What Movie Have You Recently Watched?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
wilson08

Re: What Movie Have You Recently Watched?

Post by wilson08 »

Trapeze

1956 move starring Burt Lancaster, Tony Curtis, and Gina Lollobrigida.
A trapeze flyer (Lancaster) injured years earlier mentors a gung ho
young trapeze artist (Curtis) trying to master the "triple". Gina
Lollobrigida plays an ambitious acrobat who schemes to enter the
trapeze team to get her share of the spotlight.
Story is a little soapy but I enjoyed the 1950s ambience and the
dazzling color of that era. The acting ability and charisma of Burt
Lancaster never ceases to amaze me. One of the icons of the
"super actor" era.
Viewed on Amazon Prime
oldcomputerguy

Post by oldcomputerguy »

"Harry Chapin: When in Doubt, Do Something", a 2020 documentary I found earlier this week on Amazon Prime. Watching this triggered some serious nostalgia and wistfulness.
There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way. (Christopher Morley)
Serie1926

Post by Serie1926 »

On the Prime:

"Wrath of Man" - good one.
WoodSpinner

Post by WoodSpinner »

Top Gun: Maverick

We saw it in an IMAX theater and were completely blown away! Great movie, just amazing. The level of flying and storyline were superb!

First movie in a theater since the Pandemic!

WoodSpinner
WoodSpinner
homebuyer6426

Post by homebuyer6426 »

A Goofy Movie

When I was a kid I got to see it earlier than it's 1995 release because my Dad knew a movie critic who got tapes in advance. It really holds up and was enjoyable to see it again after 27 years. The animation is great quality, no computer shortcuts.
45% Total Stock Market | 52% Consumer Staples | 3% Short Term Reserves
Elsebet

Post by Elsebet »

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore, streaming on HBO Max.

Honestly the best word in my opinion to sum this movie up is "Meh". I was kind of surprised because it had a lot of big names in the cast. I enjoyed all of the Harry Potter films but the Fantastic Beasts series has been very forgettable so far.
"...the man who adapts himself to his slender means and makes himself wealthy on a little sum, is the truly rich man..." ~Seneca
kiwisun

Post by kiwisun »

Take Every Wave: The Life of Laird Hamilton. Very good, I did not know how central he has been for big wave surfing. His courage, risk taking and applying a process to make big wave surfing possible is inspiring.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6333092/
treadingwater

Post by treadingwater »

CODA (child of deaf adults) A hearing high school age daughter acts as interpreter for her deaf parents and brother. She feels pulled between a responsibility to them and pursuing her dreams. The 3 actors were truly deaf in real life. This movie won 3 Oscars.
Never panic. Stop looking so much.
Elsebet

Post by Elsebet »

Serie1926 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:33 am While not exactly a movie, but on the Netflix. Watched Ricky Gervais: SuperNature last night.

Extremely crude, but my cocktail almost came out my nose a couple of times I was laughing so hard.
Watched this one twice so far, really good! Also went back and watched his previous special Humanity which is also very good.
"...the man who adapts himself to his slender means and makes himself wealthy on a little sum, is the truly rich man..." ~Seneca
GerryL

Post by GerryL »

Just in case no one else has mentioned it ...

Respect, the biopic about Aretha Franklin starring Jennifer Hudson, is now available on Amazon Prime.

Having grown up in Detroit, I was required to watch it. :wink: Very well done.
jginseattle

Post by jginseattle »

David Cronenberg's Crimes of the Future (2022). Recommended for those who are familiar with the director's work.
AnnetteLouisan

Post by AnnetteLouisan »

Since you Went Away, with Claudette Colbert. Grace under fire on the home front with two daughters during WW2 while her husband is at war. A masterpiece of education in how to deal deftly and with grace with myriad awkward economic, social and emotional situations. Colbert is one of my favorite actresses ever.
Last edited by AnnetteLouisan on Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stoptothink

Post by stoptothink »

Elsebet wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:08 pm
Serie1926 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:33 am While not exactly a movie, but on the Netflix. Watched Ricky Gervais: SuperNature last night.

