What Movie Have You Recently Watched?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
AnnetteLouisan

Re: What Movie Have You Recently Watched?

Post by AnnetteLouisan »

HarmlessDrudge wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:27 pm 63 Up. The "7 Up" series has been part of my life for over 20 years (I got the first few installments on Netflix DVDs, then watched the last several as they were released). I recently got BritBox just to watch it. Each installment has moved me--filled me with admiration for how each person has played the hand life has dealt them, and filled me with a kind of sorrow each time I watch the clip of those seven-year-olds on the playground and hear the narrator say, "Give me the child until he is seven, and I'll show you the man."
Thank you for reminding me of this. I’ve followed the Up series since college. I was able to find part 1 of 63 Up free online. Sad to see that Tony has become a little bitter, but glad to see his marriage is happy. The director passed a few years ago, so this is likely to be the last episode unless he named a successor.
HarmlessDrudge

Post by HarmlessDrudge »

AnnetteLouisan wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:10 pm
HarmlessDrudge wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:27 pm 63 Up. The "7 Up" series has been part of my life for over 20 years (I got the first few installments on Netflix DVDs, then watched the last several as they were released). I recently got BritBox just to watch it. Each installment has moved me--filled me with admiration for how each person has played the hand life has dealt them, and filled me with a kind of sorrow each time I watch the clip of those seven-year-olds on the playground and hear the narrator say, "Give me the child until he is seven, and I'll show you the man."
Thank you for reminding me of this. I’ve followed the Up series since college. I was able to find part 1 of 63 Up free online. Sad to see that Tony has become a little bitter, but glad to see his marriage is happy. The director passed a few years ago, so this is likely to be the last episode unless he named a successor.
I would love to see Claire Lewis (his assistant) continue it. It would seem complete with a "70 Up." But I'm grateful for what there is.
bltkmt

Post by bltkmt »

roamingzebra wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 1:19 pmand it is always nice to see the Farmer's Insurance guy. :)
If you like him, definitely check out "Counterpart" on Amazon Prime...fantastic show, and he is great in it.
tenkuky

Post by tenkuky »

bltkmt wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 9:14 am
roamingzebra wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 1:19 pmand it is always nice to see the Farmer's Insurance guy. :)
If you like him, definitely check out "Counterpart" on Amazon Prime...fantastic show, and he is great in it.
Not to mention his Oscar winning turn in Whiplash.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d_jQycdQGo
Marseille07

Post by Marseille07 »

Sleepless in Seattle (1993)
Artful Dodger

Post by Artful Dodger »

roamingzebra wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:33 pm "Eye in the Sky" (2015) w/ Helen Mirren, Aaron Paul, Alan Rickman, Barkhad Abdi. "Col. Katherine Powell, a military officer in command of an operation to capture terrorists in Kenya, sees her mission escalate when a girl enters the kill zone triggering an international dispute over the implications of modern warfare."

Fascinating.

All systems go on the drone strike until a little girl, who just wants to sell bread, unknowingly sets up her stand just outside the target compound.

It's all about decision-making. Military and political. US and British.

The situation is ever-changing and you literally end up on the edge of your seat.

Mirren did great as always. Barkhad Abdi was a new face for me. He was brilliant as the man on the ground conducting surveillance, then panickly watching as things devolve.
Saw this on the What’s leaving Netflix in May list. Very good and suspenseful. Good acting by all involved.
chipperd

Post by chipperd »

"The Gentleman" on Netflix.
Decent gangster type movie if you're into that kind of thing from time to time as I am. Acting isn't great but it's entertaining.
"A portfolio is like a bar of soap, the more it's handled, the less there is." Dr. William Bernstein
sycamore

Post by sycamore »

Nicolas wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:13 pm M (Germany, 1931) Peter Lorre, directed by Fritz Lang

Police and a criminal gang search for a child murderer in Berlin. (Subtitled).

