Master Thread for Philadelphia PA Area Bogleheads Chapter

US Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements.
rmrski1

Re: Master Thread for Philadelphia PA Area Bogleheads Chapter

Post by rmrski1 »

We would like to restart the Philadelphia Bogleheads Chapter. If you have interest in participating, please contact me with your details to be added to the email list so we can communicate with you about future meetings. Thank you.
DrJay

Post by DrJay »

rmrski1 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:40 pm We would like to restart the Philadelphia Bogleheads Chapter. If you have interest in participating, please contact me with your details to be added to the email list so we can communicate with you about future meetings. Thank you.
Hi rmrski1,
I'm interested! Apparently, I haven't been posting enough because the forum will not let me PM you.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

DrJay, Welcome! You can send PMs now.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
bap

Post by bap »

Also interested. Thanks.
Will PM you.
bap

Post by bap »

For those that have expressed an interest in participating with the Philly BH Chapter, please send an email to phillybogleheads@gmail.com with your contact info. We are also investigating possible venues to meet, so would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Please note this is a new email address.

The old one was phillyboglehead@gmail.com (missing the 's' after boglehead) and will no longer be used.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
Gennaro Dillinger

Post by Gennaro Dillinger »

rmrski1 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:40 pm We would like to restart the Philadelphia Bogleheads Chapter. If you have interest in participating, please contact me with your details to be added to the email list so we can communicate with you about future meetings. Thank you.
Hi,
I am interested. Thanks
bap

Post by bap »

Please send an email to phillybogleheads@gmail.com so that you will receive meeting announcements.
Thank you and welcome.
bap

Post by bap »

Our first 2023 meeting of the Philadelphia Region Bogleheads will take place on Saturday morning February 11th from 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM.

The meeting will include a presentation by Steve S followed by a Q&A as well as an open forum discussion based on whatever the attendees might like to discuss. Our presenter will be reviewing the Secure Act 2.0 which has now passed. Steve will cover changes to the RMD age and implementation dates, catch-up provisions and the new automatic enrollment policy.

The meeting will be held at The Upper Dublin Public Library located at 520 Virginia Drive, Fort Washington, PA 19034. The library is located just 5 minutes from the Fort Washington exit of the Pennsylvania Turnpike. The meeting will take place in the 2nd floor conference room.

Please RSVP to phillybogleheads@gmail.com so we can get an idea of the number of attendees.
We look forward to seeing you there.

Rob R
Chapter Coordinator
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Posting on behalf of the Philly chapter coordinator:
Hello Philly Bogleheads:

Our next meeting of the Philadelphia Region Bogleheads will take place on Saturday morning September 9th from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM. The meeting will include an open forum discussion based on whatever the attendees might like to discuss.

If anyone is interested in making a brief (10-15 minute) presentation please let us know. We would like to choose topics that most of the attendees can relate to, either now or in the future.

The meeting will be held once again at The Upper Dublin Public Library located at 520 Virginia Drive, Fort Washington, PA 19034. The library is located just 5 minutes from the Fort Washington exit of the Pennsylvania Turnpike. The meeting will take place in the 2nd floor conference room.

Please RSVP to this invitation so we can get an idea of the number of attendees, as there may be space limitations.

We look forward to seeing you there.
Please RSVP to phillybogleheads@gmail.com.
ThisTooShallPAss

Post by ThisTooShallPAss »

How do I join this chapter?

Thank you!
bap

Post by bap »

Please send an email to phillybogleheads@gmail.com and we will add you to our email list.
Reminder, there is a meeting this Saturday, details above.
Welcome.
bluegreg

Post by bluegreg »

is this chapter still having meetings?
bap

Post by bap »

Hello,
There is nothing on the schedule at present, but if you are on the mailing list I will send out an email when our chapter coordinator schedules the next meeting.