Portfolio sharing question

Discussions about the forum and contents
Topic Author
newboglehead310

Portfolio sharing question

Post by newboglehead310 »

Hello,

I am new to the forum and made a mistake in my initial post, which one user suggests might give it few views/responses. In trying to fix it, I have the following questions:

1. I just setup the Fidelity "Full View" tool, and it gives me a report that (when I put into excel and massage a bit) looks like this:

Can I post this report? Or should I massage in into the specific phpbb format given here?

Also, should I remove the Units, Price and Market Value columns (hiding the actual dollar amounts)? I would think the dollar amounts are important no?

2. Given the answer above, should I edit my original post or make a new post and delete the old one?

Thank you!
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Re: Portfolio sharing question

Post by LadyGeek »

Welcome!

It's helpful to keep everything in a single thread.

Just add a new post to your existing thread Beginner questions, getting ready to move away from "managed" to DIY using the Asking portfolio questions format.

If you get stuck, just do the best you can. We'll help you with the rest.

If you don't understand something, please ask for help in that thread.

You're already getting some good advice.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
Topic Author
newboglehead310

LadyGeek wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:20 pm using the Asking portfolio questions format.
Hello! I just want to double-check how strict this rule is. Does my screenshot report "count" as the correct format? Or should I massage it more into the linked format?

Also, if I think the dollar amounts are relevant, can I include them? Or should I remove them as mentioned in the linked post?

Thank you!
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Close. Your screenshot is:

Health Savings account

1% VTI, Vanguard total stock ETF
0.5% VEA, Vanguard FTSE developed markets ETF
0.5% FDRXX, Fidelity Government Cash reserve

Actually, you don't need to be that precise. To the nearest 5% is fine.

The bottom half of your first post was nearly there. It just needs some reorganization to the new format.

Feel free to ask these questions in your thread. Beginner questions, getting ready to move away from "managed" to DIY
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
Topic Author
newboglehead310

Thank you for the help! Ive made the requested edits.