What Movie Have You Recently Watched?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
bertilak

Re: What Movie Have You Recently Watched?

Post by bertilak »

TacoLover wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:26 pm
bertilak wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:07 am
uaeebs86 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:32 am
LadyGeek wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:11 am The Big Lebowski, free on Amazon Prime, rated R, Jeff Bridges, John Goodman, Steve Buscemi, 1998, comedy / crime. Jeff "The Dude" Lebowski, mistaken for a millionaire of the same name, seeks restitution for a rug ruined by debt collector. A non-stop stream of light-hearted comedy. The plot itself isn't all that deep. The movie won several awards. I liked it.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. :wink:
Maybe she's out of her element.
So I recognize the line ("That's just like your opinion man.") and I think it's somewhat funny but ... I don't get why so many people love that line. In fact I don't know what the line really means. I THINK it's that he has accepted the insult and really has no response to it. But also that he accepted the insult and just doesn't care. He's not saying that the insult is untrue, he seems to accept its premise, and he seems unable to respond to it but also the insult seems not to bother him.

Is that it? I don't really understand the line.
The assumption is what goes unstated, but is implied by the word "just" in the sense of "only": "Your opinion doesn't matter; it is of little interest."

It is also the stoner dialect, man. ✌️
May neither drought nor rain nor blizzard disturb the joy juice in your gizzard. -- Squire Omar Barker (aka S.O.B.), the Cowboy Poet
Topic Author
abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Post by abuss368 »

“The Quake” on Hulu.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Quake_(film)

Best.
Tony
John C. Bogle: “Simplicity is the master key to financial success."
bertilak

Post by bertilak »

TacoLover wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:24 pm It's funny but a lot of lauded comedians - say Mulaney and Dave Chappell - don't actually set up or tell jokes. They just kind of talk for a while and include some amusing stories. I don't get it. In fact I'd say I don't recognize very much at all in Chapelle's shows as explicitly funny or any kind of setup that appears to be related to a joke. I don't get them. I watched Mulaney's most recent show for maybe 20 minutes and just didn't get it.
"Amusing" is the key. HOW amusing depends on how in tune you are with whatever culture they are a part of, or at least are aiming at. I don't appreciate much of the hip* humor of today, even when I "get" it. I especially don't go for what is intended to be shocking. Those comedians better make their money while they can because that doesn't have lasting power. It seems to be an attempt to cover for a lack of talent: like kids lame attempts at taunting their parents. (An exception: "The Aristocrats" as told by Gilbert Gottfried, RIP.)

* deliberate anachronism
May neither drought nor rain nor blizzard disturb the joy juice in your gizzard. -- Squire Omar Barker (aka S.O.B.), the Cowboy Poet
Elsebet

Post by Elsebet »

Capsu78 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:47 pm
Elsebet wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:37 am "Big Night" on DVD from Netflix (RIP this service in Sep 2023). I love chef/restaurant movies and this one didn't disappoint, it's really good on many levels. Loads of big-name actors in it. I will be purchasing a blu-ray copy for my collection.
Have you watched "Eat Drink Man Women"? I know it has subtitles but the main character has some amazing cooking techniques. The movie has a likable storyline and was directed by Ang Lee long before "Crouching Tiger...", "The Life of Pi" and Brokeback Mountain.
Hi - thank you for the suggestion! I just watched this last night (on DVD from Netflix) and really enjoyed it! The cooking scenes were excellent, per the wiki:
The opening sequence - in which a Sunday lunch is lovingly prepared - took over a week to film and was accomplished with the use of an actual master chef, who doubled for actor Sihung Lung.
"...the man who adapts himself to his slender means and makes himself wealthy on a little sum, is the truly rich man..." ~Seneca
ruralavalon

Post by ruralavalon »

The Pink Panther, on Amazon Prime.

This is a classic 1963 comedy starring David Niven, Peter Sellers, Robert Wagener, Capucine and Claudia Cardinale.