A masterpiece of cinema. Highly recommended. Shortly after making this film Peter Lorre fled Nazi Germany. Fritz Lang followed two years later. We streamed it on The Criterion Channel.
Watched this on HBO Max. They appear to have many Criterion movies.

I had read elsewhere that M is considered a classic, and I think it lived up to its reputation. Peter Lorre fit his role perfectly. The movie uses sound and silence to great effect. Two thumbs up.
Topic Author
abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Post by abuss368 »

“The Devil’s Own” with Brad Pitt and Harrison Ford on Netflix.

Enjoyed it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Devil's_Own

Best.
Tony
John C. Bogle: “Simplicity is the master key to financial success."
DesertDiva

Post by DesertDiva »

Marseille07 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 4:18 pm Sleepless in Seattle (1993)
I liked the soundtrack
Marseille07

Post by Marseille07 »

DesertDiva wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 5:56 pm
I liked the soundtrack
Not the movie itself? :sob:

Tbh I had forgotten most of the movie plot, but yesterday I knew I have seen the movie when two women were watching a movie on TV and said "men never get this movie." I clearly remembered that scene :-D
DesertDiva

Post by DesertDiva »

Marseille07 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 6:13 pm
DesertDiva wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 5:56 pm
I liked the soundtrack
Not the movie itself? :sob:

Tbh I had forgotten most of the movie plot, but yesterday I knew I have seen the movie when two women were watching a movie on TV and said "men never get this movie." I clearly remembered that scene :-D
I didn’t dislike the movie, I just really liked the soundtrack, and even bought the CD at the time.
telemark

Post by telemark »

Movie not finished: Dynasty Warriors on Netflix.

I was lured by seeing Carina Lau in the cast, but she cannot save this, because no one could possibly save it. Apparently based on a video game, which may explain a few things.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

tooluser wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:19 pm The Secret of NIMH

This is a 1982 animated film that came out when I was 16, when I was a little too sophisticated to want to watch it. 40 years later, I have become less sophisticated again and enjoyed it very much on Tubi (for free with a couple of commercial breaks).

It is the directorial debut of a full length feature film from Don Bluth, who started out at Disney but produced many well-loved independent animated films later on. He was also one of the developers of the unique laser-disc-based 1983 arcade video game Dragon's Lair.

It was also the big screen debut for the voices of both Shannen Doherty and Wil Wheaton, who later went on to fame (or infamy) for Beverly Hills 90210 and Star Trek: The Next Generation, respectively.

Like any good G-rated film, there is enough to the story that an adult can enjoy it. I particularly enjoyed the background art as well.
The Secret of NIMH, free on YouTube with ads. This is my first time seeing the movie and agree it is very enjoyable by an adult. I was also surprised to see Dom DeLuise and John Carradine in the voice credits.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
Artful Dodger

Post by Artful Dodger »

I Care A Lot - Rosalind Pike & Peter Dinklage

I read some of the earlier posts. This is a serious topic - elders taken advantage of by court appointed guardians, but this movie is a comedy and it’s good overall.

My initial impression - one sick sick comedy and karma gets you in the end.
Last edited by Artful Dodger on Mon May 09, 2022 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VeryBlessedCali

Post by VeryBlessedCali »

Everything, Everywhere all at once.

It's Nothing to write home about.
midoxidil

Post by midoxidil »

Do Not watch Sci-Fi movie Cosmic Sin. Poor script & Worst acting ever. Lead actor has age related dementia and can not remember lines
stoptothink

Post by stoptothink »

A family friend rented out a theatre to watch Dr. Strange 2 yesterday afternoon. We would have left <20 minutes in if we had purchased tickets. Unexplainably bad, my wife commented that it may legitimately be the worst movie she's ever watched until the end.
donfairplay

Post by donfairplay »

Artful Dodger wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:45 pm I Care A Lot - Rosalind Pike & Peter Dinklage

I read some of the earlier posts. This is a serious topic - elders taken advantage of by court appointed guardians, but this is a comedy and it’s good overall.

