2023 Boglehead Contest Needs A Manager

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Topic Author
Taylor Larimore

2023 Boglehead Contest Needs A Manager

Post by Taylor Larimore »

Bogleheads:

I began the annual Boglehead Contest in 2001 so that Bogleheads could see for themselves the futility of stock market forecasts. This year is no exception. Last January the average Boglehead forecast for the 2023 year-end S&P 500 Index was 5065. Today,the S&P 500 Index closed at 3783 -- not even close.

I have been informed by Ralph Arveson (who began managing the Contest in 2003) that due to health reasons in his family, he will be unable to manage the 2023 Contest--at least in the near future. Accordingly, we need a new Boglehead Contest manager if we are to continue this popular event (I'm too old).

If you are interested in the position-- please PM me. We need someone who is dedicated with at least a year's experience posting on this forum. I understand that Ralph will help you continue his fantastic on-time program, tracking the S&P 500 Index and the position of each Boglehead.

I will help you manage Registrations for the 2023 Boglehead Contest.

Thank you, Ralph -- and all the Bogleheads who have entered our Contests. You have shown us that it is impossible to forecast the security markets.

Best wishes.
Taylor
Jack Bogle's Words of Wisdom: "After nearly 50 years in this business, I do not know of anybody who has done market timing successfully and consistently. I don't even know anybody who knows anybody who has done it successfully and consistently."
"Simplicity is the master key to financial success." -- Jack Bogle