Extremely crude, but my cocktail almost came out my nose a couple of times I was laughing so hard.
Watched this one twice so far, really good! Also went back and watched his previous special Humanity which is also very good.
Both wife and I were a bit disappointed with "SuperNature". Love Gervais, but "Humanity" was much much much better. Seemed liked he was trying to hit on every single popular culture/politically correct topic there currently is and some of them just didn't work. Definitely had some hysterical moments, but not his best work (maybe his worst).
Topic Author
abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Post by abuss368 »

“1917” on Peacock. Enjoyed it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1917_(2019_film)

Best.
Tony
John C. Bogle: “Simplicity is the master key to financial success."
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Whiplash on Amazon Prime ($3.99 rental), rated R, J. K. Simmons, Miles Teller, 2014, drama. A young jazz drummer aspires to be his best and encounters a tough instructor. Lots of drama and the acting makes this movie. This movie won a few awards. Not bad. Basing the music on jazz helped.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
Dottie57

Post by Dottie57 »

Fantastic Beasts: The secrets of Dumbledore.

I liked this movie but Johnny Depp was sorely missed as the villain. You may not like his morals but He was a great villain in the part of Grindlewald. The movie was a solid B. I bought the video and have rewatched it. But…… not as good as first two movies.
jjunk

Post by jjunk »

Top Gun Maverick in IMAX. Definitely worth seeing and since I live in the PNW, the flight scenes through the Cascades were an extra treat. Definitely a fun movie.
Valuethinker

Post by Valuethinker »

wilson08 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 11:54 am Trapeze

1956 move starring Burt Lancaster, Tony Curtis, and Gina Lollobrigida.
A trapeze flyer (Lancaster) injured years earlier mentors a gung ho
young trapeze artist (Curtis) trying to master the "triple". Gina
Lollobrigida plays an ambitious acrobat who schemes to enter the
trapeze team to get her share of the spotlight.
Story is a little soapy but I enjoyed the 1950s ambience and the
dazzling color of that era. The acting ability and charisma of Burt
Lancaster never ceases to amaze me. One of the icons of the
"super actor" era.
Viewed on Amazon Prime
Thinking Twilights Last Gleaming.

Forgettable movie, but, as you say, his performance ...
Valuethinker

Post by Valuethinker »

dboeger1 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:14 pm Netflix just recently released a movie called "Senior Year" (I think we just happened to watch it the day it came out, not that we knew anything about it). On the surface, it's a pretty standard teen movie (leaning more towards "chick flick", not that guys can't enjoy them) about high school drama. However, what separated it from the pack was the social satire.

The premise is that a popular cheerleader in the early 00s falls during a performance, wakes up from a coma 20 years later, and goes back to school to finish where she left on, only to discover just how much society and culture has changed in those 20 years. As a 90s kid myself, the 90s references had me crying from laughter, but the best part was that earlier on the day we watched the movie, we witnessed a little incident with a streamer in public. We were at the mall, and my wife was buying a purse for herself, when a streamer just set her phone tripod on the checkout counter, grabbed a bunch of bags, and started doing a live stream about them right there in the store. My wife saw a bag just sitting on the counter in view of the streamer's phone, not realizing the streamer was using it in her video, and she asked the clerk how much that bag was. The clerk walked over and grabbed the tag just to check the price, to which the streamer responded by angrily glaring at the clerk and clutching the bag to her chest like she was being robbed. Later that night, we watched the movie, and there was a major character who would live stream from school and do all the stereotypical streamer things, so we got a chuckle from how relevant it was to our day.

My only criticism of the movie is that it started off strong with the satire in the first half, but by the end, it ultimately fell into a pretty standard teen movie formula, focusing on the specific plot and characters. I guess I should have expected that, but honestly, the first half of the movie could have been the start of a really great Mike Judge show. It just didn't keep that same vibe going the whole way through. I still think it was much better than it could've been, and I would recommend it to 90s kids in particular. I've also never really been a big fan of Rebel Wilson as an actress, but she was a good fit for the role nonetheless.
Presumably you have seen "Peggy Sue Got Married" with Kathleen Turner and Nicholas Cage? A very similar plot line. Very good.