Recommended

Trailer
"Everything should be as simple as it is, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein | Wiki article link: Bogleheads® investment philosophy
MDfan

Post by MDfan »

Just saw Ray Romano's first movie that he directed. Somewhere in Queens. Really enjoyed it. Those who grew up in large Italian families (not me) will probably really like it. Just a funny, sweet, fairly simple movie about family relationships.
McDougal

Post by McDougal »

bertilak wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:36 pm
TacoLover wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:26 pm
bertilak wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:07 am
uaeebs86 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:32 am
LadyGeek wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:11 am The Big Lebowski, free on Amazon Prime, rated R, Jeff Bridges, John Goodman, Steve Buscemi, 1998, comedy / crime. Jeff "The Dude" Lebowski, mistaken for a millionaire of the same name, seeks restitution for a rug ruined by debt collector. A non-stop stream of light-hearted comedy. The plot itself isn't all that deep. The movie won several awards. I liked it.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. :wink:
Maybe she's out of her element.
So I recognize the line ("That's just like your opinion man.") and I think it's somewhat funny but ... I don't get why so many people love that line. In fact I don't know what the line really means. I THINK it's that he has accepted the insult and really has no response to it. But also that he accepted the insult and just doesn't care. He's not saying that the insult is untrue, he seems to accept its premise, and he seems unable to respond to it but also the insult seems not to bother him.

Is that it? I don't really understand the line.
The assumption is what goes unstated, but is implied by the word "just" in the sense of "only": "Your opinion doesn't matter; it is of little interest."

It is also the stoner dialect, man. ✌️
That bowling alley scene is my favorite part of the film, and not because of the line. It is because of the facial expressions of Buscemi, Goodman and Turturro. And the not-so-subtle Hotel California background music. Warning - some harsh language. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWz8NGIisMo
bertilak

Post by bertilak »

McDougal wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 9:47 am That bowling alley scene is my favorite part of the film, and not because of the line. It is because of the facial expressions of Buscemi, Goodman and Turturro. And the not-so-subtle Hotel California background music. Warning - some harsh language. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWz8NGIisMo
That is a brilliant scene. There are so many of them it is hard to pick a favorite. Many are best in context but that one can stand alone. The Hotel California music is very well done.

I kinda like the dream sequences, and this quickie (The Dude checks out what Jackie Treehorn wrote down on a notepad while taking a phone call) https://youtu.be/6M0Bhk5i1lM. If I remember rightly, this has a delayed pay-off when the cop checks The Dude's pockets.
McDougal

Post by McDougal »

bertilak wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 10:24 am There are so many of them it is hard to pick a favorite.
So very true!
Elsebet

Post by Elsebet »

bertilak wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 10:24 am
McDougal wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 9:47 am That bowling alley scene is my favorite part of the film, and not because of the line. It is because of the facial expressions of Buscemi, Goodman and Turturro. And the not-so-subtle Hotel California background music. Warning - some harsh language. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWz8NGIisMo
That is a brilliant scene. There are so many of them it is hard to pick a favorite. Many are best in context but that one can stand alone. The Hotel California music is very well done.
It is a great scene. Another of my favorites is near the end when they are on the beach (spoiler ->) spreading Donnie's ashes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk61MeDmk2M
"...the man who adapts himself to his slender means and makes himself wealthy on a little sum, is the truly rich man..." ~Seneca
jginseattle

Post by jginseattle »

Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret. Funny and affecting. Recommended.
ruralavalon

Post by ruralavalon »

Serious Moonlight, on Amazon Prime.

This is a 2009 dark comedy starring Meg Ryan, Timothy Hutton, and Kirsten Bell. Wife discovers her husband has a mistress and that they are about to fly away to Paris. She prevents this by binding him to a chair with duct tape. Robbers enter the house, duct tape her as well, and ......

I thought the movie was funny, but it's not for everyone.