My initial impression - one sick sick comedy and karma gets you in the end.
Netflix' Dirty Money docuseries had an entire episode dedicated to crooked guardianship. They saw the initial articles about it, captured a guardianship gone wrong essentially in real time and filmed it. The episode follows more than one guardianship disaster, but the most memorable one is an elderly gentleman who goes to his bank asking for help with a notice from the city about maintenance on his rental properties, the bank refers an attorney.

He ends up losing everything while being sent to a nursing home.

I say "had" an episode on Netflix because it was removed from Netflix after being sued for defamation by one of the attorneys in the episode.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11947160/

Dirty Money, season 2, episode 5: "Guardians, Inc."

https://www.milforddailynews.com/story/ ... /42697355/
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Constantine on DVD, rated R, Keanu Reeves, action / fantasy / horror, 2005. A demon hunter (John Constantine) helps a policewoman determine her sister's cause of death. The plot is fast-paced and action-packed with lots of suspense. If you like exorcism with a super hero mix, this movie is for you. This movie won a few awards. It kept my interest the entire time. Not bad.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
MDfan

Post by MDfan »

purpleKatz wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 9:46 pm Everything Everywhere All At Once
At a movie theatre.

Very oddball and a clean fun popcorn movie. Michelle Yeoh is an excellent actress, and for such a crazy plotline - it was surprisingly easy to follow. Whoever did the editing on this deserves an Oscar. I laughed out loud more than once. I recommend it for action/comedy/sheer innovative writing/and a slight bit of heartfelt family feels - but mostly for being brave. It's a very difficult storyline to pull-off and it succeeded.
I was not a fan. I thought that was one of the strangest movies I've ever seen. And too long. Just not my kind of movie at all.
OpenMinded1

Post by OpenMinded1 »

Coherence , 2013, Hugo Armstrong, Emily Baldoni, Nichlas Brendon. Not rated. Free on demand at Pluto, and probably some other channels. It's a real mind bender with an extremely complex plot involving odd happenings during a close pass by a comet. I enjoyed it, but found it a bit of a chore to watch. Had to pay very close attention and put my thinking cap on to figure out what was going on. :D
KSOC

Post by KSOC »

Capsu78 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:21 pm "Fishermans Friend" on Prime surprised me with a touching story based on a true one. I watched it without DW as I was expecting a story she would have little interest in but now will watch it again so she can see it. A cast of very likable characters and some interesting music as well.
Wife and I really enjoyed this movie. Songs stuck in our heads for days, so I ended up buying the CD. Watched a second time with our adult daughters and both of them really liked it.
I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round. | Nobody told me there'd be days like these.
Topic Author
abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Post by abuss368 »

“21” on Netflix with Kevin Spacey. Enjoyed it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/21_(2008_film)

Best.
Tony
Topic Author
abuss368

Post by abuss368 »

“The Tailor of Panama” on Hulu. Was alright.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tailo ... ama_(film)

Best.
Tony
OpenMinded1

Post by OpenMinded1 »

KSOC wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 9:10 am
Capsu78 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:21 pm "Fishermans Friend" on Prime surprised me with a touching story based on a true one. I watched it without DW as I was expecting a story she would have little interest in but now will watch it again so she can see it. A cast of very likable characters and some interesting music as well.
Wife and I really enjoyed this movie. Songs stuck in our heads for days, so I ended up buying the CD. Watched a second time with our adult daughters and both of them really liked it.
My wife got the sound track on CD from a friend awhile back, but we had never seen the movie until about a week ago. Wife and I agreed it was the most enjoyable movie we've watched in awhile. Great soundtrack also.
Capsu78

Post by Capsu78 »

OpenMinded1 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 12:56 pm
My wife got the sound track on CD from a friend awhile back, but we had never seen the movie until about a week ago. Wife and I agreed it was the most enjoyable movie we've watched in awhile. Great soundtrack also.
I'm glad others enjoyed! I did end up re watching it with DW and she enjoyed it as well.
joe8d

Post by joe8d »

:thumbsup
Artful Dodger wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 4:25 pm
roamingzebra wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:33 pm "Eye in the Sky" (2015) w/ Helen Mirren, Aaron Paul, Alan Rickman, Barkhad Abdi. "Col. Katherine Powell, a military officer in command of an operation to capture terrorists in Kenya, sees her mission escalate when a girl enters the kill zone triggering an international dispute over the implications of modern warfare."