If you've lost your grandparents (or indeed your parents), there are moments in that movie that are ... just touching. Sort of Back to the Future but with a serious edge.

(Turner had it put about that she was an alcoholic, because that was less of a career limitation in Hollywood than what was actually wrong. The movie is actually quite hard to watch once one realises she had an inflammatory arthritic autoimmune disease).
Valuethinker

Post by Valuethinker »

I finally watched The Social Network, with Jesse Eisenberg as the young Mark Zuckerberg, founding Facebook.

It is excellent - the whole stuff about venture funding rounds, legal agreements.

I found the college stuff extremely familiar, to the point of being triggering (I did not attend Harvard, I hasten to add). Really realistic.

The movie manages to take a neutral stance on Zuckerberg, leaving one uncertain as to what he is -- I thought that was very clever.

The scene between the Winklevoss twins and Larry Summers (President of Harvard, then?) is really well done.
Elsebet

Post by Elsebet »

Colorado13 wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 3:22 pm We saw Top Gun Maverick this weekend and enjoyed it more than I expected to. So that's a win.
Saw this last night and agree wholeheartedly. Before we saw TG:Maverick I watched the original Top Gun again to refresh my memory. There are definitely a lot of callbacks to the previous movie. It was well done and we'll probably buy a 4k version to watch it again. The theater was completely quiet during the movie which made me think people were pretty interested in it. When I went to the restroom after the movie everyone was raving about it.
Jeepergeo

Post by Jeepergeo »

[Suggestion moved to TV thread....]

Oops! Apologies. I just read the rules for this thread 164 pages back and realized my post should have been to the TV thread.
Last edited by Jeepergeo on Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

^^^ We have a thread for TV series: [What TV Show Have You Recently Watched?]
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
turtlebug

Post by turtlebug »

Event Horizon (1997)

Awful sci-fi movie. Terrible waste of 90 minutes.
doobiedoo

Post by doobiedoo »

Valuethinker wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:24 pm
dboeger1 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:14 pm Netflix just recently released a movie called "Senior Year" (I think we just happened to watch it the day it came out, not that we knew anything about it). On the surface, it's a pretty standard teen movie (leaning more towards "chick flick", not that guys can't enjoy them) about high school drama. However, what separated it from the pack was the social satire.

The premise is that a popular cheerleader in the early 00s falls during a performance, wakes up from a coma 20 years later, and goes back to school to finish where she left on, only to discover just how much society and culture has changed in those 20 years. As a 90s kid myself, the 90s references had me crying from laughter, but the best part was that earlier on the day we watched the movie, we witnessed a little incident with a streamer in public. We were at the mall, and my wife was buying a purse for herself, when a streamer just set her phone tripod on the checkout counter, grabbed a bunch of bags, and started doing a live stream about them right there in the store. My wife saw a bag just sitting on the counter in view of the streamer's phone, not realizing the streamer was using it in her video, and she asked the clerk how much that bag was. The clerk walked over and grabbed the tag just to check the price, to which the streamer responded by angrily glaring at the clerk and clutching the bag to her chest like she was being robbed. Later that night, we watched the movie, and there was a major character who would live stream from school and do all the stereotypical streamer things, so we got a chuckle from how relevant it was to our day.

My only criticism of the movie is that it started off strong with the satire in the first half, but by the end, it ultimately fell into a pretty standard teen movie formula, focusing on the specific plot and characters. I guess I should have expected that, but honestly, the first half of the movie could have been the start of a really great Mike Judge show. It just didn't keep that same vibe going the whole way through. I still think it was much better than it could've been, and I would recommend it to 90s kids in particular. I've also never really been a big fan of Rebel Wilson as an actress, but she was a good fit for the role nonetheless.
Presumably you have seen "Peggy Sue Got Married" with Kathleen Turner and Nicholas Cage? A very similar plot line. Very good.

If you've lost your grandparents (or indeed your parents), there are moments in that movie that are ... just touching. Sort of Back to the Future but with a serious edge.