Trailer
"Everything should be as simple as it is, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein | Wiki article link: Bogleheads® investment philosophy
jjunk

Post by jjunk »

A Good Person starring Florence Pugh, Molly Shannon, Morgan Freeman and others. It's worth seeing for Pugh's acting performance alone IMO, Oscar worthy stuff. The movie follows a woman dealing with opiod addiction after a car accident. Everyone was really good in it and the role was a slightly different thing for Freeman and Shannon so we enjoyed that aspect as well. It's definitely not a comedy so bring some Kleenex if you're a crier.
AlohaBill

Post by AlohaBill »

We watched "the Menu" last night. It was kind of depressing and unbelievable to me.
ruralavalon

Post by ruralavalon »

Crooked House, on Amazon Prime.

This is a 2017 movie version of an Agatha Christie mystery, starring Glen Close and Terrance Stamp. The granddaughter of a business magnate asks a novice private detective to investigate grandfather's death. At the family mansion the family members are all at each others throats, almost everyone hated grandfather, and has a motive.

Trailer
jjunk

Post by jjunk »

Renfield with Nick Cage as Dracula. Over the top gore but had some funny bits and the entire idea of the support group was funny to me. 3/5.

The Pope's Exorcist with Russell Crowe. I really thought this was going to be a great horror film but it was honestly boring and predictable. 1/5.
Elsebet

Post by Elsebet »

The Count of Monte Cristo (2002 film), streaming on Hulu. I read the book a few months ago so I was interested in trying out the films. I went with the more recent one first. The first half of the movie seemed to generally follow the book with minor differences. However the second half of the movie veers way off course from the novel and I found it very silly in comparison. I only recommend this if you didn't or won't read the novel. The soundtrack is very good though! Here is a link to the soundtrack on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfXC3mks8Yk
TacoLover

Post by TacoLover »

Elsebet wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 12:12 pm The Count of Monte Cristo (2002 film), streaming on Hulu. I read the book a few months ago so I was interested in trying out the films. I went with the more recent one first. The first half of the movie seemed to generally follow the book with minor differences. However the second half of the movie veers way off course from the novel and I found it very silly in comparison. I only recommend this if you didn't or won't read the novel. The soundtrack is very good though! Here is a link to the soundtrack on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfXC3mks8Yk
This will come off as so snobbish, but I never watch the movie versions of good books. I just read the books. For the most part modern Hollywood is garbage. I will say that the Lord of the rings trilogy I thought made a perfect balance between cutting out everything that could be cut out and bringing together what the storylines could be brought together. I think that is the one exception.
TacoLover

Post by TacoLover »

AlohaBill wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 6:39 pm We watched "the Menu" last night. It was kind of depressing and unbelievable to me.
I enjoyed it. I did not think it was supposed to be believable at all. I thought it was supposed to be just some silly fun. I found it fun.
Elsebet

Post by Elsebet »

TacoLover wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 5:02 pm
Elsebet wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 12:12 pm The Count of Monte Cristo (2002 film), streaming on Hulu. I read the book a few months ago so I was interested in trying out the films. I went with the more recent one first. The first half of the movie seemed to generally follow the book with minor differences. However the second half of the movie veers way off course from the novel and I found it very silly in comparison. I only recommend this if you didn't or won't read the novel. The soundtrack is very good though! Here is a link to the soundtrack on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfXC3mks8Yk
This will come off as so snobbish, but I never watch the movie versions of good books. I just read the books. For the most part modern Hollywood is garbage. I will say that the Lord of the rings trilogy I thought made a perfect balance between cutting out everything that could be cut out and bringing together what the storylines could be brought together. I think that is the one exception.
Agree for the most part, although "The Road" movie is in my opinion a really good adaptation of one of my favorite Cormac McArthy novels. I liked the movie "Children of Men" better than the novel.

