Advice on IRA accounts

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
DONBETC

Advice on IRA accounts

Post by DONBETC »

My wife rolled her 403b into Fidelity FPURX in April 2019 when she retired at 62. We have no plans to start drawing it until she is 73(6years)
It's value going in was $430k and as of yesterday around $624k. She also receives SS, a small pension and an annuity that somebody sold her years ago. That totals up to $3500 after tax withholdings. I will be retiring next April and rolling my 401k into an IRA at that time. The current value is roughly $465k. My SS will be about $2400 net. We just don't want to screw up by being in the wrong accounts. I I am looking for any helpful advice. I know enough to be dangerous
FiveK

Re: Advice on IRA accounts

Post by FiveK »

DONBETC, welcome to the forum.

You'll likely get more helpful answers if you edit your post and use the Asking Portfolio Questions suggestions. Good luck!
Eagle33

Post by Eagle33 »

DONBETC wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:54 am My wife rolled her 403b into Fidelity FPURX in April 2019 when she retired at 62. We have no plans to start drawing it until she is 73(6years)
It's value going in was $430k and as of yesterday around $624k.
Back in 2019, did your wife rollover her 403b account into a traditional IRA at Fidelity or changed her investment inside her 403b account? FPURX is a mutual fund (Fidelity Puritan Fund) that can be held in various types of accounts - retirement and taxable.
delamer

Post by delamer »

What do you mean by “the wrong accounts?”

Was your wife’s 403(b) rolled into an IRA? If so, then the question is whether the current fund is the best choice for you,

Same for your 401(k) into an IRA next year.
One thing that humbles me deeply is to see that human genius has its limits while human stupidity does not. - Alexandre Dumas, fils