So what are you cooking

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
tooluser

Re: So what are you cooking

Post by tooluser »

I cut a sirloin steak into cubes, seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Grilled in a cast iron pan and finished with ghee, removed to a bowl. Then I added chopped green peppers, red onions, and brown mushrooms to the pan and remaining fat, with a little seasoned salt, and browned those. Into the same bowl along with the pan drippings.
Like good comrades to the utmost of their strength, we shall go on to the end. -- Winston Churchill
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

I just repeated a previous recipe:
LadyGeek wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:06 pm Beef Bourguignon in the crockpot. Recipe: Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon

Ignore the 20 minute prep time. I prepped everything the night before - it took me nearly 1-1/2 hours.
  • Cooked and chopped the bacon, sliced carrots and mushrooms, prepared garlic, measured out 1 pound of baby potatoes
  • The carrots and mushrooms were put in an airtight container and stored in the fridge
I substituted the chicken broth for leftover beef broth (what I had). For the wine, I used an already open bottle of California Merlot.

Tip: Never, ever use cooking wine. Any cheap bottle of "real" wine is far better than anything sold as cooking wine. When in doubt, never use cooking wine. A good rule of thumb is to cook with the wine you are drinking. The alcohol will evaporate as it cooks.

Step 2: Instead of a skillet which requires lifting and carefully pouring the sauce into a crockpot, I used a wok. This does two things:
  • Instead of 2-3 minutes browning on each side (very labor intensive and time consuming), I stir-fried the beef - done in 3 minutes (x 4 batches). I used a slotted spatula to stir-fry then transfer the beef to the crock pot. Easy.
  • Using a large skillet to pour a sauce takes skill and is difficult to manage. The wok works just fine to create and transfer the sauce to the crockpot.
Not in the recipe - I added my remaining leftover beef broth (< 1 cup), red wine (1 cup), and a bit more soy sauce. The extra liquids turned this into more of a soup than a stew.

I think the soy sauce made a big difference in the taste, along with using a good quality wine. Excellent.
Adding: I used chicken broth as the recipe states. After the crockpot was finished, I cooked a 12 oz. bag of egg noodles and mixed it in. I probably could have thrown the egg noodles in at the beginning, but I forgot and it probably would have been too much to hold in the crockpot.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
wabbott

Post by wabbott »

livesoft wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:04 pm With no apologies to the vegetarians, my son smoked a prime brisket from H-E-B. After about 13 hours in the homemade backyard cinder block smoker:
That's cheating to post pics!! I won't sleep a wink tonight from my stomach rumbling!
tooluser

Post by tooluser »

wabbott wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:40 pm
livesoft wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:04 pm With no apologies to the vegetarians, my son smoked a prime brisket from H-E-B. After about 13 hours in the homemade backyard cinder block smoker:
That's cheating to post pics!! I won't sleep a wink tonight from my stomach rumbling!
Yeah, that looks quite good.

With that, I will wrap up my vegan substitutes experiment from earlier in this topic. This involved me trying various, often frozen, pre-prepared vegan items. Vegan patties of vegetables and soy protein, vegan meat substitutes using the newer technologies such as Beyond or Impossible, vegan cheese substitutes, vegan yogurt and other liquid dairy products.
1) Most of them were okay. On an A to F scale for taste and texture I would give most a B. Happily eaten if served them, but no reason to seek them out if your dietary choices do not demand such things.
2) The factory-produced foods were usually more expensive than their meat-based counterparts. Preparing something vegan from scratch is a better financial deal, and probably better for your health.
3) Pea and oat milk were the best of the dairy substitutes.
4) The bad, for me personally: I would avoid anything with a smoked flavor. That flavoring hit my palate very favorably on the first bite, but then became cloying and awful afterwards. The newer technology meat substitutes did better but not by much. Vegan cheese is just congealed oil. It is vastly inferior in taste, texture, and behavior to real cheese. Raw soy milk and tofu taste of nothing at first, and then have a very gaggy aftertaste that I personally cannot stand.

