Any VTI equivalent yet?

For investors outside the US. Personal investments, personal finance, investing news and theory.
Sister forums: Canada, Spain (en español)
---------------
Topic Author
Neus
Location: a Developing country in Asia with Low Cost of Living and Tax Treaty with USA

Any VTI equivalent yet?

Post by Neus »

So I read that the benefit of indexing is: NO INDEX FRONT RUNNING. But this one is actually missed by the holder of SP500 stocks, which held no small-mid cap

CSPX has done a really great job of providing a low-cost, Ireland-based, accumulating ETF which is the best VOO equivalent that we can get, but if there's VTI equivalent with comparable cost, i want to go with VTI equivalent

So I just want to quickly ask if there's an Ireland-based, Accumulating, VTI equivalent for international investors
TedSwippet

Re: Any VTI equivalent yet?

Post by TedSwippet »

Neus wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:02 pm So I just want to quickly ask if there's an Ireland-based, Accumulating, VTI equivalent for international investors
Not in one ETF, but can be created by combining two, in a 94:6 ratio. For large and mid cap, MXUS (0.05% TER) seems like a possible contender. From the factsheet:
About the index
The MSCI USA Index is a financial index providing exposure to large and mid capitalisation US equities, weighted by free float market capitalisation. The index is reviewed quarterly and rebalanced semi-annually
For small cap, USML (0.14% TER). 94% MXUS and 6% USML creates an effective 0.0564% TER.

It's also worth comparing VOO (S&P 500) with VTI. Unsurprisingly, they correlate very closely. And over most if not all periods, for whatever reason, VOO has had a very slight edge.

For other ideas, experiment with the JustETF screener tool.
Topic Author
Neus
Location: a Developing country in Asia with Low Cost of Living and Tax Treaty with USA

Post by Neus »

TedSwippet wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:52 am
Neus wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:02 pm So I just want to quickly ask if there's an Ireland-based, Accumulating, VTI equivalent for international investors
Not in one ETF, but can be created by combining two, in a 94:6 ratio. For large and mid cap, MXUS (0.05% TER) seems like a possible contender. From the factsheet:
About the index
The MSCI USA Index is a financial index providing exposure to large and mid capitalisation US equities, weighted by free float market capitalisation. The index is reviewed quarterly and rebalanced semi-annually
For small cap, USML (0.14% TER). 94% MXUS and 6% USML creates an effective 0.0564% TER.

It's also worth comparing VOO (S&P 500) with VTI. Unsurprisingly, they correlate very closely. And over most if not all periods, for whatever reason, VOO has had a very slight edge.

For other ideas, experiment with the JustETF screener tool.
got it, thank you for the confirmation
galeno

Post by galeno »

I like 90% VWRD + 10% WSML to make VT.
KISS & STC.