Also, even Stephen King said he liked the movie ending of "The Mist" better than his own!
barberakb

Post by barberakb »

The new Top Gun, my family really liked it
telemark

Post by telemark »

I haven't seen this one, but last week I watched The Mask of Zorro from 1998, and was amused to notice that in a single scene it manages to steal from The Count of Monte Cristo and Spartacus. :D

There's a French TV version of The Count of Monte Cristo, with Gerard Depardieu as Dantes, that I remember as being pretty good.
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

The 1989 TV mini-series of Great Expectations with Anthony Hopkins presented on The Disney Channel was excellent and it was faithful to the book, and I read the book first. I think it was the best adaptation. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096601/?ref_=fn_al_tt_7
The 2023 BBC version is entertaining but it’s not the book.
Last edited by Nicolas on Sun May 21, 2023 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
wilson08

Post by wilson08 »

Vermeer: The Blockbuster Exhibition

The Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam hosts the largest Vermeer
exhibition in history with loans from across the world.
Vermeer has always been one of my favorite artists with
his mastery of color and light in simplistic and ordinary
settings.
Various art experts examine and comment on these works
one by one.
Excellent film.
Viewed at a theater.
Barkingsparrow

Post by Barkingsparrow »

Luther - the Fallen Sun

I had the Luther series on Netflix on my list for a while, but by the time I got around to watching it, it had moved to Prime/Britbox. Instead, I went ahead and watched this movie, the only remaining Luther show left on Netflix. Eh. It started out with an intriguing premise, and then just gradually devolved into a cliched, rushed,James Bondish over-the-top ending. There were some characters I liked, and I have to believe the series is better.
Bylo Selhi

Post by Bylo Selhi »

Barkingsparrow wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 8:34 pmI have to believe the series is better.
The TV series is infinitely better than the movie.
stoptothink

Post by stoptothink »

Bylo Selhi wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 8:51 pm
Barkingsparrow wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 8:34 pmI have to believe the series is better.
Haven't watched the movie, but the Luther series is one of my all-time favorites.
jjunk

Post by jjunk »

Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves. We both really enjoyed it. It was entertaining, you needed no D&D background but they had plenty of D&D lore built in for the players of the game. Lots of solid, funny moments throughout.
OpenMinded1

Post by OpenMinded1 »

Elsebet wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 5:35 pm
Agree for the most part, although "The Road" movie is in my opinion a really good adaptation of one of my favorite Cormac McArthy novels. I liked the movie "Children of Men" better than the novel.

Also, even Stephen King said he liked the movie ending of "The Mist" better than his own!
I like the movie No Country for Old Men better than the book. I thought both were great except didn't care for the way the book ended. In contrast, I thought the novel All the Pretty Horses was much better than the movie.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Guardians of the Galaxy, $3.99 on Amazon, PG-13, Chris Pratt, Vin Diesel (voice only), requisite cameo by Stan Lee, 2014, action / adventure / comedy. A group of criminals pull together to stop a warrior's plan to conquer the universe. The Marvel comic series at its finest. Popcorn worthy entertainment. Songs from the '70s and '80s appeal to those from that age group (including me). I liked it.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
MDfan

Post by MDfan »

stoptothink wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 9:42 pm
Bylo Selhi wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 8:51 pm
Haven't watched the movie, but the Luther series is one of my all-time favorites.
I liked the series, too. Especially the earlier seasons. I've heard the movie is awful, though.
MDfan

Post by MDfan »

TacoLover wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 5:03 pm
AlohaBill wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 6:39 pm We watched "the Menu" last night. It was kind of depressing and unbelievable to me.
I enjoyed it. I did not think it was supposed to be believable at all. I thought it was supposed to be just some silly fun. I found it fun.
Yes, I liked it, too. I never go into a movie (unless it's supposed to be a true story) thinking a movie should be "believable." I go to be entertained. And I was by The Menu.

Also, really enjoyed Guy Ritchie's The Covenant with Jake Gyllenhaal. Lots of action.
TacoLover

Post by TacoLover »

MDfan wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 6:34 am
TacoLover wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 5:03 pm
Yes, I liked it, too. I never go into a movie (unless it's supposed to be a true story) thinking a movie should be "believable." I go to be entertained. And I was by The Menu.