Hardly a definitive study, but I think I know where I'm going from here. I have an opinion based on actually trying these things.
"Even a hot dog wouldn't be too bad." -- Ray Charles
Like good comrades to the utmost of their strength, we shall go on to the end. -- Winston Churchill
tooluser

Post by tooluser »

"Cheap Nachos" using Trader Joe's Pumpkin tortilla chips. The cinnamon and nutmeg in the chips went very well with traditional toppings. Top the chips with shredded jack cheese. Heat in the microwave until the cheese melts. Add pickled jalapeno slices and salsa.

I call any nachos with just chips, cheese, and pickled jalapenos "cheap nachos", because that's how I had them the first time. Technically, adding salsa and using cheese instead of cheese sauce gussied them up a bit.
familythriftmd

Post by familythriftmd »

I had sardines for the first time. I bought the sardines in hot sauce can from ALDI. I sauteed them in oil and then used that as a sauce for pasta. It was pretty good.
wabbott

Post by wabbott »

familythriftmd wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:11 pm I had sardines for the first time. I bought the sardines in hot sauce can from ALDI. I sauteed them in oil and then used that as a sauce for pasta. It was pretty good.
Haven't had sardines in ages. Used to be my go to lunch when fishing - sardines on a Ritz cracker with a dob of Miracle Whip on top.
familythriftmd

Post by familythriftmd »

wabbott wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:04 pm
familythriftmd wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:11 pm I had sardines for the first time. I bought the sardines in hot sauce can from ALDI. I sauteed them in oil and then used that as a sauce for pasta. It was pretty good.
Haven't had sardines in ages. Used to be my go to lunch when fishing - sardines on a Ritz cracker with a dob of Miracle Whip on top.
Miracle Whip? Well, that sounds more controversial than the sardines! :P
placeholder

Post by placeholder »

If I'm having sardines on crackers I put mustard on them.
tooluser

Post by tooluser »

I have designated Tuesday lunch as my canned sardine day. I don't always make it, sometimes it's tuna instead, sometimes something else. I'm always a little put off by seafood, but every time I actually eat a can of sardines I remember that they are quite tasty and I enjoy them. Crackers, hot sauce, mustard, mayo. All valid. I haven't had Miracle Whip in quite a long time. I may have to get some now.

There are at least several entertaining sardine-eating weirdos on Youtube if you want to explore (I say that in a good way).

I have never used them in a hot dish such as pasta. A whole 'nother world to explore.
placeholder

Post by placeholder »

As we were discussing sardines I used a can to make a variant of pasta puttanesca with kalamata olives and capers.
wabbott

Post by wabbott »

tooluser wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:58 pm I have designated Tuesday lunch as my canned sardine day. I don't always make it, sometimes it's tuna instead, sometimes something else. I'm always a little put off by seafood, but every time I actually eat a can of sardines I remember that they are quite tasty and I enjoy them. Crackers, hot sauce, mustard, mayo. All valid. I haven't had Miracle Whip in quite a long time. I may have to get some now.

There are at least several entertaining sardine-eating weirdos on Youtube if you want to explore (I say that in a good way).

I have never used them in a hot dish such as pasta. A whole 'nother world to explore.
Crystal brand hot sauce is, imo, the best of all the Louisiana hot sauces, even better than Tabasco. It has a vinegar kick to it.
https://crystalhotsauce.com/
mkc

Post by mkc »

tooluser wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:08 pm "Cheap Nachos" using Trader Joe's Pumpkin tortilla chips. The cinnamon and nutmeg in the chips went very well with traditional toppings. Top the chips with shredded jack cheese. Heat in the microwave until the cheese melts. Add pickled jalapeno slices and salsa.

I call any nachos with just chips, cheese, and pickled jalapenos "cheap nachos", because that's how I had them the first time. Technically, adding salsa and using cheese instead of cheese sauce gussied them up a bit.
The original nachos were just that - chips, cheese, and a jalapeno slice. So maybe call them "authentic" instead of "cheap" :wink: .

Pati Jinich article on nachos

We like the Mrs. Renfro's brand of pickled jalapenos - the ones labeled "nacho slices", not the sweet ones.
chris319

Post by chris319 »

I made crumpets yesterday and they turned out very nicely; recipe below.

At first I had trouble with the crumpets not cooking all the way through and being mushy inside. A change of batter hydration fixed that. The recipe below is 130% hydration.