Fascinating.

All systems go on the drone strike until a little girl, who just wants to sell bread, unknowingly sets up her stand just outside the target compound.

It's all about decision-making. Military and political. US and British.

The situation is ever-changing and you literally end up on the edge of your seat.

Mirren did great as always. Barkhad Abdi was a new face for me. He was brilliant as the man on the ground conducting surveillance, then panickly watching as things devolve.
Saw this on the What’s leaving Netflix in May list. Very good and suspenseful. Good acting by all involved.
:thumbsup
All the Best, | Joe
Tubes

Post by Tubes »

Capsu78 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 3:56 pm
OpenMinded1 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 12:56 pm
I'm glad others enjoyed! I did end up re watching it with DW and she enjoyed it as well.
Sounds like a movie DW and I both may like. We'll give it a chance.
TomatoTomahto

Post by TomatoTomahto »

Run Lola Run

The online synopsis doesn’t do this film justice:
In this visually and conceptually impressive film, two-bit Berlin criminal Manni (Moritz Bleibtreu) delivers some smuggled loot for his boss, Ronnie (Heino Ferch), but accidentally leaves the 100,000 mark payment in a subway car. Given 20 minutes to come up with the money, he calls his girlfriend, Lola (Franka Potente), who sprints through the streets of the city to try to beg the money out of her bank manager father (Herbert Knaup) and get to Manni before he does something desperate.
This is one of my favorite films. I just got a new TV (83” Sony A90J) and thought I’d give it a shot even though the screen hasn’t been broken in yet.

Available on Showtime but also on BRAVIA CORE which streams select movies for Bravia owners at extreme bit rates (up to 80 Mbps compare to most streamers 20 Mbps max).
I get the FI part but not the RE part of FIRE.
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

TomatoTomahto wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:07 am Run Lola Run

In this visually and conceptually impressive film, two-bit Berlin criminal Manni (Moritz Bleibtreu) delivers some smuggled loot for his boss, Ronnie (Heino Ferch), but accidentally leaves the 100,000 mark payment in a subway car. Given 20 minutes to come up with the money, he calls his girlfriend, Lola (Franka Potente), who sprints through the streets of the city to try to beg the money out of her bank manager father (Herbert Knaup) and get to Manni before he does something desperate.
This is one of my favorite films. I just got a new TV (83” Sony A90J) and thought I’d give it a shot even though the screen hasn’t been broken in yet.

Available on Showtime but also on BRAVIA CORE which streams select movies for Bravia owners at extreme bit rates (up to 80 Mbps compare to most streamers 20 Mbps max).
You see a good bit of downtown Berlin watching this film. I saw it on its release and enjoyed it.

Wow that TV is expensive: $5500 on Amazon currently. But hey, that's what money’s for.
Blues

Post by Blues »

We enjoyed "Run Lola Run" several years ago. If I recall correctly, there was also a sequel that we saw back when...
TomatoTomahto

Post by TomatoTomahto »

Nicolas wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:37 am
TomatoTomahto wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:07 am Run Lola Run

You see a good bit of downtown Berlin watching this film. I saw it on its release and enjoyed it.

Wow that TV is expensive: $5500 on Amazon currently. But hey, that's what money’s for.
I happily understand German well, although my wife does not.

I have treated myself well with my home theater :D . The price is doubly impressive because Sony decided not to do an annual release in 2022, so I bought “last year’s model;” the TV still beats (imo) the 2022 equivalent LG unless you’re a gamer. For film/video, it has become Sony’s world. I’ll probably get a QD-OLED (quantum dot OLED) a couple of years from now, once it has gone through teething pains.