Also, really enjoyed Guy Ritchie's The Covenant with Jake Gyllenhaal. Lots of action.
Oh, that looks so good. I am also looking forward to seeing sisu. Just good clean good guys versus bad guys violence.
rockstar

Post by rockstar »

Scream.

It’s been a while.
Elsebet

Post by Elsebet »

OpenMinded1 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 4:46 am I like the movie No Country for Old Men better than the book. I thought both were great except didn't care for the way the book ended. In contrast, I thought the novel All the Pretty Horses was much better than the movie.
I would almost 100% agree, No Country for Old Men the movie was excellent! The only thing I preferred in the book is that you learned a lot more of the sheriff's backstory which really fleshed out the reasons behind his actions. That would have been too difficult to include in the movie so it was good for them to leave it out.

I have not yet read All the Pretty Horses (nor have I seen the movie) but will do so soon.
DBNH34

Post by DBNH34 »

Elsebet wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 1:42 pm
OpenMinded1 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 4:46 am I like the movie No Country for Old Men better than the book. I thought both were great except didn't care for the way the book ended. In contrast, I thought the novel All the Pretty Horses was much better than the movie.
I would almost 100% agree, No Country for Old Men the movie was excellent! The only thing I preferred in the book is that you learned a lot more of the sheriff's backstory which really fleshed out the reasons behind his actions. That would have been too difficult to include in the movie so it was good for them to leave it out.

I have not yet read All the Pretty Horses (nor have I seen the movie) but will do so soon.
I'm a big Cohen brothers fan but No Country for Old men is not a fav of mine. I prefer Raising Arizona, Oh Brother Where Art Thou and the Big Lebowski.
DBNH34

Post by DBNH34 »

I don't care what anyone says, Beerfest is the funniest movie ever made.
livelovelaugh00

Post by livelovelaugh00 »

VictoriaF wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:40 am Transsiberian on Kanopy (a free video service provided by a local library).

An American couple takes a trans-Siberian train and has more adventures than they bargained for. The characters and circumstances were realistic, and the film kept my attention till the end, which does not happen often.

Victoria
Thank you. It's a really good movie. I was hooked the entire time which is rare.
livelovelaugh00

Post by livelovelaugh00 »

I watch 'Argo' again tonight. By far, it is the best spy movie. One of the reason is that it is a true story. It's about CIA rescue Iran hostages in early 1980's with the help of patriotic civilians in Hollywood. The movie is excellent from start to finish. I would like to say from the bottom of my heart to the men and women who serve our great country. Thank you very much for your service. I will always be indebted to you and your family for all that you have given to our country.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Hidden Figures, $3.99 rental on Amazon, rated PG, Kevin Costner, Sheldon (Jim Parsons - Big Bang Theory TV series), 2016, biography / drama / history. Three women serve a critical role supporting NASA. I don't know why I waited so long to watch this. This movie won a lot of awards. I liked it.

Sheldon's role in the movie was perfect - that's all I could think about.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
bertilak

Post by bertilak »

Just (re)watched Galaxy Quest (1999).
Clever concept
Exciting plot
Great script
Great characters
Great cast (Tim Allen, Sigourney Weaver, Alan Rickman, Tony Shalhoub, Sam Rockwell, Rainn Wilson, SPECIAL MENTION: Enrico Colantoni as Mathesar)
Great production values
Humor galore
I could go on!

If you are a Star Trek (or similar) fan you will definitely appreciate this one.

I saw it on Netflix.
JAZZISCOOL

Post by JAZZISCOOL »

LadyGeek wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 6:22 am Hidden Figures, $3.99 rental on Amazon, rated PG, Kevin Costner, Sheldon (Jim Parsons - Big Bang Theory TV series), 2016, biography / drama / history. Three women serve a critical role supporting NASA. I don't know why I waited so long to watch this. This movie won a lot of awards. I liked it.

