Peacock premium????

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
Xrayman69

Peacock premium????

Post by Xrayman69 »

Any have peacock premium? Potentially interested in the premium service for $5 a month for premiere league.

Question, how many can watch simultaneously in a single household? YouTube TV permits 3 screens per user simultaneously. Does this work well if I’m traveling on the road in hotels and out of my home area? How challenging to cancel after 1-2 months if it isn’t shown to be of value ?

Thanks
LongRoad

Re: Peacock premium????

Post by LongRoad »

Xrayman69 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:50 pm Any have peacock premium? Potentially interested in the premium service for $5 a month for premiere league.

Question, how many can watch simultaneously in a single household? YouTube TV permits 3 screens per user simultaneously. Does this work well if I’m traveling on the road in hotels and out of my home area? How challenging to cancel after 1-2 months if it isn’t shown to be of value ?

Thanks
Looks like it supports 3 concurrent streams on an account.
https://www.peacocktv.com/help/article/ ... ncurrently

I was able to cancel a monthly subscription online without a phone call or other fuss. The subscription continued to the end of the paid-for period then reverted to the 'free' version.
DoubleComma

Post by DoubleComma »

Can't answer, but if by chance you have Xfinity as you ISP Peacock Premium is included at no additional cost. You can to link you Peacock and Xfinity accounts.
momvesting

Post by momvesting »

Just FYI, there are periodically AMEX offers for this.
CoastLawyer2030

Post by CoastLawyer2030 »

Xrayman69 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:50 pm Any have peacock premium? Potentially interested in the premium service for $5 a month for premiere league.

Thanks
I am a huge Premier League fan and would recommend Peacock. I've been successful with three streams at once.

One thing to keep in mind -- if the game is on network TV (NBC or USA), it will *not* be on Peacock. So you cannot exclusively watch all of the games with Peacock. I use YouTube TV plus Peacock.
oldcomputerguy

Post by oldcomputerguy »

This topic is now in the Personal Consumer Issues forum.
There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way. (Christopher Morley)
wingman4uz

Post by wingman4uz »

I have Peacock Premium and got it solely for premier league games. It’s not a great app (I’m on Roku system) but it’s very much worth it for me to be able to watch the games. As someone else pointed out, the only issue is if the game is on a TV channel, most of the time it’s not on Peacock.

Cancelling is no issue and can be done online. I sometimes do that in the off season, if I remember😀
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

We have it for cycling. Great coverage of the Tour De France and other events. But really that's all , NBC programming doesn't appeal to us.
Marty....don't go to the year 2020....Dr. Emmett Brown
InvisibleAerobar

Post by InvisibleAerobar »

CoastLawyer2030 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:01 pm

Thanks
I am a huge Premier League fan and would recommend Peacock. I've been successful with three streams at once.

One thing to keep in mind -- if the game is on network TV (NBC or USA), it will *not* be on Peacock. So you cannot exclusively watch all of the games with Peacock. I use YouTube TV plus Peacock.
At least last season, the 12:30 PM ET Saturday matches on NBC (over the air) were also on Peacock. Quite useful, as i have spotty antenna reception.

Also, ad-free for soccer is mostly an overkill. I basically tune in at kick off, turn off broadcast after 1st half injury time, tune in again ~15 minutes later, and watch til the end. Almost no ads.

I use Sling for the matches on USA. Personally, i’d prefer to pay $15/month for EPL and tell Sling to bu**er off with its $35/month fee (we almost don’t watch any other channel)
tj218

Post by tj218 »

Peacock is great, definitely a must for soccer. As posters mentioned above if you have Comcast OR an Amex you can basically get it for free. If you aren't a fan of the big 6, you can probably get by most of the entire season just with Peacock. The Big 6 games are usually what is put on USA. Sling is the other option for the USA Network games, last spring a lot was on there (3-4 per week) but this weekend was not as bad.
MadHungarian

Post by MadHungarian »

Sorry, when i read the thread title i thought, "What is even the price on peacocks going up these days? What's next?"
Wannaretireearly

Post by Wannaretireearly »

What about champions league too? This is where I get frustrated at the fragmentation of needing so many paid services. I’ve been using hesgoal .com. On and off.
“At some point you are trading time you will never get back for money you will never spend.“ | “How do you want to spend the best remaining year of your life?“
rich126

Post by rich126 »

I only have it because I get it free via a credit card. Overall there isn't a lot of content I would watch. The interface leave a lot to be desired (like several streaming services).