I am astounded at the video quality, and it’s not like I haven’t seen good video. As you say, that’s what money is for.
TomatoTomahto

Post by TomatoTomahto »

Blues wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:44 am We enjoyed "Run Lola Run" several years ago. If I recall correctly, there was also a sequel that we saw back when...
When you mentioned it, I looked it up. I haven’t watched it yet, but apparently it’s a Bollywood remake available on Nexflix. Looop Lapeta. I have not made this up; I promise.
Blues

Post by Blues »

TomatoTomahto wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:59 am
Blues wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:44 am We enjoyed "Run Lola Run" several years ago. If I recall correctly, there was also a sequel that we saw back when...
When you mentioned it, I looked it up. I haven’t watched it yet, but apparently it’s a Bollywood remake available on Nexflix. Looop Lapeta. I have not made this up; I promise.
I don't think that's what I was thinking of...let me see if I can find what I was thinking of. Maybe just a senior moment. :oops:

Yeah, I'm probably just thinking of something which reminded me of the original "Lola"...but I can't bring it to mind.

Great film, in any case.
tooluser

Post by tooluser »

tenkuky wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:50 am Old (2021) by M. Knight Shyamalan.
Free, DVD borrowed from public library.
From the man who gave us Sixth Sense :beer, this shows how horribly he has fallen :annoyed
Contrived performances, absurd plot holes and none of the wonderful surprises one expects from his early work.
Wish I'd seen your review before watching it, but I'd probably have watched it anyway.
Slightly intriguing but mostly a waste of time.
Like good comrades to the utmost of their strength, we shall go on to the end. -- Winston Churchill
jginseattle

Post by jginseattle »

The Duke (2020). A comedy/drama about the theft of Goya's portrait of the Duke of Wellington in 1961. It's based on a true story. It stars Jim Broadbent and Helen Mirren. Very enjoyable. I saw it in the theater.

Recommended.
Capsu78

Post by Capsu78 »

"Begin Again" on Netflix is a nice easy comedy with some good music and surprising cast members.. Wife and I both liked it.
jjunk

Post by jjunk »

Saw Strange 2 twice, it's not the best Marvel movie ever but certainly not the worst. Story was kinda of all over the place but visually was very interesting.

The Bad Guys was a great animated movie. Interesting animation style and good voice acting. We enjoyed it.

The Northman. I knew what I was getting into when I went to see this and it basically met my expectations. I've never been a fan of Egger's movies but this was probably one of the better ones. Was good to see in the theater given some of the darker scenes.

The Outfit. I really enjoyed this slow burn of a movie. Very well acted, story moved along while keeping it's mysteries close to the vest. Well worth a watch if you like movies with good story telling and a bit of violence.
stoptothink

Post by stoptothink »

jjunk wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 4:50 pm Saw Strange 2 twice, it's not the best Marvel movie ever but certainly not the worst. Story was kinda of all over the place but visually was very interesting.

Reviews of this movie are all over the place. My wife genuinely said it was the worst movie she's ever sat through entirely, I didn't think it was much better (probably in my bottom 10, ever). Quite a few we went with literally walked out, and it was free (theatre rented out by a friend who is a local business owner). My little sisters went the day after us and they agreed it was up there with Green Lantern as the worst superhero movie. IMO, it was brutally hard to watch; incredibly cheesy, some blatant virtue signaling that rubbed my wife the wrong way, and so many plot elements that made no sense. We thought the CGI was terrible, some elements looked like a 1990's movie - but I guess "visually interesting" is subjective.