Looks interesting. Added to my Amazon list. :beer
erp

Post by erp »

LadyGeek wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 6:22 am Hidden Figures, $3.99 rental on Amazon, rated PG, Kevin Costner, Sheldon (Jim Parsons - Big Bang Theory TV series), 2016, biography / drama / history. Three women serve a critical role supporting NASA. I don't know why I waited so long to watch this. This movie won a lot of awards. I liked it.

It's kind of incredible to me that wherever you pulled that description from didn't even mention the 3 main stars of the movie, Taraji P. Henson, Octavia Spencer, and Janelle Monáe, instead only mentioning the 2 white men in the movie. The movie focuses on the women computers, and I don't even remember the roles of Costner and Parsons, except that they must have been their bosses (maybe as an advocate or opponent?). Where is that description from?
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

It's my own description and I only included stars I recognized, nothing more than that.
Matahari

Post by Matahari »

bertilak wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 6:56 am Just (re)watched Galaxy Quest (1999).
Clever concept
Exciting plot
Great script
Great characters
Great cast (Tim Allen, Sigourney Weaver, Alan Rickman, Tony Shalhoub, Sam Rockwell, Rainn Wilson, SPECIAL MENTION: Enrico Colantoni as Mathesar)
Great production values
Humor galore
I could go on!

If you are a Star Trek (or similar) fan you will definitely appreciate this one.

I saw it on Netflix.

This is one of my favorite films! I love the cleverness of the concept. I especially love Alan Rickman in his role.
The scene where the Sigourney Weaver character berates the obstacle she and the Tim Allen character must overcome makes me laugh just thinking about it!
bertilak

Post by bertilak »

Matahari wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 3:32 pm The scene where the Sigourney Weaver character berates the obstacle she and the Tim Allen character must overcome makes me laugh just thinking about it!
Ahh! The Chompers!
mecht3ach

Post by mecht3ach »

bowtie wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:46 pm LadyGeek,thanks for reminding me to view “Licorice Pizza”! :happy
Last night someone recommended a film to me which was - or is? - apparently popular but I’d never heard of it. I’d be interested to know if people here are as enthusiastic as my friend was - it’s hard to warm up to a tiny shell character…..”Marcel the Shell with Shoes” from 2021. Of course I’ll make my own determination after viewing it, but just the sight of this little thing is off putting ……! BT
Months and months after you asked about this, but I just saw this on an airplane last week, and was actually really blown away by it. It wasn't too cutesy or pat, and actually had some very moving parts to it. I am finding myself still thinking about it from time to time.
ResearchMed

Post by ResearchMed »

We stumbled across a "cute" little film last night, with Dustin Hoffman and Emma Thompson.
They were definitely Dustin Hoffman and Emma Thomson, no question there... :wink:

Last Chance Harvey

The film wasn't terrific, but it was very watchable, and we both felt it was nice to see a movie without gratuitous violence... or any violence at all!

Both of the them were nominated for Golden Globes Best Actor/Actress, but we hadn't noticed this movie before.

Note that there is a mini-scene after the credits start rolling, and it adds a nice little touch.

It was something "just right" for a pleasant, calm evening, something very welcome given the news these days...

RM
This signature is a placebo. You are in the control group.
Elsebet

Post by Elsebet »

"Coming Home" on Netflix DVD - general theme is men returning from Vietnam and how it impacts them and their relationships. Very well done movie about a difficult subject, I enjoyed watching it and reading about it afterward.
Broken Man 1999

Post by Broken Man 1999 »

Watched Goodfellas last night, still holds up well. Great cast: Ray Liotta, Robert De Niro, Paul Sorvino, Joe Pesci, Lorraine Bracco.

Hard to believe the movie was released in 1990. I find myself watching movies I have seen before, though the number of years between watches is enough that I can't remember everything from the first watch. One benefit of getting older, I guess. :oops:

Broken Man 1999
“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven then I shall not go." - Mark Twain