Portfolio builder for multiple accounts

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
Eeebee

Portfolio builder for multiple accounts

Post by Eeebee »

Hi,
I've reviewed a lot of documentation, including https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Asset_a ... e_accounts, but we have numerous accounts and I'm wondering if there is a site or tool that will help build a portfolio across multiple accounts. Do any of you know of such a tool?

Specifically, I need to allocate funds across these accounts while planning for tax efficiency and early retirement in approximately 2 years at age 55.
IRA
2 Roth IRAs
2 taxable brokerage accounts
HYSA

Thanks!
mhc

Re: Portfolio builder for multiple accounts

Post by mhc »

Welcome to the forum.

I do not know of any tools, but you could post your info, and you will get input from people on this forum. Just follow this format: viewtopic.php?t=6212

There are some basic rules that can guide your decisions.
1. try to put all bonds in tax deferred accounts
2. tax efficient index stock funds in taxable account
3. don't mirror your asset allocation in all accounts. treat all accounts together.
52% TSM, 23% TISM, 24.5% TBM, 0.5% cash
Wiggums

Post by Wiggums »

"I started with nothing and I still have most of it left."
aristotelian

Post by aristotelian »

Best thing to do is post your portfolio here and you will get very detailed recommendations.
Boglehead1967

Post by Boglehead1967 »

There are many tools, none is perfect due to the need to deal with many login verifications. Empower, New Retirement are the best. However, I ended up using Empower the same way as spreadsheet, to avoid having account update issues. You can do the same with New retirement and play with scenarios they offer.
Topic Author
Eeebee

Post by Eeebee »

Thanks. I use both newretirement and empower. Both are good at what they do (monitoring and planning), but I haven't found that either offer ways to "build" a portfolio with a new or different asset allocation across multiple accounts. This is what I'm really looking for.
mojorisin

Post by mojorisin »

Eeebee wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:04 pm Thanks. I use both newretirement and empower. Both are good at what they do (monitoring and planning), but I haven't found that either offer ways to "build" a portfolio with a new or different asset allocation across multiple accounts. This is what I'm really looking for.
Have you looked at assetrise.com? Looks like they do exactly what you're looking for. Monitor asset allocation across multiple accounts.
Topic Author
Eeebee

Post by Eeebee »

Interesting! Thanks for this.
mojorisin

Post by mojorisin »

Eeebee wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:44 am Interesting! Thanks for this.
I tried to send you a DM but its stuck in my outbox. Maybe you don't have enough posts yet?