150 g AP flour (100%)
½ tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
195 g warm water (130%)
21 g yeast (14%)
Butter (not oil)

Important! Heat water for 20 seconds in microwave oven.

Important! Preheat skillet: burner setting: 4½ (400° F).

If you have a very large (4 cup) measuring cup, you can make the batter in it. This makes it easy to pour the batter into the skillet.

Whisk together flour and salt. Add yeast and water, mix. Cover and let batter rise for ½ hour. Batter will be puffy.

Spoon or pour batter into heated skillet. Burner setting: 4 ½. Use crumpet rings if you have them.

A traditional British crumpet is cooked on one side only.

Crumpet rings:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=egg+rings&cr ... _sb_noss_2
Financial decisions based on emotion often turn out to be bad decisions.
tooluser

Post by tooluser »

I still hope to get back to the crumpets. I haven't figured them out yet. Crumpalooza 2023 perhaps!

Tonight I sauteed up some tasty leftovers: previously baked potato (cubed), cauliflower florets, and bacon bits, with creole seasoning, topped with cotija cheese (parmesan-like Mexican cheese). Rather salty, white-brown-red color palette. I'd do it again!
Beensabu

Post by Beensabu »

I made sweet potato curry! With leftover turkey. Plus spinach. It's pretty good. I'm going to eat it all.
"The only thing that makes life possible is permanent, intolerable uncertainty; not knowing what comes next." ~Ursula LeGuin
arcticpineapplecorp.

Post by arcticpineapplecorp. »

just made this tonight: Nadya's peanut chicken traybake.

No need to make your own nut butter, just use peanut butter (we use natural peanut butter). Also you can use any chicken (don't need to debone). We cut up boneless tenderloin chicken into pieces.

Easy and very tasty. Try it.
It's hard to accept the truth when the lies were exactly what you wanted to hear. Investing is simple, but not easy. Buy, hold & rebalance low cost index funds & manage taxable events. Asking Portfolio Questions | Wiki
bhwabeck3533

Post by bhwabeck3533 »

Since it's "What do I do with my leftover turkey?" season -- try this. You will not be disappointed.

https://www.culinary-cool.com/turkey-al ... ts/#recipe
placeholder

Post by placeholder »

Tonight was pan cooked pork tenderloin with a raspberry gastric made with fresh berries and jam with red wine vinegar and chicken broth.
AnnetteLouisan

Post by AnnetteLouisan »

Deleted
Last edited by AnnetteLouisan on Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bearcat78

Post by Bearcat78 »

Smoked some salmon yesterday. First time trying this and turned out very tasty!
tooluser

Post by tooluser »

Some sort of Italian fajitas, but it needs some improvement.

Sauteed onion, green pepper, and mushrooms in olive oil with salt and Italian seasoning. After the vegetables were getting a little brown and soft, moved them aside and added a thinly sliced garlic clove. Cooked a split Italian sausage next to them, flipped once. Just before the sausage was done, sprinkled the vegetables with shredded Asiago cheese, and covered with a tortilla, let it go another little bit to finish the sausage and steam the tortilla. Flipped out of pan onto plate so the tortilla was on the bottom. Eaten like a fajita taco/burrito, depending on how much I could get the tortilla around the filling.

It was missing something. I think a little marinara sauce would have been perfect. Next time.
doobiedoo

Post by doobiedoo »

I made won-ton soup today.

I buy the won-ton skins from 99 Ranch (a Chinese grocery store).
For the filling, I use 0.5 lb ground pork, 12 raw shrimp (sliced up), 1 beaten egg, some cornstarch dissolved in water.
For the soup, I use chicken broth with a bunch of baby spinach, 1 sliced mushroom, and some diced spam (yes, spam!).
dcabler

Post by dcabler »

It's cold, so....
SEAFOOD GUMBO!!!

Cheers.
michaeljc70

Post by michaeljc70 »

I made ossobuco on Sunday for a pre-holiday dinner. Technically it wasn't ossobuco because I used beef shanks ($2.99/lb) instead of veal shanks. It is a good entertaining dish in that it is even better if made the day before. I served it with saffron risotto and rapini. We had crusty bread for the bone marrow. I shredded the leftovers and made a pasta with the shredded meat and leftover sauce the next day.
Mudpuppy

Post by Mudpuppy »

I was going to make chicken barley soup for dinner, but I had a comically long list of substitutions and unavailable items for my grocery pickup order. One of the out-of-stock items was the chicken broth, so there went those plans.

