HSA HealthEquity Duplicated Money

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
prickly_comment

HSA HealthEquity Duplicated Money

Post by prickly_comment »

Is there anything else I should do other than what has occurred below? Did I almost just get free money?

I've been transferring my HSA contributions from HealthEquity to Fidelity. HealthEquity mistakenly did not do a partial transfer. Instead, they sent the whole account value and closed my account. I called to undo the mistake, they stopped the check for transferring everything, and then sent the correct partial amount. Unfortunately, Fidelity processed the whole amount of the account AND the correct partial amount :shock:. I now have Fidelity and HealthEquity claiming they have that full account amount...This was in May and June of 2022.

I think I have the solution now. I've requested for the processed check of the whole amount from Fidelity. HealthEquity says, upload that to their website. That will confirm to them that the whole amount was processed and they will subtract it from my account...hopefully. Since several months have passed my account has enough to cover the subtracted value.

I should at least get some free ice cream from HealthEquity for cleaning up this mess.