Stories about & lessons from Jack Bogle, recounted by Bill McNabb at the Bogleheads Conference in 2019

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Topic Author
Xexanoth

Stories about & lessons from Jack Bogle, recounted by Bill McNabb at the Bogleheads Conference in 2019

Post by Xexanoth »

For those who haven't seen it, I found Bill McNabb's stories about & lessons from Jack Bogle during his 2019 Fireside Chat with Bill Bernstein to be a worthwhile account of Jack Bogle's admirable character, values, and wisdom.
dwickenh

Re: Stories about & lessons from Jack Bogle, recounted by Bill McNabb at the Bogleheads Conference in 2019

Post by dwickenh »

Thanks for posting, I'll take the time and listen to all of this.
The market is the most efficient mechanism anywhere in the world for transferring wealth from impatient people to patient people.” | — Warren Buffett
bondsr4me

Re: Stories about & lessons from Jack Bogle, recounted by Bill McNabb at the Bogleheads Conference in 2019

Post by bondsr4me »

Xexanoth wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:45 am For those who haven't seen it, I found Bill McNabb's stories about & lessons from Jack Bogle during his 2019 Fireside Chat with Bill Bernstein to be a worthwhile account of Jack Bogle's admirable character, values, and wisdom.
thanks for the link…will listen to this today.
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

Xexanoth wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:45 am For those who haven't seen it, I found Bill McNabb's stories about & lessons from Jack Bogle during his 2019 Fireside Chat with Bill Bernstein to be a worthwhile account of Jack Bogle's admirable character, values, and wisdom.
Oh this is wonderful! Thank you so much for posting :D
bondsr4me

Post by bondsr4me »

I just finished watching the “fireside chat”….really, really enjoyed it.

It helps to remind me why I invest in Vanguard ETF’s.

Thanks again for the link….there are many others I want to watch.

I miss Jack being around….VG does too I’m sure.