Investing video tutorials

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Topic Author
Investor_Newbie0

Investing video tutorials

Post by Investor_Newbie0 »

Hello All,

I am a newbie to investing. I am trying to learn investing and money management. Someone suggested reading the book " Making the most of your money now" by JB Quinn. I plan to take a look into that book, but I am also looking for some online YouTube videos which can explain different aspects of money management and investment, similar to that book. Will the experts here be kind enough to suggest some free videos/tutorials etc, on YouTube. I am looking for something around 2-3 hours videos to begin with and slowly build up on that.

Thanks
arcticpineapplecorp.

Re: Investing video tutorials

Post by arcticpineapplecorp. »

this is a good place to start:
Video:Bogleheads Investment Philosophy

All videos should take you just a little over an hour.

welcome to the group.
It's hard to accept the truth when the lies were exactly what you wanted to hear. Investing is simple, but not easy. Buy, hold & rebalance low cost index funds & manage taxable events. Asking Portfolio Questions | Wiki
retired@50

Post by retired@50 »

Investor_Newbie0 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:37 pm Hello All,

I am a newbie to investing. I am trying to learn investing and money management. Someone suggested reading the book " Making the most of your money now" by JB Quinn. I plan to take a look into that book, but I am also looking for some online YouTube videos which can explain different aspects of money management and investment, similar to that book. Will the experts here be kind enough to suggest some free videos/tutorials etc, on YouTube. I am looking for something around 2-3 hours videos to begin with and slowly build up on that.

Thanks
Ben Felix has a youtube channel and loads of content.

See link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDXTQ8 ... Z2v-kp7QxA

Regards,
If liberty means anything at all it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. -George Orwell
ColoradoRick

Post by ColoradoRick »

I recommend Rob Berger....he is a Boglehead that is literate yet interesting. Some may not apply to you, but he also does videos for 20 and 30 somethings.
dertere

Post by dertere »

The Money Guy Show is a good beginner level personal finance and investing channel. They tend to be broader and aimed at a general audience.

The Money Guy Show focuses on the basics of how to manage your personal finances to have discretionary income to invest, basic considerations for retirement planning success, and basics of managing your investment portfolio, which seems very similar to the book you were recommended (I'm not personally familiar with the book, just going off the publisher's description). They generally follow similar principles to Bogleheads, though obviously as financial advisors they suggest consulting a financial advisor more often than most Bogleheads would tend to.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9vUu4 ... dHQCTvQPbg
Parkinglotracer

Post by Parkinglotracer »

Financinglife.org is a great informative website.
Robin1234

Post by Robin1234 »

arcticpineapplecorp. wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 9:13 pm this is a good place to start:
Video:Bogleheads Investment Philosophy

All videos should take you just a little over an hour.

welcome to the group.
I started with the above videos both for me and my kids. Besides above I found the audio book "The Psychology of Money: Timeless lessons on wealth, greed, and happiness" extremely instructive. You can get the audio or get a used copy at https://www.amazon.com/Psychology-Money ... 0857197681
Marseille07

Post by Marseille07 »

I like Rob Berger's Financial Freedom Show on YouTube.