It isn't that much so try it and see if you like it for a month. A lot of the "premium" versions of streaming say no ads but they still throw in a rare ad here and there. Most of them are just advertising other streaming shows. Not quite sure how/why they think it benefits them. I'm already on their streaming service so why advertise something on it?
----------------------------- | If you think something is important and it doesn't involve the health of someone, think again. Life goes too fast, enjoy it and be nice.
WinstonTeracina

Post by WinstonTeracina »

Peakcock works fine abroad and in hotels without any sort of VPN. Can’t say how easy it is to cancel as I purchased the yearly plan to save a few bucks since I’m and avid premier league fan. Keep in mind not every match is available live; Arsenal palace was delayed by a day for example. Overall though I’ve been happy with the service and will renew in a couple weeks
75% - Equities (2/3 VT + 1/3 * (40% AVUV + 40% AVDV + 20% AVES)) | 25% - Series bonds + EDV
CoastLawyer2030

Wannaretireearly wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:29 am What about champions league too? This is where I get frustrated at the fragmentation of needing so many paid services. I’ve been using hesgoal .com. On and off.
Aside from a couple televised games on regular channels, early stages of the Champions League require a Paramount Plus subscription, which I unequivocally refuse to do. The group stages are largely a formality due to the way the tournament has been formatted to favor the large clubs. So, I'm not going to give into yet another subscription.

Come the knockout rounds the games are usually on CBS or CBS Sports Network, which I can catch on YouTube TV.
CoastLawyer2030

WinstonTeracina wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:27 am Peakcock works fine abroad and in hotels without any sort of VPN. Can’t say how easy it is to cancel as I purchased the yearly plan to save a few bucks since I’m and avid premier league fan. Keep in mind not every match is available live; Arsenal palace was delayed by a day for example. Overall though I’ve been happy with the service and will renew in a couple weeks
Crystal Palace v. Arsenal was live over the air on USA (don't tell my boss that I watched it at my office); this is what I was saying that if it's on either USA or NBC it's going to be delayed by a day getting on Peacock.
InvisibleAerobar

Post by InvisibleAerobar »

Wannaretireearly wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:29 am What about champions league too? This is where I get frustrated at the fragmentation of needing so many paid services. I’ve been using hesgoal .com. On and off.
Paramount/CBS

That one also has credit card promotions to "lessen the pain"

Time your subscription so that you get most out of it. Mine is typically: 3 months from September (group stages), cancel service, another three months from mid-February to early May. The UCL final is available over the air on CBS.
Bogle7

Peacock premium plus for us

Post by Bogle7 »

We spend the money so we can watch Escape to the Château DIY without commercials.
The only sport we watch is Le Tour.
Old fart who does three index stock funds, baby.
OnceARunner

Post by OnceARunner »

DoubleComma wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:02 pm Can't answer, but if by chance you have Xfinity as you ISP Peacock Premium is included at no additional cost. You can to link you Peacock and Xfinity accounts.
I just tried to do this but it says my plan isn't eligible. I have a 300mps plan so I know it's not too "basic" of a plan. After I read the conditions, it looks like you must also have TV or have one of their Flex streaming devices to be eligible. It does look like the flex streaming device is free with my plan. I've never taken them up on it because I have no use for it, but if simply ordering it for free and sitting it in a closet will get my a free premium account, it may be worth it.
hfj

Post by hfj »

OnceARunner wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:30 am
DoubleComma wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:02 pm Can't answer, but if by chance you have Xfinity as you ISP Peacock Premium is included at no additional cost. You can to link you Peacock and Xfinity accounts.
I just tried to do this but it says my plan isn't eligible. I have a 300mps plan so I know it's not too "basic" of a plan. After I read the conditions, it looks like you must also have TV or have one of their Flex streaming devices to be eligible. It does look like the flex streaming device is free with my plan. I've never taken them up on it because I have no use for it, but if simply ordering it for free and sitting it in a closet will get my a free premium account, it may be worth it.
I also got the Flex and Peacock Premium for "free" with Xfinity, and I use my Flex as the most convenient way to watch Peacock on my family room TV. I've found myself also toggling to the Netflix and Youtube apps on it as well, as it's reasonably fast compared to my older Tivo Roamio box. I primarily use Peacock for soccer and cycling; sometimes I'll watch from my desktop in the background, or on an iPad if I'm on my bicycle trainer. But truthfully I don't often sit through full games and primarily catch up with the 10-15 min replays on Youtube; often they show up Youtube before they show up in the extended replays on Peacock. Tour de France time it's nice to have it running in the background.
Last edited by hfj on Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wingman4uz

Post by wingman4uz »

A bit of an aside, the Tour coverage is awesome. I love Phil Liggett’s commentary, it takes me back to the 1980’s growing up watching it. I hope he continues for many more years.
Broken Man 1999

Post by Broken Man 1999 »

Looks like I'll be paying for Peacock Premium or Premium Plus since DW's soap opera Days of Our Lives is moving to the streaming platform.

Remarkable run of 55+ years and counting.

Looks like $5.99 for Premium and $9.99 for Premium Plus. I'll probably sign up for Premium Plus since there seems to be mostly ad-less offerings.

Broken Man 1999
“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven then I shall not go." - Mark Twain
DoubleComma

Post by DoubleComma »

OnceARunner wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:30 am
I have 600 Mbps plan, nothing else, not even a modem rental. Total cost $65/month.

We stream via Roku and Xbox.

We’ve streaming streaming Peacock Premium since April at Zero cost.

I wouldn’t think so, but maybe location matters.