Booking Round Trip Flight - 1 Direction Business Class

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
CPA without a cause

Booking Round Trip Flight - 1 Direction Business Class

Post by CPA without a cause »

Hello,

I am planning booking an international flight on British Airways from Orlando, Florida (where I live) to London, UK leaving in late April and returning mid May.

I would like to book business class on the way there (so i can lay flat and sleep), but am fine with regular coach on the flight home as I typically try to stay awake.

However, I am not sure how I can do this cost efficiently...booking online i can't choose 2 separate classes, and if I buy the flights separately the cost is insanely higher (thousands higher).

Anyone have any experience doing this?
bob60014

Re: Booking Round Trip Flight - 1 Direction Business Class

Post by bob60014 »

Call BA and talk to a agent
hunoraut

Post by hunoraut »

Most carrier website will allow you to select the class of service on each leg separately (regardless of the class indicated to initiate the search). The result will be fair compared to the 1-way bookings (which is expensive because they push you to the higher fares)

The other thing is to book economy flights, and then use the multiple cash upgrade options after the purchase. Theyve priced this so its roughly equivalent to having bought the ticket originally.
BattyNatty

Post by BattyNatty »

This blog post goes into great detail about how to search/price these itineraries and then how to try to actually book them: https://onemileatatime.com/mixed-cabin-itineraries/
Topic Author
CPA without a cause

Post by CPA without a cause »

i figured it out, i called British Air and was able to get the round trip with business class there for a little over $2k, versus $5k on the website for business class both ways, so i am happy. thanks
bob60014

Post by bob60014 »

CPA without a cause wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:39 pm i figured it out, i called British Air and was able to get the round trip with business class there for a little over $2k, versus $5k on the website for business class both ways, so i am happy. thanks
:sharebeer
LeftCoast

Post by LeftCoast »

FYI, you can book different classes on Virgin Atlantic's web site. Later this year we are going to London, and we booked LAX-LHR in business class (for the overnight flight) and premium economy class for the daytime return flight. It was way cheaper than a round trip in business class.