Managing honey-do lists and other lists

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
kaesler

Re: Managing honey-do lists and other lists

Post by kaesler »

Another vote for Things. https://culturedcode.com/things/
StAug1967

Post by StAug1967 »

I use the checklist and reminder feature in Google Keep. The checklist is nice when I'm running errands or picking up home improvement items from the hardware store. I also like having access to Keep from any device where I'm logged in.
LilyFleur

Post by LilyFleur »

celia wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:03 pm
Oddball wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:46 pm For chores they are always the same per person (I do most of the cleaning, yard work, laundry; SO puts away her and the kids clean clothes, does most of the cooking, etc.). Other tasks around the house are all on me, but I like to take care of them and am more skilled with power tools.
I get that you are probably a blended family, but how will someone learn basic life skills if they don’t try them once in a while? How will you cook if you outlive your partner? How will she use your power tools after you die if she doesn’t fix a few things now.

And how will the kids learn that jobs are not limited to a gender? Or that they should learn all the jobs eventually?

(These are rhetorical questions that don’t need to be answered here.)
I've been single for 10 years now (I'm 62.)

Despite never having been "allowed" to work on the finances during my marriage, I'm here, learning and managing my own investments rather well, with a credit rating over 800 and a financial plan to carry me through the rest of my life.

I do have "honey do" lists which I can choose to do or ignore or hire out. I have hired out both traditionally male and traditionally female tasks. It works out well. :mrgreen:
dknightd

Post by dknightd »

We keep some of the lists in our mind. It is good practice.
Retired 2019. So far, so good. I want to wake up every morning. But I want to die in my sleep. Just another conundrum. I think the solution might be afternoon naps ;)