US Passport Citizenship Document Not Received After 8 weeks

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
crystalbank

US Passport Citizenship Document Not Received After 8 weeks

Post by crystalbank »

Hello all,

Applied for US passport in the expedited category and received my US passport in early Aug this year. But so far, I haven't yet received my citizenship document back (in my case a naturalization certificate). It has been around 8 weeks. Is this the current normal processing timeframe? Who should I contact to follow up? Thanks.

Update: I received the citizenship document back today, 16 weeks after the application was received by the DHS.
Last edited by crystalbank on Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MGBMartin

Re: US Passport Citizenship Document Not Received After 8 weeks

Post by MGBMartin »

I would contact the Passport Office and ask them
1-877-487-2778
In my experience supporting documents are returned very quickly.
A Naturalization Certificate is not a good thing to loose.
Bad spellers of the world untie | Autocorrect is my worst enema
nalor511

Post by nalor511 »

Mine came back after about 12 weeks. Still doesn't hurt to let them know you haven't got it, but, might not speed things up either way
engineer2012

Post by engineer2012 »

I applied for my kids and got them back right around 12 weeks.

I did end up calling them. There is a way to reach a human, I think it was option 1, 1 and then 2 per Google search result. They would ask for Nth digit on your passport to find the passport processing center your passport was sent from. I wrote a one sentence letter to the passport processing center to request documents back, and a couple of days after I sent the letter, my kids documents arrived in the mail. The documents were most likely already in the mail, I didn't have to send the letter.

Might just have to be patient. Could've saved a forever stamp haha.
Topic Author
crystalbank

Post by crystalbank »

Thanks for the responses. I guess I'll just have to stay put and wait a few more weeks before trying to contact them.

Update: I received the citizenship document back today, 16 weeks after the application was received by the DHS.