(Turner had it put about that she was an alcoholic, because that was less of a career limitation in Hollywood than what was actually wrong. The movie is actually quite hard to watch once one realises she had an inflammatory arthritic autoimmune disease).
Yes, I thought Nicholas Cage stole the movie when I first saw Peggy Sue Got Married in 1986. He was totally believable as both a 40-year old and a teenager! And the singing groups were great.

Much later I found out there were bad feelings between the stars. Cage eventually sued Turner for defamation and won. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peggy_Sue_Got_Married
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

I removed an off-topic post regarding Larry Summers (when President of Harvard). As a reminder, see: General Etiquette
Attacks on individuals, insults, name calling, trolling, baiting or other attempts to sow dissension are not acceptable.
nisiprius
Advisory Board
Location: The terrestrial, globular, planetary hunk of matter, flattened at the poles, is my abode.--O. Henry

Post by nisiprius »

The sad news of composer Vangelis' death motivated me to listen to the theme music for Chariots of Fire, and that motivated me to watch the movie again. The last time we watched it was when it came out.

It is really wonderful how movies of that era have been restored. The movie is just visually beautiful, and the "time-travelling" aspects of it--the evocation of the 1920s--is wonderful.

My wife and I had both remembered the story incorrectly. The story--being drawn from real life with reasonable accuracy--doesn't quite make movie sense. We both thought that it was Harold Abrahams who gives up his place to Eric Liddell, who had lost an opportunity to run due to his refusal to run a trial heat on a Sunday. It was someone else. Although men were British runners who competed in the same Olympic games, their lives and stories were not really closely intertwined.
Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness; Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery.
ResearchMed

Post by ResearchMed »

We just re-watched The Big Short.

There were lots of details that we had forgotten, or perhaps we just didn't notice when we saw it the first time.

The scene with Monica Selez Selena Gomez (thanks to tenkuky for the correction!) and Richard Thaler explaining things at the gambling table... was that the two of them driving away together from the casino a bit later?

Anyway, it was a sobering reminder.

RM
Last edited by ResearchMed on Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This signature is a placebo. You are in the control group.
William4589

Post by William4589 »

Everything Everywhere All at Once

(R) Sci-fi

Starring: Michelle Yeoh (One of my favorite actresses)

Really disappointed after reading all the good reviews. Caught a mid-week matinee and there were perhaps half a dozen people in the theatre. I considered walking out after about a third of the way through but decided to stay. It was boring and just sort of all over the place in terms of script. Think the premise was "finding one's joy is what's important." I had heard Jackie Chan passed on a role in this movie. I'm still a huge fan of Ms. Yeoh but I just did not think this was a very good flick.
"The trouble is, you think you have time." - Jack Kornfield
bertilak

Post by bertilak »

William4589 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:01 pm Everything Everywhere All at Once

... just sort of all over the place ...
Fair enough, given the title!
May neither drought nor rain nor blizzard disturb the joy juice in your gizzard. -- Squire Omar Barker (aka S.O.B.), the Cowboy Poet
stoptothink

Post by stoptothink »

William4589 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:01 pm Everything Everywhere All at Once

(R) Sci-fi

Starring: Michelle Yeoh (One of my favorite actresses)

Really disappointed after reading all the good reviews. Caught a mid-week matinee and there were perhaps half a dozen people in the theatre. I considered walking out after about a third of the way through but decided to stay. It was boring and just sort of all over the place in terms of script. Think the premise was "finding one's joy is what's important." I had heard Jackie Chan passed on a role in this movie. I'm still a huge fan of Ms. Yeoh but I just did not think this was a very good flick.
My parents saw it after reading great reviews too. They said a very significant percentage of the (full) theatre walked out and they wish they had as well. I read the synopsis and it was clear that this film wasn't something I'd enjoy.
Herekittykitty

Post by Herekittykitty »

nisiprius wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:42 pm The sad news of composer Vangelis' death motivated me to listen to the theme music for Chariots of Fire, and that motivated me to watch the movie again. The last time we watched it was when it came out.

It is really wonderful how movies of that era have been restored. The movie is just visually beautiful, and the "time-travelling" aspects of it--the evocation of the 1920s--is wonderful.

