"View Your Posts"

Discussions about the forum and contents
Topic Author
Taylor Larimore

"View Your Posts"

Post by Taylor Larimore »

Administration:

Today, "View Your Posts" was missing from the left-hand side of the Opening Page.

I use "View Your Posts" to answer questions addressed to me. It is also useful to see what I have written so I don't repeat or contradict myself. I also use "View Your Post" to locate posts from another individual.

I assume others use "View Your Post" for similar reasons. It has been useful for many years.

Please reinstate "View Your Posts."

Thank you and best wishes.

Taylor
"Simplicity is the master key to financial success." -- Jack Bogle
runner3081

Re: "View Your Posts"

Post by runner3081 »

Another way to find them:

*Upper right hand corner, select dropdown with username
*Select "Show your posts".
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Taylor,

I believe you are referring to the Bogleheads home page. In desktop view, the left-side menu under Bogleheads® Forum contains View Your Posts.

However, that's only if you're logged in. When you're not logged in, the entry shows Login. After you've logged into the forum, the entry will indeed show "View Your Posts".

In the forum, the top-left "Quick links" menu will show Your posts (generic link that goes to your posts), which is the same thing. If you are not logged in, this entry will not be available.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
Topic Author
Taylor Larimore

LadyGeek:

I never had to Log In before to "view my posts." Somebody changed it for the worse.

Love

Taylor
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

It was probably something simple, such as closing a browser window.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
Topic Author
Taylor Larimore

LadyGeek wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:32 pm It was probably something simple, such as closing a browser window.
Lady Geek:

You are right. It is working for me now.

Thank you for your quick response and the many, many things you do to make The Bogleheads Forum, and our Wiki, the best place in the world to get sound investment advice!

Best wishes.
Taylor
Jack Bogle's Words of Wisdom: "If there is a website that bespeaks the Golden Rule, surely the Boglehead site is its paradigm."