I guess I need to get a whole chicken to make some chicken stock. I prefer Chef Frank's method/recipe from ProtoCooks, although I am a bit lazy and often skip the icing down stage at the end (sorry Chef Frank!) and just put it into the fridge to cool. Chef Frank's video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D-608HqNZA

I was toying with the idea of cooking another turkey just to make stock and soup out of it, but I think a whole chicken would be a bit easier. I could even do a whole meal prep thing by roasting the chicken for diced roast chicken (salad toppers, chicken & rice, etc.) and then using the bones to make chicken stock. Although, knowing me, I'll probably just use the whole chicken to make one big pot of chicken soup of some sort.
Ivygirl

Post by Ivygirl »

Chicken hearts and gizzards, simmered low and slow for about four hours. I was meat-shopping and spotted a pack of hearts for $2.02 and a pack of gizzards for $1.72 and thought, why not? I've never cared for liver, but years ago I had fried gizzards and hearts and liked them.

After cooking, I whizzed them with their broth in the food processor, then made a soup with a cup of the meat, a can of V-8 juice, and some sliced green olives. It reminded me of turtle soup, or oxtail. The tomato-salt-vinegar taste was good with it.

I've frozen the rest in 1-cup portions for later additions to soup, meatballs, and seafood gumbo. I liked this enough that I'll be looking up recipes. It was $3.74 for about five cups of meat.
MP173

Post by MP173 »

Used leftover ham from Christmas to make ham and bean soup. DW made a loaf of "rustic bread". Nice dinner.

Ed
praxis

Post by praxis »

Wife and I cook and eat a wide variety of foods. Lately (4 years) have been aiming to cook and eat healthier. Partly to beat rising cholesterol numbers without medicine and partly to stay around for our grandkids. Healthier tips have come from our doctors and lots of reading. The Blue Zones are famous as places in the world with highest numbers of people over 100. Similarities in their diets in all Blue Zone locations are vegetables, fruits, fish, grains, low animal fats, no cured meats, low sugar. We just bought the newest cookbook for our Christmas present and we intend to eat our way through this:

https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Zones-Ameri ... 1387&psc=1

Our recent favorites include roasting our vegetables in the oven, vegetable stews with some meat for flavor. Our new favorite whole grain is farro. We eat salmon, tuna, sardines, oysters, shrimp. For our traditional recipes we substitute ground turkey for beef.
mkc

Post by mkc »

Just finished making a batch of homemade flour tortillas and one of Hatch green chile sauce.

Dinner tonight is tortilla burgers - burgers wrapped in flour tortillas, topped with melted cheese and chile sauce (we prefer green). We first had them at the Hill restaurant in Los Alamos in 2011 when we spent the summer in Santa Fe and have been making them at home ever since.
Mudpuppy

Post by Mudpuppy »

Mudpuppy wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:14 am I was going to make chicken barley soup for dinner, but I had a comically long list of substitutions and unavailable items for my grocery pickup order. One of the out-of-stock items was the chicken broth, so there went those plans.
The universe really doesn't want me making soup. This time, I sliced into the onion to find it was watery and turning brown inside, i.e., it was going bad. The second onion I had was the same. So now I need to buy more onions, but I wasn't going to go to the store just for onions. I'll revisit this later in the week after I have a more well-rounded grocery order and see if the third attempt is successful.
placeholder

Post by placeholder »

mkc wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 5:26 pm Hatch green chile sauce.
I heartily endorse the product and/or service.
02nz

Post by 02nz »

Made this cioppino recipe for lunch. Was delicious, soaked up with a lot of bread.

