Wash sale disallowed

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills.
Topic Author
kamal444

Wash sale disallowed

Post by kamal444 »

Hi,

I am doing taxes based on the stock selling listed on 1099-B.
My 1099-B has lot of data where cost basis is not reported to IRS. 1g in 1099-B is 0.

However, in the supplemental information I could find all the data for RSU and ESPP.
I have sold some RSU where the column mentions "Wash sale disallowed" with value (example $213.51).
In TurboTax, I imported all the data and entered 0 in 1e box and checking box Cost basis is missing or inaccurate.

Next page it mentions me to adjust the cost basis which I did using the information provided in the supplemental form. However, there was nothing that I entered for Wash sale. Is there anything that I need to adjust manually or the Wash sale data was captured in the adjusted cost basis on supplemental form.

Fidelity mentioned that the cost basis should capture all the information and you don't need to adjust anything specific related to wash sale. Just wanted to validate it from people in this forum.

Thanks.