Then again, my FIL and wife's brothers actually liked it, but they are serious B-movie aficionados.
4nursebee

Post by 4nursebee »

PSA:

Big thanks to those that post how they watched the movie... like netflix of amazon prime.
Pale Blue Dot
matti

Post by matti »

I'm a horror movie nut and watched the latest rendition of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Netflix exclusive released in 2022). I didn't expect much and it delivered on that. It was not very good at all. The original (from 1974, as I recall) is an all-timer and none of the versions since have been able to capture that suffocating and amazingly gritty feeling, in my opinion.
MandyT

Post by MandyT »

I finally cleared "Ford v Ferrari" off my DVR. It wasn't much like I was expecting, in a good way. It was an excellent character piece, and, as someone who knows little about auto racing or auto mechanics, those parts of the movie kept my interest. 9/10.
jjunk

Post by jjunk »

stoptothink wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 6:27 pm
jjunk wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 4:50 pm Saw Strange 2 twice, it's not the best Marvel movie ever but certainly not the worst. Story was kinda of all over the place but visually was very interesting.

Reviews of this movie are all over the place. My wife genuinely said it was the worst movie she's ever sat through entirely, I didn't think it was much better (probably in my bottom 10, ever). Quite a few we went with literally walked out, and it was free (theatre rented out by a friend who is a local business owner). My little sisters went the day after us and they agreed it was up there with Green Lantern as the worst superhero movie. IMO, it was brutally hard to watch; incredibly cheesy, some blatant virtue signaling that rubbed my wife the wrong way, and so many plot elements that made no sense. We thought the CGI was terrible, some elements looked like a 1990's movie - but I guess "visually interesting" is subjective.

Then again, my FIL and wife's brothers actually liked it, but they are serious B-movie aficionados.
Yeah, my wife didn't like it. She didn't hate it as much as your wife seemed to and she certainly didn't consider it bad enough to walk out of but she found the story confusing and thought it was too choppy to make sense. I wouldn't place it in Green Lantern territory (or Incredible Hulk) for that matter but it is a Sam Raimi film and he has a style which was very much on display in this movie. His Spider-Man films are still some of the best of the genre but I would agree that this doesn't quite hit the mark. Really looking forward to Thor though, Taika is on another level.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Donnie Darko on Amazon Prime ($2.99 rental), rated R, drama / mystery / sci-fi, 2001. A teenager listens to his imaginary 6-foot rabbit friend to commit crimes. I wasn't as impressed as the reviews suggested. However, it was a good movie.

I had intended to watch this movie on my Director's Cut Blu-ray DVD version. However, it wouldn't play and I wanted to watch the movie. The movie is on Amazon Prime for $2.99 (HD), $3.99 (Ultra HD) and Director's Cut (not available). I went for the HD version, which was listed as 101 minutes long. The Director's Cut was 134 minutes long.

That's a good chunk of movie that I didn't see. Perhaps it would like this movie better if I had the Director's Cut. In any case, I don't think it's worth $18.63 to see it again.

This movie was listed as "similar to" Nightcrawler, which I liked better.
YeahBuddy

Post by YeahBuddy »

The Godfather
Watched on cable/DVR.
Highly recommend.
Light weight baby!
Mr. Rumples

Post by Mr. Rumples »

Garbo Talks A sweet movie staring Ann Bancroft among others. Bancroft's character is dying and her son tries to fulfill her dying wish: to meet Greta Garbo.
"History is the memory of time, the life of the dead and the happiness of the living." Captain John Smith 1580-1631
Herekittykitty

Post by Herekittykitty »

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Ring (PG-13 2021 ‧ Action/Fantasy ‧ 2h 12m)

I saw it on a plane several months ago. I enjoyed it a lot. Action, acting, story. It turned out like I hoped it would.
I don't know anything.
Capsu78

Post by Capsu78 »

"Girlfriend Day" on Netflix. We are fans of Bob Odenfeld from Better Call Saul so we were predisposed to like this movie, which he wrote and starred in. Dark, quirky comedy that comes in at 1Hr/10 minutes so it fit well as a wrap up the weekend flick.
Blues

Post by Blues »

Capsu78 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:26 pm "Girlfriend Day" on Netflix. We are fans of Bob Odenfeld from Better Call Saul so we were predisposed to like this movie, which he wrote and starred in. Dark, quirky comedy that comes in at 1Hr/10 minutes so it fit well as a wrap up the weekend flick.
Odenkirk... :beer