I was lazy and didn't bother with cooking the fish in the oven. I just cooked it in the stew at the end for about 3 minutes, and about a minute later put in the shrimp (so the shrimp cooked for 2 minutes). Everything turned out great. Definitely don't cook the shrimp for 5 minutes like the recipe says. I also used less butter and a bit more olive oil.
Last edited by 02nz on Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AnnetteLouisan

Post by AnnetteLouisan »

I fasted for about 20 hours and woo! it isn’t something I will try again. Good experience though.
Last edited by AnnetteLouisan on Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tooluser

Post by tooluser »

I wanted to cook some black-eyed peas for New Year's luck today, and no store near me had them...except as part of the 10-bean medley for soup. So I got some of that, which had a few black-eyed peas in it. I made a small pot of beans with a few other things thrown in. My luck this year will therefore probably be diluted to 10% of normal.

I don't really care for the bean mix though. When cooked it turns into an unattractive grey-purple due to the various colors of beans, and there was one bean type that needed more cooking than the rest, so the texture isn't uniform.
mkc

Post by mkc »

placeholder wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:03 pm
Thank you - that's high praise since you've never tried mine :happy (it's the recipe from the Santa Fe School of Cooking first cookbook. I mail order fresh Hatch chiles in September and roast my own, then freeze).
Mudpuppy

Post by Mudpuppy »

AnnetteLouisan wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:11 pm I fasted for about 20 hours and woo! it isn’t something I will try again. Good experience though.
I hope it was a voluntary fast and not a by-product of unfortunate circumstances. If it was a by-product of unfortunate circumstances, I hope things are looking better today.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Let's avoid discussing diet (fasting) and stay focused on cooking.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
InMyDreams

Post by InMyDreams »

mkc wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:49 pm
Thank you - that's high praise since you've never tried mine :happy (it's the recipe from the Santa Fe School of Cooking first cookbook. I mail order fresh Hatch chiles in September and roast my own, then freeze).
Could you share the recipe?

Fun fact: New Mexico has a state question - Red or Green? Sometimes it's hard to choose, but usually green...

Just made apple-jicama slaw, loosely based on Giada's recipe (subbed some of the LJ with OJ, add orange zest, no parsley nor sesame). Mmmm.
mkc

Post by mkc »

InMyDreams wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:15 pm
mkc wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:49 pm
Could you share the recipe?

Fun fact: New Mexico has a state question - Red or Green? Sometimes it's hard to choose, but usually green...
Depends on the protein ;-) Or you can just opt for "Christmas", which is half and half.

I'll type up the recipe later today. The one on their website looks different than what I remember from the book.
tooluser

Post by tooluser »

I was in a Chinese market before the holidays, and picked up a can of fried dace with salted black beans, having no idea what it was other than canned fish, which I have been trying to sample around on.

I found this recipe on Youtube:
Fried Dace with Salted Black Bean, Stir Fried With Vegetables
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFBnHcqxcVY

It was easy and delicious. The fish is not at all fishy, but very savory and salty (like soy sauce). It has a somewhat leathery texture somewhere in-between canned sardines and fish jerky. For the greens I used "endive lettuce", which I knew from some other cooking does well with the heat. A successful experiment!
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Pork loin in the crockpot: Couldn't Be Easier BBQ Pork Tenderloin (Crock Pot) Recipe | MyRecipes I left out the hot sauce.

My pork loin came with a bone. After it was done, I cut up the meat and placed it in a plastic container. I poured all the sauce from the crock pot on top of the pork, sealed the container, and put it in the fridge for leftovers.

For a side dish, I made red beans and rice with diced onion and green pepper. Both the onion and green pepper were sauteed before combining with the rice and red beans.
MP173

Post by MP173 »

Ladygeek:

No doubt the bone added some flavor.

I made turkey chili today and the bread bowls (homemade) just went in the oven. Used a 2-1 ratio of white bread flour to whole wheat flour for the bread bowls. We are moving away from red meat and reducing sodium anticipating diet change with next visit to doctor.

Ed
doobiedoo

Post by doobiedoo »

LadyGeek wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:06 pm Pork loin in the crockpot: Couldn't Be Easier BBQ Pork Tenderloin (Crock Pot) Recipe | MyRecipes I left out the hot sauce.

My pork loin came with a bone. After it was done, I cut up the meat and placed it in a plastic container. I poured all the sauce from the crock pot on top of the pork, sealed the container, and put it in the fridge for leftovers.