My wife and I had both remembered the story incorrectly. The story--being drawn from real life with reasonable accuracy--doesn't quite make movie sense. We both thought that it was Harold Abrahams who gives up his place to Eric Liddell, who had lost an opportunity to run due to his refusal to run a trial heat on a Sunday. It was someone else. Although men were British runners who competed in the same Olympic games, their lives and stories were not really closely intertwined.
I loved Chariots of Fire. I loved the music, the characters, and the story. It motivated me to learn more about all of that. I saw it when it came out, and again in a few years. Then I saw it on a plane around this past Christmas, 2021. I'll likely see it again in a few years.
I don't know anything.
tenkuky

Post by tenkuky »

ResearchMed wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:32 pm We just re-watched The Big Short.

There were lots of details that we had forgotten, or perhaps we just didn't notice when we saw it the first time.

The scene with Monica Selez and Richard Thaler explaining things at the gambling table... was that the two of them driving away together from the casino a bit later?

RM
You mean Selena Gomez? :P
ResearchMed

Post by ResearchMed »

tenkuky wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:00 pm

The scene with Monica Selez and Richard Thaler explaining things at the gambling table... was that the two of them driving away together from the casino a bit later?

RM
I certainly do! Thanks for the catch. I've already made the correction.

And I'm not at all sure how I managed to switch names. I'm not that familiar with any of them! :confused

RM
This signature is a placebo. You are in the control group.
augryphon

Post by augryphon »

Top Gun Maverick on the big screen with the big sound! Fantastic!

I saw the first Top Gun a month before I graduated from college. Interestingly, I saw Top Gun Maverick the month after I retired! Tom Cruise and I are the same age, but he hasn’t kept the youthful, sexy appearance that I have. 🤣🤣🤣
joe8d

Post by joe8d »

"Pinky", 1949 Movie starring Jeanie Crain (The prettiest actress ever) which won her the best actress Oscar. Story line was very Riske for the time as she portrays a "Negro" who passes for white. It was an Excellent story. I had to obtain a copy through the library ILL system as it is hard to find.
All the Best, | Joe
MoonOrb

Post by MoonOrb »

We've been listening to one of the Great Courses about screenwriting and the presenter has done a series of lessons, each built around a single film. He then (his words) reverse engineers the screenplay so you can learn how it's been so effective. It's been great. The presenter's name is Angus Fletcher, for anyone who likes this kind of stuff. So, we watched JAWS and ANNIE HALL. It's been decades since I'd seen either and I appreciated both much more now that I had the benefit of the lecture, especially ANNIE HALL.
itispossible

Post by itispossible »

Top Gun Maverick
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

The Crow on DVD, rated R, Brandon Lee, 1994, action / crime / drama. A murdered man comes back to life to avenge his and his fiancée's murder. This is the movie version of the comic book. It seems a bit dated compared to today, but it has lots of action and is well produced. It won a few awards. I liked it.

My DVD is the digital remaster "widescreen" version, presented in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio as shown in the theater. At the time, this was a step-up from the versions formatted "to fit your TV" (before high-def was a thing).
bertilak

Post by bertilak »

LadyGeek wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:20 pm My DVD is the digital remaster "widescreen" version, presented in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio as shown in the theater. At the time, this was a step-up from the versions formatted "to fit your TV" (before high-def was a thing).
Do they still call 4:3 aspect ratio DVDs "full screen?" It always annoyed me because those "full screen" DVDs did NOT use the full screen of my 9:16 TV!
May neither drought nor rain nor blizzard disturb the joy juice in your gizzard. -- Squire Omar Barker (aka S.O.B.), the Cowboy Poet
deanbrew

Post by deanbrew »

Son and I watched the 2003 movie Matchstick Men last night on HBO Max. Both of us read the book several years ago. Nicolas Cage was very good in it, but they left out a lot of the cons/scams that occurred early in the book. Enjoyed the film, and it's worth watching, but it could have been better.
"The course of history shows that as the government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson
FandangoDave5010

Post by FandangoDave5010 »

