthy on a little sum, is the truly rich man..." ~Seneca
rockstar

Post by rockstar »

black jack wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:44 pm Just discovered Travelers on Netflix, and binged it (34 episodes).

Elements of The Terminator (time travel to change the future) and The Americans (deep cover agents doing agent stuff while also living mundane lives): a team of agents from a dystopian future have their consciousness transferred into the bodies of people on the brink of death (a moral choice, so as not to snuff out a life except for those that were seconds away from death anyway) and are tasked by a future AI with missions to try to alter that dystopian future. I liked the characters, their dealing with the moral quandaries they often face, and the time-travel history-altering logic. Afterwards I found that a few Bogleheads had recommended it years ago--it originally aired 2016-2018.
Travelers is great. Too bad it got canceled.
rockstar

Post by rockstar »

IowaFarmWife wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:28 pm We are rewatching the Dr. Who series. Good stuff!
I recommend the animation to fill in some of the gaps for the missing episodes.
IowaFarmWife

Post by IowaFarmWife »

rockstar wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:27 pm
IowaFarmWife wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:28 pm We are rewatching the Dr. Who series. Good stuff!
Thanks! Where can I watch this?
rockstar

Post by rockstar »

IowaFarmWife wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:42 pm
rockstar wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:27 pm
Thanks! Where can I watch this?
They come out on DVD and Blu Ray. There are some on BritBox too.

Here's Josh Snare's overview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwDWSTu60rk

and he does a great job of going over the missing episodes:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... QEifwU3EST

A lot of episodes were found. And for those still missing, a lot of animations have been made.
bob60014

Post by bob60014 »

P&C actuary wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:36 am Enjoy detective shows on Britbox. Amazon puts it on sale twice a year during their Amazon days and Black Friday week.

Finishing Season 7 of Shetland. There is a report of Season 8 with Tosh, but Perez will be replaced.

Finished 6 seasons of In the Line of Duty. There are reports of a season 7.
+1 for these two shows.

I'll add........
MI-5 (titled Spooks in the UK).
New Tricks
Silent Witness
The Bay
A Touch of Frost
George Gently
Just about anything with Lucy Worsley, history related.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

The Magicians, on Netflix, rated TV-MA (TV-14 on IMDB), drama /fantasy / mystery . A group of students discover that magic is real.

I thought this series was similar to Wednesday, but not as well produced and nor as dark. But then again, Tim Burton is not involved. I just watched Season 1, Episode 2 and thought it was entertaining. I'll keep going. The series won some sort of an award. It runs for five seasons.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
MDfan

Post by MDfan »

Capsu78 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:39 am Very happy "Fauda" on Netflix has a new season available Jan 20. I figured this show was done.
Fauda is really good. Looking forward to the new season.
Barkingsparrow

Post by Barkingsparrow »

3 Pines - Season 1 Finished. It grew on me as the show developed but I was very frustrated with the ending. Better be a season 2, enough said.

His Dark Materials - Season 3 Working through the concluding season. I feel this is the strongest season thus far and we are very much ejoying it. Some good special effects and acting, engaging characters, and some stronger writing this time around. My take is that they did a good job of adapting the books.

Motive - Season 1 Found this on FreeVee. A Canadian series running from 2015-2019 that focuses on a pair of detectives in Vancouver, CA. The structure is that they show the killer and victim at the start, and then how the investigation develops to not only find the murderer, but also the motive which is not clear at the start. This is the show I watch when I'm exercising. So far, I really like it.
Capsu78

Post by Capsu78 »

Just finished a limited series on Netflix titled “The Stranger” and enjoyed it a lot. In English but with some British accents that pushed me to turn the captions on. Police drama and very twisty turny.
rockstar

Post by rockstar »

LadyGeek wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:18 pm The Magicians, on Netflix, rated TV-MA (TV-14 on IMDB), drama /fantasy / mystery . A group of students discover that magic is real.

I thought this series was similar to Wednesday, but not as well produced and nor as dark. But then again, Tim Burton is not involved. I just watched Season 1, Episode 2 and thought it was entertaining. I'll keep going. The series won some sort of an award. It runs for five seasons.
Buckle up. This series gets very adult fast.
You Know What I Mean

Post by You Know What I Mean »

MostlyABogleHead wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:59 am
LilyFleur wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:14 am I have been binging on "City Homicide" on Prime. It's an Australian crime drama TV show. Love those accents.
You might also like Murder city, a British detective series in amazon prime.
I finished "Murder City" last night -- really enjoyed it! I liked the portrayals of all the main characters, individually and in their working relationships, especially between DI Susan Alembic (Amanda Donohoe) and her DS Luke Stone (Kris Marshall). I even liked the many over-the-top comments by DCI Sebastian Turner (Tim Woodward), particularly concerning "the Scottish girl" detective, young DC Alison Bain (well-played by Laura Main).

All of these characters were fun to watch. I found it hard to take my eyes off Amanda Donohoe when she's in a scene.
"Well, she was just seventeen, You Know What I Mean, and the way she looked... was way beyond compare."