For a side dish, I made red beans and rice with diced onion and green pepper. Both the onion and green pepper were sauteed before combining with the rice and red beans.
LadyGeek, you can slice the leftover pork and add it to ramen, the dried noodles than come in plastic packages with a powder packet for the sauce. You can also use the broth instead of water to boil the noodles [with less/none of the powder flavoring]. I like to add a bunch of fresh spinach to it.

Another option for the leftover pork is to use it in fried rice. I typically add onion, mushrooms, scrambled eggs, peas, zucchini, spam, and Chinese sausage too.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I usually cook with a serving size of 6 or 8. The "leftovers" will be my main dinner for the next week or so - as long as it lasts. Nice ideas, though.

If my red beans and rice "side dish" lasts longer than the pork, I'll add some sausage to the rice and stretch that into a main dinner.

Not mentioned is that I used chicken broth for the rice. It was left over from my previous dish - chicken chili.
Mudpuppy

Post by Mudpuppy »

I made a quick variation on chicken adobo given to me by a co-worker. It's basically 4-6 chicken thighs, 1/2c vinegar, 1/2c soy sauce, generous topping of crushed black pepper on each chicken thigh, and dried bay leaves to taste. If using skinless thighs, also add a couple teaspoons of olive oil to compensate for the lack of fat from the skin. Put in a covered casserole dish in the oven at 350F for about an hour (exact time depends on the number of chicken thighs, so use a meat thermometer to double-check it is done).

I've been slowly adding an extra 1/2 bay leaf each time I make it. I found my bay leaf limit tonight at 5 bay leaves, heh. It's not overpowering, but it's definitely dominating the flavors more than I'd prefer. So I'd say to start with 2-3 bay leaves and slowly dial it up until you find your limit too. This will also depend on the exact species of tree used for your bay leaves, as there are several species sold under that generic label. The brand of bay leaves I use are very aromatic, so perhaps a bit more potent than other brands.
wabbott

Post by wabbott »

A complete surprise for dessert last night. Mrs. wabbott made one of my favorite all time dishes that's very popular in NOLA - Bananas Foster. She said it was easy to make.

https://www.brennansneworleans.com/reci ... as-foster/
chris319

Post by chris319 »

I got some gluten-free biscuit mix and made some biscuits with it. They turned out to be surprisingly good!

I added a small quantity of Crisco to the dough. The biscuits had a nice texture and mouth feel, not at all crumbly. I think the flavor would have been improved by adding a very small quantity of salt. They didn't brown like wheat flour would, but that might have been baker error (took them out of the oven too soon).

I am not gluten intolerant and don't have celiac, but am trying gluten-free to see if it improves some symptoms I am having.

I love biscuits and like these gluten-free biscuits better than the Pillsbury biscuits that come in a cardboard tube that pops open.
Financial decisions based on emotion often turn out to be bad decisions.
michaeljc70

Post by michaeljc70 »

I made a pasta dish last night that I had never heard of before until yesterday. Pasta alla zozzona. It is sort of a combination of marinara and carbonara. It has sausage, pancetta, tomato, egg yolks and pecorino romano cheese. It was good and interesting.
Abe

Post by Abe »

This is good, quick and easy.
https://www.recipetineats.com/honey-garlic-chicken/
CHICKEN BREAST WITH HONEY RECIPE
Ingredients:
2 chicken breast
30g (1.05 oz) butter
1 tbsp olive oil
50g (1.76 oz) flour
4 garlic cloves
60g (2.12 oz) honey
1 tbsp soy sauce
3 tbsp dry white wine
Salt to taste
Ground black pepper to taste
Bunch green onions

Directions:
Score chicken breast
Salt and pepper to taste
Grease a frying pan w/ 1 tbsp olive oil and 0.70 oz butter
Dredge breast in 1.76 oz flour
Fry chicken breast over medium heat until golden brown on each side
Chop 4 garlic cloves
Add .35 oz butter and chopped garlic to skillet
Fry garlic over medium heat, stirring occasionally until golden brown
Add 2.12 oz honey and 1 tbsp soy sauce
Add 3 tbsp dry white wine and mix everything
Bring sauce to simmer and cook over low heat until sauce thickens and cover breast with sauce with spoon.
Chop green onions and sprinkle over top of breast (optional) and serve
Slow and steady wins the race.