Dropped Netflix and went to FreeVee with commercials, streaming. It is part of Amazon Prime, which is not needed to watch FreeVee. Wife and I have watched 8 episodes of Bosch: Legacy. The commercials are short and snappy, usually 30 seconds from the likes of Geico, Fidelity, Liberty Mutual, Oreo and of course the "Progressive lady in white." Try it!
billthecat

Post by billthecat »

Top Gun Maverick. :thumbsup
We cannot direct the winds but we can adjust our sails • It's later than you think • Ack! Thbbft!
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

bertilak wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:29 pm
LadyGeek wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:20 pm My DVD is the digital remaster "widescreen" version, presented in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio as shown in the theater. At the time, this was a step-up from the versions formatted "to fit your TV" (before high-def was a thing).
Do they still call 4:3 aspect ratio DVDs "full screen?" It always annoyed me because those "full screen" DVDs did NOT use the full screen of my 9:16 TV!
I think all that stopped when Blu-ray DVDs came out. The Blu-ray format had to be "high-def", which had several resolutions. "Full screen" is 4:3 and the annoying thing is that the scenes were cropped to fit. For example, you would only see one person talking and not realize there's a second person standing just outside the cropped area.
TomatoTomahto

Post by TomatoTomahto »

LadyGeek wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:46 pm
bertilak wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:29 pm
I think all that stopped when Blu-ray DVDs came out. The Blu-ray format had to be "high-def", which had several resolutions. "Full screen" is 4:3 and the annoying thing is that the scenes were cropped to fit. For example, you would only see one person talking and not realize there's a second person standing just outside the cropped area.
There was a magazine called Widescreen Review that focused on DVDs and video equipment that could play movies in the format matching their theatrical release. I subscribed for a while.
I get the FI part but not the RE part of FIRE.
PhoebeCoco

Post by PhoebeCoco »

"No Time to Die", latest James Bond movie, now free on Amazon Prime Video.

Excellent spectacle, but I felt kind of sad and unclean after watching. YMMV.
bertilak

Post by bertilak »

No Time to Die on Prime Video.

It's a James Bond movie. What else need be said?

OK, a few things ...

Lots of action, only a little sex, fewer than usual double entendres. The action scenes reminded me too much of a first-person shooter video game. Car and motorcycle stunts were not convincing.

The bad guy did not have a cat. His main henchman did not throw his hat. Felix Leiter was back for more abuse. It was clever how they worked in "Bond, James Bond." The opening montage was excellent.

I feel I have a duty to see every James Bond movie, so I am off the hook until the next one.

Anyway, I enjoyed it.
jginseattle

Post by jginseattle »

bertilak wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:51 pm No Time to Die on Prime Video.

It's a James Bond movie. What else need be said?

OK, a few things ...

Lots of action, only a little sex, fewer than usual double entendres. The action scenes reminded me too much of a first-person shooter video game. Car and motorcycle stunts were not convincing.

The bad guy did not have a cat. His main henchman did not throw his hat. Felix Leiter was back for more abuse. It was clever how they worked in "Bond, James Bond." The opening montage was excellent.

I feel I have a duty to see every James Bond movie, so I am off the hook until the next one.

Anyway, I enjoyed it.
Lea Seydoux, the "Bond girl" in No Time to Die, is also in the recent The French Dispatch and the current Crimes of the Future. Those are both quite good.
vbdoug

Post by vbdoug »

"The Disaster Artist". Currently on Showtime.
Highly recommended. Different and well acted. I got into it. The story of Tommy Wiseau and his movie, "The Room".
I then had to see:

"The Room" 2003. Free on Youtube.
Definitely not recommended. Too much 1970's style semi-porn and not worth its hype as a cult film.
Fallible

Post by Fallible »

ResearchMed wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:08 pm
tenkuky wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:00 pm

RM
I certainly do! Thanks for the catch. I've already made the correction.

And I'm not at all sure how I managed to switch names. I'm not that familiar with any of them! :confused

RM
No, it was not Gomez and Thaler driving away together from the casino, but I can see why you thought it might be.
"Yes, investing is simple. But it is not easy, for it requires discipline, patience, steadfastness, and that most uncommon of all gifts, common sense." ~Jack Bogle